RemedySpot.com

Susie,just my thoughts here, but i think the 'high fiber diet' that has been pushed for a few years now, is over rated.  these diet fads come and go and i think we need to be careful because they are often just for some to make money.  if y

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Susie,just my thoughts here, but i think the 'high fiber diet' that has been pushed for a few years now, is over rated.  these diet fads come and go and i think we need to be careful because they are often just for some to make money.  if you are not dealing with a health problem where you have to eliminate some foods,  i have always thought that 'back to the basics' have been a sustainable way of eating.  unprocessed and whole foods, in balance, are your best bet.  fiber naturally comes in fruits and vegetable and by eating whole foods we should get enough. 

drinking water only when you are thirsty some say is too late as you are already dehydrated.  so maybe drink when you are thirsty and in between also.  but the most important thing about water is making sure it is pure.

i have the gut mobility issue with lyme, that is, my gut does not move without help.  if i consume any type of fiber or binder out of a can, it binds me up for many days and i can often have a hard time getting things back to normal.  but i have learned on this site that we must take a binder to bind the toxins to get them out of the body.  i am just starting to use glucomannan which many here say will not cause additional constipation.  

i have heard others say the same thing about fiber, that it may not be for everyone.  it may cause more harm than good, and then there is the question of what else is in there as an additive.   so just be careful with the fiber, for many reasons if you find it bothers you.  when you deal with chronic illness, sometimes you have to go with what works for you.  on this site people share a great variety of options to choose from.  

barbara

Khaya,

I was drinking 2 fiber drinks a day & that's what I stopped because even though they're organic, I didn't want to make my problem any worse in case this guy is right. But I'm not going to eliminate vegetables & fruits from my diet. I have reverse osmosis water & when I tried to use Concentrace liquid minerals, they didn't seem to agree with me. What he recommends is a glass of water 30-60 mins before each meal & I've been doing that. But then I don't drink hardly anything else, maybe another glass. I'm going to try that for awhile because it seems to be helping me. Thanks for your thoughts!

Susie

> >

> > Just ran across this website www.fibermenace.com and was pretty amazed at the amount of info on it. However, I am also very shocked at the claims that eating fiber and drinking alot of water causes constipation, since everything you pick up tells you to eat more fiber & drink 8 glasses of water a day. It's conflicting, but when you read through all the material presented (and there is alot of it), it makes sense what he is saying. I realize he is out to sell his stuff, but he gives an awful lot of information in the process. Has anyone seen this website & tried any of the things recommended? I always wondered about losing minerals from drinking too much water because I never felt any better drinking alot of it. I cut way back down the last couple of days & am less constipated, so maybe there is something to what he is saying. I'm still undecided about the total elimination of fiber (I think that would only include a select few fruits & vegetables) because that doesn't seem healthy either. He doesn't mention exactly what to eat, only what not to eat. I'd be interested to hear anyone's thoughts if they care to look at the website.

> >

> > Susie

> >

>