RemedySpot.com

Warmth is a big factor in increase of grains. On the nights when I run my distiller indoors, next to my kefir culture,(tiny kitchen in the Airstream) the grains are noticeably increased the next day. Léna Strange, mine are growing so rapidly late

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Warmth is a big factor in increase of grains. On the nights when I run my distiller indoors, next to my kefir culture,(tiny kitchen in the Airstream) the grains are noticeably increased the next day. Léna Strange, mine are growing so rapidly lately that i have had to eat some to keep them down to a size I can use. Im using either whole or 2% organic with no growth hormones milk,but that is generally what Ive used all along and havent had this much growth until this past month.January in Florida, I wonder, its a warm winter down here, warmer than usual during the day ,But Im constantly getting new grain clumps growing.like every couple of daysjan OT: Kefir, or, a rose is a rose is a rose Posted by: "Guyot Léna" drumroll@... lenasquest Date: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:37 pm ((PST))Hi Jim,It was interesting to hear that my kefir grains replicated faster than the ones you'd been using. Did you notice any other differences, like in taste, thickness, ph, amount of whey, timing of the appearance of whey. I'm wondering how many hundreds of varieties of keifr are out there. Glad you have two now to compare.From time to time, with the abuse it gets on the road, my kefir changes, and then I flush it with distilled water, feed it fresh organic milk, and let it restore its own balance. Usually, within 2 days it's once again at its best.Be well,Léna"Im not trying to counsel any of you to do anything really special,except to dare to think, and to dare to go with the truth ,and to dare to love completely." -R. Buckminster Fuller