RemedySpot.com

To anybody,i didn't know anything about lufenuron so looked it up on wikipedia and here is what it said.  this is confusing to me.  is this stuff ok for us to take.  i have always been scared to give my animals flea meds and now we are taking

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

To anybody,i didn't know anything about lufenuron so looked it up on wikipedia and here is what it said.  this is confusing to me.  is this stuff ok for us to take.  i have always been scared to give my animals flea meds and now we are taking it. it does show toxicity to water zooplankton.  can anyone help me understand the safety of this stuff????

Lufenuron is the active ingredient in the veterinary flea control medication Program, and one of the active ingredients in the veterinary flea control,heartworm prevention, and anthelmintic medicine milbemycin oxime/lufenuron (trade names Program plus, Sentinel Flavor Tabs).

Lufenuron is stored in the animal's body fat and transferred to adult fleas through their bite. Adult fleas transfer it to their eggs by its presence in the mother flea's blood, or by the larva feeding on pre-digested blood.

Lufenuron, a benzoylurea pesticide, inhibits the production of chitin in larval fleas. Without chitin, a larval flea will never develop an exoskeleton. Attacking the ability to create chitin may make lufenuron a remedy against fungal infections, such as ringworm (a dermatophyte infection and not a worm at all).

It has no known toxic effects at any dosage on humans or other animals in the environment that do not depend on chitin, though the orally-administered pills can sometimes cause an upset stomach with acid reflux.

Lufenuron is also sold as a crop protection product (pesticide) by Syngenta for use against lepidoptera, eriophid mites, and Western flower thrips; it has approval in a number of countries for use on a variety of crops, including soybeans and maize.

Lufenuron is thought to be an effective anti-fungal in plants. It is safe because Lufenuron is biochemically inert to mammals. Lufenuron is not broken down by the liver or kidneys. Lufenuron's antifungal property may be due to its inhibiting the synthesis of chitin, which makes up roughly 33% of the typical fungal cell wall.

Lufenuron was included in a biocide ban proposed by the Swedish Chemicals Agency because it is toxic to fresh water zooplankton [1] and approved by the European Parliament on January 13, 2009.[2]

thanks,barbara

I have just ordered the lufenuron for myself to see if itwill be helpful.Im also looking for a new place to live ( have a possibility Im looking at tonight) because I believe there is mold in this house which Im sure is not helping.

Ive ordered Lactbicillus CG which is the best probiotic for candida supposedly and have ordered oregano oil capsules.

Ive had candida infections for so long that Im hoping this regimen will work.You are supposed to take it over three days and its supposed to work for two or three weeks,So I will try it, see if it knocks it down and then do another course of it because I dont think any one dose of anything will get it knocked down.

Im also on the very strict part of the anti-candida diet right now and have lost a few pounds.I suspect that once the candida is lowered more weight will come off of me, which is necessary as Ive gained 35 pounds with having lyme and candida

jan

Re: : OT: Lefenuron update (was Stress of Aging Parents)

Posted by: " khaya.davidson "  khaya-davidson@... khaya.davidson

Date: Sun Mar 4, 2012 8:03 pm ((PST))

Hi , Do you find rife to be effective on candida?  And will you use rife to treat H.pylori?  Please keep us posted on this.  Thanks, Khaya

>

> Hi Khaya,

> I did a dose of the Lufenuron.  I am not sure if it eliminated the Candida or not.  I really need to do another dose, just to make sure.  I have done so many things to help the Candida issues that I don't know what was the most helpful.  I do seem to have an Hpylori flair up now, which might be caused by reducing the Candida load, but I don't know.

>

" Im not trying to counsel any of you to do anything

really special,except to dare to think, and to dare to go with the truth ,and to dare to love completely. " -R. Buckminster Fuller