RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Using prometrium vaginally

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sadie,Dr. Schwarzbein recommends a vaginal progesterone suppository in olive oil. She has it made at a compounding pharmacy and it is sent to me. It doesn't pass through the liver and protects the uterus without taking high dosages. Right now I take a 5mg suppository 2x/day, days 18-28. This month Iwas able to tolerate it for the whole 11 days without the normal side effects. It is not messy. Since I am still trying to get balanced I don't know where I will end up. I've decided to keep my uterus and keep taking progesterone until I get balanced. I hope I can keep tolerating it.Blessings,ShereeTo: rhythmicliving Sent: Wed, May 23, 2012 5:44:48 PMSubject: Re: Using prometrium vaginally

Thanks Sue. That's helpful info. It's great to hear you are doing fine on oral prometrium. I've always had a problem with progesterone . . . so am looking for a bio-identical alternative that is not cream or oral.

Sadie

> > > >

> > > > Sue, why are you using oral progesterone. Dr. S. is totally against this

> > > > because you have to take in sooo much to get any effect from it, and other

> > > > reasons.

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Sheree, I see you take 5mg of progesterone (vag.) in olive oil 2x a day.Is that enough for a period/ withdrawl bleed? I am pretty tired of trying new doses, and or new ways to take estrogen and progesterone.Ya get tired of being tired or for me it really bothers my gut!! . I have a little bit of IBS. I am on the .05mg vivelle dot all month and for several months its been a different kind of progesterone and dose. This month I took the sublingual troches 100mg ..blah... for 7 days and started a bleed.I didnt know what to do so I stopped the progesterone.why keep taking it? isnt

that the very thing that stops the flow? The period was

spotty to just light flow and dark...sorry. It lasted about 3 days.The month before that I was on estrogen cream 1mg/1cc and prometrium vaginally. I figured out how to get the 200mg capsule open and withdrew approx 10mg out and put it in a gelatin capsule. Really not practical but Im a registered nurse so I tried it for 8 days. I didnt get a period. Now I am going to stay on the vivelle dot but want progesterone that wont cause alot of side effects. I feel I should have a heaver bleed and for around 5 days. I want to be cleared out every month. MY doc here in Virginia will order whatever I wish. Do you have a withdrawl bleed? or know how much we need of the progesterone? She also said the .05mg vivelle dot is enough for a period..I dont know?Thanks, Caroline

Guest guest

Yikes! 100 mg vaginally for 12 days?! Dr. Vliet! I'm crying in my coffee!

These days I take a 100mg of Prometrium, bite off the end, blob it in my hand,

scoop up a wee bit (trying to make it 20mg), and then apply vaginally. The

unused portion gets tossed and then I wash my hands. Aren't you impressed with

my super high tech method? And yet.... it only takes a week for me to find

myself standing in the garden looking around with not a clue how to think about

where to move a plant. Last week I staggered around, unused shovel in hand

until I finally remembered I needed some E to counteract the loopy tunes P

effect. One week was enough. I'm not blowing out my insulin and leptin

receptors with endless P adventures.

As always, don't necessarily do what I do 'cause I'm not you.

Laurel

> Sadie:

>

> I was just listening to that Dr. Vliet radio show again, and she did say that

she recommends 100 mg. vaginally for 12 days a month everyone month or every

other month for her patients that can't tolerate it orally. She said the only

way the company that makes it will divulge that information is if a doctor

writes and asks them for it and she did do that years ago. When they went

through the FDA approval process it was for using it orally and so the FDA won't

let them give instructions for vaginal use. But the company did do studies on it

and it is effective that way. I don't think you can cut a 200 mg. capsule in

half (I think it's liquid inside? not sure about that), so you may have to get

the 100 mg. capsule prescribed.

>

> Sue

>

>

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Sue, why are you using oral progesterone. Dr. S. is totally against this

>>>>>> because you have to take in sooo much to get any effect from it, and

other

>>>>>> reasons.

>>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>

>>>

>>

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> click here for our webpage http://rhythmicliving.com/

>

> **The group conversation is informational in nature and is not intended as

medical advice.**

Guest guest

I haven't checked for a long time, but will update. I am cycling with vaginal BiEst cream and Progesterone, both compounded at Womens Internation Pharmacy. Went from WP's insane amt of hormone to current..10mb Bi Est, and 'just a smidge' (maybe 20 mg) of Progesterone. I attended a seminar with my Integrative Doc on hormones with Dr Jonathon (he 'invented' bioidenticals..very knowledgeable I recommend his book) who said vaginal is best for all the reasons mentioned on this site. During the 2 weeks when I apply Biest vaginally, I apply Pro. rectally. (easier done that said) so they don't compete. I know I did too much P if I feel a bit loopy and you'd be surprised how little it takes to create a bleed.I am trying to stop having a

bleed....I'm way tired of the inconvenience. I am taking a little less of both E2/E3 and P each month, and when I cut back too much my hot flashes and headaches let me know to adjust.I am 70 years old, so you can see why I'm ready to stop dealing with mood swings and tampons. I will say, however, that I think hormones have helped me stay young. I was recently told by an open-mouthed doc. (went to an orthopedic surgeon for bad knee) that they thought I was in my 30's or 40's and had to re-check my chart. I don't have the middle aged apple shape and can wear skinny jeans with the best of 'em.Anyone else had success with continuing the E/2 and P but stopping the bleed?jeanie To: rhythmicliving Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 10:26 AM Subject: Re: Re: Using prometrium vaginally

These days I take a 100mg of Prometrium, bite off the end, blob it in my hand, scoop up a wee bit (trying to make it 20mg), and then apply vaginally. The unused portion gets tossed and then I wash my hands. Aren't you impressed with my super high tech method? And yet.... it only takes a week for me to find myself standing in the garden looking around with not a clue how to think about where to move a plant. Last week I staggered around, unused shovel in hand until I finally remembered I needed some E to counteract the loopy tunes P effect. One week was enough. I'm not blowing out my insulin and leptin receptors with endless P adventures.

Laurel

> Sadie:

>

> I was just listening to that Dr. Vliet radio show again, and she did say that she recommends 100 mg. vaginally for 12 days a month everyone month or every other month for her patients that can't tolerate it orally. She said the only way the company that makes it will divulge that information is if a doctor writes and asks them for it and she did do that years ago. When they went through the FDA approval process it was for using it orally and so the FDA won't let them give instructions for vaginal use. But the company did do studies on it and it is effective that way. I don't think you can cut a 200 mg. capsule in half (I think it's liquid inside? not sure about that), so you may have to get the 100 mg. capsule prescribed.

>

> Sue

>

>

>>>>>>

>>>>>> because you have to take in sooo much to get any effect from it, and other

>>>>>> reasons.

>>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>

>>>

>>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> **The group conversation is informational in nature and is not intended as medical advice.**

Guest guest

My doc wanted me to stop cycling.  She cited some research that women on estrogen + daily progesterone had a much smaller incidence of uterine cancer.  Dr. Gillespie said the study was done poorly and she didn't believe it.  Anyway, my gyn wanted me to take 100 mg oral Prometrium/day, continuously.  At the end of the year, I had a stripe of 10.7 - too high.  Cycling the year before, my stripe was about 4.  Gyn then wanted me to get a progestin IUD.  Aside from it being $1,000, I worry about the constant progestin effect on blood sugar.  When I was on 100 mg/d, my blood sugar was getting up in the mid 120's.  I'm back to cycling and blood sugar is in the 80's.  If all is good in September, I will continue cycling. BTW, if you refrigerate Prometrium, it thickens a bit and you can cut it in half with a razor blade.  I've used an estriol vaginal applicator to get the P high enough up.  You can get 100 mg P suppositories from Master's Marketing with an RX.  Dr. G recommends they be cut in one-fourths. Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Seymour JeanI haven't checked for a long time, but will update. I am cycling with vaginal BiEst cream and Progesterone, both compounded at Womens Internation Pharmacy. Went from WP's insane amt of hormone to current..10mb Bi Est, and 'just a smidge' (maybe 20 mg) of Progesterone. I attended a seminar with my Integrative Doc on hormones with Dr Jonathon (he 'invented' bioidenticals..very knowledgeable I recommend his book) who said vaginal is best for all the reasons mentioned on this site. During the 2 weeks when I apply Biest vaginally, I apply Pro. rectally. (easier done that said) so they don't compete. I know I did too much P if I feel a bit loopy and you'd be surprised how little it takes to create a bleed. I am trying to stop having a bleed....I'm way tired of the inconvenience. I am taking a little less of both E2/E3 and P each month, and when I cut back too much my hot flashes and headaches let me know to adjust. I am 70 years old, so you can see why I'm ready to stop dealing with mood swings and tampons. I will say, however, that I think hormones have helped me stay young. I was recently told by an open-mouthed doc. (went to an orthopedic surgeon for bad knee) that they thought I was in my 30's or 40's and had to re-check my chart. I don't have the middle aged apple shape and can wear skinny jeans with the best of 'em. Anyone else had success with continuing the E/2 and P but stopping the bleed? jeanie

Guest guest

This is for Jeanie...I'm unclear how exactly you use the BiEst and Progesterone. Do you use the estrogen every day vaginally and what do you mean by 10mb? (The BiEst I saw online was for use on the inner arm or thigh.) What is your ratio of E2 to E3? When you take the Progesterone to induce a bleed do you take it on on Days 18 to 28? Thanks for clarifying. Chris

I haven't checked for a long time, but will update. I am cycling with vaginal BiEst cream and Progesterone, both compounded at Womens Internation Pharmacy. Went from WP's insane amt of hormone to current..10mb Bi Est, and 'just a smidge' (maybe 20 mg) of Progesterone. I attended a seminar with my Integrative Doc on hormones with Dr Jonathon (he 'invented' bioidenticals..very knowledgeable I recommend his book) who said vaginal is best for all the reasons mentioned on this site. During the 2 weeks when I apply Biest vaginally, I apply Pro. rectally. (easier done that said) so they don't compete. I know I did too much P if I feel a bit loopy and you'd be surprised how little it takes to create a bleed.I am trying to stop having a

bleed....I'm way tired of the inconvenience. I am taking a little less of both E2/E3 and P each month, and when I cut back too much my hot flashes and headaches let me know to adjust.I am 70 years old, so you can see why I'm ready to stop dealing with mood swings and tampons. I will say, however, that I think hormones have helped me stay young. I was recently told by an open-mouthed doc. (went to an orthopedic surgeon for bad knee) that they thought I was in my 30's or 40's and had to re-check my chart. I don't have the middle aged apple shape and can wear skinny jeans with the best of 'em.Anyone else had success with continuing the E/2 and P but stopping the bleed?jeanie To: rhythmicliving Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 10:26 AM Subject: Re: Re: Using prometrium vaginally

These days I take a 100mg of Prometrium, bite off the end, blob it in my hand, scoop up a wee bit (trying to make it 20mg), and then apply vaginally. The unused portion gets tossed and then I wash my hands. Aren't you impressed with my super high tech method? And yet.... it only takes a week for me to find myself standing in the garden looking around with not a clue how to think about where to move a plant. Last week I staggered around, unused shovel in hand until I finally remembered I needed some E to counteract the loopy tunes P effect. One week was enough. I'm not blowing out my insulin and leptin receptors with endless P adventures.

Laurel

> Sadie:

>

> I was just listening to that Dr. Vliet radio show again, and she did say that she recommends 100 mg. vaginally for 12 days a month everyone month or every other month for her patients that can't tolerate it orally. She said the only way the company that makes it will divulge that information is if a doctor writes and asks them for it and she did do that years ago. When they went through the FDA approval process it was for using it orally and so the FDA won't let them give instructions for vaginal use. But the company did do studies on it and it is effective that way. I don't think you can cut a 200 mg. capsule in half (I think it's liquid inside? not sure about that), so you may have to get the 100 mg. capsule prescribed.

>

> Sue

>

>

>>>>>>

>>>>>> because you have to take in sooo much to get any effect from it, and other

>>>>>> reasons.

>>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>

>>>

>>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> **The group conversation is informational in nature and is not intended as medical advice.**

Guest guest

10 mb was a type...meant 10mg. of BiEstI take estrogen vaginally every day, and progesterone the last 14 days. The ratio of E2/E3 is 1/4...I believe that is the standard ratio for BiEst.For transdermal hormone, usually inner thigh or arm is suggested. Vaginal is the most efficient and you don't need as much (Jonathon ) To:

rhythmicliving Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 7:01 PM Subject: Re: Re: Using prometrium vaginally

This is for Jeanie...I'm unclear how exactly you use the BiEst and Progesterone. Do you use the estrogen every day vaginally and what do you mean by 10mb? (The BiEst I saw online was for use on the inner arm or thigh.) What is your ratio of E2 to E3? When you take the Progesterone to induce a bleed do you take it on on Days 18 to 28? Thanks for clarifying. Chris

I haven't checked for a long time, but will update. I am cycling with vaginal BiEst cream and Progesterone, both compounded at Womens Internation Pharmacy. Went from WP's insane amt of hormone to current..10mb Bi Est, and 'just a smidge' (maybe 20 mg) of Progesterone. I attended a seminar with my Integrative Doc on hormones with Dr Jonathon (he 'invented' bioidenticals..very knowledgeable I recommend his book) who said vaginal is best for all the reasons mentioned on this site. During the 2 weeks when I apply Biest vaginally, I apply Pro. rectally. (easier done that said) so they don't compete. I know I did too much P if I feel a bit loopy

and you'd be surprised how little it takes to create a bleed.I am trying to stop having a

Laurel

> Sadie:

>

>

> Sue

>

>

>>>>>>

>>>>>> reasons.

>>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>

>>>

>>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thank you so much for the clarification.Sent from my iPhone

10 mb was a type...meant 10mg. of BiEstI take estrogen vaginally every day, and progesterone the last 14 days. The ratio of E2/E3 is 1/4...I believe that is the standard ratio for BiEst.For transdermal hormone, usually inner thigh or arm is suggested. Vaginal is the most efficient and you don't need as much (Jonathon ) To:

rhythmicliving Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 7:01 PM Subject: Re: Re: Using prometrium vaginally

I haven't checked for a long time, but will update. I am cycling with vaginal BiEst cream and Progesterone, both compounded at Womens Internation Pharmacy. Went from WP's insane amt of hormone to current..10mb Bi Est, and 'just a smidge' (maybe 20 mg) of Progesterone. I attended a seminar with my Integrative Doc on hormones with Dr Jonathon (he 'invented' bioidenticals..very knowledgeable I recommend his book) who said vaginal is best for all the reasons mentioned on this site. During the 2 weeks when I apply Biest vaginally, I apply Pro. rectally. (easier done that said) so they don't compete. I know I did too much P if I feel a bit loopy

and you'd be surprised how little it takes to create a bleed.I am trying to stop having a

Laurel

> Sadie:

>

>

> Sue

>

>

>>>>>>

>>>>>> reasons.

>>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>

>>>

>>

>

>

>

>

>

>