RemedySpot.com

Re: Updox and AC

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think the Updox folks are in a growth spurt and having some pains and glitches. But, they do offer a great service that seems to be getting better- particularly with AC. I am trying out their scheduler and just yesterday had Tobin and on the phone and connected to my PC figuring out what was wrong. At this point I'm still learning the scheduler and have some questions so cannot recommend it yet. And I don't think they have a full 'manual' for it yet. In the past, I've been a fan of Paperport

and have had my incoming landline fax send directly to a paperport folder. But, newer paperport versions are slower and the annotation function is not quite as good as Updox's annotation. With Updox- direct import to AC, ability to import AND email the patient in one fell swoop is priceless. I have not yet instituted the portal function but am planning to do so. I think its worth persevering. I've not had an problems with connectivity or really any glitches at all with basic function of Updox and AC. Their fax service is reliable. When faxing out of Updox, you have the file saved in the sent folder for

up to 6 months- nice to be able to send again or print for some other reason when needed. Looks like you can have unlimited incoming faxes for $25 extra per month.You can save that extra cost if your fax will send pdfs to your PC ( I have a Brother that does), then Updox allows you to upload to Updox from that PC folder- which eliminates the incoming fax count against your account if you don't have unlimited faxes. Updox also allows you to print with one click to reach your print dialog box and that then allows you to circumvent the outgoing fax count if you can print to fax on your machine.Updox signs BAAs- unlike a cloud based fax service- again, possibly priceless?Carla To: Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:04 PM Subject: Updox and AC

Well, I wonder if anyone can help me with the secret of Updox, I am trying to connect to Updox but it won’t connect to AC. I have called and emailed the 3 times to help me set up. I did get an email response the first time saying they were busy…which they probably are. I am at week one of the free 2 week trial, and if it doesn’t work, I guess I can use another service. We need a service to manage the +4,000 faxes we get monthly. It’s embarrassing the paper we waste for a “paperless†office. We had to get a shredding service to come monthly. T. Ellsworth, MDFamily Medicine of sdale9377 E. Bell Rd, Suite 175sdale, AZ 85260

Carla, thanks for your advice. I just need to go home, and start again Monday, and see if it can get fixed. I want to do all those things! Have a great week-end From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Carla GibsonSent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:27 PMTo: Subject: Re: Updox and AC I think the Updox folks are in a growth spurt and having some pains and glitches. But, they do offer a great service that seems to be getting better- particularly with AC. I am trying out their scheduler and just yesterday had Tobin and on the phone and connected to my PC figuring out what was wrong. At this point I'm still learning the scheduler and have some questions so cannot recommend it yet. And I don't think they have a full 'manual' for it yet. In the past, I've been a fan of Paperport and have had my incoming landline fax send directly to a paperport folder. But, newer paperport versions are slower and the annotation function is not quite as good as Updox's annotation. With Updox- direct import to AC, ability to import AND email the patient in one fell swoop is priceless. I have not yet instituted the portal function but am planning to do so. I think its worth persevering. I've not had an problems with connectivity or really any glitches at all with basic function of Updox and AC. Their fax service is reliable. When faxing out of Updox, you have the file saved in the sent folder for up to 6 months- nice to be able to send again or print for some other reason when needed. Looks like you can have unlimited incoming faxes for $25 extra per month. You can save that extra cost if your fax will send pdfs to your PC ( I have a Brother that does), then Updox allows you to upload to Updox from that PC folder- which eliminates the incoming fax count against your account if you don't have unlimited faxes. Updox also allows you to print with one click to reach your print dialog box and that then allows you to circumvent the outgoing fax count if you can print to fax on your machine. Updox signs BAAs- unlike a cloud based fax service- again, possibly priceless? Carla To: Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:04 PMSubject: Updox and AC Well, I wonder if anyone can help me with the secret of Updox, I am trying to connect to Updox but it won’t connect to AC. I have called and emailed the 3 times to help me set up. I did get an email response the first time saying they were busy…which they probably are. I am at week one of the free 2 week trial, and if it doesn’t work, I guess I can use another service. We need a service to manage the +4,000 faxes we get monthly. It’s embarrassing the paper we waste for a “paperless†office. We had to get a shredding service to come monthly. T. Ellsworth, MDFamily Medicine of sdale9377 E. Bell Rd, Suite 175sdale, AZ 85260

Dear Embarrassed  I was working with Updox a few weeks ago- we were trying  to  invent here an interoperablity across cities and EMRs becasue you can print to  updox then annotate the documents..etc...  ..someone in Oregon has  done this..

and  after the first contact I get no answers either... It  would  be delightful to have faxes   go to my emr wowbut  though I presume you will  get this  to work  an alternative isn't it is efaxing ?You  could  save 40000 sheets of paper.

Of course you could move to MAine and  burn them to keep warm...You will have to link the fax to the emr  well maybe--  you could just file it and note something brief in the  emr.  e faxing through ringcentral  and prob my fax or others, is 8 or 9.00 a month and much lighter to lift than all those boxes of paper... YOu can fax out and  fax in; you can do ti from their  site whiciis hippa secure and  trough email whichi ok isn;t but you can still fax out through email   So then like when  you a re home with your feet up and you get a fax on your day  off  all you need is to open one  eye and look at your emil on the smart phoneand and if the fax is not crucial you can go back to napping..

good luckJean

Well, I wonder if anyone can help me with the secret of Updox, I am trying to connect  to Updox but it won’t connect to AC. I have called and emailed the 3 times to help me set up. I did get an email response the first time saying they were busy…which they probably are.  I am at week one of the free 2 week trial, and if it doesn’t work, I guess I can use another service.

We need a service to manage the +4,000 faxes we get monthly. It’s embarrassing the paper we waste for a “paperless” office. We had to get a shredding service to come monthly.

T. Ellsworth, MDFamily Medicine of sdale

9377 E. Bell Rd, Suite 175sdale, AZ 85260

--      MD          ph    fax

I'm currently considering Athena Health, whose practice management cloud-based EHR apparently includes automated fax document management, where faxed documents are automatically routed into the appropriate chart. Does anyone have experience with Athena Health?Frederick Elliott MDBuffalo, NY

Dear Embarrassed I was working with Updox a few weeks ago- we were trying to invent here an interoperablity across cities and EMRs becasue you can print to updox then annotate the documents..etc... ..someone in Oregon has done this..

and after the first contact I get no answers either... It would be delightful to have faxes go to my emr wowbut though I presume you will get this to work an alternative isn't it is efaxing ?You could save 40000 sheets of paper.

Of course you could move to MAine and burn them to keep warm...You will have to link the fax to the emr well maybe-- you could just file it and note something brief in the emr. e faxing through ringcentral and prob my fax or others, is 8 or 9.00 a month and much lighter to lift than all those boxes of paper... YOu can fax out and fax in; you can do ti from their site whiciis hippa secure and trough email whichi ok isn;t but you can still fax out through email So then like when you a re home with your feet up and you get a fax on your day off all you need is to open one eye and look at your emil on the smart phoneand and if the fax is not crucial you can go back to napping..

good luckJean

Well, I wonder if anyone can help me with the secret of Updox, I am trying to connect to Updox but it won’t connect to AC. I have called and emailed the 3 times to help me set up. I did get an email response the first time saying they were busy…which they probably are. I am at week one of the free 2 week trial, and if it doesn’t work, I guess I can use another service.

We need a service to manage the +4,000 faxes we get monthly. It’s embarrassing the paper we waste for a “paperless†office. We had to get a shredding service to come monthly.

-- MD ph fax

I would ask a few more questions about the feature where faxes are automatically routed to a patient’s chart.  More likely faxes come into a fax inbox where after reading them you click to redirect or file into a selected chart.  Call it paperless, call it efficient (by fax standards) but double check before you buy off on automatic.  My EMR directs all incoming faxes to a general inbox my staff reads and then distributes to individual inboxes as needed.  Being able to easily redirect a fax or file it with a click or two is nice. A document smart enough to land in the right chart would be nice and probably coming but to my knowledge not within the technical capabilities of faxes. Neighbors, MDHuntsville, Alabama Solo using FlexMedical EMR/Billing since 2/2009 From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Frederick ElliottSent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 8:38 PMTo: Subject: Re: Updox and AC I'm currently considering Athena Health, whose practice management cloud-based EHR apparently includes automated fax document management, where faxed documents are automatically routed into the appropriate chart. Does anyone have experience with Athena Health?Frederick Elliott MDBuffalo, NY Dear Embarrassed I was working with Updox a few weeks ago- we were trying to invent here an interoperablity across cities and EMRs becasue you can print to updox then annotate the documents..etc... ..someone in Oregon has done this.. and after the first contact I get no answers either... It would be delightful to have faxes go to my emr wowbut though I presume you will get this to work an alternative isn't it is efaxing ?You could save 40000 sheets of paper.Of course you could move to MAine and burn them to keep warm...You will have to link the fax to the emr well maybe-- you could just file it and note something brief in the emr. e faxing through ringcentral and prob my fax or others, is 8 or 9.00 a month and much lighter to lift than all those boxes of paper... YOu can fax out and fax in; you can do ti from their site whiciis hippa secure and trough email whichi ok isn;t but you can still fax out through email So then like when you a re home with your feet up and you get a fax on your day off all you need is to open one eye and look at your emil on the smart phoneand and if the fax is not crucial you can go back to napping.. good luck Well, I wonder if anyone can help me with the secret of Updox, I am trying to connect to Updox but it won’t connect to AC. I have called and emailed the 3 times to help me set up. I did get an email response the first time saying they were busy…which they probably are. I am at week one of the free 2 week trial, and if it doesn’t work, I guess I can use another service. We need a service to manage the +4,000 faxes we get monthly. It’s embarrassing the paper we waste for a “paperless†office. We had to get a shredding service to come monthly. T. Ellsworth, MDFamily Medicine of sdale9377 E. Bell Rd, Suite 175sdale, AZ 85260-- MD ph fax

I'm training w Athena now. Will go live Sept 19 after Vac. Support is excellent. They wallk yu thru everything step by step. They set up billing, insurances, etc. Very robust system. Two other practices using it I know-- one for a yr, the other for three months-- both love it. 2 d practice dropped another system that kept them in Offc till 11 pm. Now they're done at 6. So far so good. We've loaded all demographics in and all ok so far. They make their money by charging for billing and w that comes full support. 2% less than what I was paying. I really liked AC but wanted an integrated system. So I went w Athena. I strugglSent from my iPhone

I'm currently considering Athena Health, whose practice management cloud-based EHR apparently includes automated fax document management, where faxed documents are automatically routed into the appropriate chart. Does anyone have experience with Athena Health?Frederick Elliott MDBuffalo, NY

Dear Embarrassed I was working with Updox a few weeks ago- we were trying to invent here an interoperablity across cities and EMRs becasue you can print to updox then annotate the documents..etc... ..someone in Oregon has done this..

and after the first contact I get no answers either... It would be delightful to have faxes go to my emr wowbut though I presume you will get this to work an alternative isn't it is efaxing ?You could save 40000 sheets of paper.

Of course you could move to MAine and burn them to keep warm...You will have to link the fax to the emr well maybe-- you could just file it and note something brief in the emr. e faxing through ringcentral and prob my fax or others, is 8 or 9.00 a month and much lighter to lift than all those boxes of paper... YOu can fax out and fax in; you can do ti from their site whiciis hippa secure and trough email whichi ok isn;t but you can still fax out through email So then like when you a re home with your feet up and you get a fax on your day off all you need is to open one eye and look at your emil on the smart phoneand and if the fax is not crucial you can go back to napping..

good luckJean

Well, I wonder if anyone can help me with the secret of Updox, I am trying to connect to Updox but it won’t connect to AC. I have called and emailed the 3 times to help me set up. I did get an email response the first time saying they were busy…which they probably are. I am at week one of the free 2 week trial, and if it doesn’t work, I guess I can use another service.

We need a service to manage the +4,000 faxes we get monthly. It’s embarrassing the paper we waste for a “paperless†office. We had to get a shredding service to come monthly.

-- MD ph fax

Everything is routed to pt charts-labs, faxes, etc. We are scanning in all our old charts as PDFs. They will bevattachedto charts also. My handwritten notes are 2- sided so will go into separate PDF. Easier to access if need be.Sent from my iPhone

good luckJean

-- MD ph fax

Yes---faxes go to inbox w Athena so yu know to look at them before going to chart. Otherwise you'd never know about them. Sent from my iPhone

I would ask a few more questions about the feature where faxes are automatically routed to a patient’s chart. More likely faxes come into a fax inbox where after reading them you click to redirect or file into a selected chart. Call it paperless, call it efficient (by fax standards) but double check before you buy off on automatic. My EMR directs all incoming faxes to a general inbox my staff reads and then distributes to individual inboxes as needed. Being able to easily redirect a fax or file it with a click or two is nice. A document smart enough to land in the right chart would be nice and probably coming but to my knowledge not within the technical capabilities of faxes. Neighbors, MDHuntsville, Alabama Solo using FlexMedical EMR/Billing since 2/2009 From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Frederick ElliottSent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 8:38 PMTo: Subject: Re: Updox and AC I'm currently considering Athena Health, whose practice management cloud-based EHR apparently includes automated fax document management, where faxed documents are automatically routed into the appropriate chart. Does anyone have experience with Athena Health?Frederick Elliott MDBuffalo, NY Dear Embarrassed I was working with Updox a few weeks ago- we were trying to invent here an interoperablity across cities and EMRs becasue you can print to updox then annotate the documents..etc... ..someone in Oregon has done this.. and after the first contact I get no answers either... It would be delightful to have faxes go to my emr wowbut though I presume you will get this to work an alternative isn't it is efaxing ?You could save 40000 sheets of paper.Of course you could move to MAine and burn them to keep warm...You will have to link the fax to the emr well maybe-- you could just file it and note something brief in the emr. e faxing through ringcentral and prob my fax or others, is 8 or 9.00 a month and much lighter to lift than all those boxes of paper... YOu can fax out and fax in; you can do ti from their site whiciis hippa secure and trough email whichi ok isn;t but you can still fax out through email So then like when you a re home with your feet up and you get a fax on your day off all you need is to open one eye and look at your emil on the smart phoneand and if the fax is not crucial you can go back to napping.. good luck Well, I wonder if anyone can help me with the secret of Updox, I am trying to connect to Updox but it won’t connect to AC. I have called and emailed the 3 times to help me set up. I did get an email response the first time saying they were busy…which they probably are. I am at week one of the free 2 week trial, and if it doesn’t work, I guess I can use another service. We need a service to manage the +4,000 faxes we get monthly. It’s embarrassing the paper we waste for a “paperless†office. We had to get a shredding service to come monthly. T. Ellsworth, MDFamily Medicine of sdale9377 E. Bell Rd, Suite 175sdale, AZ 85260-- MD ph fax

The reason I chose Athena over AC is because I am way too busy and totally not interested in making all these separate systems like Updox and portals work together. Athena has it all. And I can print out a visit summary for pts without the portal so can do MU. Athena guarantees I'll meet MU or they will pay me.Sent from my iPhone

good luckJean

-- MD ph fax

Data in PDFs does not go into chart as discrete data. So yu cannot pull reports on pts, ie to see if all yur diabetics are up to date on labs. I want to be able to run reports and see how I am doing w pts. Need an integrated system to do that from what I can see. Others are more IT savvy than me I'm sure. I don't have the time or inclination to figure out how to do all I want without an integrated system. So I made my decision. I've been an IMP since 2002. If I were starting out from Day 1, I might go w OA.Sent from my iPhone

I think the Updox folks are in a growth spurt and having some pains and glitches. But, they do offer a great service that seems to be getting better- particularly with AC. I am trying out their scheduler and just yesterday had Tobin and on the phone and connected to my PC figuring out what was wrong. At this point I'm still learning the scheduler and have some questions so cannot recommend it yet. And I don't think they have a full 'manual' for it yet. In the past, I've been a fan of Paperport

and have had my incoming landline fax send directly to a paperport folder. But, newer paperport versions are slower and the annotation function is not quite as good as Updox's annotation. With Updox- direct import to AC, ability to import AND email the patient in one fell swoop is priceless. I have not yet instituted the portal function but am planning to do so. I think its worth persevering. I've not had an problems with connectivity or really any glitches at all with basic function of Updox and AC. Their fax service is reliable. When faxing out of Updox, you have the file saved in the sent folder for

up to 6 months- nice to be able to send again or print for some other reason when needed. Looks like you can have unlimited incoming faxes for $25 extra per month.You can save that extra cost if your fax will send pdfs to your PC ( I have a Brother that does), then Updox allows you to upload to Updox from that PC folder- which eliminates the incoming fax count against your account if you don't have unlimited faxes. Updox also allows you to print with one click to reach your print dialog box and that then allows you to circumvent the outgoing fax count if you can print to fax on your machine.Updox signs BAAs- unlike a cloud based fax service- again, possibly priceless?Carla To: Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:04 PM Subject: Updox and AC

Well, I wonder if anyone can help me with the secret of Updox, I am trying to connect to Updox but it won’t connect to AC. I have called and emailed the 3 times to help me set up. I did get an email response the first time saying they were busy…which they probably are. I am at week one of the free 2 week trial, and if it doesn’t work, I guess I can use another service. We need a service to manage the +4,000 faxes we get monthly. It’s embarrassing the paper we waste for a “paperless†office. We had to get a shredding service to come monthly. T. Ellsworth, MDFamily Medicine of sdale9377 E. Bell Rd, Suite 175sdale, AZ 85260

Carla, Love the idea to print to fax to avoid count- just trying to think how we would do-- non eRx need to sign first, consultation letters would work, other forms need to fill out first...Curious where and when you do this and if worth our setting up to do? Weakland, MDBallard Neighborhood Doctors5416 Ave NWSeattle, WA 98107Phone: Fax:

I think many services do this stuff you " print " to  fax ,and  use ringcentral- whicih I only mention becasue I use it.there are many   you can add a signature UP dox is a great thing, less user friendly if you ar e not techno-good , I think, as one  who  can get nada from their website   -only IMPS explain it to me,

Certain documents templated in my emr ( the CT orders whicih  can  not be only an order but  needs  med and allergy list etc )re supposed to  HAVE a signture  built into them- I have  found this gets buggy but   so you print to fax   and   add a sig and then  fax,   out from the emr  or yo u get a fax  from someone and annotate it " yes thanks INr good no changes  re test 1 week " add a sig and fax back out and save it

The trouble is that in ANY of these- except maybe athena but I am not sure  how it works,   if you get a fax from the nursing home with Carla GIbson's INR of 2.2  you have to  get that into the lab section of the emr yes?

NONE of these thing s is integrated entirely, none read the fax ,!And none of you have integrated  notes from the specialist- unless you and they  are employed by the same place,   we are spending eons of time doing all  this even if we are fast and have created highly efficient systems IF you are employed  and the neurologist can see your note and the labs  then that makes life easier if they look ,and, can call your attention to loo when they have seen the patient

Who has that?KAiser. None of us wants to be on a  hamster wheel. Will MU bring it MU stage 2 looks painfulAnd yet  still you get faxes  like  the NH-- are outside the system some consultants are ANd i f you go for athena say ,well you need the  INternet what happens when you do not have it?

still lots of bumps despite e-mds being great and the AC updox IMH pappal EZclaims systems being  really great,  it al l  still takes more time playing with the system than it should worse  becasue  i wish  I oculd  type faster  everything would go better!

Carla, Love the idea to print to fax to avoid count- just trying to think how we would do-- non eRx need to sign first, consultation letters would work, other forms need to fill out first...

Curious where and when you do this and if worth our setting up to do? Weakland, MDBallard Neighborhood Doctors5416 Ave NWSeattle, WA 98107

Phone: Fax:

I think the Updox folks are in a growth spurt and having some pains and glitches. But, they do offer a great service that seems to be getting better- particularly with AC.  I am trying out their scheduler and just yesterday had Tobin and on the phone and connected to my PC figuring out what was wrong. At this point I'm still learning the scheduler and have some questions so cannot recommend it yet. And I don't think they have a full 'manual' for it yet.

In the past, I've been a fan of Paperport

and have had my incoming landline fax send directly to a paperport folder. But, newer paperport versions are slower and the annotation function is not quite as good as Updox's annotation. With Updox- direct import to AC, ability to import AND email the patient in one fell swoop is priceless. I have not yet instituted the portal function but am planning to do so.   I think its worth persevering. 

I've not had an problems with connectivity or really any glitches at all with basic function of Updox and AC. Their fax service is reliable.  When faxing out of Updox, you have the file saved in the sent folder for

up to 6 months- nice to be able to send again or print for some other reason when needed.  Looks like you can have unlimited incoming faxes for $25 extra per month.

You can save that extra cost if your fax will send pdfs to your PC ( I have a Brother that does), then Updox allows you to upload to Updox from that PC folder- which eliminates the incoming fax count against your account if you don't have unlimited faxes.  Updox also allows you to print with one click to reach your print dialog box and that then allows you to circumvent the outgoing fax count if you can print to fax on your machine.

Updox signs BAAs- unlike a cloud based fax service- again, possibly priceless?

Carla

To: Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:04 PM

Subject: Updox and AC

Well, I wonder if anyone can help me with the secret of Updox, I am trying to connect  to Updox but it won’t connect to AC. I have called and emailed the 3 times to help me set up. I did get an email response the first time saying they were busy…which they probably are.  I am at week one of the free 2 week trial, and if it doesn’t work, I guess I can use another service.

We need a service to manage the +4,000 faxes we get monthly. It’s embarrassing the paper we waste for a “paperless” office. We had to get a shredding service to come monthly.

T. Ellsworth, MD

Family Medicine of sdale9377 E. Bell Rd, Suite 175sdale, AZ 85260

,From how I understand your question, you need a program to manage your faxes (ie. stamp a signature, type on them online, etc.).  If you don't have this, your life will change when you do (at least mine did!).   Some examples:

cutePDFpaperport

updoxI'm sure there are others.  I use Mac and PC and use cutePDF.  Can combine multiple PDF's into one document or separate or whatever you need to do.  Definitely handy.

If I'm not understanding, can you explain your question more?

Thanks,

SharonSharon McCoy MDRenaissance Family Medicine

10 McClintock Court; Irvine, CA  92617PH: (949)387-5504   Fax: (949)281-2197  Toll free phone/fax:  www.SharonMD.com

I think many services do this stuff you " print " to  fax ,and  use ringcentral- whicih I only mention becasue I use it.there are many   you can add a signature UP dox is a great thing, less user friendly if you ar e not techno-good , I think, as one  who  can get nada from their website   -only IMPS explain it to me,

Certain documents templated in my emr ( the CT orders whicih  can  not be only an order but  needs  med and allergy list etc )re supposed to  HAVE a signture  built into them- I have  found this gets buggy but   so you print to fax   and   add a sig and then  fax,   out from the emr  or yo u get a fax  from someone and annotate it " yes thanks INr good no changes  re test 1 week " add a sig and fax back out and save it

The trouble is that in ANY of these- except maybe athena but I am not sure  how it works,   if you get a fax from the nursing home with Carla GIbson's INR of 2.2  you have to  get that into the lab section of the emr yes?

NONE of these thing s is integrated entirely, none read the fax ,!And none of you have integrated  notes from the specialist- unless you and they  are employed by the same place,   we are spending eons of time doing all  this even if we are fast and have created highly efficient systems IF you are employed  and the neurologist can see your note and the labs  then that makes life easier if they look ,and, can call your attention to loo when they have seen the patient

Who has that?KAiser. None of us wants to be on a  hamster wheel. Will MU bring it MU stage 2 looks painfulAnd yet  still you get faxes  like  the NH-- are outside the system some consultants are ANd i f you go for athena say ,well you need the  INternet what happens when you do not have it?

still lots of bumps despite e-mds being great and the AC updox IMH pappal EZclaims systems being  really great,  it al l  still takes more time playing with the system than it should worse  becasue  i wish  I oculd  type faster  everything would go better!

Carla, Love the idea to print to fax to avoid count- just trying to think how we would do-- non eRx need to sign first, consultation letters would work, other forms need to fill out first...

Curious where and when you do this and if worth our setting up to do? Weakland, MDBallard Neighborhood Doctors5416 Ave NWSeattle, WA 98107

I think the Updox folks are in a growth spurt and having some pains and glitches. But, they do offer a great service that seems to be getting better- particularly with AC.  I am trying out their scheduler and just yesterday had Tobin and on the phone and connected to my PC figuring out what was wrong. At this point I'm still learning the scheduler and have some questions so cannot recommend it yet. And I don't think they have a full 'manual' for it yet.

and have had my incoming landline fax send directly to a paperport folder. But, newer paperport versions are slower and the annotation function is not quite as good as Updox's annotation. With Updox- direct import to AC, ability to import AND email the patient in one fell swoop is priceless. I have not yet instituted the portal function but am planning to do so.   I think its worth persevering. 

I've not had an problems with connectivity or really any glitches at all with basic function of Updox and AC. Their fax service is reliable.  When faxing out of Updox, you have the file saved in the sent folder for

up to 6 months- nice to be able to send again or print for some other reason when needed.  Looks like you can have unlimited incoming faxes for $25 extra per month.

You can save that extra cost if your fax will send pdfs to your PC ( I have a Brother that does), then Updox allows you to upload to Updox from that PC folder- which eliminates the incoming fax count against your account if you don't have unlimited faxes.  Updox also allows you to print with one click to reach your print dialog box and that then allows you to circumvent the outgoing fax count if you can print to fax on your machine.

Carla

T. Ellsworth, MD

Sorry, think I moved to fast. My query was directly to Carla's point with UpDox and printing directly to fax to avoid out going fax count. We do use UpDox and love it (mostly). I was just trying to understand how to avoid some of the charges for fax numbers as we are high above the base fax numbers (I think). Weakland, MDBallard Neighborhood Doctors5416 Ave NWSeattle, WA 98107Phone: Fax:

,From how I understand your question, you need a program to manage your faxes (ie. stamp a signature, type on them online, etc.). If you don't have this, your life will change when you do (at least mine did!). Some examples:

cutePDFpaperport

updoxI'm sure there are others. I use Mac and PC and use cutePDF. Can combine multiple PDF's into one document or separate or whatever you need to do. Definitely handy.

If I'm not understanding, can you explain your question more?

Thanks,

SharonSharon McCoy MDRenaissance Family Medicine

10 McClintock Court; Irvine, CA 92617PH: (949)387-5504 Fax: (949)281-2197 Toll free phone/fax: www.SharonMD.com

I think many services do this stuff you" print" to fax ,and use ringcentral- whicih I only mention becasue I use it.there are many you can add a signature UP dox is a great thing, less user friendly if you ar e not techno-good , I think, as one who can get nada from their website -only IMPS explain it to me,

Certain documents templated in my emr ( the CT orders whicih can not be only an order but needs med and allergy list etc )re supposed to HAVE a signture built into them- I have found this gets buggy but so you print to fax and add a sig and then fax, out from the emr or yo u get a fax from someone and annotate it "yes thanks INr good no changes re test 1 week "add a sig and fax back out and save it

The trouble is that in ANY of these- except maybe athena but I am not sure how it works, if you get a fax from the nursing home with Carla GIbson's INR of 2.2 you have to get that into the lab section of the emr yes?

NONE of these thing s is integrated entirely, none read the fax ,!And none of you have integrated notes from the specialist- unless you and they are employed by the same place, we are spending eons of time doing all this even if we are fast and have created highly efficient systems IF you are employed and the neurologist can see your note and the labs then that makes life easier if they look ,and, can call your attention to loo when they have seen the patient

Who has that?KAiser. None of us wants to be on a hamster wheel. Will MU bring it MU stage 2 looks painfulAnd yet still you get faxes like the NH-- are outside the system some consultants are ANd i f you go for athena say ,well you need the INternet what happens when you do not have it?

still lots of bumps despite e-mds being great and the AC updox IMH pappal EZclaims systems being really great, it al l still takes more time playing with the system than it should worse becasue i wish I oculd type faster everything would go better!

Carla, Love the idea to print to fax to avoid count- just trying to think how we would do-- non eRx need to sign first, consultation letters would work, other forms need to fill out first...

I think the Updox folks are in a growth spurt and having some pains and glitches. But, they do offer a great service that seems to be getting better- particularly with AC. I am trying out their scheduler and just yesterday had Tobin and on the phone and connected to my PC figuring out what was wrong. At this point I'm still learning the scheduler and have some questions so cannot recommend it yet. And I don't think they have a full 'manual' for it yet.

and have had my incoming landline fax send directly to a paperport folder. But, newer paperport versions are slower and the annotation function is not quite as good as Updox's annotation. With Updox- direct import to AC, ability to import AND email the patient in one fell swoop is priceless. I have not yet instituted the portal function but am planning to do so. I think its worth persevering.

I've not had an problems with connectivity or really any glitches at all with basic function of Updox and AC. Their fax service is reliable. When faxing out of Updox, you have the file saved in the sent folder for

up to 6 months- nice to be able to send again or print for some other reason when needed. Looks like you can have unlimited incoming faxes for $25 extra per month.

You can save that extra cost if your fax will send pdfs to your PC ( I have a Brother that does), then Updox allows you to upload to Updox from that PC folder- which eliminates the incoming fax count against your account if you don't have unlimited faxes. Updox also allows you to print with one click to reach your print dialog box and that then allows you to circumvent the outgoing fax count if you can print to fax on your machine.

Carla

T. Ellsworth, MD

-- MD ph fax

Reply to sender |

Reply to group |

Reply via web post |

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic

(14)

Recent Activity:

New Members

Going live with Athena on monday, will let the group know how it goes. Have had 3 months of training for the cross over, portal training starts next wk. Feel like it is a very good solution, not free, but will save me in the long run. Have been with AC almost 9 year, never did get UPDox to work at the beginning, and have used another ASP for billing/scheduling. Happy to have a all in one solution, but misty eyed on Thursday after realizing my last time working with AC.

CCote

Maple Valley, WA

To: Cc: Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2012 10:01:09 AMSubject: Re: Updox and AC

I'm training w Athena now. Will go live Sept 19 after Vac. Support is excellent. They wallk yu thru everything step by step. They set up billing, insurances, etc. Very robust system. Two other practices using it I know-- one for a yr, the other for three months-- both love it. 2 d practice dropped another system that kept them in Offc till 11 pm. Now they're done at 6. So far so good. We've loaded all demographics in and all ok so far. They make their money by charging for billing and w that comes full support. 2% less than what I was paying. I really liked AC but wanted an integrated system. So

I went w Athena. I strugglSent from my iPhone

I'm currently considering Athena Health, whose practice management cloud-based EHR apparently includes automated fax document management, where faxed documents are automatically routed into the appropriate chart.

Does anyone have experience with Athena Health?

Frederick Elliott MD Buffalo, NY

Dear Embarrassed I was working with Updox a few weeks ago- we were trying to invent here an interoperablity across cities and EMRs becasue you can print to updox then annotate the documents..etc... ..someone in Oregon has done this.. and after the first contact I get no answers either... It would be delightful to have faxes go to my emr wowbut though I presume you will get this to work an alternative isn't it is efaxing ?You could save 40000 sheets of paper.Of course you could move to MAine and burn them to keep warm...You will have to link the fax to the emr well maybe-- you could just file it and note something brief in the emr. e faxing through ringcentral and prob my fax or others, is 8 or 9.00 a month and much lighter to lift than all those boxes of paper... YOu can fax out and fax in; you can do ti from their site whiciis hippa secure and trough email whichi ok isn;t but you can still fax out through email So then like when you a re home with your feet up and you get a fax on your day off all you need is to open one eye and look at your emil on the smart phoneand and if the fax is not crucial you can go back to napping.. good luckJean

T. Ellsworth, MD

Family Medicine of sdale

9377 E. Bell Rd, Suite 175

sdale, AZ 85260

-- MD ph fax

,I currently use Updox mostly- my Brother multifunction printer has a setting that will send all incoming faxes to a file on the PC. That file is linked to Updox which imports each pdf into Updox as they come in. Updox then allows me to annotate and to sign. I have a tablet pen attached to my PC. From there I can either print back from Updox through the printer/fax or send a fax from Updox.Prior to Updox, my Brother printer was set to send all incoming faxes to a PaperPort folder where I could essentially do the same thing. But, with Windows 7, I had to go up to Version 11 of Paperport and it is NOT as fast or as good as previous versions. RingCentral is another option. I also like Metrofax but they don't allow annotation- would need another option such as a paid version of adobe or other free/low

cost pdf manager. To: " " < > Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2012 11:46 AM Subject: Re: Updox and AC

Carla, Love the idea to print to fax to avoid count- just trying to think how we would do-- non eRx need to sign first, consultation letters would work, other forms need to fill out first...Curious where and when you do this and if worth our setting up to do? Weakland, MDBallard Neighborhood Doctors5416 Ave NWSeattle, WA 98107Phone: Fax:

and just a question re: AthenaHealth and faxes- do they rely on a real person to route the faxes to the correct place? I wonder about delays and mis-directions. Probably no worse than the glitches of technology. To: Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2012 12:12 PM Subject: Re: Updox

and AC

I think many services do this stuff you" print" to fax ,and use ringcentral- whicih I only mention becasue I use it.there are many you can add a signature UP dox is a great thing, less user friendly if you ar e not techno-good , I think, as one who can get nada from their website -only IMPS explain it to me,

Certain documents templated in my emr ( the CT orders whicih can not be only an order but needs med and allergy list etc )re supposed to HAVE a signture built into them- I have found this gets buggy but so you print to fax and add a sig and then fax, out from the emr or yo u get a fax from someone and annotate it "yes thanks INr good no changes re test 1 week "add a sig and fax back out and save it

The trouble is that in ANY of these- except maybe athena but I am not sure how it works, if you get a fax from the nursing home with Carla GIbson's INR of 2.2 you have to get that into the lab section of the emr yes?

NONE of these thing s is integrated entirely, none read the fax ,!And none of you have integrated notes from the specialist- unless you and they are employed by the same place, we are spending eons of time doing all this even if we are fast and have created highly efficient systems IF you are employed and the neurologist can see your note and the labs then that makes life easier if they look ,and, can call your attention to loo when they have seen the patient

Who has that?KAiser. None of us wants to be on a hamster wheel. Will MU bring it MU stage 2 looks painfulAnd yet still you get faxes like the NH-- are outside the system some consultants are ANd i f you go for athena say ,well you need the INternet what happens when you do not have it?

still lots of bumps despite e-mds being great and the AC updox IMH pappal EZclaims systems being really great, it al l still takes more time playing with the system than it should worse becasue i wish I oculd type faster everything would go better!

Carla, Love the idea to print to fax to avoid count- just trying to think how we would do-- non eRx need to sign first, consultation letters would work, other forms need to fill out first...

I think the Updox folks are in a growth spurt and having some pains and glitches. But, they do offer a great service that seems to be getting better- particularly with AC. I am trying out their scheduler and just yesterday had Tobin and on the phone and connected to my PC figuring out what was wrong. At this point I'm still learning the scheduler and have some questions so cannot recommend it yet. And I don't think they have a full 'manual' for it yet.

and have had my incoming landline fax send directly to a paperport folder. But, newer paperport versions are slower and the annotation function is not quite as good as Updox's annotation. With Updox- direct import to AC, ability to import AND email the patient in one fell swoop is priceless. I have not yet instituted the portal function but am planning to do so. I think its worth persevering.

I've not had an problems with connectivity or really any glitches at all with basic function of Updox and AC. Their fax service is reliable. When faxing out of Updox, you have the file saved in the sent folder for

up to 6 months- nice to be able to send again or print for some other reason when needed. Looks like you can have unlimited incoming faxes for $25 extra per month.

You can save that extra cost if your fax will send pdfs to your PC ( I have a Brother that does), then Updox allows you to upload to Updox from that PC folder- which eliminates the incoming fax count against your account if you don't have unlimited faxes. Updox also allows you to print with one click to reach your print dialog box and that then allows you to circumvent the outgoing fax count if you can print to fax on your machine.

Carla

T. Ellsworth, MD

-- MD ph fax

Faxes go to inbox. Yu or your MA will route them to chart. Haven't gone live yet but I think that's how it works. Yu Need to deal w fax before putting in chart. Otherwise how will yu know it's they? Sent from my iPhone

and just a question re: AthenaHealth and faxes- do they rely on a real person to route the faxes to the correct place? I wonder about delays and mis-directions. Probably no worse than the glitches of technology. To: Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2012 12:12 PM Subject: Re: Updox

and AC

Carla

T. Ellsworth, MD

-- MD ph fax

Athena uses real people and there does not seem to be a significant delay. If

I'm expecting something, I can look in the inbox for things that Athena needs to

process and view something before it is sorted to the appropriate chart and

appears in my specific inbox.

Updox and AC

>>

>>

>> 

>>Well, I wonder if anyone can help me with the secret of Updox, I am trying to

connect  to Updox but it won’t connect to AC. I have called and emailed the 3

times to help me set up. I did get an email response the first time saying they

were busy…which they probably are.  I am at week one of the free 2 week

trial, and if it doesn’t work, I guess I can use another service.

>> 

>>We need a service to manage the +4,000 faxes we get monthly. It’s

embarrassing the paper we waste for a “paperless†office. We had to get a

shredding service to come monthly.

>> 

>>

>> 

>> T. Ellsworth, MD

>>Family Medicine of sdale

>>9377 E. Bell Rd, Suite 175

>>sdale, AZ 85260

>>

>>

--

MD

ph    fax

Carly,

It sounds like you have a fax line set up with your Brother printer. Is that the

case? If not, I don't understand how the faxes are being directed to your

printer. We had a fax line going into our printer, but have the line redirecting

in through Updox now so no longer have a physical fax line. As a result, all

faxes hit Updox first for managing.

a Hardy

Ballard Neighborhood Doctors

>

>

>  

> >I think the Updox folks are in a growth spurt and having some pains and

glitches. But, they do offer a great service that seems to be getting better-

particularly with AC.  I am trying out their scheduler and just yesterday had

Tobin and on the phone and connected to my PC figuring out what was wrong.

At this point I'm still learning the scheduler and have some questions so cannot

recommend it yet. And I don't think they have a full 'manual' for it yet.

> >

> >

> >

> >In the past, I've been a fan of Paperport and have had my incoming landline

fax send directly to a paperport folder. But, newer paperport versions are

slower and the annotation function is not quite as good as Updox's annotation.

With Updox- direct import to AC, ability to import AND email the patient in one

fell swoop is priceless. I have not yet instituted the portal function but am

planning to do so.   I think its worth persevering. 

> >

> >

> >

> >I've not had an problems with connectivity or really any glitches at all with

basic function of Updox and AC. Their fax service is reliable.  When faxing out

of Updox, you have the file saved in the sent folder for up to 6 months- nice to

be able to send again or print for some other reason when needed.  Looks like

you can have unlimited incoming faxes for $25 extra per month.

> >

> >

> >You can save that extra cost if your fax will send pdfs to your PC ( I have a

Brother that does), then Updox allows you to upload to Updox from that PC

folder- which eliminates the incoming fax count against your account if you

don't have unlimited faxes.  Updox also allows you to print with one click to

reach your print dialog box and that then allows you to circumvent the outgoing

fax count if you can print to fax on your machine.

> >

> >

> >Updox signs BAAs- unlike a cloud based fax service- again, possibly

priceless?

> >

> >

> >

> >Carla

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >________________________________

> >

> >To:

> >Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:04 PM

> >Subject: Updox and AC

> >

> >

> > 

> >Well, I wonder if anyone can help me with the secret of Updox, I am trying to

connect  to Updox but it won’t connect to AC. I have called and emailed the 3

times to help me set up. I did get an email response the first time saying they

were busy…which they probably are.  I am at week one of the free 2 week

trial, and if it doesn’t work, I guess I can use another service.

> > 

> >We need a service to manage the +4,000 faxes we get monthly. It’s

embarrassing the paper we waste for a “paperless†office. We had to get a

shredding service to come monthly.

> > 

> >

> > 

> > T. Ellsworth, MD

> >Family Medicine of sdale

> >9377 E. Bell Rd, Suite 175

> >sdale, AZ 85260

> >

> >

>

Yes, I still have my land-line fax. Cost-wise it is equivalent to the Updox unlimited incoming fax server package. To: Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 10:15 AM Subject: Re: Updox and AC

Carly,

It sounds like you have a fax line set up with your Brother printer. Is that the case? If not, I don't understand how the faxes are being directed to your printer. We had a fax line going into our printer, but have the line redirecting in through Updox now so no longer have a physical fax line. As a result, all faxes hit Updox first for managing.

a Hardy

Ballard Neighborhood Doctors

>

>

>

> >I think the Updox folks are in a growth spurt and having some pains and glitches. But, they do offer a great service that seems to be getting better- particularly with AC. I am trying out their scheduler and just yesterday had Tobin and on the phone and connected to my PC figuring out what was wrong. At this point I'm still learning the scheduler and have some questions so cannot recommend it yet. And I don't think they have a full 'manual' for it yet.

> >

> >

> >

> >In the past, I've been a fan of Paperport and have had my incoming landline fax send directly to a paperport folder. But, newer paperport versions are slower and the annotation function is not quite as good as Updox's annotation. With Updox- direct import to AC, ability to import AND email the patient in one fell swoop is priceless. I have not yet instituted the portal function but am planning to do so. I think its worth persevering.

> >

> >

> >

> >I've not had an problems with connectivity or really any glitches at all with basic function of Updox and AC. Their fax service is reliable. When faxing out of Updox, you have the file saved in the sent folder for up to 6 months- nice to be able to send again or print for some other reason when needed. Looks like you can have unlimited incoming faxes for $25 extra per month.

> >

> >

> >You can save that extra cost if your fax will send pdfs to your PC ( I have a Brother that does), then Updox allows you to upload to Updox from that PC folder- which eliminates the incoming fax count against your account if you don't have unlimited faxes. Updox also allows you to print with one click to reach your print dialog box and that then allows you to circumvent the outgoing fax count if you can print to fax on your machine.

> >

> >

> >Updox signs BAAs- unlike a cloud based fax service- again, possibly priceless?

> >

> >

> >

> >Carla

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >________________________________

> >

> >To:

> >Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:04 PM

> >Subject: Updox and AC

> >

> >

> >

> >Well, I wonder if anyone can help me with the secret of Updox, I am trying to connect to Updox but it won’t connect to AC. I have called and emailed the 3 times to help me set up. I did get an email response the first time saying they were busy…which they probably are. I am at week one of the free 2 week trial, and if it doesn’t work, I guess I can use another service.

> >

> >We need a service to manage the +4,000 faxes we get monthly. It’s embarrassing the paper we waste for a “paperless†office. We had to get a shredding service to come monthly.

> >

> >

> >

> > T. Ellsworth, MD

> >Family Medicine of sdale

> >9377 E. Bell Rd, Suite 175

> >sdale, AZ 85260

> >

> >

>