RemedySpot.com

Re: universal upset person protocol on happymd.com--any interest in inviting him to call?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Myria,Suggested inviting Dike Drummond (of the Happy MD) to an IMP Call.I am willing to do so if there is other interest.  What do you guys think?

Sharon

Sharlene, thanks for sharing.  I really like this as sometimes I can do just fine and other times they can really push my buttons and then I get defensive.  This way I have a set protocol to follow and will be able to stay focused that their problem is not necessarily my fault and if I did make a mistake I can apologize and they can be nicer about discussing it.  If they are grumpy about coming in before refills that doesn't mean I should practice bad medicine for my standards (got bit that way -- patient talked me into skipping two visits -- blood pressure went from 130/80 to 230/110!) Very nice web site over all.  We should see if he would do an IMP call for us since he does 1 hour initial consults for free.

I also had sought out Dike's services. I thought it was helpful.  If I could commit more to his recommendations they likely would be even more helpful!He is not cheap though. But services like his are important and looking critically at burnout for physicians is criticla--if there already is a shortage of primary care providers, I can imagine it would get even worse if doctors practicing now get burned out and just leave medicine alltogether..I don't think its well tracked but should not be ignored

,Thanks for the input.  After talking with him, do you feel like he could provide a useful group call, if he is willing?

I totally agree that this is an issue that needs attention.   In fact, since January I've been working on a new venture to help with this.  More info coming soon.....

Sharon

Sharon McCoy MDRenaissance Family Medicine10 McClintock Court; Irvine, CA  92617PH: (949)387-5504   Fax: (949)281-2197  Toll free phone/fax: 

www.SharonMD.com

I also had sought out Dike's services. I thought it was helpful.  If I could commit more to his recommendations they likely would be even more helpful!He is not cheap though. But services like his are important and looking critically at burnout for physicians is criticla--if there already is a shortage of primary care providers, I can imagine it would get even worse if doctors practicing now get burned out and just leave medicine alltogether..I don't think its well tracked but should not be ignored