RemedySpot.com

RE: Updox and AC

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think the Updox folks are in a growth spurt and having some pains and glitches. But, they do offer a great service that seems to be getting better- particularly with AC. I am trying out their scheduler and just yesterday had Tobin and on the phone and connected to my PC figuring out what was wrong. At this point I'm still learning the scheduler and have some questions so cannot recommend it yet. And I don't think they have a full 'manual' for it yet. In the past, I've been a fan of Paperport

and have had my incoming landline fax send directly to a paperport folder. But, newer paperport versions are slower and the annotation function is not quite as good as Updox's annotation. With Updox- direct import to AC, ability to import AND email the patient in one fell swoop is priceless. I have not yet instituted the portal function but am planning to do so. I think its worth persevering. I've not had an problems with connectivity or really any glitches at all with basic function of Updox and AC. Their fax service is reliable. When faxing out of Updox, you have the file saved in the sent folder for

up to 6 months- nice to be able to send again or print for some other reason when needed. Looks like you can have unlimited incoming faxes for $25 extra per month.You can save that extra cost if your fax will send pdfs to your PC ( I have a Brother that does), then Updox allows you to upload to Updox from that PC folder- which eliminates the incoming fax count against your account if you don't have unlimited faxes. Updox also allows you to print with one click to reach your print dialog box and that then allows you to circumvent the outgoing fax count if you can print to fax on your machine.Updox signs BAAs- unlike a cloud based fax service- again, possibly priceless?Carla To: Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:04 PM Subject: Updox and AC

Well, I wonder if anyone can help me with the secret of Updox, I am trying to connect to Updox but it won’t connect to AC. I have called and emailed the 3 times to help me set up. I did get an email response the first time saying they were busy…which they probably are. I am at week one of the free 2 week trial, and if it doesn’t work, I guess I can use another service. We need a service to manage the +4,000 faxes we get monthly. It’s embarrassing the paper we waste for a “paperless†office. We had to get a shredding service to come monthly. T. Ellsworth, MDFamily Medicine of sdale9377 E. Bell Rd, Suite 175sdale, AZ 85260

Carla, thanks for your advice. I just need to go home, and start again Monday, and see if it can get fixed. I want to do all those things! Have a great week-end From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Carla GibsonSent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:27 PMTo: Subject: Re: Updox and AC I think the Updox folks are in a growth spurt and having some pains and glitches. But, they do offer a great service that seems to be getting better- particularly with AC. I am trying out their scheduler and just yesterday had Tobin and on the phone and connected to my PC figuring out what was wrong. At this point I'm still learning the scheduler and have some questions so cannot recommend it yet. And I don't think they have a full 'manual' for it yet. In the past, I've been a fan of Paperport and have had my incoming landline fax send directly to a paperport folder. But, newer paperport versions are slower and the annotation function is not quite as good as Updox's annotation. With Updox- direct import to AC, ability to import AND email the patient in one fell swoop is priceless. I have not yet instituted the portal function but am planning to do so. I think its worth persevering. I've not had an problems with connectivity or really any glitches at all with basic function of Updox and AC. Their fax service is reliable. When faxing out of Updox, you have the file saved in the sent folder for up to 6 months- nice to be able to send again or print for some other reason when needed. Looks like you can have unlimited incoming faxes for $25 extra per month. You can save that extra cost if your fax will send pdfs to your PC ( I have a Brother that does), then Updox allows you to upload to Updox from that PC folder- which eliminates the incoming fax count against your account if you don't have unlimited faxes. Updox also allows you to print with one click to reach your print dialog box and that then allows you to circumvent the outgoing fax count if you can print to fax on your machine. Updox signs BAAs- unlike a cloud based fax service- again, possibly priceless? Carla To: Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:04 PMSubject: Updox and AC Well, I wonder if anyone can help me with the secret of Updox, I am trying to connect to Updox but it won’t connect to AC. I have called and emailed the 3 times to help me set up. I did get an email response the first time saying they were busy…which they probably are. I am at week one of the free 2 week trial, and if it doesn’t work, I guess I can use another service. We need a service to manage the +4,000 faxes we get monthly. It’s embarrassing the paper we waste for a “paperless†office. We had to get a shredding service to come monthly. T. Ellsworth, MDFamily Medicine of sdale9377 E. Bell Rd, Suite 175sdale, AZ 85260