RemedySpot.com

Re: Billy's January Challenge/Question about a move

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What are pile divers?

From: tae-bo_on [mailto:tae-bo_on ] On Behalf Of *~*Gymmie*~*Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 13:21To: tae-bo_on Subject: Re: 's January Challenge

hehehehe..yes he definitely keeps us on our toes and challenged!

On 1/2/08, Festival City Concrete/ & Carolyn Visser < pvissercyg (DOT) net> wrote:

*~*Gymmie*~* wrote:> 1. Start with jumping rope for three rounds of two minutes with a > 30-second break in between. (If you do not own a jump rope, run in> place, with knees to chest height.)> 2. Next, shadow box (Yes, visualize an imaginary opponent before you,> and box!) for three rounds of two minutes with a 30-second break > in between.> 3. Next, with your Amplifier™, do 100 pile drivers, 100 helicopters> and 100 half moons on each side.> 4. Do four sets of 25 push-ups.> 5. Do eight sets of 50 sit-ups. > 6. Finish with a light stretch.whoa!! this sound quite tough!!! that billy... he is the one,isnt he?!? LOLOL:*carolyn.As Deb has said: "Fitness is a journey and it begins with the first step." "This isn't about weight loss, it's about enlightenment" -

Tallec, Montserrat wrote:

> What are pile divers?

hi monse!!!

i think that this is where billy holds the amplifier vertically with

both hands... lifts it over his head, then brings it down forcefully

toward his knees. he does quite a few reps of this and goes quite

quickly.

:*carolyn.

I hope I'm explaining this clearly. You stand about hip distance apart with the amplifier over your head and thrust your hips forward as you bring the amplifier down so that you're crunching your stomach. They did this in the infomercial and that's the move that made me look so forward to Amped!

What are pile divers?

From: tae-bo_on [mailto:tae-bo_on ] On Behalf Of *~*Gymmie*~*Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 13:21To: tae-bo_on Subject: Re: 's January Challenge

*~*Gymmie*~* wrote:> 1. Start with jumping rope for three rounds of two minutes with a > 30-second break in between. (If you do not own a jump rope, run in> place, with knees to chest height.)> 2. Next, shadow box (Yes, visualize an imaginary opponent before you,> and box!) for three rounds of two minutes with a 30-second break > in between.> 3. Next, with your Amplifier™, do 100 pile drivers, 100 helicopters> and 100 half moons on each side.> 4. Do four sets of 25 push-ups.> 5. Do eight sets of 50 sit-ups. > 6. Finish with a light stretch.whoa!! this sound quite tough!!! that billy... he is the one,isnt he?!? LOLOL:*carolyn.As Deb has said: " Fitness is a journey and it begins with the first step. " " This isn't about weight loss, it's about enlightenment " -

Thank you so much Sandie for the explanation...

From: tae-bo_on [mailto:tae-bo_on ] On Behalf Of *~*Gymmie*~*Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 13:33To: tae-bo_on Subject: Re: 's January Challenge/Question about a move

I hope I'm explaining this clearly. You stand about hip distance apart with the amplifier over your head and thrust your hips forward as you bring the amplifier down so that you're crunching your stomach. They did this in the infomercial and that's the move that made me look so forward to Amped!

On 1/2/08, Tallec, Montserrat <mtallecnrcan (DOT) gc.ca> wrote:

What are pile divers?

On 1/2/08, Festival City Concrete/ & Carolyn Visser < pvissercyg (DOT) net> wrote: *~*Gymmie*~* wrote:> 1. Start with jumping rope for three rounds of two minutes with a > 30-second break in between. (If you do not own a jump rope, run in> place, with knees to chest height.)> 2. Next, shadow box (Yes, visualize an imaginary opponent before you,> and box!) for three rounds of two minutes with a 30-second break > in between.> 3. Next, with your Amplifier™, do 100 pile drivers, 100 helicopters> and 100 half moons on each side.> 4. Do four sets of 25 push-ups.> 5. Do eight sets of 50 sit-ups. > 6. Finish with a light stretch.whoa!! this sound quite tough!!! that billy... he is the one,isnt he?!? LOLOL:*carolyn.As Deb has said: "Fitness is a journey and it begins with the first step." "This isn't about weight loss, it's about enlightenment" -

Thank you so much Carolyn and Sandie, you guys are great...I am going to attempt and do some of the moves on this challenge...

From: tae-bo_on [mailto:tae-bo_on ] On Behalf Of Festival City Concrete/ & Carolyn VisserSent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 13:32To: tae-bo_on Subject: Re: 's January Challenge/Question about a move

Tallec, Montserrat wrote:> What are pile divers?hi monse!!!i think that this is where billy holds the amplifier vertically with both hands... lifts it over his head, then brings it down forcefully toward his knees. he does quite a few reps of this and goes quite quickly.:*carolyn.

Good afternoon everyone - I was wondering the same thing about the pile drivers. I wondered if they were the move in which you face one side or the other - bend over 1 leg with the other behind for support and pull your knee into your abs forcefully. this is done quite a few times as well either with or without the amplifier. does this at the end of Fat Burning Accelerator (amped series) and at the beginning of Full throttle. Any thoughts on that?

Keep kickin' -

-------------- Original message from Festival City Concrete/ & Carolyn Visser : --------------

Tallec, Montserrat wrote:> What are pile divers?hi monse!!!i think that this is where billy holds the amplifier vertically with both hands... lifts it over his head, then brings it down forcefully toward his knees. he does quite a few reps of this and goes quite quickly.:*carolyn.

Sorry everyone - I replied regarding the pile driver move before reading everyone else's responses. Thanks again for the clarification. So far I'm 2 for 2 on the challenge for Jan - Jun.

-------------- Original message from curtislong@...: --------------

Good afternoon everyone - I was wondering the same thing about the pile drivers. I wondered if they were the move in which you face one side or the other - bend over 1 leg with the other behind for support and pull your knee into your abs forcefully. this is done quite a few times as well either with or without the amplifier. does this at the end of Fat Burning Accelerator (amped series) and at the beginning of Full throttle. Any thoughts on that?

Keep kickin' -

-------------- Original message from Festival City Concrete/ & Carolyn Visser <pvissercyg (DOT) net>: --------------

curtislong@... wrote:

>I wondered if they were the move in which you face one side or

> the other - bend over 1 leg with the other behind for support and pull

> your knee into your abs forcefully.

hiya jennifer!

this is an exercise that billy does in practically all of his

workouts... old and new ones.

i dont think that it has an official name (perhaps it is merely

called a 'knee pull'?) ... it is just one of his standard taebo

exercises for the abs.

:*carolyn.

Great job!

Sorry everyone - I replied regarding the pile driver move before reading everyone else's responses. Thanks again for the clarification. So far I'm 2 for 2 on the challenge for Jan - Jun.

-------------- Original message from curtislong@...: --------------

Keep kickin' -

-------------- Original message from Festival City Concrete/ & Carolyn Visser : --------------

-- Gymmie in TexasIndy 500 May 25, 2008 Here I come!www.myspace.com/nascartaebogymmieExercise is the rent I pay for a healthy body. The higher the rent, the better the " house " I live in. I really like living in the " high rent district " and I bet if you just take yourself in hand and tell yourself you are going to do it and like it (or else), you'll end up loving the benefits so much that eventually you couldn't imagine not working out.

I've spent enough time in the ghetto...I wanna live out the rest of my days on Park Place!