mrsmumsiebear wrote:

> This is my first post. I am wondering, which is the best tae bo to

> start out with? I would like to buy some tae bo dvd's and finally lose

> the baby weight. The Amped promises results in a small time, is this

> true? Is the boot camp better?

hi julie!! welcome to the group!!

taebo is a great full body workout, with toning and cardio at the

same time. if you maintain a regular exercise schedule, and

tighten up your eating, then you will certainly get fit with taebo.

'amped' is a great set, but it is mostly upper body toning, imo,

and it can be challenging. i avoid anything with 'boot camp' in

the title... too hard and not enough fun...LOL. so i recommend that

you start out doing taebo with billy's 'get ripped' series, which

includes an instructional, two 30 min basic workouts, two 60 min

advanced workouts and a bonus '8 minute' workout. these are all

cardio and unweighted sculpting... no bars or bands or balls, etc.

i hope this helps a bit,

:*carolyn.

- welcome to the group! I fully agree with Carolyn. The "get ripped" series is awesome and is what I used for the 1st year to lose all of my baby weight after my 3rd child. I do use the boot camp series but sparingly as I find it to be the most challenging. I stick with the basic training DVD and the Ultimate Boot Camp as I find they give me a boost when I need it. The Elite Bootcamp DVD that I have does not work for me as I am 5'11" and the Bands are not long enough to do the exercises when you have to lie down. Not sure of your height but I would avoid the Elite if you are 5'8" or taller. The amped series rocks but as Carolyn said is quite challenging to begin your workout series. The other series I would recommend, once you've been at it a while with the get ripped series is "fat blasting cardio" and "total body fat blaster" as they are a good cardio workout too. I have also used weighted gloves instead of the bands when I was getting started with the more advanced workouts as it gave me a bit more challenge but I could work on my technique before using the bands as well. Keep the questions coming and good luck with your workouts and again welcome to the group.

Re: new to post board

mrsmumsiebear wrote:> This is my first post. I am wondering, which is the best tae bo to> start out with? I would like to buy some tae bo dvd's and finally lose> the baby weight. The Amped promises results in a small time, is this> true? Is the boot camp better?hi julie!! welcome to the group!!taebo is a great full body workout, with toning and cardio at the same time. if you maintain a regular exercise schedule, and tighten up your eating, then you will certainly get fit with taebo. 'amped' is a great set, but it is mostly upper body toning, imo, and it can be challenging. i avoid anything with 'boot camp' in the title... too hard and not enough fun...LOL. so i recommend that you start out doing taebo with billy's 'get ripped' series, which includes an instructional, two 30 min basic workouts, two 60 min advanced workouts and a bonus '8 minute' workout. these are all cardio and unweighted sculpting... no bars or bands or balls, etc. i hope this helps a bit,:*carolyn.