Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

You will overcome that over time. You might start by telling us your

name--you can use a made-up name if you wish, where you live, what

MS is like for you, and how you were diagnosed. You could even tell

us your favourite interests, and we ill love it all. Love to you, n

Hello

Just wanted to say hello. I've never been in a group like this on the web before. Still kind of shy about it.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.1.384 / Virus Database: 268.4.0/304 - Release Date: 4/7/2006

Guest guest

Would you mind telling us a little about yourself? When were you diagnosed? What kind of symptoms do you have? I'm glad you joined us! Sharonh_l_g8 wrote: Just wanted to say hello. I've never been in a group like this on the web before. Still kind of shy about it.

Sharon (MSersLife creator/owner)

“One minute it's a giant cabbage and the next, ka-boom! You've got cole slaw all over you." V.R. , Palmer, Alaska, where Cabbages grow huge

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

Hi! What's your name? I'm Valene. I'm kind of new here also. (Give or take a couple of weeks.) I am forty-six, and have had MS for over 20 years. I have the RRMs.

Feel free to tell us a little about yourself. This is a good place to share. Although we all have something in common, as far as our health. This is also a good place to just vent, share experiences, and talk about life in general. We have some very knowledgeable people here. I'm learning more everyday and I find that I'm feeling better about this ugly monster. I'm learning to control it...And not letting it control me.

Once again, I'd like to say Welcome to the group!

Blessed be...

-- Hello

Just wanted to say hello. I've never been in a group like this on the web before. Still kind of shy about it.

Font Chinacat

Artby Engelbreit

Guest guest

Welcome, this is a great group of people, h_l_g8 wrote: Just wanted to say hello. I've never been in a group like this on the web before. Still kind of shy about it.

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

Don't be shy..we're all in the same boat, we just try to all row in more or less the same direction...so row away and Chat with us!!

Peace and Blessings

~*~ Akiba ~*~

Pragmatic Visionary

http://yodamamma.blogspot.com/

-- Re: Hello

Welcome, this is a great group of people, h_l_g8 wrote: Just wanted to say hello. I've never been in a group like this on the web before. Still kind of shy about it.

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hi ', It's nice to meet you. :o) I'm Challis... my husband, , and I have four children ( is 19, is 15½, Jenna is 6 and Maya is 2½) and we live in Arizona. I don't have a dx myself, but I've tried to find one. lol If I think about it, I may be able tot race the first hints of symptoms back about ten or eleven years. It was just about seven years ago when they really started grabbing my attention and increasing a good bit. Right now I'm *okay*. I did at last decide to try to find some answers, and headed off to see a Neuro and go for a few of the tests. MRI, blood work, eval, that sort of thing. It was a bit over a year ago when my Neuro dismissed me. Well, I shouldn't say that. He did tell me the reason I can't feel my skin, among other things, is that I was

Breastfeeding. LOL And he did say that I should "keep an open mind and find some happiness in the fact that I have zero chance of developing any significant neurological disease over the next ten years". I better watch out in ten years maybe? ROFL He also said that when people are told they don't have MS, their symptoms disapear. I'm waiting... LOL I've not gathered the courage, gusto, caring, whatever it is it'll take to get me back to a new Neuro and more testing... I've not found it yet and so talk about going when asked. Never further. <g> My Mother has MS. Clearly I want to be like Mom so imagine it all, I'm sure. LOL My Mom, btw, is Sharon / Wobbletowalk. She encouraged me to join this list about a year and a half ago. I'm glad I finally did. The people here can be a true and deep source of support. I'm glad docs are listening to you now and hope you get concrete and accurate answers soon! Challis dixmstx wrote: Just wanted to say hello. I don't know if I'm a newbie or still in limboland. I have had symptoms for 7 years with two documented exacerbations before but always had normal MRI's so other neuro never investigated the poblem they would just say it was fibromyalgia and that was it.In March I went to my urologist thinking I was just having problems with chronic cystitis, was treated for a kidney infecton, and ended up in the ER 5 days later unable to urinate. Imagine my surprise a few days later when the dr said it was probably ms and I needed to see a neuro.Luckily this time I had my Urologist and my

Rheumatologist saying THIS IS NOT NORMAL. I have the neurological problems: tremors, balance and coordination problems, some cognitive, abnormal gait, blurred vision, etc.This is the first time my MRI was abnormal but it was "INCONCLUSIVE" so I go and have the field of blood work done on Monday and will go into my third week of PT.Hopefully when I see the neurologist next week we can decide on some kind of plan. The only thing that aggravates me is that I'm a nurse and I recognized the symptoms and was asking the question for years, "What about MS?" Still working and taking care of others the best I can soo I hope the MD has some answers.Thanks for listening' from Texas

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

Thanks for your advice

Subject: Re: question about strength training with tae boTo: tae-bo_on Date: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 7:16 PM

Ohhh - please don't use ankle weights with any kickboxing workout. You are asking for an injury big time. does not recommend you using them with his workouts at all unless something has changed recently. Sandie, you would be up on this better then I would. By using ankle weights, you are shifting your alignment - doing sidekicks not only affects your legs, it affects your neck and shoulders so you could even get a upper body injury from it. I found that by using the bands, it actually made me feel more toned then the weights did. You can get the stretchy bands pretty cheap and could maybe use those instead. Someone else should help you more in what to use instead of the bands. I don't have any of the newer workouts by yet. I just had to pop in when I read ankle weights - I never used them but I did have a shoulder injury when I was doing Taebo exclusively and know that

they can make it so much worse. I was off a long time from exercising because of the injury - it really is a place you don't want to go if you don't have to. Best of luck! le>> Ann - > > I had the same question a few months ago. I didn't feel like I was getting enough strength training exclusively through TaeBo either. I use weighted gloves with all of 's workouts unless I am using the bands or the Amplifier. The other thing that I have started doing is using low weight (2 lbs each) ankle weights while doing Tae Bo. I think this is helping with sculpting as well. I feel stronger and more able to bend down to pick up my children or the toys that seem to spread further each day. I haven't tried T3 yet and am

not sure if there is more strength training in that series or not. Anyone have any experiences they would like to share about T3? > > I agree, I look forward to Tae Bo each day and have just recently decided to do it exclusively as well. The most strengh training the I have noticed in Tae Bo, with the exception of the bands, has been in his ball workout in the boot camp series. There is a section that uses hand weights (the majority of them use 3 lbs. and Jillianne use 5 lbs and uses 8 lbs). This is arm strengthening only but could be a nice supplement to the ankle weights. Just a thought.> > Good luck and keep on kickin'> > > question about strength training with tae bo> > > About 8 years ago, I used tae bo 1 hour advanced tapes 5 days a week > and had amazing results. B/c of an injury, I stopped and did non-> weighted workouts and walking. My legs have never been as thin as > they were in tae bo days(not sure if this is from the workouts or the > fact that i'm not as consistent with them b/c they bore me). > I have recently purchased a number of more current tae bos and plan > on doing tae bo exclusively for now. My reason for tae bo exclusively > is b/c every other workout i have (and I have many) I am dreading > doing. I never had a dread factor with . I get excited to do his > workouts. I love his spirit, music and the fact that his workouts > aren't so choriographed( spelling? ??). I feel like I'm in a live class > with him.

And his daughter has impeccable form. I often follow her. > Has anyone done just his workouts without adding in other strength > workouts? Do you think his strength workouts are enough? I ordered a > number of cardio but also amped and celebrity sculpt. I would like > some advice on the best way to go about this. Could I just rotate the > videos I have 5 days a week and get enough for toning? I'm not > looking for a lot of weighted work b/c i bulk easily. I do have his > boot camp which I don't do b/c I can not use the bands(they hurt me). > Not sure if there is anything I can sub for that. I do have some > weighted gloves.> One more question, I accidentally ordered a dvd called fat blasting. > It's a different one than what someone had recommended to me. After > ordering, I figured out that bands are used in that workout. Can I

> sub something else for the bands? I would hate for this workout to go > to waist. Oh, and could you suggest a sub for the bands in the boot > camp workouts?> Thanks for your suggestions.> Ann>