RemedySpot.com

Test Results

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have recently been to 2 LLMDs.. one in Northern California and the other in Southern California.One used Igenex the other used Medical Diagnostic Laboratories.The results were completely different. Some had positives where the other said negative and the other had negatives where the other has positives... Very frustrating!I can't retest because it was so expensive but may try one more lab called Imminosciences to see if anything matches.Has this been the case for anybody else?How accurate are these labs?Thank you.. I'm new to this group and this diagnosis but have had Lyme for at least 18 years.GG

Guest guest

I see Drs in northern cal too and Igenix lab and frye i think are the only two labs with accurate testing. Id be interested in seeing what dr you see and maybe we live near each other. So hard to find friends near with same illness. Do you have yahoo chat? To: Lyme_and_Rife Sent: Friday, July 6, 2012 4:47 PM Subject: Test Results

I have recently been to 2 LLMDs.. one in Northern California and the other in Southern California.One used Igenex the other used Medical Diagnostic Laboratories.The results were completely different. Some had positives where the other said negative and the other had negatives where the other has positives... Very frustrating!I can't retest because it was so expensive but may try one more lab called Imminosciences to see if anything matches.Has this been the case for anybody else?How accurate are these labs?Thank you.. I'm new to this group and this diagnosis but have had Lyme for at least 18 years.GG

Guest guest

Hi GG,

I do know that my LLMD told me that before I test using the Western Blot that I

should treat for Lyme for about 2 months in order to get a positive result.

What actually happens with that particular test is that it test for the

antibodies to Lyme made by your own immune system. If your immune function is

so compromised that it is no longer making antibodies, then you will get a

negative test, even though you may be extremely sick. Sometimes the sickest

people come up as negative on the western blot.

IMHO on the other hand, if the test from Medical Diagnostics lab uses a

different criteria then antibodies, I could see how it could yield a different

result. Particularly if it looks for the actual spirochete in the blood. If

you have treated for a couple of months, you might have killed the active spiros

in the blood which is the pathway that is most vulnerable to abx herbals or even

some rife machines yielding a negative test on one test, but raising the immune

function enough to have a presence of antibodies, creating a positive test on

the Western Blot. if that makes sense. Unfortunately, dead spiros in the blood

does not equate to a cure since Lyme loves the Lymphatic system and the brain.

I don't claim to know what the Medical Diagnositics lab tests, but I am just

giving an opinion or scenario as to why your test may have had such differing

results. Of course I tend to think outside the box and most of the Medical

establishment doesn't. I would definitely do your homework and ask what exactly

each one of these tests test! That might offer an explanation to you. I know

it doesn't help to convince your docs, but if you have symptoms, I would assume

you have Lyme and the easiest test in the world is to run 432 the preferred

frequency for Lyme and see if you have any temporary diminishing of symptoms for

a day or two followed by a herx or flu like symptoms.

The best test would be a genetic test to see if the DNA of the Lyme spirochete

is present in the body, but then again, it would not tell you if it was a miasm,

something that was once present but no longer present or if it is still an

active problem. I think most of these tests are probably fraught with errors

depending on what they measure and the preparation prior to the test. So don't

sweat a discrepancy in your tests and just assume you are positive and treat it.

>

> I have recently been to 2 LLMDs.. one in Northern California and the other in

Southern California.

>

> One used Igenex the other used Medical Diagnostic Laboratories.

>

> The results were completely different.  Some had positives where the other

said negative and the other had negatives where the other has positives... Very

frustrating!

>

> I can't retest because it was so expensive but may try one more lab called

Imminosciences to see if anything matches.

>

> Has this been the case for anybody else?

>

> How accurate are these labs?

>

> Thank you.. I'm new to this group and this diagnosis but have had Lyme for at

least 18 years.

>

> GG

>

Guest guest

Hi GG,

I totally agree with Sue: " don't sweat a discrepancy in your tests and just

assume you are positive and treat it. " I was first diagnosed with kinesiology,

and than went to my holistic MD who said " why bother with an expensive

test--just start treating it! " So I've never had any " tests " and have saved a

lot of money and frustration. That's not to say this hasn't been expensive and

frustrating, but all the tests are notoriously inaccurate and undependable.

Kinesiology may not be the best test around, but sometimes it works better in

aiding a clinical diagnosis. I hope your LLMD is willing to treat you without a

definitive answer on paper.

Khaya

> >

> > I have recently been to 2 LLMDs.. one in Northern California and the other

in Southern California.

> >

> > One used Igenex the other used Medical Diagnostic Laboratories.

> >

> > The results were completely different.  Some had positives where the other

said negative and the other had negatives where the other has positives... Very

frustrating!

> >

> > I can't retest because it was so expensive but may try one more lab called

Imminosciences to see if anything matches.

> >

> > Has this been the case for anybody else?

> >

> > How accurate are these labs?

> >

> > Thank you.. I'm new to this group and this diagnosis but have had Lyme for

at least 18 years.

> >

> > GG

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Khaya,Well said!After decades of giving the allopathic institution a chance to get it right (they didn't) and many negative tests that my own instincts questioned, I finally began to Rife after being scanned by the frequencyfoundation. As a 6-year Lyme fighter, having had Lyme for 45+ years, I despair when I read posts from newbies dithering over tests: who, when, where, what bands, etc.. Tests may not be a waste of time, but they are certainly a postponement of getting on with doing SOMETHING, even if it's only going to lymestrategies and beginning the relatively inexpensive protocol of S & C that's a guaranteed killer of these pathogens. Or trying MMS, or going to canlyme.com and clinically diagnosing yourself, to get on with fighting. Time's a'wasting and there's recovery to be done! We can't wait for the establishment to get up to speed, bless 'em.Fine tuning, guided by tests for everything from heavy metals, thyroid, mineral deficiencies, etc. are all great, but it's good to start with the broad strokes. If you herx, you have an answer. If you don't herx, you're still doing something that may lessen your suspected load of pathogens, which, in turn will affect all your other co-infections and issues. You can't pull one leg of the table without the other legs coming along.I think that sometimes, people fear the definitive diagnosis and actually feel reassured that as long as their condition hasn't had the seal of allopathic approval, they MIGHT not have Lyme. This is understandable. Even after all this time, suffering and arduous progress, I still, sometimes say, 'Me? Have Lyme disease? Nahhhhh!' It's too horrible. Can't be me'. But looking back at the decades I wasted, the docs I consulted, the traction devices, neck braces, hand splints, even shopping for the right car whose seat wouldn't kill my neck, bottles and bottles of all sorts of remedies, I wish I'd accepted the possibility much earlier when a Lymie on Martha's Vineyard suggested, suspected Lyme. I wish that I'd known some simple, entry level protocols that could have started my recovery sooner, tests be-damned.Be well,Léna

Hi GG,

I totally agree with Sue: "don't sweat a discrepancy in your tests and just assume you are positive and treat it." I was first diagnosed with kinesiology, and than went to my holistic MD who said "why bother with an expensive test--just start treating it!" So I've never had any "tests" and have saved a lot of money and frustration. That's not to say this hasn't been expensive and frustrating, but all the tests are notoriously inaccurate and undependable. Kinesiology may not be the best test around, but sometimes it works better in aiding a clinical diagnosis. I hope your LLMD is willing to treat you without a definitive answer on paper.

Khaya

> >

> > I have recently been to 2 LLMDs.. one in Northern California and the other in Southern California.

> >

> > One used Igenex the other used Medical Diagnostic Laboratories.

> >

> > The results were completely different. Some had positives where the other said negative and the other had negatives where the other has positives... Very frustrating!

> >

> > I can't retest because it was so expensive but may try one more lab called Imminosciences to see if anything matches.

> >

> > Has this been the case for anybody else?

> >

> > How accurate are these labs?

> >

> > Thank you.. I'm new to this group and this diagnosis but have had Lyme for at least 18 years.

> >

> > GG

> >

>