RemedySpot.com

Re: Tick bite treatment for child?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Our doctor prescribed amoxicillin and azithromycin and we have observed nothing but positive results Best of luck, Mason

To: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism From: skiweasel7@...Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 23:59:23 +0000Subject: Tick bite treatment for child?

My son's friend got a tick bite and pulled it out wrong, leaving the head in. So I assume a big load of whatever got into his blood stream. I know Doxycycline is the antibiotic of choice for adults with tick bites. But Doxycycline is not for children. What would be the antibiotic used for a 10 year old?

Thanks,

Rich (skiweasel7)

Guest guest

Doxycyline is OK for use for a 10 year old. The cut-off is 8 years of age or younger, when doxycycline is not appropriate. Then Amoxicillin is the antibiotic of choice for initial treatment. Anne Mears, RN, MSN/IHmcfighter@... From: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism [mailto:BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism ] On Behalf Of Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:59 PMTo: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism Subject: Tick bite treatment for child? My son's friend got a tick bite and pulled it out wrong, leaving the head in. So I assume a big load of whatever got into his blood stream. I know Doxycycline is the antibiotic of choice for adults with tick bites. But Doxycycline is not for children. What would be the antibiotic used for a 10 year old?Thanks,Rich (skiweasel7)

Guest guest

Thank you all for the replies. The bite occurred in Ojai, CA which is known to

have lyme. So I hope to get the mom to start treatment right away.

Anne, do you know what the dosage would be? Should I assume if 200mg bid is for

a 150 lb adult, that 100mg bid would be good for a 75 lb child? The mom's dad is

in the medical field and can subscribe Rx. She may have to ask him since the

local doctors don't think lyme exists here plus have no idea about

co-infections.

Thanks again,

Rich (skiweasel7)

>

> Doxycyline is OK for use for a 10 year old. The cut-off is 8 years of age

> or younger, when doxycycline is not appropriate. Then Amoxicillin is the

> antibiotic of choice for initial treatment.

>

>

>

> Anne Mears, RN, MSN/IH

>

> mcfighter@...

>

>

>

> From: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism

> [mailto:BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism ] On Behalf Of

>

> Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:59 PM

> To: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism

> Subject: Tick bite treatment for

> child?

>

>

>

>

>

> My son's friend got a tick bite and pulled it out wrong, leaving the head

> in. So I assume a big load of whatever got into his blood stream. I know

> Doxycycline is the antibiotic of choice for adults with tick bites. But

> Doxycycline is not for children. What would be the antibiotic used for a 10

> year old?

> Thanks,

> Rich (skiweasel7)

>

Guest guest

After a quick search online for dosing recommendations, conventional medicine would probably recommend 75 mg twice a day for a child of that size. Since I am not a doctor or a pharmacist, I can’t comment further. If it were my child, though, I would probably ask for 100 mg twice a day. Anne Mears, RN, MSN/IHmcfighter@... From: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism [mailto:BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism ] On Behalf Of Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:37 AMTo: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism Subject: Re: Tick bite treatment for child? Thank you all for the replies. The bite occurred in Ojai, CA which is known to have lyme. So I hope to get the mom to start treatment right away.Anne, do you know what the dosage would be? Should I assume if 200mg bid is for a 150 lb adult, that 100mg bid would be good for a 75 lb child? The mom's dad is in the medical field and can subscribe Rx. She may have to ask him since the local doctors don't think lyme exists here plus have no idea about co-infections.Thanks again,Rich (skiweasel7)>> Doxycyline is OK for use for a 10 year old. The cut-off is 8 years of age> or younger, when doxycycline is not appropriate. Then Amoxicillin is the> antibiotic of choice for initial treatment.> > > > Anne Mears, RN, MSN/IH> > mcfighter@...> > > > From: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism > [mailto:BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism ] On Behalf Of> > Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:59 PM> To: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism > Subject: Tick bite treatment for> child?> > > > > > My son's friend got a tick bite and pulled it out wrong, leaving the head> in. So I assume a big load of whatever got into his blood stream. I know> Doxycycline is the antibiotic of choice for adults with tick bites. But> Doxycycline is not for children. What would be the antibiotic used for a 10> year old?> Thanks,> Rich (skiweasel7)>