RemedySpot.com

Re: Tryptophan versus 5htp

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Tryptophan is an amino acid found naturally in foods. When one batch of genetically engineered tryptophan became contaminated, it was taken off the market. To replace it, manufactured started producing partially metabolized tryptophan, which is called 5HTP. This does not require as large a dose to get the same effect. Now, tryptophan is back without the genetic engineering (I think), but many people are hesitant to use it or now prefer the 5HTP. Tryptophan is found in foods. This is the amino acid that makes a warm glass of milk before bed helpful. It is also high in turkey and peanut butter. It is needed for making neurotransmitters, such as serotonin. When high levels get into the brain, it can produce drowsiness and/or a feeling of well-being. Taking tryptophan with high carbs will help get tryptophan across the blood-brain barrier. I take 5HTP every night to help me sleep and help keep depression at bay. Anne M., BSN, MSN/IH, RNmcfighter@... From: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism [mailto:BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism ] On Behalf Of cwah535Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2012 8:30 AMTo: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism Subject: Tryptophan versus 5htp Anyone have any info/experiences about these supplements?I am trying to learn more about them.Thanks,Carolyn__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6774 (20120107) __________The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.http://www.eset.com __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6775 (20120107) __________The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.http://www.eset.com

I give a high dose of tryptophan at bedtime so my son can sleep. Use the " Pure "

brand

sold thur emersonecologics.com

HTH's

Allie

>

> Anyone have any info/experiences about these supplements?

>

> I am trying to learn more about them.

> Thanks,

> Carolyn

>

i used theANINE AND 5HTP for a long time it was amazing...when he had really bad

pathogen issues it didnt work as well...but in conjunction to pathogen fighting

protocol it is a great great supplement...

> >

> > Anyone have any info/experiences about these supplements?

> >

> > I am trying to learn more about them.

> > Thanks,

> > Carolyn

> >

>