RemedySpot.com

Waiting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

What is so hard for me to learn this week is waiting. This week, I have been challenged to do just that.

You sit back and you wait.

All the while, chomping at the bit, wanting to DO SOMETHING.

When there is absolutely nothing you can do, other than wait, that is what you do. That is all you can do.

It isn't easy.

ACT has helped me a lot with just waiting.

Helena

Guest guest

I am alone. I wait to be with people. Can that happen? I''m not sure.

To: "ACT" <act_for_the_public >Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 11:08:20 AMSubject: Waiting

What is so hard for me to learn this week is waiting. This week, I have been challenged to do just that.

When there is absolutely nothing you can do, other than wait, that is what you do. That is all you can do.

It isn't easy.

Helena

Guest guest

Lovely Helena. Waiting is a wonderful thing to have in one's repertoire in my opinion. Sometimes waiting can be avoidance, but sometimes, just sitting back and noticing how badly I want to react, and waiting, has been a blessing. I have sometimes seen things happen that were way better than anything I could have planned. One example is my draft folder. I do not follow this religiously, but reasonably well...If I write an email that has any heat under it (pissed off, hurt, righteous, especially righteous), I tend to let it sit in my draft folder for 24 hours (waiting). When I revisit the email the next day, I try to ask myself some questions...Why am I sending this? What am I trying to accomplish? Do I really need to say anything at all? If the email gets sent, it is typically much edited. But really, I have a lot, really a lot of emails in that folder that never go anywhere. Every so often, I like to look back and see what I did not send. Mostly, I think, wow, glad I waited on that one.I do not think I would call myself overly cautious. I carried a bit of my risk taking forward into my own recovery and largely put it to good use. But, waiting, that is good too.And sometimes, sometimes...something marvelous has shown up in the midst of waiting.as always, with my warm regards,

G. 205 Peabody BuildingPsychology DepartmentUniversity of MississippiOxford, MS 38677ph: (best phone academic homepage:www.olemiss.edu/working/kwilson/kwilson.htmalso check outwww.onelifellc.comwww.mindfulnessfortwo.comwww.facebook.com/kellygwilson

To: "ACT" <act_for_the_public >Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 11:08:20 AMSubject: Waiting

What is so hard for me to learn this week is waiting. This week, I have been challenged to do just that. You sit back and you wait. You sit back and you wait. You sit back and you wait. All the while, chomping at the bit, wanting to DO SOMETHING. When there is absolutely nothing you can do, other than wait, that is what you do. That is all you can do. It isn't easy. ACT has helped me a lot with just waiting. Helena

Guest guest

Do you know, , I am going to try that draft folder idea out. I can

also edit my posts in Word which will help get the spelling right, not

that I can't spell, it is just that somehow for some reason I'm

forgetting how to spell common words nowadays, which I hope it is just

due to stress and that I can recover. Also, when I edit my posts live,

bits get accidently left in, or out, so the syntax looks weird.

I have regretted a lot of my posts in the past due to my hot headed

temper which is caused by pent up anger, but I'm actually a very easy

going nice person, quite gentle really. Except when it comes to

psychiatry and then I sort of change and get really angry. I wish more

people were fair and nice like me, but some sections of society are

completely ruthless and need to be fought hard because of the injustice

and damage they have caused. But that stuff is for other sites.

All my posts will go into my draft folder for 24 hours for now on. I'm

sure you will find them lighter.

Kv

>

> Lovely Helena. Waiting is a wonderful thing to have in one's

repertoire in my opinion. Sometimes waiting can be avoidance, but

sometimes, just sitting back and noticing how badly I want to react, and

waiting, has been a blessing. I have sometimes seen things happen that

were way better than anything I could have planned. One example is my

draft folder. I do not follow this religiously, but reasonably well...If

I write an email that has any heat under it (pissed off, hurt,

righteous, especially righteous), I tend to let it sit in my draft

folder for 24 hours (waiting). When I revisit the email the next day, I

try to ask myself some questions...Why am I sending this? What am I

trying to accomplish? Do I really need to say anything at all? If the

email gets sent, it is typically much edited. But really, I have a lot,

really a lot of emails in that folder that never go anywhere. Every so

often, I like to look back and see what I did not send. Mostly, I think,

wow, glad I waited on that one.

>

> I do not think I would call myself overly cautious. I carried a bit of

my risk taking forward into my own recovery and largely put it to good

use. But, waiting, that is good too.

>

> And sometimes, sometimes...something marvelous has shown up in the

midst of waiting.

>

> as always, with my warm regards,

>

>

> G.

> 205 Peabody Building

> Psychology Department

> University of Mississippi

> Oxford, MS 38677

>

>

> ph: (best phone

>

> academic homepage:

> www.olemiss.edu/working/kwilson/kwilson.htm

>

> also check out

> www.onelifellc.com

> www.mindfulnessfortwo.com

> www.facebook.com/kellygwilson

>

>

>

> >

> > From: " hbbr " hbbr@...

> > To: " ACT " act_for_the_public

> > Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 11:08:20 AM

> > Subject: Waiting

> >

> >

> >

> > What is so hard for me to learn this week is waiting. This week, I

have been challenged to do just that.

> >

> >

> > You sit back and you wait.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > All the while, chomping at the bit, wanting to DO SOMETHING.

> >

> >

> > When there is absolutely nothing you can do, other than wait, that

is what you do. That is all you can do.

> >

> >

> > It isn't easy.

> >

> >

> > ACT has helped me a lot with just waiting.

> >

> >

> > Helena

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

One of my impulsive posts was on the 12 step movement. I admit I have never been that keen on them, but other people find them useful and this has never botherered me before. And they are free of charge and are set up by sufferers which is a great idea. So the next day I when read my post I was a bit bemused by how angry I got. But it does always comes back to the same thing, though, that when certain groups of people try to convince other people that they have chemical imballances which is caused by genetic faults, I then see red.

So this is my last radical post. G A Fava is a professor of psychiatry. I like him a lot:

Long-Term Treatment with Antidepressant Drugs: The Spectacular Achievements of Propaganda, by G A Fava.http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/519-papers-by-dr-ga-fava-long-time-critic-of-antidepressants/

Kv

..> >> > Lovely Helena. Waiting is a wonderful thing to have in one's> repertoire in my opinion. Sometimes waiting can be avoidance, but> sometimes, just sitting back and noticing how badly I want to react, and> waiting, has been a blessing. I have sometimes seen things happen that> were way better than anything I could have planned. One example is my> draft folder. I do not follow this religiously, but reasonably well...If> I write an email that has any heat under it (pissed off, hurt,> righteous, especially righteous), I tend to let it sit in my draft> folder for 24 hours (waiting). When I revisit the email the next day, I> try to ask myself some questions...Why am I sending this? What am I> trying to accomplish? Do I really need to say anything at all? If the> email gets sent, it is typically much edited. But really, I have a lot,> really a lot of emails in that folder that never go anywhere. Every so> often, I like to look back and see what I did not send. Mostly, I think,> wow, glad I waited on that one.> >> > I do not think I would call myself overly cautious. I carried a bit of> my risk taking forward into my own recovery and largely put it to good> use. But, waiting, that is good too.> >> > And sometimes, sometimes...something marvelous has shown up in the> midst of waiting.> >> > as always, with my warm regards,> > > >> > G. > > 205 Peabody Building> > Psychology Department> > University of Mississippi> > Oxford, MS 38677> >> >> > ph: (best phone> >> > academic homepage:> > www.olemiss.edu/working/kwilson/kwilson.htm> >> > also check out> > www.onelifellc.com> > www.mindfulnessfortwo.com> > www.facebook.com/kellygwilson> >> >> >> > >> > > From: "hbbr" hbbr@> > > To: "ACT" act_for_the_public > > > Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 11:08:20 AM> > > Subject: Waiting> > >> > >> > >> > > What is so hard for me to learn this week is waiting. This week, I> have been challenged to do just that.> > >> > >> > > You sit back and you wait.> > >> > >> > > You sit back and you wait.> > >> > >> > > You sit back and you wait.> > >> > >> > > All the while, chomping at the bit, wanting to DO SOMETHING.> > >> > >> > > When there is absolutely nothing you can do, other than wait, that> is what you do. That is all you can do.> > >> > >> > > It isn't easy.> > >> > >> > > ACT has helped me a lot with just waiting.> > >> > >> > > Helena> > >> > >> > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Well, what is it you feel so challenged about waiting on? I'm serious. The

details help me too. This list serve isn't a poem. I want to know what you are

so struggling with--leave out the personal names and such but you are adept

enough to say what you are struggling with.

>

> I am alone.  I wait to be with people.  Can that happen?  I''m not sure.

>

> Waiting

>

>

> What is so hard for me to learn this week is waiting.  This week, I have been

challenged to do just that.

>

>  

>

> You sit back and you wait.

>

>  

>

>

>  

>

>

>  

>

> All the while, chomping at the bit, wanting to DO SOMETHING.

>

>  

>

> When there is absolutely nothing you can do, other than wait, that is what you

do.  That is all you can do.

>

>  

>

> It isn't easy.

>

>  

>

> ACT has helped me a lot with just waiting.

>

>  

>

> Helena

>

Guest guest

Would you like to say what you are struggling with, Helena?Waiting is fine if there's nothing you can do at the moment about whatever the problem is. But presumably you have more than one value, and you can't be waiting on all of them? Maybe work on something else? x To: ACT <act_for_the_public > Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012, 15:08 Subject: Waiting

It isn't easy.

Helena

Guest guest

This list serve isn't a judgment about poems, either. Or is it?

To: "ACT for the Public" <ACT_for_the_Public >Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 4:44:36 PMSubject: Re: Waiting

Well, what is it you feel so challenged about waiting on? I'm serious. The details help me too. This list serve isn't a poem. I want to know what you are so struggling with--leave out the personal names and such but you are adept enough to say what you are struggling with.>> I am alone. I wait to be with people. Can that happen? I''m not sure. > > Waiting > > > What is so hard for me to learn this week is waiting. This week, I have been challenged to do just that. > >  > > You sit back and you wait. > >  > > You sit back and you wait. > >  > > You sit back and you wait. > >  > > All the while, chomping at the bit, wanting to DO SOMETHING. > >  > > When there is absolutely nothing you can do, other than wait, that is what you do. That is all you can do. > >  > > It isn't easy. > >  > > ACT has helped me a lot with just waiting. > >  > > Helena>

Guest guest

How do I unsubscribe from this as it is making me unhappy :P To: ACT for the Public <ACT_for_the_Public > Sent: Monday, 19 March 2012 12:14 AM Subject: Re: Waiting

Thank you, . Your understanding means a lot.

Helena

To: "ACT for the Public" <ACT_for_the_Public >Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 10:06:55 AMSubject: Re: Waiting

No need to apologize in my world Helena. I know of no requirement for clarity. If this list is not a place where one can let loose of sense making for a benign moment, where is.

In fact, I liked your poem. I read it more than once. I could feel in it the heart of waiting and the press of urgency to "RESPOND!" I know that place well. Although I had no idea what your post was about in terms of content, I think I got the process piece.

Maybe not exactly what you meant, but a bit of process that is familiar and interesting to me.

best

G. 205 Peabody BuildingPsychology DepartmentUniversity of MississippiOxford, MS 38677ph: (best phone

academic homepage:www.olemiss.edu/working/kwilson/kwilson.htm

also check outwww.onelifellc.comwww.mindfulnessfortwo.comwww.facebook.com/kellygwilson

I'm sorry, and everyone, to be so ambiguous about this. I am going through something right now that I can't find the words for and don't quite know how to share. Thanks for the "wanting to help" and kindness I see in your replies. I realize it is rather unfair of me to put this out there like this ... incomplete and confusing. Just a few tough things to handle/process right now. I am feeling better - stronger - this morning after a good night's sleep. I reached out to this list to help me feel less alone, and it did help. I am, again, sorry to be so vague. Please know that I am - will be - OK. Thanks again.

Helena

To: "ACT for the Public" <ACT_for_the_Public >Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 5:04:43 PMSubject: Re: Waiting

Would you like to say what you are struggling with, Helena?

Waiting is fine if there's nothing you can do at the moment about whatever the problem is. But presumably you have more than one value, and you can't be waiting on all of them? Maybe work on something else?

x

To: ACT <act_for_the_public > Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012, 15:08Subject: Waiting

It isn't easy.

Helena

Guest guest

Send an email to:ACT_for_the_Public-unsubscribe In the body and subject line of the email, put the word "unsubscribe" That should do it.Jim

How do I unsubscribe from this as it is making me unhappy :P To: ACT for the Public <ACT_for_the_Public > Sent: Monday, 19 March 2012 12:14 AM Subject: Re: Waiting

Thank you, . Your understanding means a lot.

Helena

To: "ACT for the Public" <ACT_for_the_Public >Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 10:06:55 AMSubject: Re: Waiting

No need to apologize in my world Helena. I know of no requirement for clarity. If this list is not a place where one can let loose of sense making for a benign moment, where is.

In fact, I liked your poem. I read it more than once. I could feel in it the heart of waiting and the press of urgency to "RESPOND!" I know that place well. Although I had no idea what your post was about in terms of content, I think I got the process piece.

Maybe not exactly what you meant, but a bit of process that is familiar and interesting to me.

best

G. 205 Peabody BuildingPsychology DepartmentUniversity of MississippiOxford, MS 38677ph: (best phone

academic homepage:www.olemiss.edu/working/kwilson/kwilson.htm

also check outwww.onelifellc.comwww.mindfulnessfortwo.comwww.facebook.com/kellygwilson

I'm sorry, and everyone, to be so ambiguous about this. I am going through something right now that I can't find the words for and don't quite know how to share. Thanks for the "wanting to help" and kindness I see in your replies. I realize it is rather unfair of me to put this out there like this ... incomplete and confusing. Just a few tough things to handle/process right now. I am feeling better - stronger - this morning after a good night's sleep. I reached out to this list to help me feel less alone, and it did help. I am, again, sorry to be so vague. Please know that I am - will be - OK. Thanks again.

Helena

To: "ACT for the Public" <ACT_for_the_Public >Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 5:04:43 PMSubject: Re: Waiting

Would you like to say what you are struggling with, Helena?

Waiting is fine if there's nothing you can do at the moment about whatever the problem is. But presumably you have more than one value, and you can't be waiting on all of them? Maybe work on something else?

x

To: ACT <act_for_the_public > Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2012, 15:08Subject: Waiting

It isn't easy.

Helena