RemedySpot.com

Re: Walking Past Society

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That's cool.  What else can I say?  Just impressed.  Glad you shared.

Walking Past Society

My wakened eyes

View the naked faces

Of society passing me

In the street.

I comprehend with

An emptiness,

Mere flashes of blurred lives

Passing me by.

At times the people ibrate into my mind

So for just that moment

I'm filtered into the intricacies of their life;

The one that passed me.

Then when I walk slowly,

With my head full,

Confidence and serenity

Surround my world in a bubble.

Those faces liberate me

And I become a...

One in society.

Louise

Your not alone in those feelings. I to have had broken relationships more then

the lifetime ones that I have always wished and prayed to God for.

What helped me was to defuse from the thoughts of the past and the possibility

of more failures in the furture. Of course, just staying in the moment. I found

that I close my heart to myself and everyone thru these heartbrakes. Now I look

for ways to open my heart up to whoever comes my way. It makes me feel better; I

think I also made a few people smile too.

Lin

>

> Walking Past Society

>

> My wakened eyes

> View the naked faces

> Of society passing me

> In the street.

>

> I comprehend with

> An emptiness,

> Mere flashes of blurred lives

> Passing me by.

>

> At times the people ibrate into my mind

> So for just that moment

> I'm filtered into the intricacies of their life;

> The one that passed me.

>

> Then when I walk slowly,

> With my head full,

> Confidence and serenity

> Surround my world in a bubble.

>

> Those faces liberate me

> And I become a...

> One in society.

>

>

> Louise

>

Lin, although I'm sure it was a typo, I found it eye-opening that you spelled heartbreaks as heartbrakes. Putting the brakes on your heart after experiencing heartbreaks - yep, that's what can happen. No one wants to expose themselves to such pain again, so instead we shut down and put the brrakes on our hearts. It is only when we can learn to love ourselves and find it OK to be with ourselves without HAVING to be in an intimate love relationship with anyone else that the possibility even exists for that to happen. Staying open, keeping our hearts open to give love (especially to ourselves) and to receive love - that's key - I would go so far to say that's what living a fulfilled life is all about (it is for me, anyway).

Helena

To: "ACT for the Public" <ACT_for_the_Public >Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:47:55 AMSubject: Re: Walking Past Society

Your not alone in those feelings. I to have had broken relationships more then the lifetime ones that I have always wished and prayed to God for.What helped me was to defuse from the thoughts of the past and the possibility of more failures in the furture. Of course, just staying in the moment. I found that I close my heart to myself and everyone thru these heartbrakes. Now I look for ways to open my heart up to whoever comes my way. It makes me feel better; I think I also made a few people smile too.Lin>> Walking Past Society> > My wakened eyes > View the naked faces> Of society passing me> In the street.> > I comprehend with> An emptiness,> Mere flashes of blurred lives> Passing me by.> > At times the people ibrate into my mind> So for just that moment> I'm filtered into the intricacies of their life;> The one that passed me.> > Then when I walk slowly,> With my head full,> Confidence and serenity> Surround my world in a bubble.> > Those faces liberate me> And I become a...> One in society.> > > Louise>

Beautiful, Lou. I felt both sadness and hope while reading it. Re the last line, "And I become a...One in society." My mind finished it as "and I become ... one with society" - then I stopped and realized that you had written it differently - yet you felt liberated. Also, "Confidence and serenity surround my world in a bubble" - and I thought, but bubbles are fragile and they burst. Hmmmmm

So full of hope, yet a sense of deep aloneness permeates the words. It's hard to know the thoughts and feelings that go into someone else's writings ... I guess that's one of the joys of poetry; we interpret the words subjectively even though it may not be the same interpretation the writer intended.

If you want, I'd love to hear more about this poem and what it means to you. It really touched me.

Helena

From: "" <experiential2012@....au>To: "ACT for the Public" <ACT_for_the_Public >Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:12:47 AMSubject: Walking Past Society

Walking Past SocietyMy wakened eyes View the naked facesOf society passing meIn the street.I comprehend withAn emptiness,Mere flashes of blurred livesPassing me by.At times the people ibrate into my mindSo for just that momentI'm filtered into the intricacies of their life;The one that passed me.Then when I walk slowly,With my head full,Confidence and serenitySurround my world in a bubble.Those faces liberate meAnd I become a...One in society. Louise

Helena

Conicidence maybe not, because that is exactly what I do when I am faced with

the possibility of heartbreak- Put the breaks on that old heart. Too bad I dont

put the brakes on the food. Very interesting catch. Where are you from? Lunch

sounds better all the time.

Lin

> >

> > Walking Past Society

> >

> > My wakened eyes

> > View the naked faces

> > Of society passing me