RemedySpot.com

Re: Sufis and the observer self

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks Wanda and Kaivey.

Has anyone else got experience in integrating this sort of thing with ACT? Up

to recently I had struggled to the point of despair for quite a few months –

like too many tools to pick from in a crisis. But for the moment at least it all

seems to be sitting fairly comfortable and I get the impression that it's

reforming into something really helpful. I think it was when I threw in the

towel and gave up struggling because my head was spinning, that it all seemed

to gel rather than confuse – defusion, mindfulness, a bit of mysticism - more

like whatever comes to hand now. Seems less of struggle to know what to do in a

crisis than it was. Any thoughts anyone?

Anne

> >

> > This is my first post on this listing and I really honestly don't mean

> to offend those who want any `spirituality' mixed in with ACT. But I

> feel you can read this extraordinary Sufi poem any which way, edit it,

> extract from it or whatever. (If it's too scary maybe stop before the

> final verse.) To me it's the observer self, the present moment, whatever

> that means – it's all words - and it helps to pull me back to now

> and integrates beautifully with ACT. I hope one or two folk might get

> something from it. For me it shifts my perspective in a really powerful

> way, pulls me back to where I am, at least for a moment. I feel these

> guys really knew a thing or two and it seemed to come out of personal

> observed experience rather than just doctrine or dogma.

> >

> > Posted with love from France - don't be too hard on me.

> > Anne

> >

> >

> >

> > I cannot say who it is I am

> > I am amazed, I am amazed!

> >

> > I cannot call this self 'myself'

> >

> > Who is in my eyes seeing?

> > Who is in my heart enduring?

> > Who is inhaling and exhaling?

> >

> > Who is speaking with my tongue?

> > Who is listening with my ears?

> > Who is understanding with my mind?

> >

> > Who is stepping with these feet?

> > Who is tasting with my mouth?

> > Who is chewing and who swallowing?

> >

> > Who holds these riches in his hand?

> > Who is the one throwing them away?

> > Who is buying and who selling?

> >

> > Why is there life coursing below my skin?

> > Why are my eyes bloodshot from crying?

> > Why this religion, why this faith?

> >

> > O Seyyid Nizamoglu, hear this:

> > Everything comes from the One.

> > Abandon yourself to this mighty beauty

> >

> > (The Path of Amazement by Seyyid Seyfullah Nizamoglu English version

> by Ferraro and Latif Bolat Original Language Turkish)

> >

>

Guest guest

I think "The Guest House" is a Sufi poem, isn't it? It has been posted before, but I will repost for newcomers. x "The Guest House"This being human is a guest-house.Every morning a new arrival.A joy, a depression, a meanness,some momentary awareness comesas an unexpected visitor.Welcome and entertain them all!Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,Who violently sweep your houseempty of its furniture.still, treat each guest honorably.He may be clearing youout for some new delight.The dark thought, the shame, the malice,meet them at the door laughing,and invite them in.Be grateful for whoever comes,because each has been sentas a guide from

beyond. To: ACT_for_the_Public Sent: Tuesday, 10 April 2012, 20:39 Subject: Re: Sufis and the observer self

Thanks Wanda and Kaivey.

Has anyone else got experience in integrating this sort of thing with ACT? Up to recently I had struggled to the point of despair for quite a few months – like too many tools to pick from in a crisis. But for the moment at least it all seems to be sitting fairly comfortable and I get the impression that it's reforming into something really helpful. I think it was when I threw in the towel and gave up struggling because my head was spinning, that it all seemed to gel rather than confuse – defusion, mindfulness, a bit of mysticism - more like whatever comes to hand now. Seems less of struggle to know what to do in a crisis than it was. Any thoughts anyone?

Anne

> >

> > This is my first post on this listing and I really honestly don't mean

> to offend those who want any `spirituality' mixed in with ACT. But I

> feel you can read this extraordinary Sufi poem any which way, edit it,

> extract from it or whatever. (If it's too scary maybe stop before the

> final verse.) To me it's the observer self, the present moment, whatever

> that means – it's all words - and it helps to pull me back to now

> and integrates beautifully with ACT. I hope one or two folk might get

> something from it. For me it shifts my perspective in a really powerful

> way, pulls me back to where I am, at least for a moment. I feel these

> guys really knew a thing or two and it seemed to come out of personal

> observed experience rather than just doctrine or dogma.

> >

> > Posted with love from France - don't be too hard on me.

> > Anne

> >

> >

> >

> > I cannot say who it is I am

> >

> > I cannot call this self 'myself'

> >

> > Who is in my eyes seeing?

> > Who is in my heart enduring?

> > Who is inhaling and exhaling?

> >

> > Who is speaking with my tongue?

> > Who is listening with my ears?

> > Who is understanding with my mind?

> >

> > Who is stepping with these feet?

> > Who is tasting with my mouth?

> > Who is chewing and who swallowing?

> >

> > Who holds these riches in his hand?

> > Who is the one throwing them away?

> > Who is buying and who selling?

> >

> > Why is there life coursing below my skin?

> > Why are my eyes bloodshot from crying?

> > Why this religion, why this faith?

> >

> > O Seyyid Nizamoglu, hear this:

> > Everything comes from the One.

> > Abandon yourself to this mighty beauty

> >

> > (The Path of Amazement by Seyyid Seyfullah Nizamoglu English version

> by Ferraro and Latif Bolat Original Language Turkish)

> >

>

Guest guest

Wow, this is being printed as I write and will be stuck on my wall! Doesn't get

much better than this for me. Thanks .

Anne x

> > >

> > > This is my first post on this listing and I really honestly don't mean

> > to offend those who want any `spirituality' mixed in with ACT. But I

> > feel you can read this extraordinary Sufi poem any which way, edit it,

> > extract from it or whatever. (If it's too scary maybe stop before the

> > final verse.) To me it's the observer self, the present moment, whatever

> > that means †" it's all words - and it helps to pull me back to now

> > and integrates beautifully with ACT. I hope one or two folk might get

> > something from it. For me it shifts my perspective in a really powerful

> > way, pulls me back to where I am, at least for a moment. I feel these

> > guys really knew a thing or two and it seemed to come out of personal

> > observed experience rather than just doctrine or dogma.

> > >

> > > Posted with love from France - don't be too hard on me.

> > > Anne

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I cannot say who it is I am

> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!

> > >

> > > I cannot call this self 'myself'

> > >

> > > Who is in my eyes seeing?

> > > Who is in my heart enduring?

> > > Who is inhaling and exhaling?

> > >

> > > Who is speaking with my tongue?

> > > Who is listening with my ears?

> > > Who is understanding with my mind?

> > >

> > > Who is stepping with these feet?

> > > Who is tasting with my mouth?

> > > Who is chewing and who swallowing?

> > >

> > > Who holds these riches in his hand?

> > > Who is the one throwing them away?

> > > Who is buying and who selling?

> > >

> > > Why is there life coursing below my skin?

> > > Why are my eyes bloodshot from crying?

> > > Why this religion, why this faith?

> > >

> > > O Seyyid Nizamoglu, hear this:

> > > Everything comes from the One.

> > > Abandon yourself to this mighty beauty

> > >

> > > (The Path of Amazement by Seyyid Seyfullah Nizamoglu English version

> > by Ferraro and Latif Bolat Original Language Turkish)

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

In my descent into hell last week, where all these suppressed feelings just burst out, I had no interest in beer at all. I just wanted to be with the pain, and so the thought of drink was entirely noxious to me. Normally, apart form anxiety and fear, I have very shallow emotions most of the time, and so feeling terribly sad, dreadfully lonely, entirely empty, utterly depressed, with feelings of loss for the much loved women I let go of in the past, mourning for lost parents, their sweet house (where I lived most of my life), their lovely lttle dog, and feelings that life was completely pointless, did make me feel alive in some way.

Well, it looked like I welcomed a whole host of horrible things into my `Guest House' last week. And although it was one of the worst things I have ever experienced (believe me, I'm not kidding), the part of it where I felt this deep loneliness and sad emptiness, had something quite nice about it in a way. It was like healing pains which made me feel that I could be loved and be very close to someone again one day. So I craved to be with my sweet girlfriend and make her happy.

I once read that feeling sad is to feel glad. It probably makes no sense to most people, but it does to me. Before becoming so emotionally dead, I used to like sadness because it made me yearn to find someone really nice. Such wonderful lovely dreams.

This loneliness, by El Perro Del Mar, got me crying quite a bit last week:

Kv

If you liked the above song, this is nice too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjhHNNLOrXc--- In ACT_for_the_Public , Robson wrote:>> I think "The Guest House" is a Sufi poem, isn't it? It has been posted before, but I will repost for newcomers.>  > x>  > "The Guest House"> > This being human is a guest-house.> Every morning a new arrival.> A joy, a depression, a meanness,> some momentary awareness comes> as an unexpected visitor.> Welcome and entertain them all!> Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,> Who violently sweep your house> empty of its furniture.> still, treat each guest honorably.> He may be clearing you> out for some new delight.> The dark thought, the shame, the malice,> meet them at the door laughing,> and invite them in.> Be grateful for whoever comes,> because each has been sent> as a guide from beyond.> > > > ________________________________> To: ACT_for_the_Public > Sent: Tuesday, 10 April 2012, 20:39> Subject: Re: Sufis and the observer self> > > >  > > Thanks Wanda and Kaivey.> > Has anyone else got experience in integrating this sort of thing with ACT? Up to recently I had struggled to the point of despair for quite a few months â€" like too many tools to pick from in a crisis. But for the moment at least it all seems to be sitting fairly comfortable and I get the impression that it's reforming into something really helpful. I think it was when I threw in the towel and gave up struggling because my head was spinning, that it all seemed to gel rather than confuse â€" defusion, mindfulness, a bit of mysticism - more like whatever comes to hand now. Seems less of struggle to know what to do in a crisis than it was. Any thoughts anyone?> > Anne> > > > >> > > This is my first post on this listing and I really honestly don't mean> > to offend those who want any `spirituality' mixed in with ACT. But I> > feel you can read this extraordinary Sufi poem any which way, edit it,> > extract from it or whatever. (If it's too scary maybe stop before the> > final verse.) To me it's the observer self, the present moment, whatever> > that means â€" it's all words - and it helps to pull me back to now> > and integrates beautifully with ACT. I hope one or two folk might get> > something from it. For me it shifts my perspective in a really powerful> > way, pulls me back to where I am, at least for a moment. I feel these> > guys really knew a thing or two and it seemed to come out of personal> > observed experience rather than just doctrine or dogma.> > >> > > Posted with love from France - don't be too hard on me.> > > Anne> > >> > >> > >> > > I cannot say who it is I am> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > I cannot call this self 'myself'> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > Who is in my eyes seeing?> > > Who is in my heart enduring?> > > Who is inhaling and exhaling?> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > Who is speaking with my tongue?> > > Who is listening with my ears?> > > Who is understanding with my mind?> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > Who is stepping with these feet?> > > Who is tasting with my mouth?> > > Who is chewing and who swallowing?> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > Who holds these riches in his hand?> > > Who is the one throwing them away?> > > Who is buying and who selling?> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > Why is there life coursing below my skin?> > > Why are my eyes bloodshot from crying?> > > Why this religion, why this faith?> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > O Seyyid Nizamoglu, hear this:> > > Everything comes from the One.> > > Abandon yourself to this mighty beauty> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > (The Path of Amazement by Seyyid Seyfullah Nizamoglu English version> > by Ferraro and Latif Bolat Original Language Turkish)> > >> >>

Guest guest

Yes, I think I know the pain of healing, as distinct from the pain of suffering (or something like that).I feel that the enormous pain I am having at work might actually be a form of acceptance. Accepting some things (like the humility of needing help, and being out of your depth) is hurtful, and yet maybe this is important for me in the long-run. Maybe, just maybe, I am experiencing a fleeting glimpse of that "voyage of discovery" quote. Going on such a voyage is not to go to new places, but to see old things with new eyes. Can I experience my stress with new eyes?I have been doing meditation for the first ever time, after my university's counselling service (they have a confidential counselling service

- I am seriously impressed!) suggested I give it a try. If mindfulness is an important skill (I think we all agree it is) then I am expecting meditation to be a way of making sure that I practice this skill regularly. Otherwise, I just don't do it. Maybe this will help.Ever hopeful? x To: ACT_for_the_Public Sent: Wednesday, 11 April 2012, 21:11 Subject: Re: Sufis and the observer self

In my descent into hell last week, where all these suppressed feelings just burst out, I had no interest in beer at all. I just wanted to be with the pain, and so the thought of drink was entirely noxious to me. Normally, apart form anxiety and fear, I have very shallow emotions most of the time, and so feeling terribly sad, dreadfully lonely, entirely empty, utterly depressed, with feelings of loss for the much loved women I let go of in the past, mourning for lost parents, their sweet house (where I lived most of my life), their lovely lttle dog, and feelings that life was completely pointless, did make me feel alive in some way. Well, it looked like I welcomed a whole host of horrible things into my `Guest House' last week. And although it was one of the worst things I have ever experienced (believe me, I'm not kidding), the part of it where I felt this deep loneliness and sad emptiness, had something quite nice about it in a way. It was like healing pains which made me feel that I could be loved and be very close to someone again one day. So I craved to be with my sweet girlfriend and make her happy. I once read that feeling sad is to feel glad. It probably makes no sense to most people, but it does to me. Before becoming so emotionally dead, I used to like sadness because it made me yearn to find someone really nice. Such wonderful lovely dreams.

Kv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjhHNNLOrXc--- In ACT_for_the_Public , Robson wrote:>> I think "The Guest House" is a Sufi poem, isn't it? It has been posted before, but I will repost for newcomers.>  > x>  > "The Guest House"> > This being human is a guest-house.> Every morning a new arrival.> A joy, a depression, a meanness,> some momentary awareness comes> as an unexpected visitor.> Welcome and entertain them all!> Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,> Who violently sweep your house> empty of its furniture.> still, treat each guest honorably.> He may be clearing you> out for some new delight.> The dark thought, the shame, the malice,> meet

them at the door laughing,> and invite them in.> Be grateful for whoever comes,> because each has been sent> as a guide from beyond.> > > > ________________________________> To: ACT_for_the_Public > Sent: Tuesday, 10 April 2012, 20:39> Subject: Re: Sufis and the observer self> > > >  > > Thanks Wanda and Kaivey.> > Has anyone else got experience in integrating this sort of thing with ACT? Up to recently I had struggled to the point of despair for quite a few months â€" like too many tools to pick from in a crisis. But for the moment at least it all seems to be sitting fairly comfortable and I get the impression that it's reforming into something really helpful. I think it was when I threw in the towel and gave up struggling

because my head was spinning, that it all seemed to gel rather than confuse â€" defusion, mindfulness, a bit of mysticism - more like whatever comes to hand now. Seems less of struggle to know what to do in a crisis than it was. Any thoughts anyone?> > Anne> > > > >> > > This is my first post on this listing and I

really honestly don't mean> > to offend those who want any `spirituality' mixed in with ACT. But I> > feel you can read this extraordinary Sufi poem any which way, edit it,> > extract from it or whatever. (If it's too scary maybe stop before the> > final verse.) To me it's the observer self, the present moment, whatever> > that means â€" it's all words - and it helps to pull me back to now> > and integrates beautifully with ACT. I hope one or two folk might get> > something from it. For me it shifts my perspective in a really powerful> > way, pulls me back to where I am, at least for a moment. I feel these> > guys really knew a thing or two and it seemed to come out of personal> > observed experience rather than just doctrine or dogma.> > >> > > Posted with love from France - don't be too hard on me.> > >

Anne> > >> > >> > >> > > I cannot say who it is I am> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > I cannot call this self 'myself'> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > Who is in my eyes seeing?> > > Who is in my heart enduring?> > > Who is inhaling and exhaling?> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > Who is speaking with my tongue?> > > Who is listening with my ears?> > > Who is understanding with my mind?> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > Who is stepping with these feet?> > > Who is tasting with my mouth?> > > Who is chewing and who swallowing?> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > Who holds these riches in his

hand?> > > Who is the one throwing them away?> > > Who is buying and who selling?> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > Why is there life coursing below my skin?> > > Why are my eyes bloodshot from crying?> > > Why this religion, why this faith?> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > O Seyyid Nizamoglu, hear this:> > > Everything comes from the One.> > > Abandon yourself to this mighty beauty> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > (The Path of Amazement by Seyyid Seyfullah Nizamoglu English version> > by Ferraro and Latif Bolat Original Language Turkish)> > >> >>

Guest guest

Hi ,

You might want to have a look at www.bemindful.co.uk

Simone

To: "ACT_for_the_Public " <ACT_for_the_Public > Sent: Thursday, 12 April 2012, 15:39Subject: Re: Re: Sufis and the observer self

Yes, I think I know the pain of healing, as distinct from the pain of suffering (or something like that).

I feel that the enormous pain I am having at work might actually be a form of acceptance. Accepting some things (like the humility of needing help, and being out of your depth) is hurtful, and yet maybe this is important for me in the long-run. Maybe, just maybe, I am experiencing a fleeting glimpse of that "voyage of discovery" quote. Going on such a voyage is not to go to new places, but to see old things with new eyes. Can I experience my stress with new eyes?

I have been doing meditation for the first ever time, after my university's counselling service (they have a confidential counselling service - I am seriously impressed!) suggested I give it a try. If mindfulness is an important skill (I think we all agree it is) then I am expecting meditation to be a way of making sure that I practice this skill regularly. Otherwise, I just don't do it. Maybe this will help.

Ever hopeful?

x

To: ACT_for_the_Public Sent: Wednesday, 11 April 2012, 21:11Subject: Re: Sufis and the observer self

In my descent into hell last week, where all these suppressed feelings just burst out, I had no interest in beer at all. I just wanted to be with the pain, and so the thought of drink was entirely noxious to me. Normally, apart form anxiety and fear, I have very shallow emotions most of the time, and so feeling terribly sad, dreadfully lonely, entirely empty, utterly depressed, with feelings of loss for the much loved women I let go of in the past, mourning for lost parents, their sweet house (where I lived most of my life), their lovely lttle dog, and feelings that life was completely pointless, did make me feel alive in some way.

Well, it looked like I welcomed a whole host of horrible things into my `Guest House' last week. And although it was one of the worst things I have ever experienced (believe me, I'm not kidding), the part of it where I felt this deep loneliness and sad emptiness, had something quite nice about it in a way. It was like healing pains which made me feel that I could be loved and be very close to someone again one day. So I craved to be with my sweet girlfriend and make her happy.

I once read that feeling sad is to feel glad. It probably makes no sense to most people, but it does to me. Before becoming so emotionally dead, I used to like sadness because it made me yearn to find someone really nice. Such wonderful lovely dreams.

Kv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjhHNNLOrXc--- In ACT_for_the_Public , Robson wrote:>> I think "The Guest House" is a Sufi poem, isn't it? It has been posted before, but I will repost for newcomers.>  > x>  > "The Guest House"> > This being human is a guest-house.> Every morning a new arrival.> A joy, a depression, a meanness,> some momentary awareness comes> as an unexpected visitor.> Welcome and entertain them all!> Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,> Who violently sweep your house> empty of its furniture.> still, treat each guest honorably.> He may be clearing you> out for some new delight.> The dark thought, the shame, the malice,> meet them

at the door laughing,> and invite them in.> Be grateful for whoever comes,> because each has been sent> as a guide from beyond.> > > > ________________________________> To: ACT_for_the_Public > Sent: Tuesday, 10 April 2012, 20:39> Subject: Re: Sufis and the observer self> > > >  > > Thanks Wanda and Kaivey.> > Has anyone else got experience in integrating this sort of thing with ACT? Up to recently I had struggled to the point of despair for quite a few months â€" like too many tools to pick from in a crisis. But for the moment at least it all seems to be sitting fairly comfortable and I get the impression that it's reforming into something really helpful. I think it was when I threw in the towel and gave up struggling because

my head was spinning, that it all seemed to gel rather than confuse â€" defusion, mindfulness, a bit of mysticism - more like whatever comes to hand now. Seems less of struggle to know what to do in a crisis than it was. Any thoughts anyone?> > Anne> > > > >> > > This is my first post on this listing and I really

honestly don't mean> > to offend those who want any `spirituality' mixed in with ACT. But I> > feel you can read this extraordinary Sufi poem any which way, edit it,> > extract from it or whatever. (If it's too scary maybe stop before the> > final verse.) To me it's the observer self, the present moment, whatever> > that means â€" it's all words - and it helps to pull me back to now> > and integrates beautifully with ACT. I hope one or two folk might get> > something from it. For me it shifts my perspective in a really powerful> > way, pulls me back to where I am, at least for a moment. I feel these> > guys really knew a thing or two and it seemed to come out of personal> > observed experience rather than just doctrine or dogma.> > >> > > Posted with love from France - don't be too hard on me.> > > Anne>

> >> > >> > >> > > I cannot say who it is I am> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > I cannot call this self 'myself'> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > Who is in my eyes seeing?> > > Who is in my heart enduring?> > > Who is inhaling and exhaling?> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > Who is speaking with my tongue?> > > Who is listening with my ears?> > > Who is understanding with my mind?> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > Who is stepping with these feet?> > > Who is tasting with my mouth?> > > Who is chewing and who swallowing?> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > Who holds these riches in his hand?> > >

Who is the one throwing them away?> > > Who is buying and who selling?> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > Why is there life coursing below my skin?> > > Why are my eyes bloodshot from crying?> > > Why this religion, why this faith?> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > O Seyyid Nizamoglu, hear this:> > > Everything comes from the One.> > > Abandon yourself to this mighty beauty> > > I am amazed, I am amazed!> > >> > > (The Path of Amazement by Seyyid Seyfullah Nizamoglu English version> > by Ferraro and Latif Bolat Original Language Turkish)> > >> >>

Guest guest

That sounds, terrific, , scary though, well this stuff is for me it

is anyway.

This week has been really hard for me as I felt my persona cracking and

my world starting to fall apart, but I allowed these things to be,

carryon with my tasks. At the end of the day I was pleased with what I

had managed to do, despite my world collapsing inside.

I remember when once my world went all cubic and really strange, where

everdyday objects did not look right, and I couldn't figure out my

engineering diagrams where suddenly everything looked as if it was wired

totally differently to how it had always been. This was just complete

barmy and I knew I was breaking down. At this point I felt complete

disintegration and that I was not up to the job, that I was finished,

and I was useless, and wil never be right again. But although I panicked

white white knuckle ride fear, I just kept studying the drawings until

it suddenly they all fell into place and the world started to look right

again. . Despite going into a complete nervous breakdown that, day,

where I strarted to hear the ambulance sirens going away in my head as

they rushed towards my place of work, I finished it in a fairly good

state of mind

The thing is, when you know that acceptance and going through these

things can really work, because they have been testd scientifically and

empirically, you have the faith and confidence to keep with it. Despite

enormous suffering today, where my boss was ruthless to me again

seriously underminding me which torn me up, I was not adding fear to

fear, and then I felt this calm despite the storm. And in the end the

storm just seemed to go away for quite a while. Wow! Now that felt

powerful, because I had a real tool (acceptance) and it worked.

Kv

> > > >

> > > > This is my first post on this listing and I really honestly

don't mean

> > > to offend those who want any `spirituality' mixed in with ACT. But

I

> > > feel you can read this extraordinary Sufi poem any which way, edit

it,

> > > extract from it or whatever. (If it's too scary maybe stop before

the

> > > final verse.) To me it's the observer self, the present moment,

whatever

> > > that means †" it's all words - and it helps to pull me

back to now

> > > and integrates beautifully with ACT. I hope one or two folk might

get

> > > something from it. For me it shifts my perspective in a really

powerful

> > > way, pulls me back to where I am, at least for a moment. I feel

these

> > > guys really knew a thing or two and it seemed to come out of

personal

> > > observed experience rather than just doctrine or dogma.

> > > >

> > > > Posted with love from France - don't be too hard on me.

> > > > Anne

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I cannot say who it is I am

> > > > I am amazed, I am amazed!

> > > >

> > > > I cannot call this self 'myself'

> > > >

> > > > Who is in my eyes seeing?

> > > > Who is in my heart enduring?

> > > > Who is inhaling and exhaling?

> > > >

> > > > Who is speaking with my tongue?

> > > > Who is listening with my ears?

> > > > Who is understanding with my mind?

> > > >

> > > > Who is stepping with these feet?

> > > > Who is tasting with my mouth?

> > > > Who is chewing and who swallowing?

> > > >

> > > > Who holds these riches in his hand?

> > > > Who is the one throwing them away?

> > > > Who is buying and who selling?

> > > >

> > > > Why is there life coursing below my skin?

> > > > Why are my eyes bloodshot from crying?

> > > > Why this religion, why this faith?

> > > >

> > > > O Seyyid Nizamoglu, hear this:

> > > > Everything comes from the One.

> > > > Abandon yourself to this mighty beauty

> > > >

> > > > (The Path of Amazement by Seyyid Seyfullah Nizamoglu English

version

> > > by Ferraro and Latif Bolat Original Language Turkish)

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Lovely, kv. It is all scary, but maybe not quite as scary as I had imagined it would be.(Simone, thanks very much for the link. I'll take a good look at those resources.) To: ACT_for_the_Public Sent: Thursday, 12

April 2012, 17:18 Subject: Re: Sufis and the observer self

That sounds, terrific, , scary though, well this stuff is for me it

is anyway.

This week has been really hard for me as I felt my persona cracking and

my world starting to fall apart, but I allowed these things to be,

carryon with my tasks. At the end of the day I was pleased with what I

had managed to do, despite my world collapsing inside.

I remember when once my world went all cubic and really strange, where

everdyday objects did not look right, and I couldn't figure out my

engineering diagrams where suddenly everything looked as if it was wired

totally differently to how it had always been. This was just complete

barmy and I knew I was breaking down. At this point I felt complete

disintegration and that I was not up to the job, that I was finished,

and I was useless, and wil never be right again. But although I panicked

white white knuckle ride fear, I just kept studying the drawings until

it suddenly they all fell into place and the world started to look right

again. . Despite going into a complete nervous breakdown that, day,

where I strarted to hear the ambulance sirens going away in my head as

they rushed towards my place of work, I finished it in a fairly good

state of mind

The thing is, when you know that acceptance and going through these

things can really work, because they have been testd scientifically and

empirically, you have the faith and confidence to keep with it. Despite

enormous suffering today, where my boss was ruthless to me again

seriously underminding me which torn me up, I was not adding fear to

fear, and then I felt this calm despite the storm. And in the end the

storm just seemed to go away for quite a while. Wow! Now that felt

powerful, because I had a real tool (acceptance) and it worked.

Kv

> > > >

> > > > This is my first post on this listing and I really honestly

don't mean

> > > to offend those who want any `spirituality' mixed in with ACT. But

I

> > > feel you can read this extraordinary Sufi poem any which way, edit

it,

> > > extract from it or whatever. (If it's too scary maybe stop before

the

> > > final verse.) To me it's the observer self, the present moment,

whatever

> > > that means â€" it's all words - and it helps to pull me

back to now

> > > and integrates beautifully with ACT. I hope one or two folk might

get

> > > something from it. For me it shifts my perspective in a really

powerful

> > > way, pulls me back to where I am, at least for a moment. I feel

these

> > > guys really knew a thing or two and it seemed to come out of

personal

> > > observed experience rather than just doctrine or dogma.

> > > >

> > > > Posted with love from France - don't be too hard on me.

> > > > Anne

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I cannot say who it is I am

> > > >

> > > > I cannot call this self 'myself'

> > > >

> > > > Who is in my eyes seeing?

> > > > Who is in my heart enduring?

> > > > Who is inhaling and exhaling?

> > > >

> > > > Who is speaking with my tongue?

> > > > Who is listening with my ears?

> > > > Who is understanding with my mind?

> > > >

> > > > Who is stepping with these feet?

> > > > Who is tasting with my mouth?

> > > > Who is chewing and who swallowing?

> > > >

> > > > Who holds these riches in his hand?

> > > > Who is the one throwing them away?

> > > > Who is buying and who selling?

> > > >

> > > > Why is there life coursing below my skin?

> > > > Why are my eyes bloodshot from crying?

> > > > Why this religion, why this faith?

> > > >

> > > > O Seyyid Nizamoglu, hear this:

> > > > Everything comes from the One.

> > > > Abandon yourself to this mighty beauty

> > > >

> > > > (The Path of Amazement by Seyyid Seyfullah Nizamoglu English

version

> > > by Ferraro and Latif Bolat Original Language Turkish)

> > > >

> > >

> >

>