RemedySpot.com

Showering with a stink bug

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I took a shower with a stink bug this morning - "hello there Stinky" (yeah, I talk to bugs). The weather has been unusually warm here, and I guess they are coming out of hibernation, or whatever. I don't like them, but they don't horrify me like thousand-leggers or roaches do.

Thing is, you can't squash a stink bug without it eliciting a nasty stink. Plus, I don't like killing. Anything. So I gently removed the offending critter with a paper towel and released it outside. I didn't get kill it but I got it out of my environment.

It made me think ... that is what we can do with our stinky thoughts. Capturing the stink bug with a paper towel and releasing it is like defusion. The stink is gone for now and we can breathe the air deeply. There may be another stink bug (thought) to deal with tomorrow. And maybe we won't have a paper towel handy. Learning defusion in ACT is kinda like keeping paper towels in stock and very close by.

H