> (But you might find it hard to watch this if you dislike baboons as

much

> as I do).

>

> It shows how depression and anxiety can be passed on through families

> but not through genes, but by epigentics (the programing of our

genes).

> But this can be undone when we become more happy and relaxed with

> ourselves and other people. Socially dominent people (and baboons)

seem

> to suffer far less stress but they too die early, but when we become

> warm hearted, relaxed, unaggressive, more confident about ourselves,

and

> gregarious, we can recover and then go on to live long and healthy

lives

> too.

>

>

> <

>

> Kv

>

Guest guest

Hi KvI am just a day old in this group, and had just hit bottom of another cyclein my struggle within mind and life.This simple introduction to the documentary itself elevates my mood instantaneously.As I try to use ACT to transform hatred towards my mom for "killing my life", I wishall would learn to love all and your dislike towards baboons be transformed.Thanks you KvTHOMAS C >> > I wasn't sure if whether to put this out but at the end this documentary> on stress offers a lot of hope. Chronic stress shortens your life but> when we become more relaxed and happy our body starts to heal from the> damage and even our genes get repaired and a long life can be regained.> (But you might find it hard to watch this if you dislike baboons as much> as I do).> > It shows how depression and anxiety can be passed on through families> but not through genes, but by epigentics (the programing of our genes).> But this can be undone when we become more happy and relaxed with> ourselves and other people. Socially dominent people (and baboons) seem> to suffer far less stress but they too die early, but when we become> warm hearted, relaxed, unaggressive, more confident about ourselves, and> gregarious, we can recover and then go on to live long and healthy lives> too.> >

<
> Kv>

Guest guest

This is the last of my posts on this subject for a while as I know you tire from this ubject easily, but for me this is terribly interesting and generates lots of hope that I can fully recover.

Back in the 60's and 70's Professor Eysenck (genetic determinism) and Professor Reuven Feuerstein (environment influences) were in polar opposite camps but most of the worlds scientists agreed with Eysenck. But Professor Reuven Feuerstein won outright. We truly live in exciting times as the new science is so optimistic.

Professor say's:

Feuerstein says it is his outlook on life that has led to his achievements. "If you have two alternatives, don't make the pessimistic choice. Always choose like an optimist. At least that will bring you to action, to test the waters. If you take the pessimistic route, you'll never accomplish anything. Even if you don't think you'll reach the highest levels, you still have to try to climb up."

Professor Reuven Feuerstein has changed the lives of thousands of disabled children around the world.

Extract:

Feuerstein's success stories are inspiring. They include the drama teacher who was brought to him as a child with an IQ of 60, and the mentally limited girl who finished regular high school, was an editor of the yearbook and became a parachutist. Then there is Kinsley, a young man with Down Syndrome who wrote the book Count Me In. And Roman Aldubi, the yeshiva student whose skull and brain were smashed in a terrorist ambush of a youth group. Despite the doctors' dire predictions that he'd remain a vegetable if he survived, Roman functions normally and works in computers,

Many of Professor Feuerstein's clients are Down Syndrome children, once routinely institutionalized for belief that they could not function normally in society. Feuerstein has proved the experts wrong. Many of his clients attend regular schools and reach a moderate level of self-sufficiency.

Feuerstein doesn't believe in IQ tests, which he says indicate what the child has learned, not what he's capable of learning. To Feuerstein, the key is to discover the barriers to a child's learning so that they can be bypassed.

http://www.aish.com/jw/id/48914587.html

Kv

> >> >> > I wasn't sure if whether to put this out but at the end this> documentary> > on stress offers a lot of hope. Chronic stress shortens your life but> > when we become more relaxed and happy our body starts to heal from the> > damage and even our genes get repaired and a long life can be> regained.> > (But you might find it hard to watch this if you dislike baboons as> much> > as I do).> >> > It shows how depression and anxiety can be passed on through families> > but not through genes, but by epigentics (the programing of our> genes).> > But this can be undone when we become more happy and relaxed with> > ourselves and other people. Socially dominent people (and baboons)> seem> > to suffer far less stress but they too die early, but when we become> > warm hearted, relaxed, unaggressive, more confident about ourselves,> and> > gregarious, we can recover and then go on to live long and healthy> lives> > too.> >> >

> <
>> > Kv> >>

Guest guest

Ha, Baboons - " Scheming Machiavellian Bastards "

> > >

> > >

> > > I wasn't sure if whether to put this out but at the end this

> > documentary

> > > on stress offers a lot of hope. Chronic stress shortens your life

> but

> > > when we become more relaxed and happy our body starts to heal from

> the

> > > damage and even our genes get repaired and a long life can be

> > regained.

> > > (But you might find it hard to watch this if you dislike baboons as

> > much

> > > as I do).

> > >

> > > It shows how depression and anxiety can be passed on through

> families

> > > but not through genes, but by epigentics (the programing of our

> > genes).

> > > But this can be undone when we become more happy and relaxed with

> > > ourselves and other people. Socially dominent people (and baboons)

> > seem

> > > to suffer far less stress but they too die early, but when we become

> > > warm hearted, relaxed, unaggressive, more confident about ourselves,

> > and

> > > gregarious, we can recover and then go on to live long and healthy

> > lives

> > > too.

> > >

> > >

> > > <

> > >

> > > Kv

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Kv, hopefully if someone is tiring " " from this subject easily, but for me

this is terribly interesting and generates lots of hope that I can fully

recover. " " they can just skip over these kinds of posts.

I really appreciate all of your research very much.

I am half way through 20 treatment session with TMS Transcranial Magnetic

Stimulation and, superstitiously don't want to say this out loud, am

experiencing some relief from MMD major depressive disorder. Neuroplasty is

definitely a significant direction to be going.

Of course my doctor explained that this procedure can only help my brain's

hardware, but can't change the way I think. ACT, CBT, DBT changing the way I

think. Wanda