RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: what does it mean by heart felt desire?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Are you from melbourne.australia.wendy.

Sent from Yahoo!7 Mail on Android

warriorprincessz ;

To:

<ACT_for_the_Public >;

Subject:

Re: what does it mean by heart felt desire?

Sent:

Sun, Apr 29, 2012 2:06:43 PM

Thank you for that book excerpt, I found it very useful, as I do anything that plops out of 's mouth here. I am learning from this whole thread so thanks for starting it.

in Australia

Guest guest

Hi, by naivity you mean, being in a place where your not thinking, almost being out of your thoughts not listening to what your mind says,being nothing,being naive, relying on intuition, to help you some times.

theresa.linder@... ;

To:

<ACT_for_the_Public >;

Subject:

Sent:

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 10:39:51 PM

, I'm sorry about your funk. I can relate to that. Your experience/story of that time in our country is different than mine. The sixties and early seventies for me were not just a time of cynicism. It was cynicism + idealism for me... Looking for a way to carry both meaningfully forward. It seemed right to me somehow that even though there was so much angst and turmoil, people (my parents, older siblings) were equally attempting to meet the task with a new voice, reaching for what matters in a serious way. It was a great example of values pursuing through the pain. Of the bittersweet experience we all have daily. The flower that suddenly spurts up in the hard sidewalk crack. I did not know then just how much that would affect my future. But that experience allowed me to keep open to things like EST and then ACT and ultimately to standing with who I am. Of course I'm still learning and have a long way to go.

I choose naivety today as well, but it is a more informed sort than it was in years gone by. It is my mind's desire to return to an impossible ignorant naivety that does me a continued dis-service.

peace,

terry

>

> Having spent many years as a very active cynic...I mean I grew up in the freakin '60's, came of age in the midst of the Vietnam war, Watergate, the slaughter of JFK, Bobbie, Malcolm, ....and on. It very nearly killed me. And, although there is plenty to be cynical about, these days I choose sentimental, I have adopted a sort of chosen optimism, a chosen naivety.....for no good reason. In fact, it is likely quite unreasonable. And, I chose anyhow.

>

> Doesn't mean I always feel that way, but I have learned to practice, to stay the course, and over the long haul, I like this better than the life I had before.

>

> I have been in a pretty deep funk for the past few weeks. I have kept my feet moving and just the last day or so, the soul-weather seems to be clearing a bit. Lovely to get a bit of sun. And, I do not expect I have seen the end of rainy days. Grateful that I kept choosing living well. Grateful I did not make much mess while down.

>

> Glad to read your post ....fluffy and sentimental is lovely.

>

> with my warmest regards,

> kelly

>

>

> G.

> 205 Peabody Building

> Psychology Department

> University of Mississippi

> Oxford, MS 38677

>

>

> ph: (best phone

>

> academic homepage:

> www.olemiss.edu/working/kwilson/kwilson.htm

>

> also check out

> www.onelifellc.com

> www.mindfulnessfortwo.com

> www.facebook.com/kellygwilson

>

>

Guest guest

When you say naive cant help thinking it means being walked all over by unscruplous people, what happens then.

Vi c Vi ;

To:

ACT_for_the_Public <ACT_for_the_Public >; theresa.linder@... ;

Subject:

Re: Re: what does it mean by heart felt desire?

Sent:

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 3:49:15 PM

Hi, by naivity you mean, being in a place where your not thinking, almost being out of your thoughts not listening to what your mind says,being nothing,being naive, relying on intuition, to help you some times.

theresa.linder@... ;

To:

<ACT_for_the_Public >;

Subject:

Sent:

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 10:39:51 PM

, I'm sorry about your funk. I can relate to that. Your experience/story of that time in our country is different than mine. The sixties and early seventies for me were not just a time of cynicism. It was cynicism + idealism for me... Looking for a way to carry both meaningfully forward. It seemed right to me somehow that even though there was so much angst and turmoil, people (my parents, older siblings) were equally attempting to meet the task with a new voice, reaching for what matters in a serious way. It was a great example of values pursuing through the pain. Of the bittersweet experience we all have daily. The flower that suddenly spurts up in the hard sidewalk crack. I did not know then just how much that would affect my future. But that experience allowed me to keep open to things like EST and then ACT and ultimately to standing with who I am. Of course I'm still learning and have a long way to go.

I choose naivety today as well, but it is a more informed sort than it was in years gone by. It is my mind's desire to return to an impossible ignorant naivety that does me a continued dis-service.

peace,

terry

>

> Having spent many years as a very active cynic...I mean I grew up in the freakin '60's, came of age in the midst of the Vietnam war, Watergate, the slaughter of JFK, Bobbie, Malcolm, ....and on. It very nearly killed me. And, although there is plenty to be cynical about, these days I choose sentimental, I have adopted a sort of chosen optimism, a chosen naivety.....for no good reason. In fact, it is likely quite unreasonable. And, I chose anyhow.

>

> Doesn't mean I always feel that way, but I have learned to practice, to stay the course, and over the long haul, I like this better than the life I had before.

>

> I have been in a pretty deep funk for the past few weeks. I have kept my feet moving and just the last day or so, the soul-weather seems to be clearing a bit. Lovely to get a bit of sun. And, I do not expect I have seen the end of rainy days. Grateful that I kept choosing living well. Grateful I did not make much mess while down.

>

> Glad to read your post ....fluffy and sentimental is lovely.

>

> with my warmest regards,

> kelly

>

>

> G.

> 205 Peabody Building

> Psychology Department

> University of Mississippi

> Oxford, MS 38677

>

>