RemedySpot.com

Re: what does it mean by heart felt desire?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am only share my experience with what you are feeling - or NOT feeling. What you describe is how I felt when I was deeply depressed. In that state, I needed to seek professional help in the form of counseling. Until I did that, no amount of ACT would have been able to help me out of that dark hole. I'm not saying this is what is true for you ... just sharing what was true for me.Another thing I'd like to mention is that not all the exercises in the ACT books were helpful to me. I never did the funeral or tombstone exercise - just passed it by. You may see the peace and happiness your grandparents display, but I bet they had their struggles, too. It is the human condition. Don't get hung up on certain exercises or certain words that don't resonate with you. Do what works for you and use the words that have meaning to YOU. The rest can be discarded.Knowing that life will end and you will no longer exist one day - yeah, that's a sobering thought. But it's your mind telling you, "Well then, what's the use of living today - what does it matter?" Each day matters, each moment matters. The motivation, for me, comes from "I'm here now. What am I going to do about it?" I can sink into despair or I can live my life in a way that helps me or someone else in some way. I'll be gone soon so I might as well curl up into a ball; what's the point of living my values? - What if the flowers said that and refused to delight our eyes with their colorful blooms? What if the birds said that and refused to delight our ears with their singing? Do not despair. Life IS worth living. If you need help with depression, it is available - seek it. Don't give up! HelenaTo: "ACT for the Public" <ACT_for_the_Public >Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:18:09 AMSubject: what does it mean by heart felt desire?

From the day i had heard these word " what do you want in your life".it has been a STTOPED journey for me.i am searching inside myself but other then empitness nothing retrun.

Maybe i am fused by the idea that my desire has to be something grandest

or can it be that i am searching in a wrong way.

Some of the things that bothers me are

1.every book i have read assume that there is this thing "desire or heart felt".and u have u find it out thru furneal exc. Or tombstone exc.

And try to align ur life with it. But when i see my grand parent living it is more a function of day to day living but still they are more peace or happy.

2. As we all know at the end of life one day everthing we have will go away including ourself. This being the context i am not able to motivte myself for anything.

The mere thought of word ambition,desire,value pull me into a deep black hole

i had put my life on hold but i want to let the stream flow.BUT my MIND say u should first know which way to flow.? And here again i got back into hold mode.