RemedySpot.com

Re: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hi , very informative email. I quit dairy products and it has helped. I was wondering if Gluten free also means wheat free. Our supermarket now is labeling a lot of their products as Gluten free. Would that be the same as wheat free. Thanks for your input.

To: bronchiectasis From: sarahjackson100@...Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:29:50 +0000Subject: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

Hi Guys I visited here 4 years ago when I was first diagnosed with 5% lung damage from bronchs. I was getting congested and had a persistant cough and it was clear from this site that I have a very mild case of it, where others are in a very bad way. However, I ignored my condition for 18mths after diagnosis (as is tempting when you don't like the news!) then I tried the NHS advice ... but, while I know their intentions were good, it didn't help much.I was exhausted a lot and had long working days at week-ends doing solo stage shows. They told me to get up half an hour earlier than usual on a 12 hr working day and work out for 20 mins until I was out of breath, then do my postural drainage exercices. And if I had a bad infection any-time, I could self administer (I was allowed to keep double dose drugs at home) ... and double my dose from the normal person's dose. That's heavy stuff! I knew that was helping in one way - because when I didn't dose up extra my infections didn't shift - but I didn't like taking so many antiobiotics. And I couldn't do that exercise thing on busy mornings - or in fact on many mornings!And I knew there must be other answers. So I went to Thailand. I spent time at a spa cleansing my body (juice fasting and colemas) ... I took advice from various people on health and daily diet and happened to meet an iridologist who's seriously into health and who asked what my problem was. She suggested I take wheat, dairy and artificial sugars out of my diet. And I did. With immediate effect. I stuck with it for 8 months that year and before long I was cycling every day (honestly!) and felt 20 years younger. I was a bit shocked at how quickly it happened too.For the past 3 years I have noticed a very clear pattern. When I steer clear of wheat, diary and artificial sugars my cough disappears completely ... I produce ZERO excess mucus (you can eat goats and sheep products but now cow's products ... but no processed sugar, so you have to make all your own food because even shop bought salads have rubbish sugar in - which I didn't realise until I read EVERY label in detail! and of course, no alcohol is allowable).... The theory is that wheat is a complex carbohydrate and that the body has to work harder to break it down. To break it down the body has to produce more saliva. As bronchs sufferers, that excess is gonna sit in the damaged pockets of our lungs where the cilia have broken and that causes extra congestion which requires more postural drainage (in severe cases) or in mine, a persistant cough. I only rid myself of my mucus when I exercised or laughed heartily (!) or it disposed of itself naturally once or twice a day.We all know that dairy is seriously bad for congestion anyway. If you know anything about singers, they steer clear of it, most especially if they have a cold, as it promotes the production of mucus.And sugar? I was allowed natural sugars, so - in moderation - fruit was ok, natural RAW honey (others go through a heat process) ... and agave syrup (only buy from health shops and I would recommend if you have acute bronchs that you should prob stay off sugars like this pretty much altogether and test it's introduction slowly.) I ate a lot of raw foods, bought some new kitchen kit and learned how to make raw recipes. Not tons, but some basic ideas that saw me through summer and some snacks to take on the road when I'm running around any-time. Just so I kept a balance with cooked and raw foods and kept healthy.So .... this way of eating rocks. Now, I'm not suggesting that it CAN and WILL work for EVERYONE. This is just my own experience, but it costs very little to change your diet and whilst wheat free pastas cost more than wheat ones, it's a small sacrifice to make to see if it could help you.If I keep off dairy (and most of the time, wheat) my bronchs doesn't bother me at all. I have now had 2 winters for the first time in 20 years without a lung infection. I think my lungs are generally a lot cleaner now. I got low level colds, but nothing serious .. and I used to get horrible infections for 4-6/8 weeks. Sometimes a month long infection, that would clear up for a day or two, then I'd be straight into the next one. I was told once that I was one step from pnuemonia if I didn't look after myself because I worked when I was unwell. So .. I hope my story helps someone out there. Everyone was very welcoming when I joined the forum, but the stories kind of scared me too. I wanted to experiment my own way then come back and share my success if I had it. And I have. It took a few years to get through to that point, but I just wanted to share it with you guys and girls.Please let me know if it's been of use. And keep this email address and let me know if you try it out and it works for you!sarahjackson100@...To your GOOD health! x

Guest guest

Thanks ! It makes perfect sense and I am going to try it!SueSent from my iPad

hi , very informative email. I quit dairy products and it has helped. I was wondering if Gluten free also means wheat free. Our supermarket now is labeling a lot of their products as Gluten free. Would that be the same as wheat free. Thanks for your input.

To: bronchiectasis From: sarahjackson100@...Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:29:50 +0000Subject: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

Hi Guys I visited here 4 years ago when I was first diagnosed with 5% lung damage from bronchs. I was getting congested and had a persistant cough and it was clear from this site that I have a very mild case of it, where others are in a very bad way. However, I ignored my condition for 18mths after diagnosis (as is tempting when you don't like the news!) then I tried the NHS advice ... but, while I know their intentions were good, it didn't help much.I was exhausted a lot and had long working days at week-ends doing solo stage shows. They told me to get up half an hour earlier than usual on a 12 hr working day and work out for 20 mins until I was out of breath, then do my postural drainage exercices. And if I had a bad infection any-time, I could self administer (I was allowed to keep double dose drugs at home) ... and double my dose from the normal person's dose. That's heavy stuff! I knew that was helping in one way - because when I didn't dose up extra my infections didn't shift - but I didn't like taking so many antiobiotics. And I couldn't do that exercise thing on busy mornings - or in fact on many mornings!And I knew there must be other answers. So I went to Thailand. I spent time at a spa cleansing my body (juice fasting and colemas) ... I took advice from various people on health and daily diet and happened to meet an iridologist who's seriously into health and who asked what my problem was. She suggested I take wheat, dairy and artificial sugars out of my diet. And I did. With immediate effect. I stuck with it for 8 months that year and before long I was cycling every day (honestly!) and felt 20 years younger. I was a bit shocked at how quickly it happened too.For the past 3 years I have noticed a very clear pattern. When I steer clear of wheat, diary and artificial sugars my cough disappears completely ... I produce ZERO excess mucus (you can eat goats and sheep products but now cow's products ... but no processed sugar, so you have to make all your own food because even shop bought salads have rubbish sugar in - which I didn't realise until I read EVERY label in detail! and of course, no alcohol is allowable).... The theory is that wheat is a complex carbohydrate and that the body has to work harder to break it down. To break it down the body has to produce more saliva. As bronchs sufferers, that excess is gonna sit in the damaged pockets of our lungs where the cilia have broken and that causes extra congestion which requires more postural drainage (in severe cases) or in mine, a persistant cough. I only rid myself of my mucus when I exercised or laughed heartily (!) or it disposed of itself naturally once or twice a day.We all know that dairy is seriously bad for congestion anyway. If you know anything about singers, they steer clear of it, most especially if they have a cold, as it promotes the production of mucus.And sugar? I was allowed natural sugars, so - in moderation - fruit was ok, natural RAW honey (others go through a heat process) ... and agave syrup (only buy from health shops and I would recommend if you have acute bronchs that you should prob stay off sugars like this pretty much altogether and test it's introduction slowly.) I ate a lot of raw foods, bought some new kitchen kit and learned how to make raw recipes. Not tons, but some basic ideas that saw me through summer and some snacks to take on the road when I'm running around any-time. Just so I kept a balance with cooked and raw foods and kept healthy.So .... this way of eating rocks. Now, I'm not suggesting that it CAN and WILL work for EVERYONE. This is just my own experience, but it costs very little to change your diet and whilst wheat free pastas cost more than wheat ones, it's a small sacrifice to make to see if it could help you.If I keep off dairy (and most of the time, wheat) my bronchs doesn't bother me at all. I have now had 2 winters for the first time in 20 years without a lung infection. I think my lungs are generally a lot cleaner now. I got low level colds, but nothing serious .. and I used to get horrible infections for 4-6/8 weeks. Sometimes a month long infection, that would clear up for a day or two, then I'd be straight into the next one. I was told once that I was one step from pnuemonia if I didn't look after myself because I worked when I was unwell. So .. I hope my story helps someone out there. Everyone was very welcoming when I joined the forum, but the stories kind of scared me too. I wanted to experiment my own way then come back and share my success if I had it. And I have. It took a few years to get through to that point, but I just wanted to share it with you guys and girls.Please let me know if it's been of use. And keep this email address and let me know if you try it out and it works for you!sarahjackson100@...To your GOOD health! x

Guest guest

Yes, , gluten is the component of wheat that makes it sticky and hold it's shape when baked. It's actually pretty high in protein. Asian cultures use it sauteed with sauces and veggies or in soups and stews as a meat substitute after it has been extruded and kneaded from a wheat/water paste till firm. Did it myself once, not difficult. It's a used as a meat substitute. Quite tasty and chewy.

Kay

To: bronchiectasis Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:27:26 AMSubject: RE: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

Guest guest

thank you Kay, I never knew all this.

To: bronchiectasis From: ericnkayn@...Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 17:48:38 +0000Subject: Re: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

Yes, , gluten is the component of wheat that makes it sticky and hold it's shape when baked. It's actually pretty high in protein. Asian cultures use it sauteed with sauces and veggies or in soups and stews as a meat substitute after it has been extruded and kneaded from a wheat/water paste till firm. Did it myself once, not difficult. It's a used as a meat substitute. Quite tasty and chewy.

Kay

To: bronchiectasis Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:27:26 AMSubject: RE: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

Guest guest

SaraWhat a great email. Being not too bad yet, I am going to try your suggestions. I will admit to being hesitant in the respect that I am so ignorant of ways to make meals without dairy, or wheat or sugar :-) I think breakfast is my favorite, most important meal. What do you eat for breakfast? This diet eliminates cereal, milk, cream in my coffee, toast, jam, most oatmeal. Please just give me a few suggestions.This makes such perfect sense! Thank you for the info! JoSent from my iPad

To: bronchiectasis From: ericnkayn@...Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 17:48:38 +0000Subject: Re: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

Kay

Guest guest

Hi Jo,

This diet sounds very much like the

EILEEN C. BAUER,

REALTOR

CELLULAR:

ecbauer954@...

ACCURATE REAL ESTATE

1828 W. HILLSBORO BLVD.

DEERFIELD BEACH, FL 33442

Office -

Fax -

Toll Free -

Yes, , gluten is the component of wheat that makes it sticky and hold it's shape when baked. It's actually pretty high in protein. Asian cultures use it sauteed with sauces and veggies or in soups and stews as a meat substitute after it has been extruded and kneaded from a wheat/water paste till firm. Did it myself once, not difficult. It's a used as a meat substitute. Quite tasty and chewy.Kay

Hi Guys I visited here 4 years ago when I was first diagnosed with 5% lung damage from bronchs. I was getting congested and had a persistant cough and it was clear from this site that I have a very mild case of it, where others are in a very bad way. However, I ignored my condition for 18mths after diagnosis (as is tempting when you don't like the news!) then I tried the NHS advice ... but, while I know their intentions were good, it didn't help much.I was exhausted a lot and had long working days at week-ends doing solo stage shows. They told me to get up half an hour earlier than usual on a 12 hr working day and work out for 20 mins until I was out of breath, then do my postural drainage exercices. And if I had a bad infection any-time, I could self administer (I was allowed to keep double dose drugs at home) ... and double my dose from the normal person's dose. That's heavy stuff! I knew that was

helping in one way - because when I didn't dose up extra my infections didn't shift - but I didn't like taking so many antiobiotics. And I couldn't do that exercise thing on busy mornings - or in fact on many mornings!And I knew there must be other answers. So I went to Thailand. I spent time at a spa cleansing my body (juice fasting and colemas) ... I took advice from various people on health and daily diet and happened to meet an iridologist who's seriously into health and who asked what my problem was. She suggested I take wheat, dairy and artificial sugars out of my diet. And I did. With immediate effect. I stuck with it for 8 months that year and before long I was cycling every day (honestly!) and felt 20 years younger. I was a bit shocked at how quickly it happened too.For the past 3 years I have noticed a very clear pattern. When I steer clear of wheat, diary and artificial sugars my cough disappears completely ... I

produce ZERO excess mucus (you can eat goats and sheep products but now cow's products ... but no processed sugar, so you have to make all your own food because even shop bought salads have rubbish sugar in - which I didn't realise until I read EVERY label in detail! and of course, no alcohol is allowable).... The theory is that wheat is a complex carbohydrate and that the body has to work harder to break it down. To break it down the body has to produce more saliva. As bronchs sufferers, that excess is gonna sit in the damaged pockets of our lungs where the cilia have broken and that causes extra congestion which requires more postural drainage (in severe cases) or in mine, a persistant cough. I only rid myself of my mucus when I exercised or laughed heartily (!) or it disposed of itself naturally once or twice a day.We all know that dairy is seriously bad for congestion anyway. If you know anything about singers, they steer clear of

it, most especially if they have a cold, as it promotes the production of mucus.And sugar? I was allowed natural sugars, so - in moderation - fruit was ok, natural RAW honey (others go through a heat process) ... and agave syrup (only buy from health shops and I would recommend if you have acute bronchs that you should prob stay off sugars like this pretty much altogether and test it's introduction slowly.) I ate a lot of raw foods, bought some new kitchen kit and learned how to make raw recipes. Not tons, but some basic ideas that saw me through summer and some snacks to take on the road when I'm running around any-time. Just so I kept a balance with cooked and raw foods and kept healthy.So .... this way of eating rocks. Now, I'm not suggesting that it CAN and WILL work for EVERYONE. This is just my own experience, but it costs very little to change your diet and whilst wheat free pastas cost more than wheat ones, it's a small

sacrifice to make to see if it could help you.If I keep off dairy (and most of the time, wheat) my bronchs doesn't bother me at all. I have now had 2 winters for the first time in 20 years without a lung infection. I think my lungs are generally a lot cleaner now. I got low level colds, but nothing serious .. and I used to get horrible infections for 4-6/8 weeks. Sometimes a month long infection, that would clear up for a day or two, then I'd be straight into the next one. I was told once that I was one step from pnuemonia if I didn't look after myself because I worked when I was unwell. So .. I hope my story helps someone out there. Everyone was very welcoming when I joined the forum, but the stories kind of scared me too. I wanted to experiment my own way then come back and share my success if I had it. And I have. It took a few years to get through to that point, but I just wanted to share it with you guys and girls.Please let

me know if it's been of use. And keep this email address and let me know if you try it out and it works for you!sarahjackson100@...To your GOOD health! x

Guest guest

Jo, oatmeal is a wonderful food. Eat the whole rolled or whole kernel instead of instant or quick oats. Doesn't need milk or sugar. I put bananas, cinnamon, dry cranberries and cherries or other dried fruit, cooked plums or dried prune plums, berries, etc. on mine every morning. Any fresh or dried fruit is great. They're all sweet and flavorful. Growing up we put whole milk, butter, and brown sugar on oatmeal. I always wondered why eating oatmeal left me feeling "gluggy" as I called it (heavy). As an adult I discovered it wasn't the oats, it was all the stuff I was putting on it.

I do love 2% milk in my coffee, lots of it, to reduce the effect of the acidic coffee on my acid reflux. Fortunately, having some dairy doesn't seem to bother me. I think my overall healthy vegetarian diet gives me a little latitude in eating some of foods I enjoy that aren't as healthy. After I really focused on eating a healthy diet with less salt, sugar, and bad fats, I found I lost my taste for overly salty, sweet, and most fatty foods. Just have to use control on the ones that still "call out" to me when I see them, like cheesecake, chocolate cake, ice cream, and some others. In general when you start eating more whole foods, the other foods aren't as attractive any longer and indulging once in a while when at a restaurant or party isn't a problem. A big help is not buying the foods you don't "want" to be eating. If it's not in the house you're not likely to run out and buy it. Same with the healthy foods; buy them and keep them handy.

Many Asian cuisines have lots of dishes without gluten, sugar or dairy. Lots of recipes on-line for all our needs. Google gluten, dairy, or sugar free recipes and I'm sure many sites with recipes for these will come up. Whole cookbooks have been written on meals that don't use these. Home made is always going to be healthier than almost all commercial baked "health" foods. They're still generally processed foods.

Lots more info out there, but googling should give you all you need. Good luck and let us know how you do!

Kay

To: bronchiectasis Cc: "<bronchiectasis >" <bronchiectasis >Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 2:57:30 PMSubject: Re: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

Sara

What a great email. Being not too bad yet, I am going to try your suggestions. I will admit to being hesitant in the respect that I am so ignorant of ways to make meals without dairy, or wheat or sugar :-)

I think breakfast is my favorite, most important meal. What do you eat for breakfast? This diet eliminates cereal, milk, cream in my coffee, toast, jam, most oatmeal. Please just give me a few suggestions.

This makes such perfect sense!

Thank you for the info!

Jo

Sent from my iPad

Yes, , gluten is the component of wheat that makes it sticky and hold it's shape when baked. It's actually pretty high in protein. Asian cultures use it sauteed with sauces and veggies or in soups and stews as a meat substitute after it has been extruded and kneaded from a wheat/water paste till firm. Did it myself once, not difficult. It's a used as a meat substitute. Quite tasty and chewy.Kay

Guest guest

Hi ,

Thank you for the information about wheat. I know that when I eat anything with gluten I really have so much mucous and you explained why. I still eat sugar and dairy products, but I will switch to goat cheese and try to stay away from sugar. Your information was very interesting and I am happy you are doing well.

Cindi W

To: bronchiectasis Sent: Wed, July 11, 2012 10:29:57 AMSubject: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

Hi Guys I visited here 4 years ago when I was first diagnosed with 5% lung damage from bronchs. I was getting congested and had a persistant cough and it was clear from this site that I have a very mild case of it, where others are in a very bad way. However, I ignored my condition for 18mths after diagnosis (as is tempting when you don't like the news!) then I tried the NHS advice ... but, while I know their intentions were good, it didn't help much.I was exhausted a lot and had long working days at week-ends doing solo stage shows. They told me to get up half an hour earlier than usual on a 12 hr working day and work out for 20 mins until I was out of breath, then do my postural drainage exercices. And if I had a bad infection any-time, I could self administer (I was allowed to keep double dose drugs at home) ... and double my dose from the normal person's dose. That's heavy stuff! I knew that was helping in one way - because when I

didn't dose up extra my infections didn't shift - but I didn't like taking so many antiobiotics. And I couldn't do that exercise thing on busy mornings - or in fact on many mornings!And I knew there must be other answers. So I went to Thailand. I spent time at a spa cleansing my body (juice fasting and colemas) ... I took advice from various people on health and daily diet and happened to meet an iridologist who's seriously into health and who asked what my problem was. She suggested I take wheat, dairy and artificial sugars out of my diet. And I did. With immediate effect. I stuck with it for 8 months that year and before long I was cycling every day (honestly!) and felt 20 years younger. I was a bit shocked at how quickly it happened too.For the past 3 years I have noticed a very clear pattern. When I steer clear of wheat, diary and artificial sugars my cough disappears completely ... I produce ZERO excess mucus (you can eat

goats and sheep products but now cow's products ... but no processed sugar, so you have to make all your own food because even shop bought salads have rubbish sugar in - which I didn't realise until I read EVERY label in detail! and of course, no alcohol is allowable).... The theory is that wheat is a complex carbohydrate and that the body has to work harder to break it down. To break it down the body has to produce more saliva. As bronchs sufferers, that excess is gonna sit in the damaged pockets of our lungs where the cilia have broken and that causes extra congestion which requires more postural drainage (in severe cases) or in mine, a persistant cough. I only rid myself of my mucus when I exercised or laughed heartily (!) or it disposed of itself naturally once or twice a day.We all know that dairy is seriously bad for congestion anyway. If you know anything about singers, they steer clear of it, most especially if they have a cold,

as it promotes the production of mucus.And sugar? I was allowed natural sugars, so - in moderation - fruit was ok, natural RAW honey (others go through a heat process) ... and agave syrup (only buy from health shops and I would recommend if you have acute bronchs that you should prob stay off sugars like this pretty much altogether and test it's introduction slowly.) I ate a lot of raw foods, bought some new kitchen kit and learned how to make raw recipes. Not tons, but some basic ideas that saw me through summer and some snacks to take on the road when I'm running around any-time. Just so I kept a balance with cooked and raw foods and kept healthy.So .... this way of eating rocks. Now, I'm not suggesting that it CAN and WILL work for EVERYONE. This is just my own experience, but it costs very little to change your diet and whilst wheat free pastas cost more than wheat ones, it's a small sacrifice to make to see if it could help

you.If I keep off dairy (and most of the time, wheat) my bronchs doesn't bother me at all. I have now had 2 winters for the first time in 20 years without a lung infection. I think my lungs are generally a lot cleaner now. I got low level colds, but nothing serious .. and I used to get horrible infections for 4-6/8 weeks. Sometimes a month long infection, that would clear up for a day or two, then I'd be straight into the next one. I was told once that I was one step from pnuemonia if I didn't look after myself because I worked when I was unwell. So .. I hope my story helps someone out there. Everyone was very welcoming when I joined the forum, but the stories kind of scared me too. I wanted to experiment my own way then come back and share my success if I had it. And I have. It took a few years to get through to that point, but I just wanted to share it with you guys and girls.Please let me know if it's been of use. And keep

this email address and let me know if you try it out and it works for you!sarahjackson100@...To your GOOD health! x

Guest guest

Hi ,

Thank you for the information about wheat. I know that when I eat anything with gluten I really have so much mucous and you explained why. I still eat sugar and dairy products, but I will switch to goat cheese and try to stay away from sugar. Your information was very interesting and I am happy you are doing well.

Cindi W

To: bronchiectasis Sent: Wed, July 11, 2012 10:29:57 AMSubject: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

Hi Guys I visited here 4 years ago when I was first diagnosed with 5% lung damage from bronchs. I was getting congested and had a persistant cough and it was clear from this site that I have a very mild case of it, where others are in a very bad way. However, I ignored my condition for 18mths after diagnosis (as is tempting when you don't like the news!) then I tried the NHS advice ... but, while I know their intentions were good, it didn't help much.I was exhausted a lot and had long working days at week-ends doing solo stage shows. They told me to get up half an hour earlier than usual on a 12 hr working day and work out for 20 mins until I was out of breath, then do my postural drainage exercices. And if I had a bad infection any-time, I could self administer (I was allowed to keep double dose drugs at home) ... and double my dose from the normal person's dose. That's heavy stuff! I knew that was helping in one way - because when I

didn't dose up extra my infections didn't shift - but I didn't like taking so many antiobiotics. And I couldn't do that exercise thing on busy mornings - or in fact on many mornings!And I knew there must be other answers. So I went to Thailand. I spent time at a spa cleansing my body (juice fasting and colemas) ... I took advice from various people on health and daily diet and happened to meet an iridologist who's seriously into health and who asked what my problem was. She suggested I take wheat, dairy and artificial sugars out of my diet. And I did. With immediate effect. I stuck with it for 8 months that year and before long I was cycling every day (honestly!) and felt 20 years younger. I was a bit shocked at how quickly it happened too.For the past 3 years I have noticed a very clear pattern. When I steer clear of wheat, diary and artificial sugars my cough disappears completely ... I produce ZERO excess mucus (you can eat

goats and sheep products but now cow's products ... but no processed sugar, so you have to make all your own food because even shop bought salads have rubbish sugar in - which I didn't realise until I read EVERY label in detail! and of course, no alcohol is allowable).... The theory is that wheat is a complex carbohydrate and that the body has to work harder to break it down. To break it down the body has to produce more saliva. As bronchs sufferers, that excess is gonna sit in the damaged pockets of our lungs where the cilia have broken and that causes extra congestion which requires more postural drainage (in severe cases) or in mine, a persistant cough. I only rid myself of my mucus when I exercised or laughed heartily (!) or it disposed of itself naturally once or twice a day.We all know that dairy is seriously bad for congestion anyway. If you know anything about singers, they steer clear of it, most especially if they have a cold,

as it promotes the production of mucus.And sugar? I was allowed natural sugars, so - in moderation - fruit was ok, natural RAW honey (others go through a heat process) ... and agave syrup (only buy from health shops and I would recommend if you have acute bronchs that you should prob stay off sugars like this pretty much altogether and test it's introduction slowly.) I ate a lot of raw foods, bought some new kitchen kit and learned how to make raw recipes. Not tons, but some basic ideas that saw me through summer and some snacks to take on the road when I'm running around any-time. Just so I kept a balance with cooked and raw foods and kept healthy.So .... this way of eating rocks. Now, I'm not suggesting that it CAN and WILL work for EVERYONE. This is just my own experience, but it costs very little to change your diet and whilst wheat free pastas cost more than wheat ones, it's a small sacrifice to make to see if it could help

you.If I keep off dairy (and most of the time, wheat) my bronchs doesn't bother me at all. I have now had 2 winters for the first time in 20 years without a lung infection. I think my lungs are generally a lot cleaner now. I got low level colds, but nothing serious .. and I used to get horrible infections for 4-6/8 weeks. Sometimes a month long infection, that would clear up for a day or two, then I'd be straight into the next one. I was told once that I was one step from pnuemonia if I didn't look after myself because I worked when I was unwell. So .. I hope my story helps someone out there. Everyone was very welcoming when I joined the forum, but the stories kind of scared me too. I wanted to experiment my own way then come back and share my success if I had it. And I have. It took a few years to get through to that point, but I just wanted to share it with you guys and girls.Please let me know if it's been of use. And keep

this email address and let me know if you try it out and it works for you!sarahjackson100@...To your GOOD health! x

Guest guest

Hi Kay,

Thanks for the information. You know so much about healthy eating.

Cindi

To: bronchiectasis Sent: Wed, July 11, 2012 6:41:34 PMSubject: Re: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

Jo, oatmeal is a wonderful food. Eat the whole rolled or whole kernel instead of instant or quick oats. Doesn't need milk or sugar. I put bananas, cinnamon, dry cranberries and cherries or other dried fruit, cooked plums or dried prune plums, berries, etc. on mine every morning. Any fresh or dried fruit is great. They're all sweet and flavorful. Growing up we put whole milk, butter, and brown sugar on oatmeal. I always wondered why eating oatmeal left me feeling "gluggy" as I called it (heavy). As an adult I discovered it wasn't the oats, it was all the stuff I was putting on it.

I do love 2% milk in my coffee, lots of it, to reduce the effect of the acidic coffee on my acid reflux. Fortunately, having some dairy doesn't seem to bother me. I think my overall healthy vegetarian diet gives me a little latitude in eating some of foods I enjoy that aren't as healthy. After I really focused on eating a healthy diet with less salt, sugar, and bad fats, I found I lost my taste for overly salty, sweet, and most fatty foods. Just have to use control on the ones that still "call out" to me when I see them, like cheesecake, chocolate cake, ice cream, and some others. In general when you start eating more whole foods, the other foods aren't as attractive any longer and indulging once in a while when at a restaurant or party isn't a problem. A big help is not buying the foods you don't "want" to be eating. If it's not in the house you're not likely to run out and buy

it. Same with the healthy foods; buy them and keep them handy.

Many Asian cuisines have lots of dishes without gluten, sugar or dairy. Lots of recipes on-line for all our needs. Google gluten, dairy, or sugar free recipes and I'm sure many sites with recipes for these will come up. Whole cookbooks have been written on meals that don't use these. Home made is always going to be healthier than almost all commercial baked "health" foods. They're still generally processed foods.

Lots more info out there, but googling should give you all you need. Good luck and let us know how you do!

Kay

To: bronchiectasis Cc: "<bronchiectasis >" <bronchiectasis >Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 2:57:30 PMSubject: Re: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

Sara

What a great email. Being not too bad yet, I am going to try your suggestions. I will admit to being hesitant in the respect that I am so ignorant of ways to make meals without dairy, or wheat or sugar :-)

I think breakfast is my favorite, most important meal. What do you eat for breakfast? This diet eliminates cereal, milk, cream in my coffee, toast, jam, most oatmeal. Please just give me a few suggestions.

Thank you for the info!

Jo

Sent from my iPad

Hi Guys I visited here 4 years ago when I was first diagnosed with 5% lung damage from bronchs. I was getting congested and had a persistant cough and it was clear from this site that I have a very mild case of it, where others are in a very bad way. However, I ignored my condition for 18mths after diagnosis (as is tempting when you don't like the news!) then I tried the NHS advice ... but, while I know their intentions were good, it didn't help much.I was exhausted a lot and had long working days at week-ends doing solo stage shows. They told me to get up half an hour earlier than usual on a 12 hr working day and work out for 20 mins until I was out of breath, then do my postural drainage exercices. And if I had a bad infection any-time, I could self administer (I was allowed to keep double dose drugs at home) ... and double my dose from the normal person's dose. That's heavy stuff! I knew that was helping in one way

- because when I didn't dose up extra my infections didn't shift - but I didn't like taking so many antiobiotics. And I couldn't do that exercise thing on busy mornings - or in fact on many mornings!And I knew there must be other answers. So I went to Thailand. I spent time at a spa cleansing my body (juice fasting and colemas) ... I took advice from various people on health and daily diet and happened to meet an iridologist who's seriously into health and who asked what my problem was. She suggested I take wheat, dairy and artificial sugars out of my diet. And I did. With immediate effect. I stuck with it for 8 months that year and before long I was cycling every day (honestly!) and felt 20 years younger. I was a bit shocked at how quickly it happened too.For the past 3 years I have noticed a very clear pattern. When I steer clear of wheat, diary and artificial sugars my cough disappears completely ... I produce ZERO excess

mucus (you can eat goats and sheep products but now cow's products ... but no processed sugar, so you have to make all your own food because even shop bought salads have rubbish sugar in - which I didn't realise until I read EVERY label in detail! and of course, no alcohol is allowable).... The theory is that wheat is a complex carbohydrate and that the body has to work harder to break it down. To break it down the body has to produce more saliva. As bronchs sufferers, that excess is gonna sit in the damaged pockets of our lungs where the cilia have broken and that causes extra congestion which requires more postural drainage (in severe cases) or in mine, a persistant cough. I only rid myself of my mucus when I exercised or laughed heartily (!) or it disposed of itself naturally once or twice a day.We all know that dairy is seriously bad for congestion anyway. If you know anything about singers, they steer clear of it, most especially if

they have a cold, as it promotes the production of mucus.And sugar? I was allowed natural sugars, so - in moderation - fruit was ok, natural RAW honey (others go through a heat process) ... and agave syrup (only buy from health shops and I would recommend if you have acute bronchs that you should prob stay off sugars like this pretty much altogether and test it's introduction slowly.) I ate a lot of raw foods, bought some new kitchen kit and learned how to make raw recipes. Not tons, but some basic ideas that saw me through summer and some snacks to take on the road when I'm running around any-time. Just so I kept a balance with cooked and raw foods and kept healthy.So .... this way of eating rocks. Now, I'm not suggesting that it CAN and WILL work for EVERYONE. This is just my own experience, but it costs very little to change your diet and whilst wheat free pastas cost more than wheat ones, it's a small sacrifice to make to see

if it could help you.If I keep off dairy (and most of the time, wheat) my bronchs doesn't bother me at all. I have now had 2 winters for the first time in 20 years without a lung infection. I think my lungs are generally a lot cleaner now. I got low level colds, but nothing serious .. and I used to get horrible infections for 4-6/8 weeks. Sometimes a month long infection, that would clear up for a day or two, then I'd be straight into the next one. I was told once that I was one step from pnuemonia if I didn't look after myself because I worked when I was unwell. So .. I hope my story helps someone out there. Everyone was very welcoming when I joined the forum, but the stories kind of scared me too. I wanted to experiment my own way then come back and share my success if I had it. And I have. It took a few years to get through to that point, but I just wanted to share it with you guys and girls.Please let me know if it's been of

use. And keep this email address and let me know if you try it out and it works for you!sarahjackson100@...To your GOOD health! x

Guest guest

Cindi, I think it's partly because I came of age in the late 60s early 70s when eating natural foods, whole wheat bread, and all the rest were just getting started with the help of the back-to-the-Earth hippies all around me. Being in the original California Girl generation, some of us wanted to raise our babies more naturally, had natural childbirth, the Lamaze method of delivery, and it just grew from there. I went through a period of studying and cooking macrobiotic food, too. Health and nutrition morphed into avocations that have lasted. I always loved to cook, grew up with parents who gardened and had fruit trees, putting up what we grew either by canning or freezing. I was not a hippie by a long shot, but growing up 45 minutes from San Francisco did leave an imprint. Moved around the country when we were first married so my children's father could get his Masters and PhD; he and I were more a part of the Establishment.

Part of it is just discipline. I'm 64 and want to stay strong so I can do my own gardening, carry the grandkids around, play running games like soccer and baseball with them, and work out. I gain weight just like anybody when I slack off. Then I cut back, eat less for a week or so, and ramp up my exercise.

I'm so glad your knee is coming along. Pain meds do have their place, especially if it lets your do your physical therapy to the max and lets you sleep.

Kay

To: bronchiectasis Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:25:05 PMSubject: Re: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

Hi Kay,

Thanks for the information. You know so much about healthy eating.

Cindi

To: bronchiectasis Sent: Wed, July 11, 2012 6:41:34 PMSubject: Re: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

I do love 2% milk in my coffee, lots of it, to reduce the effect of the acidic coffee on my acid reflux. Fortunately, having some dairy doesn't seem to bother me. I think my overall healthy vegetarian diet gives me a little latitude in eating some of foods I enjoy that aren't as healthy. After I really focused on eating a healthy diet with less salt, sugar, and bad fats, I found I lost my taste for overly salty, sweet, and most fatty foods. Just have to use control on the ones that still "call out" to me when I see them, like cheesecake, chocolate cake, ice cream, and some others. In general when you start eating more whole foods, the other foods aren't as attractive any longer and indulging once in a while when at a restaurant or party isn't a problem. A big help is not buying the foods you don't "want" to be eating. If it's not in the house you're not likely to run out and buy it. Same with the healthy foods; buy them and keep them handy.

Kay

Sara

Thank you for the info!

Jo

Sent from my iPad

Guest guest

hello and nice to hear from you.

Your message is a beacon to all thanks for sharing. I love Thailand spent a

couple of years there eons ago.

We moved to a new group site last year 'Bronchiectasis1' because of admin

problems on this old site. I've sent you an invite to join the active group

site. I copied your message over to our new site too as we have a lot of

members who have joined since we set up the new group and will not have seen

your post.

Keep well and happy and in touch with us.

Liz:)

>

> Hi Guys

>

> I visited here 4 years ago when I was first diagnosed with 5% lung damage from

bronchs. I was getting congested and had a persistant cough and it was clear

from this site that I have a very mild case of it, where others are in a very

bad way. However, I ignored my condition for 18mths after diagnosis (as is

tempting when you don't like the news!) then I tried the NHS advice ... but,

while I know their intentions were good, it didn't help much.

>

> I was exhausted a lot and had long working days at week-ends doing solo stage

shows. They told me to get up half an hour earlier than usual on a 12 hr working

day and work out for 20 mins until I was out of breath, then do my postural

drainage exercices. And if I had a bad infection any-time, I could self

administer (I was allowed to keep double dose drugs at home) ... and double my

dose from the normal person's dose. That's heavy stuff! I knew that was helping

in one way - because when I didn't dose up extra my infections didn't shift -

but I didn't like taking so many antiobiotics. And I couldn't do that exercise

thing on busy mornings - or in fact on many mornings!

>

> And I knew there must be other answers.

>

> So I went to Thailand. I spent time at a spa cleansing my body (juice fasting

and colemas) ... I took advice from various people on health and daily diet and

happened to meet an iridologist who's seriously into health and who asked what

my problem was. She suggested I take wheat, dairy and artificial sugars out of

my diet. And I did. With immediate effect. I stuck with it for 8 months that

year and before long I was cycling every day (honestly!) and felt 20 years

younger. I was a bit shocked at how quickly it happened too.

>

> For the past 3 years I have noticed a very clear pattern. When I steer clear

of wheat, diary and artificial sugars my cough disappears completely ... I

produce ZERO excess mucus (you can eat goats and sheep products but now cow's

products ... but no processed sugar, so you have to make all your own food

because even shop bought salads have rubbish sugar in - which I didn't realise

until I read EVERY label in detail! and of course, no alcohol is allowable)....

>

> The theory is that wheat is a complex carbohydrate and that the body has to

work harder to break it down. To break it down the body has to produce more

saliva. As bronchs sufferers, that excess is gonna sit in the damaged pockets

of our lungs where the cilia have broken and that causes extra congestion which

requires more postural drainage (in severe cases) or in mine, a persistant

cough. I only rid myself of my mucus when I exercised or laughed heartily (!) or

it disposed of itself naturally once or twice a day.

>

> We all know that dairy is seriously bad for congestion anyway. If you know

anything about singers, they steer clear of it, most especially if they have a

cold, as it promotes the production of mucus.

>

> And sugar? I was allowed natural sugars, so - in moderation - fruit was ok,

natural RAW honey (others go through a heat process) ... and agave syrup (only

buy from health shops and I would recommend if you have acute bronchs that you

should prob stay off sugars like this pretty much altogether and test it's

introduction slowly.)

>

> I ate a lot of raw foods, bought some new kitchen kit and learned how to make

raw recipes. Not tons, but some basic ideas that saw me through summer and some

snacks to take on the road when I'm running around any-time. Just so I kept a

balance with cooked and raw foods and kept healthy.

>

> So .... this way of eating rocks. Now, I'm not suggesting that it CAN and

WILL work for EVERYONE. This is just my own experience, but it costs very little

to change your diet and whilst wheat free pastas cost more than wheat ones, it's

a small sacrifice to make to see if it could help you.

>

> If I keep off dairy (and most of the time, wheat) my bronchs doesn't bother me

at all. I have now had 2 winters for the first time in 20 years without a lung

infection. I think my lungs are generally a lot cleaner now. I got low level

colds, but nothing serious .. and I used to get horrible infections for 4-6/8

weeks. Sometimes a month long infection, that would clear up for a day or two,

then I'd be straight into the next one. I was told once that I was one step from

pnuemonia if I didn't look after myself because I worked when I was unwell.

>

> So .. I hope my story helps someone out there. Everyone was very welcoming

when I joined the forum, but the stories kind of scared me too. I wanted to

experiment my own way then come back and share my success if I had it. And I

have. It took a few years to get through to that point, but I just wanted to

share it with you guys and girls.

>

> Please let me know if it's been of use. And keep this email address and let

me know if you try it out and it works for you!

>

> sarahjackson100@...

>

> To your GOOD health!

>

> x

>

Guest guest

Bravo, ! Ann hit the nail on the head when she commented that you

worked hard to implement the best plan for your particular case. It's what we

all must do to enjoy life as fully as possible. I had heard about dairy

products and gluten causing increased mucuous production, but it's good to hear

a first-person testimony of the positive results gained by eliminating dairy and

gluten from one's diet. Stay healthy! M.

>

> , it's great to hear a success story such as yours.  You worked hard to

work the plan that was for you. 

>  

> Ann MO

>

>

> To: bronchiectasis

> Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:29 AM

> Subject: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

>

>

>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hi - it has taken me awhile to respond to your fabulous email, but here I am. I so enjoyed reading your email and am so happy you have found success with your diet. I had thrush at one time because of taking Advair and through a homeopathic Dr. I was on a no sugar, no wheat, etc. diet and felt the best I have ever felt. However, once I got better, I was back on a regular diet. I have always eaten a good diet and maintained my weight but it is so HARD not to eat some bad things. Can I give up my red wine? I am inspired and am motivated to try it.

Please keep in touch with us bronchies.

Sharyn from IA

To: bronchiectasis Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:29 AMSubject: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

Hi Guys I visited here 4 years ago when I was first diagnosed with 5% lung damage from bronchs. I was getting congested and had a persistant cough and it was clear from this site that I have a very mild case of it, where others are in a very bad way. However, I ignored my condition for 18mths after diagnosis (as is tempting when you don't like the news!) then I tried the NHS advice ... but, while I know their intentions were good, it didn't help much.I was exhausted a lot and had long working days at week-ends doing solo stage shows. They told me to get up half an hour earlier than usual on a 12 hr working day and work out for 20 mins until I was out of breath, then do my postural drainage exercices. And if I had a bad infection any-time, I could self administer (I was allowed to keep double dose drugs at home) ... and double my dose from the normal person's dose. That's heavy stuff! I knew that was helping in one way - because when

I didn't dose up extra my infections didn't shift - but I didn't like taking so many antiobiotics. And I couldn't do that exercise thing on busy mornings - or in fact on many mornings!And I knew there must be other answers. So I went to Thailand. I spent time at a spa cleansing my body (juice fasting and colemas) ... I took advice from various people on health and daily diet and happened to meet an iridologist who's seriously into health and who asked what my problem was. She suggested I take wheat, dairy and artificial sugars out of my diet. And I did. With immediate effect. I stuck with it for 8 months that year and before long I was cycling every day (honestly!) and felt 20 years younger. I was a bit shocked at how quickly it happened too.For the past 3 years I have noticed a very clear pattern. When I steer clear of wheat, diary and artificial sugars my cough disappears completely ... I produce ZERO excess mucus (you can eat

this email address and let me know if you try it out and it works for you!mailto:sarahjackson100%40btinternet.comTo your GOOD health! x

Guest guest

Sharyn, just as an FYI for all our members, my son-in-law's sister, about 50 yrs old, has had fantastic success with lowering her blood pressure and getting all her lab results into great shape by doing just as you say; eliminating all sugar and gluten from her diet. She is overweight (runs in her family), but now has normal blood pressure for the first time in many yrs, and all her other lab work is just perfect. She eats a mostly raw vegan diet, no sugar, and no gluten and it has changed her life! She just announced these great results to us last week after having a physical and blood work.

Interesting, and hard to do, as you say.

Kay

To: bronchiectasis Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 3:55:54 PMSubject: Re: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

Hi - it has taken me awhile to respond to your fabulous email, but here I am. I so enjoyed reading your email and am so happy you have found success with your diet. I had thrush at one time because of taking Advair and through a homeopathic Dr. I was on a no sugar, no wheat, etc. diet and felt the best I have ever felt. However, once I got better, I was back on a regular diet. I have always eaten a good diet and maintained my weight but it is so HARD not to eat some bad things. Can I give up my red wine? I am inspired and am motivated to try it.

Please keep in touch with us bronchies.

Sharyn from IA

To: bronchiectasis Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:29 AMSubject: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

Hi Guys I visited here 4 years ago when I was first diagnosed with 5% lung damage from bronchs. I was getting congested and had a persistant cough and it was clear from this site that I have a very mild case of it, where others are in a very bad way. However, I ignored my condition for 18mths after diagnosis (as is tempting when you don't like the news!) then I tried the NHS advice ... but, while I know their intentions were good, it didn't help much.I was exhausted a lot and had long working days at week-ends doing solo stage shows. They told me to get up half an hour earlier than usual on a 12 hr working day and work out for 20 mins until I was out of breath, then do my postural drainage exercices. And if I had a bad infection any-time, I could self administer (I was allowed to keep double dose drugs at home) ... and double my dose from the normal person's dose. That's heavy stuff! I knew that was helping in one way - because when I didn't dose up extra my infections didn't shift - but I didn't like taking so many antiobiotics. And I couldn't do that exercise thing on busy mornings - or in fact on many mornings!And I knew there must be other answers. So I went to Thailand. I spent time at a spa cleansing my body (juice fasting and colemas) ... I took advice from various people on health and daily diet and happened to meet an iridologist who's seriously into health and who asked what my problem was. She suggested I take wheat, dairy and artificial sugars out of my diet. And I did. With immediate effect. I stuck with it for 8 months that year and before long I was cycling every day (honestly!) and felt 20 years younger. I was a bit shocked at how quickly it happened too.For the past 3 years I have noticed a very clear pattern. When I steer clear of wheat, diary and artificial sugars my cough disappears completely ... I produce ZERO excess mucus (you can eat goats and sheep products but now cow's products ... but no processed sugar, so you have to make all your own food because even shop bought salads have rubbish sugar in - which I didn't realise until I read EVERY label in detail! and of course, no alcohol is allowable).... The theory is that wheat is a complex carbohydrate and that the body has to work harder to break it down. To break it down the body has to produce more saliva. As bronchs sufferers, that excess is gonna sit in the damaged pockets of our lungs where the cilia have broken and that causes extra congestion which requires more postural drainage (in severe cases) or in mine, a persistant cough. I only rid myself of my mucus when I exercised or laughed heartily (!) or it disposed of itself naturally once or twice a day.We all know that dairy is seriously bad for congestion anyway. If you know anything about singers, they steer clear of it, most especially if they have a cold, as it promotes the production of mucus.And sugar? I was allowed natural sugars, so - in moderation - fruit was ok, natural RAW honey (others go through a heat process) ... and agave syrup (only buy from health shops and I would recommend if you have acute bronchs that you should prob stay off sugars like this pretty much altogether and test it's introduction slowly.) I ate a lot of raw foods, bought some new kitchen kit and learned how to make raw recipes. Not tons, but some basic ideas that saw me through summer and some snacks to take on the road when I'm running around any-time. Just so I kept a balance with cooked and raw foods and kept healthy.So .... this way of eating rocks. Now, I'm not suggesting that it CAN and WILL work for EVERYONE. This is just my own experience, but it costs very little to change your diet and whilst wheat free pastas cost more than wheat ones, it's a small sacrifice to make to see if it could help you.If I keep off dairy (and most of the time, wheat) my bronchs doesn't bother me at all. I have now had 2 winters for the first time in 20 years without a lung infection. I think my lungs are generally a lot cleaner now. I got low level colds, but nothing serious .. and I used to get horrible infections for 4-6/8 weeks. Sometimes a month long infection, that would clear up for a day or two, then I'd be straight into the next one. I was told once that I was one step from pnuemonia if I didn't look after myself because I worked when I was unwell. So .. I hope my story helps someone out there. Everyone was very welcoming when I joined the forum, but the stories kind of scared me too. I wanted to experiment my own way then come back and share my success if I had it. And I have. It took a few years to get through to that point, but I just wanted to share it with you guys and girls.Please let me know if it's been of use. And keep this email address and let me know if you try it out and it works for you!mailto:sarahjackson100%40btinternet.comTo your GOOD health! x

Guest guest

Thank you Sharyn!

It is TRUE. Diet helps MORE THAN YOU WOULD KNOW. It's HARD sometimes. You

need self motivation, but hey - what can be harder than being unwell??!!! Today

I am on day 5 of a 7 day juice fast. I take pills/drinks/potions (all

fresh/herbs - fantastic) and I do colemas (home colonics!) .. I lost 12 lbs in a

week and at least 7 stay off afterwards if I eat healthily on an on-going basis.

Fasting also shuts down your digestive system and allows the body to heal itself

in some ways (not all ways, but it's flipping marvellous) ... and it gives me a

renewed energy kick. All this stuff required willpower. First few times is

tough as you get toxic reactions (head-aches, nausea, sickness .. from all the

rubbish we consume) ... oddly, although I've been off my diet recently (cos I've

felt so much better) I'm not getting reactions when I fast anymore. I think it's

because I've been eating 'so clean' mostly for 18mths. It's so good for you.

I can work while I fast now because I'm used to it, but there are places you can

go (like Thailand spas etc and the U.S. will have plenty I'm sure) where these

things can be supervised. Then you can buy the kit on the net and so long as

you have a bathroom with the room, you can then do it at home more cheaply.

If anyone wants to know more about fasting like this, try ,

Cleanse and Purify Thyself, Books 1 and 2. He's a bit of a nut about his

beliefs and rants about health a lot (well, it IS a health book!) so it's not

the easiest read in the world, but he has designed and refined a brilliant

programme that people travel from all over the world to try out in Thailand. And

it's in the book.

I started all of this to kick start my system when I was very tired and was

having chest infections all the time. I really don't get them now. I used to

catch EVERYTHING going, but this week my hubby had a throat closed up 90% and I

didn't catch it. I'm still amazed!!

The one thing you have to understand as a bronchs sufferer is that it's not the

fault of the NHS in UK or your doctors in your own country. I've had a lovely

letter from someone in Australia who has had bronchs since she was 7 and has

NEVER had diet advice. It's just not their focus.

To take control of your own health, you need to take control of what information

is being fed to you and decide what is working and what isn't, then you need to

look elsewhere and find alternative ways of helping yourself. One thing is for

sure - just NEVER NEVER accept that if you're told 'this is the best you will

be' that this is the case. I was told that and I defied I refused to accept it.

It's why I signed myself out of the hospital after a couple of visits. When you

accept, you will be left with what you health you are in. When you don't, you

could improve it immeasurably.

Sorry to preach a bit - but I've worked REALLY hard to get better and it's been

a long enough haul - 18 months of working on it after over 10 yrs of not being

well every winter.

I urge everyone here with this problem to re-look at their diet and lifestyle

and try to work towards a place where you are eating waaay better and not

relying solely on drugs and hospital advice. It's YOUR body, not theirs, after

all!!

We have ONE life. Make the most of it. My address is

sarahjackson100@... if anyone would like to ask questions. I'm no

guru. I just have 5% lung damage, but you know, you can stop your damage getting

worse if you take care of yourself and I'm happy to share anything I've learned

if it helps someone else who wants to try something different.

I will post some yummy recipes here one day when I get some time Sharyn. Eating

healthily doesn't need to be boring!!! Raw foods and naughty foods can be made

from healthy ingredients. Trust me :-)

xxx

>

> Hi - it has taken me awhile to respond to your fabulous email, but here

I am.  I so enjoyed reading your email and am so happy you have found success

with your diet.  I had thrush at one time because of taking Advair and through

a homeopathic Dr. I was on a no sugar, no wheat, etc. diet and felt the best I

have ever felt.  However, once I got better, I was back on a regular diet.  I

have always eaten a good diet and maintained my weight but it is so HARD not to

eat some bad things.  Can I give up my red wine?  I am inspired and am

motivated to try it.

> Please keep in touch with us bronchies.

> Sharyn from IA

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: bronchiectasis

> Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:29 AM

> Subject: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

>

>

>  

> Hi Guys

>

> I visited here 4 years ago when I was first diagnosed with 5% lung damage from

>

shows. They told me to get up half an hour earlier than usual on a 12 hr working

>

>

>

>

saliva. As bronchs sufferers, that excess is gonna sit in the damaged pockets of

our lungs where the cilia have broken and that causes extra congestion which

cough. I only rid myself of my mucus when I exercised or laughed heartily (!) or

>

>

introduction slowly.)

>

>

> So .... this way of eating rocks. Now, I'm not suggesting that it CAN and WILL

work for EVERYONE. This is just my own experience, but it costs very little to

change your diet and whilst wheat free pastas cost more than wheat ones, it's a

small sacrifice to make to see if it could help you.

>

> If I keep off dairy (and most of the time, wheat) my bronchs doesn't bother me

then I'd be straight into the next one. I was told once that I was one step from

>

>

> Please let me know if it's been of use. And keep this email address and let me

know if you try it out and it works for you!

>

> mailto:sarahjackson100%40btinternet.com

>

> To your GOOD health!

>

> x

>

Guest guest

Hear hear Kay! If you readc those books, he blames our diet for

most modern illnesses. We eat so much processed rubbish - what should we

expect?! My liver is healthy, but because I'm so clean now, I can hardly drink

these days. It makes me feel ill. Bit of a bore, as I love a good glass of wine

(!) but ultimately, alchohol is a poison and a healthier body will let you know

that I guess ;-) ... DIET DIET DIET. Keep looking/reading/seeking. To coin an

old one ... WE ARE WHAT WE EAT. It's very true.

>

>

>

> Sharyn, just as an FYI for all our members, my son-in-law's sister, about 50

yrs old, has had fantastic success with lowering her blood pressure and getting

all her lab results into great shape by doing just as you say; eliminating all

sugar and gluten from her diet.  She is overweight (runs in her family), but

now has normal blood pressure for the first time in many yrs, and all her other

lab work is just perfect.  She eats a mostly raw vegan diet, no sugar, and no

gluten and it has changed her life!  She just announced these great results to

us last week after having a physical and blood work.

>

>  

>

> Interesting, and hard to do, as you say. 

>

> Kay

>

>

>

> THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

>

>

>

>  

>

> Hi Guys

>

>

>

>

>

>

saliva. As bronchs sufferers, that excess is gonna sit in the damaged pockets of

>

>

introduction slowly.)

>

>

> So .... this way of eating rocks. Now, I'm not suggesting that it CAN and WILL

work for EVERYONE. This is just my own experience, but it costs very little to

change your diet and whilst wheat free pastas cost more than wheat ones, it's a

small sacrifice to make to see if it could help you.

>

>

>

> Please let me know if it's been of use. And keep this email address and let me

know if you try it out and it works for you!

>

> mailto:sarahjackson100%40btinternet.com

>

> To your GOOD health!

>

> x

>

Guest guest

Diet is a BIG subject and I'm still learning and don't know it all by any means

Lee, but here are some sweet recipes (and 1 savoury) that I learned in Thailand

(and my variations) .. PLAY with them once you're familiar. They can be changed

to anything you want. Remember that seeds/nuts are fattening, so limit your

intake though! Also, I looked at a site last week for cancer sufferers (a health

centre in the U.S. who don't allow any nuts or seeds as they reckon they

interfere with digestion) .. that's a diet for very seriously ill people though

and I haven't found ANY trouble with nuts or seeds myself. I make my own rye

bread (shop bought stuff always has sugar in it - and that will be processed

sugar!) and it's heavy - because I cut out yeast - but you can play with any

recipe to suit your tastes and disallowed foods. Will post some recipes in next

thread. When I get time, I'll type some more out and send'em over.

Juices? Well Lee, I think anything in moderation is fine, although I will say

that bananas are forbidden for lung problems!!! They were one of my fave fruits

and I have largely given them up. A HUGE loss to me, but they're not supposed

to be very digestible. I can't remember, but I think when they're less ripe

they're worse, but either way, it's best to stay off them if you have bronchs,

apparently. A lot of this stuff applies to general health too - although keen

juicers do tend to use a lot of bananas in their juices, as they're a great

bulking agent and also filling.

Hope that helps. Keep searching the net and just type in 'wheat free, dairy

free, sugar free recipes' and TONS of stuff will come up!

> >

> > Hi - it has taken me awhile to respond to your fabulous email, but

here I am.  I so enjoyed reading your email and am so happy you have found

success with your diet.  I had thrush at one time because of taking Advair

and through a homeopathic Dr. I was on a no sugar, no wheat, etc. diet and felt

the best I have ever felt.  However, once I got better, I was back on a

regular diet.  I have always eaten a good diet and maintained my weight but

it is so HARD not to eat some bad things.  Can I give up my red wine?  I

am inspired and am motivated to try it.

> > Please keep in touch with us bronchies.

> > Sharyn from IA

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> > From: bty114880 <sarahjackson100@>

> > To: bronchiectasis

> > Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:29 AM

> > Subject: THERE IS HOPE FOR BRONCHS SUFFERERS!

> >

> >

> >  

> > Hi Guys

> >

> > I visited here 4 years ago when I was first diagnosed with 5% lung damage

from bronchs. I was getting congested and had a persistant cough and it was

clear from this site that I have a very mild case of it, where others are in a

very bad way. However, I ignored my condition for 18mths after diagnosis (as is

> >

> > I was exhausted a lot and had long working days at week-ends doing solo

stage shows. They told me to get up half an hour earlier than usual on a 12 hr

working day and work out for 20 mins until I was out of breath, then do my

postural drainage exercices. And if I had a bad infection any-time, I could self

> >

> > And I knew there must be other answers.

> >

> > So I went to Thailand. I spent time at a spa cleansing my body (juice

fasting and colemas) ... I took advice from various people on health and daily

diet and happened to meet an iridologist who's seriously into health and who

asked what my problem was. She suggested I take wheat, dairy and artificial

sugars out of my diet. And I did. With immediate effect. I stuck with it for 8

months that year and before long I was cycling every day (honestly!) and felt 20

years younger. I was a bit shocked at how quickly it happened too.

> >

> > For the past 3 years I have noticed a very clear pattern. When I steer clear

> >

> > The theory is that wheat is a complex carbohydrate and that the body has to

> >

> > We all know that dairy is seriously bad for congestion anyway. If you know

> >

> > And sugar? I was allowed natural sugars, so - in moderation - fruit was ok,

introduction slowly.)

> >

> > I ate a lot of raw foods, bought some new kitchen kit and learned how to

make raw recipes. Not tons, but some basic ideas that saw me through summer and

some snacks to take on the road when I'm running around any-time. Just so I kept

a balance with cooked and raw foods and kept healthy.

> >

> > So .... this way of eating rocks. Now, I'm not suggesting that it CAN and

WILL work for EVERYONE. This is just my own experience, but it costs very little

to change your diet and whilst wheat free pastas cost more than wheat ones, it's

a small sacrifice to make to see if it could help you.

> >

> > If I keep off dairy (and most of the time, wheat) my bronchs doesn't bother

me at all. I have now had 2 winters for the first time in 20 years without a

lung infection. I think my lungs are generally a lot cleaner now. I got low

level colds, but nothing serious .. and I used to get horrible infections for

4-6/8 weeks. Sometimes a month long infection, that would clear up for a day or

two, then I'd be straight into the next one. I was told once that I was one step

from pnuemonia if I didn't look after myself because I worked when I was unwell.

> >

> > So .. I hope my story helps someone out there. Everyone was very welcoming

> >

> > Please let me know if it's been of use. And keep this email address and let

me know if you try it out and it works for you!

> >

> > mailto:sarahjackson100%40btinternet.com

> >

> > To your GOOD health!

> >

> > x

> >

>