RemedySpot.com

Re: SSDI hearing (was) OT raising funds for treatment?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Darla,It is a good thing you kept fighting for SSDI, hiring Binder and Binder was smart...So many are turned down on their first and second try, some like you I have known very 

were very ill, yet they are put through this very long process and of course the waiting is so agonizingand for some, it is a matter of whether they will eat or not, they have no income... 

And you being ill on the day of your hearing really helped you, I was also on mine, thisgives the judge a first hand look at your current health... I tell everyone, no matter howyou feel on the day of your hearing, act like you feel on your worst day... It does matter..

Anyone turned down on the first or second try, needs to go before the judge at a hearing,he/she is completely impartial and will base opinions based on facts presented... Manyare approved at this step of the process.. 

Take care,Jim

OT raising funds for treatment?

Message List  

Reply | Delete

Message #38894 of 39018 < Prev | Next >

Re: OT raising funds for treatment?

Hi, i have been reading all of the posts on this & honestly i think it's crminal what our government puts us through.....i worked as a nurse for 23 yrs & in 2007 when i got too sick to work & applied for Social security disability i thought i would get it because i had my family dr backing me & sent a letter on my behalf, i had a truckload of diagnosis but i was turned down, so i got an attorney Binder & Binder, they are strictly disability lawyers and they work with most of the states...they did a really good job and was very thoro although it took almost 2 yrs but i won my case...the day i went before the judge, i was so racked with pain and my mind was like mush, so the judge starts asking me questions, well i tried to focus but had a very hard time getting the words from my brain to my mouth, the one question he asked me was who handled paying the bills and i told him my husband does, he stopped the hearing and said that i would half to have an M.E. assigned to me and my lawyer explained to me its someone that i trust and they half to make sure that the money i get each month goes towards helping me, meaning the person i assigned dont take my money spends it say on drugs or gambling stuff like that but anyhow he started the hearing again and when it was time for the woman from the social security admin to ask her question the judge asked her why i was even there because i obviously was too sick to work(i was shocked, so was my lawyer) but the woman said she had no questions for me and told the judge that there was no job that i would be able to do and she looked @ me and winked and i knew in my heart it was gonna be ok. Well a week later my money was in my account and what a relief that was......if you do decide to use the lawyers i mentioned let me know and i will give you some tips to help your case and things you can get from your Dr that you wont be charged for because thats the only thing they want money upfront for...other than that they dont get nothing unless you win, i hope this helps...............Darla

i have no financial gain from the lawyers that was mentioned here!