RemedySpot.com

Re:Bedtime T3 Dose

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jung- Major issues here with T3 dosing too close to sleeping. Same with HC. I am low cortisol during the day and dose my last HC and T3 at 2 p.m. Because of the short half life of T3 (8 hours?) I wanted to make sure I wasn't running low at night so persisted with late dosing always encountering failure with sleep. Dr. Lowe doses his patients with a once a day t3 dose. Although I would not want the adrenal strain from doing this, he claims the action of T3 within the cell is longer lasting than what you can read in serum tests. With my last dose of T3 at 2 p.m. I can fall asleep by 10:30 p.m. with no issue. I dose like this:6 a.m. 5 mg HC, 42.5 mcg. T38 a.m. 2.5 HC10 a.m. 5 HC, 42.5 T32 pm 5 HC, 42.5 T3Total HC 17.5, 127.5 T3.The reason I make that 8 a.m. 2.5 mg dose of HC is to not suppress my ACTH with a 7.5 mg dose at 6 a.m.. When I dose HC with too large a dose in the morning I end up with less of my own cortisol output. Then I have all sorts of whacky symptoms.AGHas anybody else had issues with bedtime T3 doses? And if you did, didyou just stick with daytime doses and come out okay?-Jung

Hi AG, glad to know I'm not the only one in this boat!

How do you feel on your current dose of T3? Are your basal and daytime

temps normal, or are you still in the process of adjusting?

My daytime temps average around 98.2, so it's getting closer to 98.6.

But my basal temps are never higher than 97, so I thought that maybe

the bedtime dose would help raise my basal.

I guess I'll stick with the daytime T3 doses and see what happens!

>

> Jung- Major issues here with T3 dosing too close to sleeping. Same

> with HC.

>

> I am low cortisol during the day and dose my last HC and T3 at 2 p.m.

> Because of the short half life of T3 (8 hours?) I wanted to make sure

> I wasn't running low at night so persisted with late dosing always

> encountering failure with sleep. Dr. Lowe doses his patients with a

> once a day t3 dose. Although I would not want the adrenal strain from

> doing this, he claims the action of T3 within the cell is longer

> lasting than what you can read in serum tests. With my last dose of

> T3 at 2 p.m. I can fall asleep by 10:30 p.m. with no issue.

>

> I dose like this:

>

> 6 a.m. 5 mg HC, 42.5 mcg. T3

> 8 a.m. 2.5 HC

> 10 a.m. 5 HC, 42.5 T3

> 2 pm 5 HC, 42.5 T3

>

> Total HC 17.5, 127.5 T3.

>

> The reason I make that 8 a.m. 2.5 mg dose of HC is to not suppress my

> ACTH with a 7.5 mg dose at 6 a.m.. When I dose HC with too large a

> dose in the morning I end up with less of my own cortisol output.

> Then I have all sorts of whacky symptoms.

>

> AG

>

>

> Has anybody else had issues with bedtime T3 doses? And if you did, did

> you just stick with daytime doses and come out okay?

>

> -Jung

>

You're not the only one alright. I just switched Jung, from 25 mcg SRT3 and 107.5 mcg Cytomel, to all all Cytomel so am not sure I am optimized enough yet. My temps are around 98. daytime which is high for me. Have not taken a basal in while. Need to. Overall I feel really good. On one side is hypo symptoms and 2.5 mcg. away on the other side is heart pounding and no sleep! Like you I feel that a p.m. dose would help with basal temps but can't seem to achieve this. Perhaps the higher nighttime cortisol is too active with getting the T3 into the cells? Could this be the problem?AGHi AG, glad to know I'm not the only one in this boat!How do you feel on your current dose of T3? Are your basal and daytimetemps normal, or are you still in the process of adjusting?My daytime temps average around 98.2, so it's getting closer to 98.6.But my basal temps are never higher than 97, so I thought that maybethe bedtime dose would help raise my basal. I guess I'll stick with the daytime T3 doses and see what happens!>> Jung- Major issues here with T3 dosing too close to sleeping. Same > with HC.> > I am low cortisol during the day and dose my last HC and T3 at 2 p.m. > Because of the short half life of T3 (8 hours?) I wanted to make sure > I wasn't running low at night so persisted with late dosing always > encountering failure with sleep. Dr. Lowe doses his patients with a > once a day t3 dose. Although I would not want the adrenal strain from > doing this, he claims the action of T3 within the cell is longer > lasting than what you can read in serum tests. With my last dose of > T3 at 2 p.m. I can fall asleep by 10:30 p.m. with no issue.> > I dose like this:> > 6 a.m. 5 mg HC, 42.5 mcg. T3> 8 a.m. 2.5 HC> 10 a.m. 5 HC, 42.5 T3> 2 pm 5 HC, 42.5 T3> > Total HC 17.5, 127.5 T3.> > The reason I make that 8 a.m. 2.5 mg dose of HC is to not suppress my > ACTH with a 7.5 mg dose at 6 a.m.. When I dose HC with too large a > dose in the morning I end up with less of my own cortisol output. > Then I have all sorts of whacky symptoms.> > AG> > > Has anybody else had issues with bedtime T3 doses? And if you did, did> you just stick with daytime doses and come out okay?> > -Jung