RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: RT3 symptoms

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Dorothy,

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I have been follow the whole iodine project protocol to the letter since july. I have also started taking zinc and iron and will start copper next week to try and adjust any T4 to T3 conversion problems. Then I shall do a liver detox in case the conversion problems stem from a below par liver function. In fact I don't think that I am very afflicted compared to most people in this forum. I don't have weight gain and hair loss problems and I am not too tired. It's just that my arms and legs hurt where the muscles join the bones and the arches of my feet ache. It's worse at the end of my cycle. I would be interested to hear from any body else with my problems. For the moment I am following the advice I found on www.ithyroid.com.

MacG.

________________________________To: RT3_T3 Sent: Monday, 8 December, 2008 16:38:25Subject: Re: RT3 symptomsHi ,I can't find anything that relates iodine to T4 to T3 conversion.However selenium is necessary for the process to take place. Do checkout the iodine group, but keep on top of the Rt3. It's hell if thatgets out of hand. Steph, the iodine moderator just said yesterday thather husband never took any thyroid meds but after 9 mos on iodine hisantibodies went away.Dorothy> I am following the Iodine Project Protocol for my fibrocystic breastdisease and hashi since July. I also have aches in my arms and legsand feet and think that this a T4 to T3 conversion problem (i.e. I gettoo much reverse T3 instead of the good stuff).

... How much of your thyroid gland do you still have? By adding iodine you are stimulating any remaining tissue to produce hormone, which would be mostly T4.... and adding zinc, also a thyroid gland stimulator, that will also kick up any production still going on in remaining gland tissue.. further increasing available T4... and if you are having a problem with RT3 conversion.. that might be what is causing the aching limbs and feet...

.... something you might want to consider...

Another thought, related to my own experience... Calcium... If I take a full tab (500 mg) per day I get aching knuckles in both hands. If I take no calcium I get severe pain in the ligaments behind my left knee. If I take 250 mg, in divided doses, I have no pain in either hand or behind that knee.

Never heard of that happening to anyone before.. but I thought I'd toss it up in the air as a consideration.. just in case..

Topper ()

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 15:55:04 +0000 (GMT) MacGilchrist writes:

Dear Dorothy,

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I have been follow the whole iodine project protocol to the letter since july. I have also started taking zinc and iron and will start copper next week to try and adjust any T4 to T3 conversion problems. Then I shall do a liver detox in case the conversion problems stem from a below par liver function. In fact I don't think that I am very afflicted compared to most people in this forum. I don't have weight gain and hair loss problems and I am not too tired. It's just that my arms and legs hurt where the muscles join the bones and the arches of my feet ache. It's worse at the end of my cycle. I would be interested to hear from any body else with my problems. For the moment I am following the advice I found on www.ithyroid.com.

MacG.

________________________________To: RT3_T3 Sent: Monday, 8 December, 2008 16:38:25Subject: Re: RT3 symptomsHi ,I can't find anything that relates iodine to T4 to T3 conversion.However selenium is necessary for the process to take place. Do checkout the iodine group, but keep on top of the Rt3. It's hell if thatgets out of hand. Steph, the iodine moderator just said yesterday thather husband never took any thyroid meds but after 9 mos on iodine hisantibodies went away.Dorothy> I am following the Iodine Project Protocol for my fibrocystic breastdisease and hashi since July. I also have aches in my arms and legsand feet and think that this a T4 to T3 conversion problem (i.e. I gettoo much reverse T3 instead of the good stuff).

Click here to find experienced pros to help with your home improvement project.

topper2@... wrote

>

> Another thought, related to my own experience... Calcium... If I take

> a full tab (500 mg) per day I get aching knuckles in both hands. If I

> take no calcium I get severe pain in the ligaments behind my left

> knee. If I take 250 mg, in divided doses, I have no pain in either

> hand or behind that knee.

>

> Never heard of that happening to anyone before.. but I thought I'd

> toss it up in the air as a consideration.. just in case..

>