RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Growing more sensitive to T3

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Ag

I have the same problem. I gave a break to t3 today. it gives me terrible insomnia. last night i could not sleep till 6 am. I took some extra cortex extract but that made me even more awake.t3 is really helping me but i don't know why this occurs.it feels like adrenaline.

bw

nil

Re: Growing more sensitive to T3

It's true that some can and do sleep better with taking T3 at night. Perhaps I do have an adrenal insufficiency issue at night. From reading here and there I've come across more than a few references by doctors and patients alike that claim taking T3 too close to bed keeps them awake. Might still be adrenals. Don't know. For me T3 is stimulating. If it's just

Ag

clarify."t3 cleared my cortisol to quickly where I didnt get much good from the added t3"..?

also, at 1 1/2 armour you were taking....how much t3 would you have started with, right when you cut out armour that day? I dont want to crach, a Ive had several of these long lasting crashes, due to under medication and stress.

Subject: Re: Growing more sensitive to T3To: RT3_T3 Date: Thursday, December 25, 2008, 12:06 PM

The mistake I made adding T3 to 1 1/2 grains armour with high RT3 is that I crashed my adrenals. Seriously crashed. It created too much strain and drain to keep making RT3 with armour and take T3 simultaneously. T3 cleared my cortisol way too quickly where I didn't get much good from the added T3. Was on 17.5 mg HC at the time. Crashing my adrenals happened at 3 a.m. Christmas morning last year. It was a full blown adrenal crisis. Woke bolt upright out of a deep sleep, racing heart that escalated into beating so hard and fast I couldn't get a count. Probably upwards of 175 plus beats a min. Diarrhea, nausea, trembling, sweating, panicked. Came very close to calling 911. Perhaps because of the intense adrenaline surge I could think clearly. Went for salt and vit c and 10 mg HC. Looking back the 10 mg of HC was pathetic, but after 1 hour my heart rate lowered, temps

dropped to 95 and I was ice shivery cold. Took me 4 months to rebuild from this. Had to lower T3 and most certainly went off armour. I crawled out of this place. Had to shut my life down. Shut out people, places and things.

The best thing would have been to drop the armour entirely and add a small amount of T3. Increase as your temps stabilize.

AG

Posted by: "Leisa Forman" leisamelanie@... leisamelanie

Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:42 am (PST)

Im interested in you mistake of adding the t3 to the armour. Can you please explain how you went to high on the t3...and also explain how you corrected it..or better what the propper dosages and change over would have been ...thank you

Atlanta Girl wrote:

> Honestly, I think getting T3 right is super difficult. Perhaps

dividing

> it up into 3-4 doses and working it around eating is part of the

> difficulty. For me, taking it sublingually if I have eaten within an

> hour or so, I don't get the full dose. Others do. So I wait for an

> empty stomach. This takes a lot of planning. I feel free of the RT3 to

> be sure. No lower back pain. No brain fog. Hair is growing as are

> nails. No way am I going back to armour if I can avoid it. It took too

> long to get here.

>

> AG

95% of T3 is absorbed regardless of if it is taken on an empty stomach

or a full stomach. I don't work it around meals. I was doing it

sublingually until I researched the absorption rate and decided that

working it around meals is a complete waste of time. Also, the half

life of T3 for a euthyroid person is about 24 hours while hyper and hypo

have slight higher and slightly lower half life. So, once T3 is

absorbed and enters the blood stream, 24 hours later the amount in the

blood stream will still be 1/2 of what it was right after absorption.

So, the worst case is one might have to dose twice a day. I'm currently

taking T3 three times a day at 7 AM, 11 AM, and 3 PM but that's it which

means for 16 hours of the day I don't take any T3. I learned that

people were doing multi-day dosing on these thyroid lists and went with

it but now don't think it's really necessary. I'll move to twice a day

but after dealing with rt3 issues will switch to Armour and take that

one once a day only.

--

Steve - dudescholar4@...

Take World's Smallest Political Quiz at

http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html

" If a thousand old beliefs were ruined on our march

to truth we must still march on. " --Stopford

Oh absolutely but treating them is not fixing the damage done by 30

years of BAD treatments. I do nto feel hypothyroinow, now am I

hypoadrenal but th other issues are still there and I am nto sure I cna

ever get back to really feleing good with the issues I have from poor

treatment for so long.

--

Artistic Grooming- Hurricane WV

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/NaturalThyroidHormonesADRENALS/

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/RT3_T3/

gotcha...but are you thinking of going back to just t3?

Subject: Re: Re: Growing more sensitive to T3To: RT3_T3 Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 1:28 PM

My energy on T3 was 100 times better than on Armour whne I had high Rt3. But I am doing OK on Amrour now and even ona lower dose than I used to take. I just cannto compare myself and MY energy levels to someone that has normal IGF-1 and not Diabetic as both those issues cause low energy and other probalems.-- Artistic Grooming- Hurricane WV http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/ http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/NaturalThyroidHormonesADRENALS/ http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/RT3_T3/------------------------------------

do you take saw pametto for this?

Subject: Re: Growing more sensitive to T3To: RT3_T3 Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 1:19 PM

T3 is known to increase SHBG. Don't think HC is. Might be wrong about the influence of SHBG, I've just never seen this anywhere. Be interesting to see what happens on armour for you.

I honestkly think my SHBG went high from HC use. Before HC my free Testosterone was ion thehigh side, but since being on HC it dropped to WAY below range. My total testosterone has not changed much so I am assuming this i from SHBG and using this as an indicator. But I wil nto know if T3 actually affected it as now I am off Hc and back on Armour. but I knwo my free Testosterone went low LONG before I went on all T3.--

I just looked it up..shbg..goes up with hyperthyroid and down with hypo

Subject: Re: Growing more sensitive to T3To: RT3_T3 Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 1:19 PM

T3 is known to increase SHBG. Don't think HC is. Might be wrong about the influence of SHBG, I've just never seen this anywhere. Be interesting to see what happens on armour for you.

I honestkly think my SHBG went high from HC use. Before HC my free Testosterone was ion thehigh side, but since being on HC it dropped to WAY below range. My total testosterone has not changed much so I am assuming this i from SHBG and using this as an indicator. But I wil nto know if T3 actually affected it as now I am off Hc and back on Armour. but I knwo my free Testosterone went low LONG before I went on all T3.--

Not really! Armour is 1/4 the price and I have jst a few too many

hundreds going out every month in med bills! Now if RT3 returns yes I

will go nback to T3 in a heartbeat.

--

Sorry this is another of my many typos. It shoudl have read NOR am I

hypoadrneal. Not Now I am hypoadrenal. I just did a cortisl urine test

that showed high normal levels whiel OFF HC for over 2 weeks.

--

Oh hurrah then! That gives me hope( :

Subject: Re: Re: Growing more sensitive to T3To: RT3_T3 Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 2:17 PM

Sorry this is another of my many typos. It shoudl have read NOR am I hypoadrneal. Not Now I am hypoadrenal. I just did a cortisl urine test that showed high normal levels whiel OFF HC for over 2 weeks.-- Artistic Grooming- Hurricane WV http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/ http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/NaturalThyroidHormonesADRENALS/ http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/RT3_T3/------------------------------------

Hey AG,Can you remind me how you weaned down from t3 when you had high pulse? I need to go down slowley as my pulse is 112- for the past year.Is it possible that in being on 20 hc for the past year, my body is doing better and i don't require a much t3?I still feel hypo w/the high pulse.Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 3:36 PMTo: RT3_T3 Subject: Re: Growing more sensitive to T3Well we just have to be persistent, learn from our mistakes and keep on. Yes, when I got to 150, I went hyper a bit, needed to lower and maybe raise HC some. It can be years to look as hypo thy/adr as you really are. You'll get it right Leisa It takes way more time to get this right that I ever imagined when starting out. AGBoy..and Drs want to know why people self medicate!So, if you would have stayed at the 150mcg and added hc that would have been right?Confusing, as most say they have backed down from t3 after reverset3 is cleared...is that not correct?I am that exhausted as you were and have been for yrs. Its like a scarey secret I try my hardest to hide. I shake and cant deal with anything. I cant go to the movies...I feel like Im going to faint when I lift my arm to hang clothes at my job. I just breath deep and pray I wont fall. Everyone else is prancing around shopping for cute clothes and Im praying to stay coherent. Ive tried to tell doctors for yrs...but I guess they think I look pretty or young or whatever and dont realize that Im hanging on by a thread.Its very sad. [The entire original message is not included]

but we just heard from someone(dont remember who) who said that she backed down from t3...and found that doing so was a mistake.

Subject: Re: Growing more sensitive to T3To: RT3_T3 Date: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 3:11 PM

Hey Jenifer...... sorry to hear you are dealing with this high pulse thing still. How much have you tried lowering HC? As Val said, high cortisol can also cause high pulse. Have you given this any play? I recall your saying that you needed that 50 mcg T3 to prevent hair loss. I would come down on T3 by 2.5 mcg. You don't want to go hypo. I lowered by 2.5 mcg every week or so. I am not sure if you body needs less HC or less T3. My guess would be less HC to start. You said too that your pulse went up with starting the T3, correct? Are you back at work yet?

AG

Posted by: "Jen Galgano" jenifer_galgano@... jenifer_galgano

Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:18 am (PST)

Hey AG,Can you remind me how you weaned down from t3 when you had high pulse? I need to go down slowley as my pulse is 112- for the past year.Is it possible that in being on 20 hc for the past year, my body is doing better and i don't require a much t3?I still feel hypo w/the high pulse.

Well, this seems to be the problem. We don't know what is causing it. I just did an all day urine test for hormones and it had my cortisol levels in the middle of the range. For me the fast pulse was noticed in the begining of the year when they moved me back to armour and then increased me to 3 grains from 2. (i did not know to monitor my pulse at this time.) within 3 mths i went totally hypo on armour and slowly began the switch back to t3.At 1st we thought the reason for the fast pulse was rt3-i then cleared it and still had a fast pulse. I have tried taking sea salt-nothing. I have added magnesium -helped w/constipation, but nothing for the pulse. Last year i was on the same dose of cytomel and hc and had a pulse of 78. I know some people have delt w/this issue and had to lower t3, and then build back up slowly. (any info on that would help)I did lower my hc to 15mg 3 months ago and it did nothing for my pulse. I then got a really bad sinus infection, upped my hc, and when i lowered back to normal-stayed at 20. (my body seems to like 20 of hc)So do you think i should maintain the hc at 20, and slowly lower th hc by 2.5? How often did you lower- weekly? I should mention, while the depression lifted and hair loss stopped at 40 hc, i am still hypo at this dose. (dry skin, constipation, and weight loss issues)Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 7:39 PMTo: RT3_T3 Subject: Re: Re: Growing more sensitive to T3but we just heard from someone(dont remember who) who said that she backed down from t3..and found that doing so was a mistake.From: Atlanta Girl <growinghairbellsouth (DOT) net>Subject: Re: Growing more sensitive to T3To: RT3_T3 Date: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 3:11 PMHey Jenifer...... sorry to hear you are dealing with this high pulse thing still. How much have you tried lowering HC? As Val said, high cortisol can also cause high pulse. Have you given this any play? I recall your saying that you needed that 50 mcg T3 to prevent hair loss I would come down on T3 by 2.5 mcg. You don't want to go hypo I lowered by 2.5 mcg every week or so. I am not sure if you body needs less HC or less T3. My guess would be less HC to start. You said too that your pulse went up with starting the T3, correct? Are you back at work yet?AGPosted by: "Jen Galgano" [The entire original message is not included]

Ok, how high did your pulse go? Mine has been at a standing 108-120 for the past year now.Hypo symptoms:Hives (daily)Headaches/sinus issuesBad pmsTemp still in 97.9-98.0Less stamina then othersConstipationInability to lose weightCravings for sugarDry skin, cracking around nailsPealing finger nailsSwollen lymph glads week prior to period-had this for 10 yrsHyper symptoms:Fast pulseWell i guess this is telling. I should also mention on my test DHEA and testostrone was low. My doc started me on both to balence this out. (could they be affecting the pulse?)I think i will contact dr. Lowe as well.Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 8:49 AMTo: RT3_T3 Subject: Re: Growing more sensitive to T3Jenifer- have you tired going up on T3? Just wondering here if you are still hypo at 50, might the fast heat rate mean an increase in T3? It would seem contradictory, but I get an elevated pulse sometimes right before I am due a dose. Sounds like your 20 mg HC is right on target for you. How many hypo sx do you have? And how many hyper? One thing that comes to mind is a phone consult with Dr. Lowe. He is excellent at trouble shooting. AGWell, this seems to be the problem. We don't know what is causing it. I just did an all day urine test for hormones and it had my cortisol levels in the middle of the range. For me the fast pulse was noticed in the begining of the year when they moved me back to armour and then increased me to 3 grains from 2. (i did not know to monitor my pulse at this time.) within 3 mths i went totally hypo on armour and slowly began the switch back to t3.At 1st we thought the reason for the fast pulse was rt3-i then cleared it and still had a fast pulse. I have tried taking sea salt-nothing. I have added magnesium -helped w/constipation, but nothing for the pulse. Last year i was on the same dose of cytomel and hc and had a pulse of 78. I know some people have delt w/this issue and had to lower t3, and then build back up slowly. (any info on that would help)I did lower my hc to 15mg 3 m[The entire original message is not included]

iM low dhea and testosto also..but dhea is very bad for me .it makes estogen domminance much worse.

Subject: RE: Re: Growing more sensitive to T3To: RT3_T3 Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 10:40 AM

Ok, how high did your pulse go? Mine has been at a standing 108-120 for the past year now.Hypo symptoms:Hives (daily)Headaches/sinus issuesBad pmsTemp still in 97.9-98.0Less stamina then othersConstipationInability to lose weightCravings for sugarDry skin, cracking around nailsPealing finger nailsSwollen lymph glads week prior to period-had this for 10 yrsHyper symptoms:Fast pulseWell i guess this is telling. I should also mention on my test DHEA and testostrone was low. My doc started me on both to balence this out. (could they be affecting the pulse?)I think i will contact dr. Lowe as well.

Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 8:49 AMTo: RT3_T3 Subject: Re: Growing more sensitive to T3

Jenifer- have you tired going up on T3? Just wondering here if you are still hypo at 50, might the fast heat rate mean an increase in T3? It would seem contradictory, but I get an elevated pulse sometimes right before I am due a dose. Sounds like your 20 mg HC is right on target for you. How many hypo sx do you have? And how many hyper? One thing that comes to mind is a phone consult with Dr. Lowe. He is excellent at trouble shooting.

AG

Well, this seems to be the problem. We don't know what is causing it. I just did an all day urine test for hormones and it had my cortisol levels in the middle of the range. For me the fast pulse was noticed in the begining of the year when they moved me back to armour and then increased me to 3 grains from 2. (i did not know to monitor my pulse at this time.) within 3 mths i went totally hypo on armour and slowly began the switch back to t3.At 1st we thought the reason for the fast pulse was rt3-i then cleared it and still had a fast pulse. I have tried taking sea salt-nothing. I have added magnesium -helped w/constipation, but nothing for the pulse. Last year i was on the same dose of cytomel and hc and had a pulse of 78. I know some people have delt w/this issue and had to lower t3, and then build back up slowly. (any info on that would help)I did lower

my hc to 15mg 3 m[The entire original message is not included]