RemedySpot.com

Re: Growing more sensitive to T3

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It's true that some can and do sleep better with taking T3 at night. Perhaps I do have an adrenal insufficiency issue at night. From reading here and there I've come across more than a few references by doctors and patients alike that claim taking T3 too close to bed keeps them awake. Might still be adrenals. Don't know. For me T3 is stimulating. If it's just low cortisol, high adrenaline, I can't be sure. Every so often I try it again and don't do well.AGPosted by: "Leisa Forman" leisamelanie@... leisamelanieTue Dec 23, 2008 8:43 am (PST)See this is hard to understand because Val said that t3 does not make it hard to sleep...so it means your adrenals are reacting funny to the t3 right?

Gale,Dr. Sebring. You can check out his pod casts on iTunes. Beyond Medicine- Natural Health EmpowermentYou can download them for free. Dr. Sebring is unusual. An M.D. with a small practice in the Hill Country north of San . He's big into grain free, Paleo eating. Very important part of his teaching. He's a good one. Yes, I do like the care I receive. Anybody that sees him has got to be an off the beaten path person who seeks alternatives. He's cooperative and very good natured. They don't take insurance. I try and get my blood work done back in Ga. where I have insurance coverage. Hope this helps.Re: Growing more sensitive to T3Posted by: "Gale" nsndallas@... hypowhoWed Dec 24, 2008 5:19 am (PST)Would you mind sharing some info about the Dr that you use in Texas? Where is he & what is his name? Do you like the care that you receive?ThanksGale

Thank you AG. I will see what I can find out about Dr Sebring.

Gale

>

> Gale,

>

> Dr. Sebring. You can check out his pod casts on iTunes. Beyond

> Medicine- Natural Health Empowerment

>

> You can download them for free. Dr. Sebring is unusual. An M.D. with

> a small practice in the Hill Country north of San . He's big

> into grain free, Paleo eating. Very important part of his teaching.

> He's a good one. Yes, I do like the care I receive. Anybody that

> sees him has got to be an off the beaten path person who seeks

> alternatives. He's cooperative and very good natured. They don't

> take insurance. I try and get my blood work done back in Ga. where I

> have insurance coverage.

>

> Hope this helps.

>

>

>

> Re: Growing more sensitive to T3

> Posted by: " Gale " nsndallas@... hypowho

> Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:19 am (PST)

>

> Would you mind sharing some info about the Dr that you use in Texas?

> Where is he & what is his name? Do you like the care that you receive?

>

> Thanks

> Gale

>

Hey Jenifer...... sorry to hear you are dealing with this high pulse thing still. How much have you tried lowering HC? As Val said, high cortisol can also cause high pulse. Have you given this any play? I recall your saying that you needed that 50 mcg T3 to prevent hair loss. I would come down on T3 by 2.5 mcg. You don't want to go hypo. I lowered by 2.5 mcg every week or so. I am not sure if you body needs less HC or less T3. My guess would be less HC to start. You said too that your pulse went up with starting the T3, correct? Are you back at work yet?AGPosted by: "Jen Galgano" jenifer_galgano@... jenifer_galganoTue Dec 30, 2008 7:18 am (PST)Hey AG,Can you remind me how you weaned down from t3 when you had high pulse? I need to go down slowley as my pulse is 112- for the past year.Is it possible that in being on 20 hc for the past year, my body is doing better and i don't require a much t3?I still feel hypo w/the high pulse.

Jenifer- have you tired going up on T3? Just wondering here if you are still hypo at 50, might the fast heat rate mean an increase in T3? It would seem contradictory, but I get an elevated pulse sometimes right before I am due a dose. Sounds like your 20 mg HC is right on target for you. How many hypo sx do you have? And how many hyper? One thing that comes to mind is a phone consult with Dr. Lowe. He is excellent at trouble shooting. AGWell, this seems to be the problem. We don't know what is causing it. I just did an all day urine test for hormones and it had my cortisol levels in the middle of the range. For me the fast pulse was noticed in the begining of the year when they moved me back to armour and then increased me to 3 grains from 2. (i did not know to monitor my pulse at this time.) within 3 mths i went totally hypo on armour and slowly began the switch back to t3.At 1st we thought the reason for the fast pulse was rt3-i then cleared it and still had a fast pulse. I have tried taking sea salt-nothing. I have added magnesium -helped w/constipation, but nothing for the pulse. Last year i was on the same dose of cytomel and hc and had a pulse of 78. I know some people have delt w/this issue and had to lower t3, and then build back up slowly. (any info on that would help)I did lower my hc to 15mg 3 months ago and it did nothing for my pulse. I then got a really bad sinus infection, upped my hc, and when i lowered back to normal-stayed at 20. (my body seems to like 20 of hc)So do you think i should maintain the hc at 20, and slowly lower th hc by 25? How often did you lower- weekly? I should mention, while the depression lifted and hair loss stopped at 40 hc, i am still hypo at this dose. (dry skin, constipation, and weight loss issues).

Jenifer, My pulse is comfortable and healthy for me when it is 60 resting. Mine got to high 80's which was really bothersome in the way it felt. It's been difficult for me to interpret my vitals that I collect daily when raised heart rate is one of them. It can mean low or high HC, too high and too low T3. So I have to look at them in context to other sx. Lately when I need an increase in T3 I am very aware of my pulse going up. It lowers after an increase. It's one of the sx that has gotten me off track. Usually adding androgens helps lower pulse and it strengthens the heart muscle. You have to be careful to test to see what the T and DHEA are converting to. DHEA for me converted to a good bit of E as well as T. You will like Dr. Lowe. He is very clear and easy to communicate with.agOk, how high did your pulse go? Mine has been at a standing 108-120 for the past year now.Hypo symptoms:Hives (daily)Headaches/sinus issuesBad pmsTemp still in 97.9-98.0Less stamina then othersConstipationInability to lose weightCravings for sugarDry skin, cracking around nailsPealing finger nailsSwollen lymph glads week prior to period-had this for 10 yrsHyper symptoms:Fast pulseWell i guess this is telling. I should also mention on my test DHEA and testostrone was low. My doc started me on both to balence this out. (could they be affecting the pulse?)I think i will contact dr. Lowe as well.