RemedySpot.com

Air Hunger, HELP!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello all!

I'm posting for a girlfriend of mine.

She has hypothyroidism and hashimotos. She had a baby 18 months ago. She has a very good doc who raises/lowers her

meds (cytomel & levoxyl) from symptoms. He had her at 200 mcg levoxyl and 125 mcg of cytomel during her pregnancy

and after.

About a month ago, she started exhibiting classic hyper symptoms. Shaking hands, fluttery feeling, overall racing

feeling. She met with doc and he lowered her cytomel to 100 mcg, and kept her levoxyl at 200 mcg.

Those hyper symptoms have disappeared, but now she has what I call "air hunger". You can't take a deep enough

breath. Always gasping for air, especially walking up stairs with weight, such as her baby, laundry load, etc.

Poor girlie works out 5 days/week. She is in great shape with minimal weight to lose. But over the last month, again working

out 5 days/week as hard as she can, she gained 5 lbs.

Now this air hunger symptom is her greatest concern, as it should be. I had it a few years back. What I did was to

completely ditch the levoxyl (t4). Within 3 days of no t4, the air hunger went away.

I was on 300 mcg levoxyl with the same doc only he had me on 75 mcg of cytomel also.

So, my question for my best girl friend is this.....

Increase the t3 back to 125 mcg?

Why would taking away 25 mcg of t3 remove her hyper symptoms of shaking etc but add air hunger?

Can you give me a suggestion for her?

Mine would be to remove t4 completely, as I never felt as good as when I got rid of it. But, I can't lose weight, whereas

she has lost all her weight on the t4/t3 combo, and of course doesn't want to gain any of it back.

HELP please!

Tammy

Messages in this topic (9)

Reply (via web post)

|

Start a new topic

Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar

MARKETPLACE

From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods

Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional

Visit Your Group |

Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use |

Unsubscribe

Recent Activity

New Members

New Links

Visit Your Group

Yahoo! Health

Asthma Triggers

How you can

identify them.

Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

Cat Groups

on Yahoo! Groups

Share pictures &

stories about cats.

Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations including songs for the holidays FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!