RemedySpot.com

Re: Is there anything to print that talks about FT3 levels on Cytomel?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

All you can do is try it. You will probably know pretty quick if it si

helping or hurting. Watch your temps if they start to lower, you knwo it

si converting to RT3.

--

Artistic Grooming- Hurricane WV

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/NaturalThyroidHormonesADRENALS/

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/RT3_T3/

Thanks Val. That what I'm worried about the most since I had a horrid ratio (7) before starting Cytomel. Might try just to see and then I can say for sure what's what and move onto another doctor.

Would I have to lower my 50 T3, you think? He wanted me to but I said, I don't want to do that. He left it to me.

All you can do is try it. You will probably know pretty quick if it si helping or hurting. Watch your temps if they start to lower, you knwo it si converting to RT3. -- Artistic Grooming- Hurricane WVhttp://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/NaturalThyroidHormonesADRENALS/

No, temps not normal but almost getting there. Like 98.3-98.4 (3 a day average) This has come up and become stable after only a couple of days on 1/4 pill of Florinef, even though I lowered cytomel. Weird.

Labs from 3 days ago,

TSH .14 (.4-5)

FT4 <.25 (.58-1.64)

FT3 3.9 (2.3-4.2)

That's on 50 T3. When I was on 65 T3 the FT3 was 460 (range up to 420). I was so close. With that dosing I actually had one day of 98.6 temp and felt sooooo much better that day than any other day in the last 13 years. Because of this and all the things I know to be true about how we can get better.....it's make me crazy that a doctor would say, this is as good as it gets. Sick.

I tell him, well yes my FT4 is low because I don't take any T4. He says that's not the way you do this and that's not the way the thyroid works. Well, that might be right in a perfect world but my world is far from perfect.

Have you had thyroid labs? Is your temp normal? -- Artistic Grooming- Hurricane WVhttp://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/NaturalThyroidHormonesADRENALS/

Is there any point to even trying this? He will not let me add any T3. I wonder now that I have HC will some of the T4 actually convert. No one knows. I know T4 takes 4 to 6 weeks to build but if things start going wrong I would know pretty quickly if I use temps as an indicator, right?

Ok then you need to add to the T3 not take ANY of it out. -- Artistic Grooming- Hurricane WVhttp://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/NaturalThyroidHormonesADRENALS/

Oh Birddyy,

So sorry your doctor visit didn't go well, I was hoping he would

listen. Even with information from the manufacturer!! I guess doc is

not a bright bulb.... You couldn't give me enough money to ever go on

synthetic T4 again.

-

>

> Val - do you have anything that shows that FT3 levels need to be above

> range when taking T3 only?

>

> I won't go into every detail of my doctors visit today but it is not

> good. He is TSH obsessed but doesn't mind it if it's like .2 or .3 but

> says that I'm on to much T3 (50) and that the way I feel is as good as

> it's going to get. Hey, right...I don't think so. I told him at 65 I

> was feeling a little better and that I needed just a little bit more to

> get my temps up and I was on the brink of some breakthrough. He said,

> get this....yes T3 will give you more energy but will cause osteo and

> heart attacks. I showed him the study that shows it doesn't cause

> osteo and he says, well... and then says there are many other studies

> that show it does. I say, those studies are for people on T4 only and

> he says that's not true. Well, I guess those are my cues to say, see

> ya and as another poster suggested give him the Italian salute.

>

> Sorry, I had to vent. Very depressing to think this is as good as it

> gets. Not being able to work or do anything other than stay at home.

> That's doctoring I guess in his mind.

>

Hi ,

I just don't know if I should be adding the T4. It might set me back big time and I can't chance that. Would you add it to your T3 or have you gone down that route and said, never again?

As for the manufacturer info. I told him that the pharmacists told me I should be suppressing TSH completely and he said that was malpractice for her to do that since she's not a doctor. He said, remember she wants to sell as much T3 as possible. Well, duh of course, I know that I'm not an idiot but still if she says that unsolicited there is something to that.

Oh Birddyy,So sorry your doctor visit didn't go well, I was hoping he wouldlisten. Even with information from the manufacturer!! I guess doc isnot a bright bulb.... You couldn't give me enough money to ever go on

synthetic T4 again.- >> Val - do you have anything that shows that FT3 levels need to be above

> range when taking T3 only?> > I won't go into every detail of my doctors visit today but it is not > good. He is TSH obsessed but doesn't mind it if it's like .2 or .3 but > says that I'm on to much T3 (50) and that the way I feel is as good as

> it's going to get. Hey, right...I don't think so. I told him at 65 I > was feeling a little better and that I needed just a little bit more to > get my temps up and I was on the brink of some breakthrough. He said,

> get this....yes T3 will give you more energy but will cause osteo and > heart attacks. I showed him the study that shows it doesn't cause > osteo and he says, well... and then says there are many other studies

> that show it does. I say, those studies are for people on T4 only and > he says that's not true. Well, I guess those are my cues to say, see > ya and as another poster suggested give him the Italian salute.

> > Sorry, I had to vent. Very depressing to think this is as good as it > gets. Not being able to work or do anything other than stay at home. > That's doctoring I guess in his mind.>

Birrdyy,

I was on all T4, now armour. I did terrible on T4 only, one dose

couldn't get out of bed, raise, couldn't peel me off of the ceiling.

Also, I would wheeze within 30 min. of taking it. I took it for

awhile with armour, still wheezed. And, I don't have asthma. I

presently have reverse T3, may need to go on all T3. I would take T4

under 2 conditions: 1) if it is in armour and 2) if I didn't have

adverse effects to the T4. See, I have it planned out if I go on T3!

You know your body best, you are with it every day!!! Doctors need to

respect that. I don't know if I'd chance it. Any way you can get

another doctor?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8252740

This link says there is no way low TSH causes osteoporosis. Not sure

your doc can be convinced, though. But it is a government site!!!

A lot of people are in your situation. Have you tried pharmacies near

you asking if they know who prescribes cytomel in your area? Even

those prescribing armour may be open to all T3 treatment.

> > >

> > > Val - do you have anything that shows that FT3 levels need to be

above

> > > range when taking T3 only?

> > >

> > > I won't go into every detail of my doctors visit today but it is not

> > > good. He is TSH obsessed but doesn't mind it if it's like .2 or

..3 but

> > > says that I'm on to much T3 (50) and that the way I feel is as

good as

> > > it's going to get. Hey, right...I don't think so. I told him at 65 I

> > > was feeling a little better and that I needed just a little bit

more to

> > > get my temps up and I was on the brink of some breakthrough. He

said,

> > > get this....yes T3 will give you more energy but will cause

osteo and

> > > heart attacks. I showed him the study that shows it doesn't cause

> > > osteo and he says, well... and then says there are many other

studies

> > > that show it does. I say, those studies are for people on T4

only and

> > > he says that's not true. Well, I guess those are my cues to say, see

> > > ya and as another poster suggested give him the Italian salute.

> > >

> > > Sorry, I had to vent. Very depressing to think this is as good as it

> > > gets. Not being able to work or do anything other than stay at home.

> > > That's doctoring I guess in his mind.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Thanks .

That is the study I brought him and he said that they measured the bone denity in some kind of wrong measurement. Whatever! It was his way of getting out of it. He says they have many more studies showing it does cause it. I had horrid RT3 problems after being on Synthcrap for 5 years. My ratio was 7. I never had any real problems with Syth other than feeling like hell but no noticable physical (asthma etc) problems.

I have another doctor that's really good and says we don't need T4 for anything, it's just a storage hormone but had to go to this guy because of insurance. T3 is so expensive. Even with the co-pay I'm paying $100 a month for just 50mcg. I wish I could just go to Armour but I'm also allergic to pork so am worried about that.

The good doc is not TSH obsessed but did comment that mine was very low and because that day I had a very high pulse it freaked him out. The high pulse I now know was from low aldosterone.

I think I might not have any other choice but to go to the good doctor and go further into debt for the drugs. They leave us no other choice.

Birrdyy,I was on all T4, now armour. I did terrible on T4 only, one dosecouldn't get out of bed, raise, couldn't peel me off of the ceiling. Also, I would wheeze within 30 min. of taking it. I took it for

awhile with armour, still wheezed. And, I don't have asthma. Ipresently have reverse T3, may need to go on all T3. I would take T4under 2 conditions: 1) if it is in armour and 2) if I didn't haveadverse effects to the T4. See, I have it planned out if I go on T3!

You know your body best, you are with it every day!!! Doctors need torespect that. I don't know if I'd chance it. Any way you can getanother doctor? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8252740

This link says there is no way low TSH causes osteoporosis. Not sureyour doc can be convinced, though. But it is a government site!!! A lot of people are in your situation. Have you tried pharmacies near

you asking if they know who prescribes cytomel in your area? Eventhose prescribing armour may be open to all T3 treatment. > > >> > > Val - do you have anything that shows that FT3 levels need to beabove> > > range when taking T3 only?> > >

> > > I won't go into every detail of my doctors visit today but it is not> > > good. He is TSH obsessed but doesn't mind it if it's like .2 or.3 but> > > says that I'm on to much T3 (50) and that the way I feel is as

good as> > > it's going to get. Hey, right...I don't think so. I told him at 65 I> > > was feeling a little better and that I needed just a little bitmore to> > > get my temps up and I was on the brink of some breakthrough. He

said,> > > get this....yes T3 will give you more energy but will causeosteo and> > > heart attacks. I showed him the study that shows it doesn't cause> > > osteo and he says, well... and then says there are many other

studies> > > that show it does. I say, those studies are for people on T4only and> > > he says that's not true. Well, I guess those are my cues to say, see> > > ya and as another poster suggested give him the Italian salute.

> > >> > > Sorry, I had to vent. Very depressing to think this is as good as it> > > gets. Not being able to work or do anything other than stay at home.> > > That's doctoring I guess in his mind.

> > >> >> > > >>

Birrdyy,

I called for prices on Cytomel. It was about $100 for 100 tablets

(give or take a little, higher mg. were a little higher). I know there

are 50 mg. tabs that can be split, even quartered. The price I was

quoted was cash price, that can be cheaper than insurance. Your doc

has to write " take as needed " for instruction, and you have to assure

him you won't use insurance because insurance wants to give you 30

days at a time. Costco online has a pretty good price, Wal Mart and

Kroger have cash prices as well. There are more, you just have to ask

the pharmacist.

Maybe that will save you some money.

-

>

> Thanks .

>

> That is the study I brought him and he said that they measured the bone

> denity in some kind of wrong measurement. Whatever! It was his way of

> getting out of it. He says they have many more studies showing it does

> cause it. I had horrid RT3 problems after being on Synthcrap for 5

years.

> My ratio was 7. I never had any real problems with Syth other than

feeling

> like hell but no noticable physical (asthma etc) problems.

>

> I have another doctor that's really good and says we don't need T4 for

> anything, it's just a storage hormone but had to go to this guy

because of

> insurance. T3 is so expensive. Even with the co-pay I'm paying

$100 a

> month for just 50mcg. I wish I could just go to Armour but I'm also

> allergic to pork so am worried about that.

>

> The good doc is not TSH obsessed but did comment that mine was very

low and

> because that day I had a very high pulse it freaked him out. The

high pulse

> I now know was from low aldosterone.

>

> I think I might not have any other choice but to go to the good

doctor and

> go further into debt for the drugs. They leave us no other choice.

Thanks so much for the extra work, I really appreciate it. How stupid of me, I didn't even think about getting 50s and quartering them. I was paying so much for the 5mcg pills and taking 2 at a time 5 times a day. Sometimes the obvious is the hardest to see. Thanks again.

Birrdyy,I called for prices on Cytomel. It was about $100 for 100 tablets(give or take a little, higher mg. were a little higher). I know thereare 50 mg. tabs that can be split, even quartered. The price I was

quoted was cash price, that can be cheaper than insurance. Your dochas to write " take as needed " for instruction, and you have to assurehim you won't use insurance because insurance wants to give you 30

days at a time. Costco online has a pretty good price, Wal Mart andKroger have cash prices as well. There are more, you just have to askthe pharmacist.Maybe that will save you some money.- >

> Thanks .> > That is the study I brought him and he said that they measured the bone> denity in some kind of wrong measurement. Whatever! It was his way of> getting out of it. He says they have many more studies showing it does

> cause it. I had horrid RT3 problems after being on Synthcrap for 5years.> My ratio was 7. I never had any real problems with Syth other thanfeeling> like hell but no noticable physical (asthma etc) problems.

> > I have another doctor that's really good and says we don't need T4 for> anything, it's just a storage hormone but had to go to this guybecause of> insurance. T3 is so expensive. Even with the co-pay I'm paying

$100 a> month for just 50mcg. I wish I could just go to Armour but I'm also> allergic to pork so am worried about that.> > The good doc is not TSH obsessed but did comment that mine was very

low and> because that day I had a very high pulse it freaked him out. Thehigh pulse> I now know was from low aldosterone.> > I think I might not have any other choice but to go to the good

doctor and> go further into debt for the drugs. They leave us no other choice.