RemedySpot.com

Re: DHEA and Vit D

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I would seriously question doing iron infusions with a ferritin of 54.

Sounds damned dangerous to me.

I'm working very hard to get mine DOWN to 50.

sol

wrote:

> WOW I am impressed with a doc that wikll do infusions with Ferritin that

> good! LOL YEs it si still too low and Ithink by far the fastest and

> easiest way to bring uplow iron is with infusions. but most docs won;t

> do them till people a re enar dead with ferritin below 10.

Oh, I see, yuo have trouble keeping ferritin at 54 even with supplements?

Still, do be sure to keep testing ferritin. Too much iron is more

dangerous though less uncomfortable than too little. I know Val does not

agree with me on this, but that is my opinion from my researches.

sol

liebs8181 wrote:

> His first suggestion for the ferritin was to continue iron supplements and

> see after oh, 6 months, if it raised it enough. If not, then we could to

> the infusions. To which, I said, " Any reason we just can't jump to the

> infusions? Why wait? " My appointment with the doc was over at noon and I

> was able to make an appointment with his on-staff nurse for 12:30. An hour

> in the chair and I was on my way. I get to go back in a week for another.

>

> The only down side is the price: $160 per infusion. His office doesn't

> take insurance, but we have a huge deductible/catastrophic care insurance

> policy, so all this stuff is out-of-pocket for me anyway.

>

> Glad to know you agree DHEA is fine now with stable cortisol. He thinks I

> may be able to reduce the cortisol after the DHEA.

>

>

>

> -----Original Message-----

>

> WOW I am impressed with a doc that wikll do infusions with Ferritin that

> good! LOL YEs it si still too low and Ithink by far the fastest and easiest

> way to bring uplow iron is with infusions. but most docs won;t do them till

> people a re enar dead with ferritin below 10. I concur with adding DHEA NOW

> as your cortisol is stable. And 5000IU is not mega dose d.. it si the MDR! I

> take 3000-4000 daily just because. But have nevr had mine tested. I will be

> curious to know how fast this brings yours up!

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Hi Birrdy ~

I don't know if low DHEA is a contributor to high RT3 ~ although it would make sense, no? The doc did mention increased DHEA would probably lead to a decrease in my HC dose.

Sticking with T3 and not adding Armour was more an issue of watching for reactions than any issue with combinations. My body is really sensitive, so adding only one thing at a time will let me know if there is any reactivity. Of course, I'm too impatient and added in some 1/2 grain Armour this morning to my 100mcg T3~ with no negative side effects. I expect the DHEA to arrive Thursday, so this will give me a few days to watch for Armour reactions (usually swelling in my fingers).

take care,

~

-----Original Message-----From: RT3_T3 [mailto:RT3_T3 ]On Behalf Of birrdyySent: Friday, December 05, 2008 2:02 PMTo: RT3_T3 Subject: Re: DHEA and Vit DWow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Can I ask about the DHEA. I am in desperate need of it as well, mine is 31. Why does he want DHEA before trying to go back to Armour. My doctor wants me to add in T4 to my Cytomel (I'm allergic to pork) and I was going to wait to bring up Ferritan before doing that. Would low DHEA make RT3? I've also read that getting DHEA would also maybe let people lower HC? Is that something he mentioned?Thanks.

Hi Birrdy ~

Yup... the guy is good! :) He follows Hertoghe's suggestions for HC dosing ~his comfort range for women is 30-40mgs and told me to dose to how I feel. He prefers Armour (as do I), but is okay with me sticking with T3 for now and wrote a script for Cytomel. He's fine with me trying to add the Armour back into the mix, but suggested it might be more prudent to get the DHEA, etc., on an even keel before attempting. His comfort level for Cytomel was up to 125mgs.

take care,

~

-----Original Message-----From: RT3_T3 [mailto:RT3_T3 ]On Behalf Of birrdyySent: Friday, December 05, 2008 9:59 AMTo: RT3_T3 Subject: Re: DHEA and Vit DWhat I'm impressed with is the fact that he has his own ranges. Imagine a doctor who doesn't practice medicine by by what the lab says it should be and what the lab says is optimal. What, use his own intelligence, no say it isn't so!How is he with HC and thyroid meds? A brain???

Thanks much .

Hi Birrdy ~

I don't know if low DHEA is a contributor to high RT3 ~ although it would make sense, no? The doc did mention increased DHEA would probably lead to a decrease in my HC dose.

Sticking with T3 and not adding Armour was more an issue of watching for reactions than any issue with combinations. My body is really sensitive, so adding only one thing at a time will let me know if there is any reactivity. Of course, I'm too impatient and added in some 1/2 grain Armour this morning to my 100mcg T3~ with no negative side effects. I expect the DHEA to arrive Thursday, so this will give me a few days to watch for Armour reactions (usually swelling in my fingers).

take care,

~

-----Original Message-----From: RT3_T3 [mailto:RT3_T3 ]On Behalf Of birrdyySent: Friday, December 05, 2008 2:02 PMTo: RT3_T3 Subject: Re: DHEA and Vit DWow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Can I ask about the DHEA. I am in desperate need of it as well, mine is 31. Why does he want DHEA before trying to go back to Armour. My doctor wants me to add in T4 to my Cytomel (I'm allergic to pork) and I was going to wait to bring up Ferritan before doing that. Would low DHEA make RT3? I've also read that getting DHEA would also maybe let people lower HC? Is that something he mentioned?Thanks.

Hi Birrdy ~

Yup... the guy is good! :) He follows Hertoghe's suggestions for HC dosing ~his comfort range for women is 30-40mgs and told me to dose to how I feel. He prefers Armour (as do I), but is okay with me sticking with T3 for now and wrote a script for Cytomel. He's fine with me trying to add the Armour back into the mix, but suggested it might be more prudent to get the DHEA, etc., on an even keel before attempting. His comfort level for Cytomel was up to 125mgs.

take care,

~

-----Original Message-----From: RT3_T3 [mailto:RT3_T3 ]On Behalf Of birrdyySent: Friday, December 05, 2008 9:59 AMTo: RT3_T3 Subject: Re: DHEA and Vit DWhat I'm impressed with is the fact that he has his own ranges. Imagine a doctor who doesn't practice medicine by by what the lab says it should be and what the lab says is optimal. What, use his own intelligence, no say it isn't so!How is he with HC and thyroid meds? A brain???