Margie, I am sure you will :-)

KimP

<<I am sure that I can make it all the way with the help of this

WONDERFUL Group of Friends.

Margie from PA

282/212/139

since 2/21/>>

• 10 months later...

I am in Arkansas and I know things are different here, but just a thought. We have a non-profit organization called " The Family Resource Center " . It will help people pay for their medicine 3 times a year. Every little bit helps. Might check to see if you have any non-profits organizations in your area. Hoping your having a low pain day. your friend cookie

• 6 years later...
Guest guest

Hi Margie,

We were first told by Mass. General that my husband was a candidate for Proton Therapy. So we sent up an appointment and traveled to Boston but the doctor told us because my husband's Gleason number was so high ( a 9) and that the cancer was so aggressive that they wanted to radiate the lymph nodes as well and that IMRT has the range to do this.So he would not do the Proton Therapy. I have heard that Loma in California and a hospital in ville, Florida would take a Gleason 9, but we do not have the money to travel to Florida which would be the closets for us. After some more research we found an accredited hospital about 15 minutes away from home that has IMRT. We had an appointment there and my husband's treatments will start in May. He had 10 days of Casodex and on the 15th of Feb. had an injection of Zolodex this was to stop the cancer from spreading and to shrink the prostate. But if you can get Proton Therapy I feel ( just in my opinion) t

hat Protons is the way to go. Less side effects. Take care and God Bless

Best of Luck to you and your husband!!

Sheila

-------------- Original message --------------

Hi Sheila,

Would you mind saying why your husband was turned down for Proton therapy? I'm curious about what makes it an option or not.

Margie

On 3/30/08, shedormancomcast (DOT) net <shedormancomcast (DOT) net> wrote:

Hi ,

I'm glad your back. I was wondering what was happening with you. I just wanted to wish you both luck with the DaVinci surgeon. My husband was not a candidate for either robitic surgery or Proton Beam Therapy so we are going for IMRT treatments starting in May. My thoughts and prayers are with you both, please keep up informed of how your appointment goes. We have a friend who had the DaVinci surgery and he is doing very well. Take care and God Bless.

Sheila

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "juliekalber" <juliekalber>

Hi everyone. This is of Ralph and fame. My other Yahoo account got hijacked tonight, sigh. I have rejoined - just letting you know so there is no confusion. - I cant access your mail to reply, can you please send me another email at juliekalber so I can respond? ThanksNothing happening here right now - we are waiting for an appt with a da Vinci surgeon on 9th April.