RemedySpot.com

Re: chelation and RT3

Rate this topic

Guest guest

>

> Actually if you getthyroid and adrenal CORRECT you should not NEED

to

> chelate as the hormones do the detox naturally and FOR YOU.

>

-------------------------------

That would be wonderful.....!

Ive heard of that too,yet I feel fabulous(well comparitivly speaking) when I take 3 drops a day. I notice it if I skip to days..cloudy(er) thinking and less energy.

Subject: RE: Re: chelation and RT3To: RT3_T3 Date: Wednesday, December 24, 2008, 10:59 PM

It would be interesting to know the mechanism relating to iodine and metals since iodine does not combine chemically with mercury (I’m not sure about the others) If it does in fact increase urinary excretion of mercury and other metals. Mercury will not float around the body “loose” for very long. If it were mobilized by some mechanism influenced by iodine, it would be grabbed by another thiol (sulfhydryl) group almost instantly. It would not just float out of the body “unattended.” Mercury molecules are strongly attracted to thiols (such as cysteine) which are virtually everywhere in the body. Maybe I’ll run this by the chelation folks to get their thoughts.

Iodine displaces bromine, fluorine, and chlorine (all including iodine are halogens), so if a person takes too much too soon, it can cause “detox” symptoms as those minerals are mobilized in the body in amounts too great for the eliminative organs to handle. There’s so much of those substances in our food, water, and environment that most of us probably have lots of it stored in our tissues. I’ve heard of people getting pretty sick from starting on too large a dose of iodine.

Dana

From: RT3_T3 [mailto: RT3_T3 ] On Behalf Of ladyhawkblue2

I took iodine for awhile and it caused me to feel worse and to have toincrease my T3.I think it mobilizes mercury but does not hang on to it like chelatorsare supposed to.I wonder how many people on this list have heavymetals and don't know it.Most everyone has amalgam fillings.I know another woman with mercury toxicity who has tried everythingand she has also said that the only thing that has helped her is T3.,___

Thats interesting..and gives me hope that when I finally take t3..it will help that too. I got sick right around the time I had my fillings removed,poorly.But I also had epstien barr..so who knows.

Subject: Re: chelation and RT3To: RT3_T3 Date: Wednesday, December 24, 2008, 10:05 PM

I took iodine for awhile and it caused me to feel worse and to have toincrease my T3.I think it mobilizes mercury but does not hang on to it like chelatorsare supposed to.I wonder how many people on this list have heavymetals and don't know it.Most everyone has amalgam fillings.I know another woman with mercury toxicity who has tried everythingand she has also said that the only thing that has helped her is T3.Here is a little excerpt on iodine.Heavy Metal DetoxificationOne unique feature of iodine supplementation, discovered during someof the more recent research, was that the heavy metals lead, mercury,cadmium, and to a lesser extent aluminum, are naturally excretedthrough the urine in significantly higher amounts over baseline wheniodine is supplemented.Heavy metals are known to be chronic disruptorsof metabolism, interfering with nearly every metabolic function in

thebody including the nervous system, neurotransmitters, hormones, andcellular metabolism of energy. The important fact to remember is thatheavy metals are cumulative poisons that are poorly excreted from thebody. This means that trivial sources of metal can still add to yourlifetime load. http://www.healthnatura.com/art_iodine_metabolism.htm> I don't think iodine is involved. Chemically it doesn't combine with> mercury. Mercury combines with sulfur compounds called thiols or> "mercaptans," of which there are many in our body (cysteine is a common> component of body proteins). That's also why compounds with two "thiols"> (sulfur containing substances) are necessary to "grab" mercury away from> body tissues which contain single thiols (not as strong a bond).Di-thiol> substances (DMSA, DMPS,

alpha lipoic acid) have a stronger bond than the> sulfur compounds in body tissue so can pull mercury out and carry itaway. > > ------------------------------------

What I am looking for is something to compete with iodine, and lower

levels of it. Nasty as fluoride is, if it would cause iodine to excrete

through the urine, that would be a benefit to me.

I am NOT looking for more iodine, LOL.

sol

dorothyroeder wrote:

> The way I understand it, fluoride takes the space allotted for iodine

> when there is insufficient iodine to fill the spaces. The way to avoid

> getting a body full of bromine, fluorine and perchlorates is to make

> sure it has plenty of iodine.

>

> Iodine is transported into cells via the sodium/iodide symporter

> system. The body prefers iodine and iodine can compete with the other

> halogens, according to Brownstein's book. I assume he means compete

> successfully. When given large doses of iodine, subjects in the test

> excreted less than the amount of iodine given and urine levels of the

> other halogens were increased.

>

> Dorothy

>

>

>> I am trying to find out if fluorine can displace iodine, and if it can,

>> what then happens to the freed up iodine? Or does it only work one way?

>> Iodine can displace fluorine, but fluorine cannot displace iodine?

>> sol

>>

>>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

> Googling I found some conflicting info, so I'm not sure how it works.

Not sure what kind of conflicting info you mean. I have been reading

Dr Peatfield's book. He mentions some danger of taking in too much

iodine but I found no references for those statements. I can only

assume he is buying into the mass iodophobia (term assigned by Dr

Abraham) hypteria that has poisoned modern medical practice, the

results of the bad science reported as the Wolff-Chaikoff effect. That

mistake is so all-pervading that few think to question or investigate it.

http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/IOD-04/IOD_04.html

Dorothy

I found a rather scientific site (didn’t

keep the link) that says the all others displace iodine (which is the heaviest

halogen and I believe the least reactive), but the test setting wasn’t

clear (and I didn’t spend a lot of time and brain power trying to figure

it out). It makes more sense to me that the body would “kick out”

the others when iodine is available.

Dana

> Googling I found some conflicting info, so I'm

not sure how it works.

Not sure what kind of conflicting info you mean. I have been reading

Dr Peatfield's book. He mentions some danger of taking in too much

iodine but I found no references for those statements. I can only

assume he is buying into the mass iodophobia (term assigned by Dr

Abraham) hypteria that has poisoned modern medical practice, the

results of the bad science reported as the Wolff-Chaikoff effect. That

mistake is so all-pervading that few think to question or investigate it.

http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/IOD-04/IOD_04.html