RemedySpot.com

Re: Growing more sensitive to T3

Rate this topic

Guest guest

There has been a lot of discussion about this in the past. Seems it is best to drop the armour cold and add back the t3 part of it. 9 mcg per grain. Then increase 2.5 to 5 mcg every 5-7 days or so. The sooner you stop making rt3 the better.agRe: Growing more sensitive to T3Posted by: "Leisa Forman" leisamelanie@... leisamelanieFri Dec 26, 2008 11:24 am (PST)You would have stopped armour cold turkey? and added 25 t3...and then what?

I took the isocort first last night just too see. Waited and it didn't lower my heart rate or pounding. THEN I went for the HC.Honestly, I think getting T3 right is super difficult. Perhaps dividing it up into 3-4 doses and working it around eating is part of the difficulty. For me, taking it sublingually if I have eaten within an hour or so, I don't get the full dose. Others do. So I wait for an empty stomach. This takes a lot of planning. I feel free of the RT3 to be sure. No lower back pain. No brain fog. Hair is growing as are nails. No way am I going back to armour if I can avoid it. It took too long to get here. AGm leisamelanieFri Dec 26, 2008 11:26 am (PST)why are you taking hc and isocort?how are you feeling on 120 t3? compared to the armour?

> Ive had problems with estrogen domminance, and want to know if I

>should expect changes from the t3.

My estrogen was high but went down after starting HC. HC reduced my

high ACTH also. FWIW.

Dorothy

.... finally had a sec to check on Dr. Diehl. She looks excellent! Might be worth a trip to her. I'll call there on Monday. She certainly covers all pertinent health topics. Great testing. I agree that she looks like quite the sleuth. Well said. This is my kind of doc for sure. Will let you know what I discover.Thanks for the tip,AGI found this doc. on Shomon's list, top docs on thethyroid-about.com list. Her name is Dr. Diehl. She is in Traveler'sRest, near Greenville, SC. You are closer to her than I am. If youwouldn't mind, take a look and let me know what you think. I have this worry that something else un-thyroid could be going on. Another board I am on, one of the moderators had energy issues, rightnow he is recovering from bypass surgery, that was the cause of hisproblem. Dr. Diehl looks like quite the sleuth, I would feel muchbetter to be thoroughly examined to know that I am headed in the rightdirection for health.

I feel bad from all the changes I have made. Have not had any hormone stability in a long time. It's not so much the T3 as it is changing it that causes hormone upheaval. For me it's juggling dynamite. But this is just me. The longer I don't change anything the better I feel. It was necessary to make the changes I did as I arrived at my right dose. Anytime I make hormone changes where my body feels the lane shift, I have hair shedding. If I could learn to be seamless it would help a lot. I can't make the changes that many women can. Doesn't work for me. Yes, takes a lot of cortisol to use T3. You are increasing your metabolism with T3.AGwanna make sure I understand you. you dont want to change back to armour..but you feel terrible now on t3? t3 makes hair fall out worse?(great I only have half my hair left due to falling) t3 "clears" cortisol...means that it takes alot of cortisol to use t3?

AG,

I dose my armour kind of like you dose your T3. I take 2/3 of my dose when I

get up, the

other 1/3 at 4 pm. I can't sleep if I take it later. I did try 3x dosing,

didn't like it, not

enough in the morning. I have heard of others that take armour this way and

like it. If I

move over to T3, I will start dosing the same way since it works the best.

-

AG,

Please let me know!!!! Can't wait to see what you find out!

-

>

> .... finally had a sec to check on Dr. Diehl. She looks

> excellent! Might be worth a trip to her. I'll call there on Monday.

> She certainly covers all pertinent health topics. Great testing. I

> agree that she looks like quite the sleuth. Well said. This is my

> kind of doc for sure.

> Will let you know what I discover.

> Thanks for the tip,

>

> AG

>

> I found this doc. on Shomon's list, top docs on the

> thyroid-about.com list. Her name is Dr. Diehl. She is in Traveler's

> Rest, near Greenville, SC. You are closer to her than I am. If you

> wouldn't mind, take a look and let me know what you think.

>

> I have this worry that something else un-thyroid could be going on.

> Another board I am on, one of the moderators had energy issues, right

> now he is recovering from bypass surgery, that was the cause of his

> problem. Dr. Diehl looks like quite the sleuth, I would feel much

> better to be thoroughly examined to know that I am headed in the right

> direction for health.

>

>

>

Want to add to this...... last year my doc casually mentioned that perhaps I didn't have a thyroid issue and it was adrenals all along. Thought about this for sometime. Maybe he was right. He wasn't suggesting I do anything, just threw a though out. Last Feb. I felt I was hyper and reduced T3. From this point I kept feeling hyper and reduced some more week by week. Went from 150 mcg to 25 mcg SRT3. Took me 3 months to come down on T3 all the while feeling worse and worse and thinking it was hyper. It wasn't hyper, it was my adrenals freaking out from hypo. I thought my thyroid would run itself on cortisol. WRONG! By April I was having a major come apart. We were on vacation. Hair falling out in handfuls with scalp pain, and RT3 that had built back up again, dirt low frees, killer depression, crying, laying in bed all day, pure hell...... then it hit me that I had totally misunderstood my sx all along. I wasn't hyper, I was low HC which made me feel I was hyper and my thyroid couldn't make it with just adrenal support. Back up I went on t3. It was a miserable climb out of the pitch black hole I was in. Second big hole I dug. First was the adrenal crash that previous Dec. It took 4 months of resting and eating well to pull out. Needless to say I was sick with myself for the poor call I made. Took 4 months for my hair to stop falling out in handfuls. The hypo was so bad and the weakness so deep that I thought hard about walking to the mailbox. I couldn't go anywhere with anyone. My life came to a dead halt. It was everything I could muster to get to the grocery for food. It can be ridiculously confusing to separate adrenal from thyroid. Hyper and hypo thy and adr can look similar unless you take temps, bp, hr and bs. Lowe encouraged me to make a graph of symptoms and rate them twice a week. This has been excellent for determining where I am with thy and adr and which is which. I can't afford anymore crash and burn experiences. AG"so maybe my dr is right. She says that here is no hypothyroid."NO she is not right. I had hypothyroidism an d almost died from ti LONG before I had ANY adrenal involvement. You might ask her if she ever heard of Hashimoto's?

T3 is known to increase SHBG. Don't think HC is. Might be wrong about the influence of SHBG, I've just never seen this anywhere. Be interesting to see what happens on armour for you. I honestkly think my SHBG went high from HC use. Before HC my free Testosterone was ion thehigh side, but since being on HC it dropped to WAY below range. My total testosterone has not changed much so I am assuming this i from SHBG and using this as an indicator. But I wil nto know if T3 actually affected it as now I am off Hc and back on Armour. but I knwo my free Testosterone went low LONG before I went on all T3.--

Exactly Sol, my thyroid DID come back on board and in the presence of enough cortisol still turned into RT3. Now I never have to wonder what would have happened if my body had enough cortisol to start! And I have done it the other way too just to see. Optimal thyroid, no HC. Um, still getting over this one. Bottom line for me is that I need both. AGHow does RT3 build up when you werent' taking any T4? Are you assuming your thyroid gland was still making some?sol