Agnes

At 20:47 15.01.2002 -0600, you wrote:

>Does anyone ever get sick after taking Beta Plus? I took it and got extremly

>sick and threw up. I am pregnant though so that could have something to do

>with it. Thanks!

• 5 months later...
Guest guest

Hi !

Yes, my boobs still hurt. I had a reduction too, so I think that might be why. My PS had to give me a reduction to cut out all the crap my original PS did. My bottom incisions look good--they're very skinny like a pen line. I don't like the areloas though--too big they are larger than half dollars. I never told my PS how small to make them, I just said "smaller" that was dumb. Being conservative, he just cut enough off to remove the railroad track marks left by the previous PS. I want them to be no larger than a quarter and I'm going to ask for Benelli stitching or a permanent areloa suture to keep them round and small while healing or otherwise they get "stretched" looking. I don't know what to ask him for because I'm not familiar with this stuff. Can you help me find out, please? I just want my areolas small--not freaky looking, but small with thin lines without puckering. My PS said he'd be happy to fix them but I need to be specific about WHAT I want before I see him next.

Thanks for taking the time to write. Take care.

Hugs,

-Marie

Guest guest

Hi :

Thanks for the advice. Did you have permanent stitching around your areola?

No telogen effluvium so far. Then again, it's too early for that--only 30 days. TE usually starts 2-3 months after surgery. I pray I won't get that shit again.

Take care.

-Marie

Guest guest

Hmm I would suggest that you look at photos and then bring him a picture as this would be the best way to show him what you want instead of trying to describe it.

I am very happy with my nips, they are smooth and flat no puckering at all, I would say that they are just about the size of a quarter or maybe a bit bigger . I will see what I can find for you.

I can relate to the pain, it sounds like things went good for you though overall.

How bout your hair, did you have any problems with hair loss after surgery?

hugs girl

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 4:09 PM

Subject: Re: To

Hi !Yes, my boobs still hurt. I had a reduction too, so I think that might be why. My PS had to give me a reduction to cut out all the crap my original PS did. My bottom incisions look good--they're very skinny like a pen line. I don't like the areloas though--too big they are larger than half dollars. I never told my PS how small to make them, I just said "smaller" that was dumb. Being conservative, he just cut enough off to remove the railroad track marks left by the previous PS. I want them to be no larger than a quarter and I'm going to ask for Benelli stitching or a permanent areloa suture to keep them round and small while healing or otherwise they get "stretched" looking. I don't know what to ask him for because I'm not familiar with this stuff. Can you help me find out, please? I just want my areolas small--not freaky looking, but small with thin lines without puckering. My PS said he'd be happy to fix them but I need to be specific about WHAT I want before I see him next.Thanks for taking the time to write. Take care.Hugs,-Marie

Guest guest

It's difficult to tell what numbness is due to surgery

and what is due to silicone--my most pronounced

numbness goes from breasts all the way up neck

to face, particularly from lower jaw up past temple

and eye areas. While there are patches below the

breast area, most is above--and it is much deeper on the left where I had two ruptures. Numbness of breast area is known even without rupture and prior to explant surgery, with silicone implants.

The case won against Bristol in Florida a few

years ago went into detail about numbness.

It appears that length of time implanted is a factor.

These were silicone-filled--don't know

about the saline-filled.

It would seem that waiting to see what goes

away would determine the cause of the numbness.

Nerves traumatized by surgery would eventually

repair unless permanently damaged--chances are those

would be few.

Bonnie

Guest guest

-Marie

That was the weirdest feeling for me too; Hving the pain, sore feeling &

still being numb.

I did not have a lift, but had migrating silicone on the right side. I

am 14 mos post op. I have very little numbness on the left side, right

side is still about 90% numb. But that was due to the p/s having to aork

in the right axilla to get the silcone out. I still can't help thinking

had I goneto a dif p/s who was more exp in explanting, I may not have

this right side feeling this way.

Perhaps SOME of us had to go thru this in order to warn others. God

knows what he's doing.

BTW, I used Neosporin on my incision ste too after they took the drains

out.

Love,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi :

Are you happy with Dr. Mercola? He sounds good but when I called his office, I was not to obtain much info. I wanted to go to see him for my Hashimotos and telogen effluvium hair loss but don't know if he treats hair loss?

Take care.

marie

• 3 weeks later...

Hey :

How are you feeling? I'm glad your explant went well. I'm glad that Dr. Kolb helped you--that's great.

Thanks for the heads up on the primrose oil. Actually, I was taking the stuff and ran out so I need to get more. Flax seed oil is good for hair too.

Today, I went to the dermatologist and he said I'm having a mild telogen effluvium from May's surgery but that I should be recovering soon and that this is a TEMPORARY form of hair loss.

Thanks for your concern. BTW, are you home or in Atlanta?

marie

• 3 weeks later...

Marie, Just evening Primrose for the hair. I am taking all this other stuff so who knows if I am taking more for my hair too, and I don't know about it! Thanks, I didn't know MSM helps with hair loss. How are you doing?