RemedySpot.com

Re: Sobrien1229

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Antihistamines (Doxepin 50mg, Allegra 180 mg (though originally I was on Zyrtex 10mg instead of the Allegra) have helped me. I feel 99% better. I am now in the process of trying to detemine the cause of my vulvodynia; which i suspect might be from the hormone progesterone. This reaction was triggered I bleive, when I begain taking birth control pills for the first time and my symptons appeared again when I began taking bcps recently... This hormone allergy I believe is what caused me to get a skin condition called Dermographism, which simply put, for me was sore itchy skin on/in my vagina and between my buttocks; the antihistamines control these symptoms pretty well.

I am going to ask my allergist about this in fact, on Monday (she diagnosed me with Dermographism); and if she cant help, Im going to see this doctot out of state.

Tracey Guenthner wrote:

You say you found a doctor that treated you and now you feel great. What did they treat you with? SO wrote:

I say the Great Smokies lab is not legit based 99% on my own experiences;. You seem to be focusing on my comment at the end of my post where I said that I said a doctor seconded my own opinion, which was based on my own personal experience. I too would be leery in general of ANY doctor's "opinion," especially regarding the causes and treatments of vulvar diseases! With the conditions that we have, we have to be our own advocates and get second and third and fourth, etc, opinions, and do research ourselves, because so much is unknown about vulvar diseases and the “experts” that we go to for help are heart -breakingly, many times anything but. Thos tests I took that were sent to the Great Smokies lab tests told me I had all these food allergies (like 12) as well as intestinal problems and yeast. These tests like i said earlier, cost a lot, and they proved to be WRONG!!! I never had any of these allergies. I dropped from 155 pounds to 108 pounds (I'm 5'7"), avoiding foods I wasn’t even allergic to ( I avoided the food I was allergic too religiously for 8 months). It was horrible. There was very little I could eat.

To me these tests are designed to diagnose problems that the medical community in general has stated are hard to test for. I’m not saying that they can’t be--just be careful in what you are getting… Allergy tests themselves are not all accurate and conclusive. So along with the doctor’s opinion (who I went to see after I wasn’t getting better and had had all those tests done and spent thousands) and my own experience, I can say I don’t think that most of these tests are accurate; in fact, I don’t believe that some of these tests are even capable of testing for the things that they say they are.

Based on the test results from theses test, this homeopathic doctor that I was seeing, had me on tons of herds, antigens, and pills. This added up to ALOT of money. These tests seem to be good for the doctor; the more stuff that is reported back as abnormal, the more stuff the doctor can "treat..." Anyways, it's funny how I disregarded all of these tests, and have since found another doctor who has treated me and now I feel great. If these tests were right, then why am I improved? The whole Great Smokies lab thing seems more than a little shady.

Also, I don’t know why you included the heading on this post as Great Smokies/Caution/conventional vs homeopath; I feel like you’re missing the point of my post. The post I made is not attacking yeast theories or even homeopathic doctors. I have known women who have been successfully treated by homeopathic doctors, as well as women who have improved by yeast free diets, etc. I was simply relating MY experience, and that experience included some very inaccurate test results from the Great Smokies lab. My doctor at the time was horrible and a homeopathic doctor, that doesn’t mean that all homeopathic doctors are therefore horrible. I have actually had more bad experiences with conventional doctors. I was simply warning people about Great Smokies testing.

If anyone wants to know the name of that doctor I had a bad experience with as to avoid him (I live In the Atlanta, GA area), e-mail me personally and I let you know.

blueeberri@... wrote:

Most conventional doctors do not believe in the candida theory, the food allergy theory.All I know is that it has helped make me better and several others on this board.If we can get better by taking a few herbs and changing out diets, we dont need to take the prescription drugs that they give us. A person has to go with what they believe in. I am sure there are plenty of quacks out there including conventional quacks. I saw one. He was an infectious disease doctor and a jerk. A waste of my money. I just hope that that one doctors opinion of these test doenst discourage women on this board who want to try the food allergy theory.susan*****END OF MESSAGE*****-------------------------------------------------To post message: VulvarDisorders To Subscribe: VulvarDisorders-subscribe Unsubscribe: VulvarDisorders-unsubscribe List owner: VulvarDisorders-owner *****

Guest guest

SO,

Very nice posts! I apreciare the time it took to explain so much. Thanks!

Re: Sobrien1229

Antihistamines (Doxepin 50mg, Allegra 180 mg (though originally I was on

Zyrtex 10mg instead of the Allegra) have helped me. I feel 99% better. I am now

in the process of trying to detemine the cause of my vulvodynia; which i suspect

might be from the hormone progesterone. This reaction was triggered I bleive,

when I begain taking birth control pills for the first time and my symptons

appeared again when I began taking bcps recently... This hormone allergy I

believe is what caused me to get a skin condition called Dermographism, which

simply put, for me was sore itchy skin on/in my vagina and between my buttocks;

the antihistamines control these symptoms pretty well.

I am going to ask my allergist about this in fact, on Monday (she diagnosed

me with Dermographism); and if she cant help, Im going to see this doctot out of

state.

Guest guest

Thanks :P And it's no problem. I was just thinking today how wonderful the Internet is to allow us all to connect and share our collective experiences. Imagine what it would be like to have vulvodynia, vv, etc., and not have the Internet and this list! I am very thankful for it. Bellon wrote: SO,Very nice posts! I apreciare the time it took to explain so much. Thanks! Re: Sobrien1229 Antihistamines (Doxepin 50mg, Allegra 180 mg (though originally I was on Zyrtex 10mg instead of the Allegra) have helped me. I feel 99% better. I am now in the process of trying to detemine the cause of my vulvodynia; which i suspect might be from the hormone progesterone. This reaction was triggered I bleive, when I begain taking birth control pills for the first time and my symptons appeared again when I began taking bcps recently... This hormone allergy I believe is what caused me to get a skin condition called Dermographism, which simply put, for me was sore itchy skin on/in my vagina and between my buttocks; the antihistamines control these symptoms pretty well. I am going to ask my allergist about this in fact, on Monday (she diagnosed me with Dermographism); and if she cant help, Im going to see this doctot out of state. *****END OF MESSAGE*****-------------------------------------------------To post message: VulvarDisorders To Subscribe: VulvarDisorders-subscribe Unsubscribe: VulvarDisorders-unsubscribe List owner: VulvarDisorders-owner *****