RemedySpot.com

Sex, sweat & histamines (Ann)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HI Ann (thank you) ; )

You asked about sweating and sex (even non-penetrating) and wondered if that's a tie in as well. Well hon, I'll tell you from all I've read it sure is. If you look at that chart I sent on Mast Cell triggers, you'll see exercise, heat, friction (even if it's not actual intercourse) or even ''pressure'' <evil grin> to the area can bring it all out. Another thing is even a hot soaking bath can do that.

So it sure makes sense to me that it would, as well as all those other symptoms you have makes it's seem HIGHLY probable that you do have this Mastocytosis. Some might only have a few symtoms and others a lot more, and yet others have no known triggers. *sigh* but Jeeze it sure sounds like you have a lot of them. It sure makes the lightbulb click on for me with you anyway. (and probably a lot more of us) me included. *chuckle*

And I know I keep saying this, but to think it can take those 10-20 years to diagnose it??? DARNNIT ...... no wonder! I think they look at each thing individually without seeing the collective common ground or basis behind all of them. *sigh*

As to the Protopic or Elidel creams ? Basically they ''are'' an anti-histamine of sorts with how they work, because they STOP or halt those Mast cells from over producing. But you don't see that explained that way with all the information out there. (Because it's more the technical deeper end of it)

They are used to half inflammation, pain or itch with dermatological problems (which is what a steroid does) but they don't damage the tissue the way a steroid cream like the Clob can do. (especially in the Vulvar area) Halleujah!! ha ha But I doubt any doctor would prescribe it if you just asked for an antihistamine cream, they'd have no idea and would see only that it's used for Eczema or Psoriasis. But it is. ; ) Hope that made sense.

But they 'might' prescribe the Doxepin if you asked for an antihistamine cream. who knows? as it works similiarly, but probably not as potent. (I wouldn't think)

Hugs

Dee~ DTroll@...