RemedySpot.com

Protopic/Nasalcrom & Nasaleze/ Mast cells

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks Shantalar for your post on how the Nasalcrom helped you and I sure hope it continues. I'm glad your allergist suggested it. Also I didn't realize it was available OTC so that's good to know.

This is a comment just came in for those interested, re: the Mast cell connection again, and it's a natural product called NASALEZE and may be similiar to the Nasalcrom.

http://www.hsibaltimore.com/ea2002/ea_020731.shtml it's made with vegetable powder. It's main thrust I think is general allergies, but then it does go into the Mast cells and eczema.

Then that takes me back to the Protopic, *chuckle* which is a dermatological prescription cream to stop those Mast cells from firing those histamines and other chemicals causing inflammation and was developed for Psoriasis & Eczema. It's a cream or ointment that 'acts' like a steroid to halt the symptoms of pain, itch or inflammation but 'doesn't' have the bad side effects of destroying the tissue as a steroid can with overuse.

It's really seeming to help a lot of the women using it topically on the vagina , some with great relief for the first time in years, but a fair warning, some have also said they had some pretty bad irritation the first few days, so use it sparingly, but they stuck with it and it's wonderful with the results they're seeing. The splits, cuts etc. seem to be gone within a few weeks or less. And yes, their doctors are prescribing it for vaginal pain in what they call 'off label' usage.

I know if I weren't healed already, I'd definitely be trying it myself. ; ) I may get a tube to keep handy, (just in case) ; )

Also a gal sent in a source for those who 'may' want to try it by purchasing it on line.

It's at:

http://www.medicalwellnesscenter.com/ProptopicEczemaprescriptionindexpage.html They take you through a consultation of sorts first with a fee ($45) then the product but I don't know the price of it, but even if you don't order it, you might want to take time to read the information on it. ; ) I truly feel it's a major breakthrough that eventually this will end up replacing those darn steroids in the future, IF the politics of money get out of the way. *sigh*

Dee~ ; )