RemedySpot.com

PROTOPIC (itching) w. testimony

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HI Pat, and all, ; )

NO, the Protopic ointment was originally formulated for the inflammation and itch of Psoriasis or Eczema and is being used 'off label' for vaginal pain. And yes Gynecologists are giving it to them. (some Derms) It's an ointment that works to halt those Mast cells and histamines to stop the inflammation via the immune system so 'to me' it sounds like it would work in your case or for anyone who's inflammed. As I said they even use it on small children and it's NOT damaging to the tissue nor absorbed systemically.

I've had a few more posts on it's usage since my last post a bit ago and they're still reporting in with good news , almost like a miracle.. But once again and it's not that I want to scare anyone... but a reminder !!! there are some with that pretty severe initial reaction of burning... one almost to the point of thinking of going to the Emergency room..... but thank goodness they're sticking it out with others going through it at the same time and it seems within 3 to 4 days, it's a total turnaround, almost miraculous with some that had pain for over 20 plus years and it turns into a soothing ointment and the cuts or splits or inflammation and pain is just GONE.

The few things that they say in the literature is to be cautious of though are if you had a viral infection like Herpes to not use it.. One lady had Shingles (a virus) previously (not vaginal) and she did get a slight outbreak (again not vaginal) but she said for the relief she had it was well worth it and she's so glad she gave it a try and it worked.

The other thing was to stay out of a lot of the sun and not to use during pregnancy and to remember that the itching is a sign of healing.

I'll include just ONE report to give you an idea..... I sure hope it helps, and as I said before with all the researching I've done, I've just NEVER been this excited about something. I'd have used it myself if I weren't already cured. LOL and may still get a tube to keep handy. ; ) (just in case)

Hi Ladies.....I wrote a post a few weeks ago warning everyone not to overuse Clobetasol as I had and what Dee went through. If you remember,

I was in the worst shape I had ever been in, having had this pain for about 6 years. I guess I had brain fog, and didn't remember how much Protopic had helped me in the past. Anyway, I got my prescription refilled, and got completely off everything else, especially Clob. Well.......within 8 days, I was completely healed up, my skin had toughened up where it was "hamburger meat" before, and the pain FINALLY stopped. I can't believe I didn't remember Protopic. I have used so many things, it had just slipped my mind.

Believe me, it never will again. It has been my life saver. I thought I was going to actually lose my mind over the pain and hell I was going thru with each urination and bowel movement. It was horrible. If you have not tried Protopic, run, don't walk, to your doc and get a prescription. It has worked wonders for me. Also, I had experienced itching from hell when I started healing. I use Vagisil for that, and it worked quite well. END...

Hugs to all,

Dee~ DTroll@...

PS..... about the Nasalcrom? Its a Mast cell stablizer so works in a very small way similiar to the Protopic but is used for different types of allergies and not usually for the vaginal area but can work there I hear, same as I've seen some gals use the Benedryl lotion applied directly on the vagina with good results.

But just keep in mind that's to hopefully halt the inflammation once it's come out and may be a temporary solution ... where the Protopic being much more potent does that but hopefully prevents it from coming out in the future if that makes sense since it works directly on those Mast cells through the immune system. Though I'm sure that one has to do a maintenance dosage periodically if a flare up starts to come back. Just as I do a maintenance with my E & T creams. ; )