Re: Digest Number 2152

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/14/02 2:47:22 PM Pacific Standard Time, writes:

Hi!

I haven't send too many e-mails lately trying to get ready for my trip. I'm

finally ready and leave in the morning. Mentally this trip means so much

to me since in the past few months I had to endure so many let downs.

My last appt with my internist was no exception; my viral load is reaching dangerous levels and my T-cells are still dropping. My internist

is doing a tolerance test to see what else I be able to take without endangering my liver more. I have to go back to him in two weeks to

see what we are going to do.I know is a bit frighting but I'm in peace at

heart because I know God is watching over me just as I pray daily for

Him to watch over all of you. Hewitt I been reading the e-mails that

the ladies have sent to you. Definetly look into that! Well I better get some sleep now. I will miss reading all your e-mails but as soon as I

return I will send you a note. God Bless You all and take good care of

yourself !!!!!!!!!

tony

Best wishes, Tony! Have a grand adventure and tell us all about it when you return. We'll be thinking of you.

Harper

Guest guest

Harper - no I don't take the imuran it's the pred today I took my last pill I already feel

the fatigue, just can't wait to get it out of my system, how can people take the side effects that have to be on it constantly, I know that day will eventually come, sooner

more than later. But I am going to find a new doctor very soon. Thank's for

being there.

, when you talk to your doctor it would be good to ask about Imuran, which is intended to let people take less Prednisone. Please, please check about your glucose levels, etc. Don't put it off.

Harper

Guest guest

Diabetes uncontrolled is a VERY serious matter..you will need to check your

blood throughout the day...sometimes you may need sugar (glucose) and others

times insulin or just protein. With diabetes you are on a VERY strict

eating time. and all is measured out...But, if you are diabetic and have

the $ then you can get the insulin pump..that is just moved about every 2

days and is small. I am also having my glucose checked to see if I also

have diabetis now. Good luck and ley us know whzt the doc says....oh, your

basic primary can do this. Joanne

Guest guest

Ahhh Bert....thanks....you are special!

debby

Re: [ ] Digest Number 2152

Hi! I haven't send too many e-mails lately trying to get ready for my trip. I'm finally ready and leave in the morning. Mentally this trip means so much to me since in the past few months I had to endure so many let downs. My last appt with my internist was no exception; my viral load is reaching dangerous levels and my T-cells are still dropping. My internist is doing a tolerance test to see what else I be able to take without endangering my liver more. I have to go back to him in two weeks to see what we are going to do.I know is a bit frighting but I'm in peace at heart because I know God is watching over me just as I pray daily for Him to watch over all of you. Hewitt I been reading the e-mails that the ladies have sent to you. Definetly look into that! Well I better get some sleep now. I will miss reading all your e-mails but as soon as I return I will send you a note. God Bless You all and take good care of yourself !!!!!!!!! tony Best wishes, Tony! Have a grand adventure and tell us all about it when you return. We'll be thinking of you. Harper

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Andy,

I have been away from the list for months now, my son had a severe and very

scary reaction to chelation. It scared me so bady that I am just returning to

this. My doc is thinking that sulfer was the culprit, and since my son still

has very high lead, we should go ahead and try EDTA to chelate the lead out.

In the archives, you don't recommend EDTA for mercury, but might this be a

good alternative given my son's high lead and previous problems with DSMA?

Secondly, was the ALA higher in sulfer than the DSMA? Could a good

alternative be to chelate with DSMA but without using ALA to cut down on

sulfer?

Ana Wells

Guest guest

This is a tremendous post.

Would you be so kind to post more about your son's history, other

interventions you have done, specifics about doses/schedule of

chelation, supps you've used, etc. What exactly were the first signs

of progress? Those of us who take great hope reading about your

success want to hear more!!

>Hi All,

>

>Just a short progress update on our son, (3 years 3 months

>old). was completly non-verbal 6 months ago when we started

>chelation. Last week he said, " Lets go to Mcs and get a

>cheeseburger, and then go to Kidspace. " His recovery has been

>unbelievable. We have noticed that his vision problems have been

>clearing up the last month or so. He has great eye contact, but

>every once and a while we would see him looking out of the sides of

>his eyes, but I haven't noticed that as much lately. He is also

>showing much more understanding of concepts lately. He will point to

>someone in a restaraunt and say " People eat food. " You can just see

>a spark in his eyes that had never been there before.

>

>Keep up the good work,

>

>Garry Lund

>

• 5 years later...

These are great I have already sent them on to someone else.

Same area of interest is the Shonkoff and Meisels Handbook of Early Intervention 2nd ed

Cambridge University Press 2000

I remember being so impressed to see the Speech Therapist using it as a foundation text

when i worked in Sure Start in 2002. It made me think she was so on the money!

b/w

Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:40:10 +0000From: To: Subject: Digest Number 2152

SENATE FOR HEALTH VISITING AND SCHOOL NU

Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

1a.

FW: website info From: Whittaker

1b.

Re: FW: website info From: Cowley

A Link from the The American Prospect From: kwhittaker1@...

View All Topics | Create New Topic

1a.

FW: website info

Posted by: " Whittaker" kwhittaker1@... bty267869

Tue Feb 5, 2008 8:32 am (PST)

For anyone yet to be introduced to the important text Neurons toNeighbourhoods, I've come across the website whilst lesson prepping. Hereyou can find the working papers relevant to the text, they can be freelydownloaded. If you go to the: About the Council - then the: history link -you will even find a podcast summarising the key recommendations from thetext.website: http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html Strongly recommended for all working with families and particularly studentHVs. WhittakerSenior LecturerDept of NursingRoom 432 Brook BuildingUniversity of Central LancashirePreston PR1 2HETel: 01772 893786Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.ukhttp://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/index.htm Any representations, views and/or opinions in this e-mail are those of thesender, and not necessarily of the University. The University's computernetwork (including its e-mail facility) is intended for educationalpurposes, and the University accepts no liability for, and shall not bebound by, the contents of any e-mail sent from its network which do notrelate to those purposes or other business of the University. This e-mail is confidential to and for the sole use of its addressee(s). Ifyou should not have received it, please notify the sender and permanentlydelete it: you may not print, copy, disclose, distribute or rely on it, orany part of it.E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free and theUniversity does not accept liability for any errors in or amendments to thecontents of this message which arise in consequence of its transmission bye-mail.No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: 05/02/200809:44No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: 05/02/200809:44

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (2)

1b.

Re: FW: website info

Posted by: " Cowley" sarahcowley183@... senatehvsn1

Tue Feb 5, 2008 12:32 pm (PST)

, thank you for this very valuable resource. On 5 Feb 2008, at 16:32, Whittaker wrote:> For anyone yet to be introduced to the important text Neurons to> Neighbourhoods, I've come across the website whilst lesson > prepping. Here> you can find the working papers relevant to the text, they can be > freely> downloaded. If you go to the: About the Council - then the: > history link -> you will even find a podcast summarising the key recommendations > from the> text.>> website: http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html>> Strongly recommended for all working with families and particularly > student> HVs.>> >> Whittaker> Senior Lecturer> Dept of Nursing> Room 432 Brook Building> University of Central Lancashire> Preston PR1 2HE>> Tel: 01772 893786> Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk> http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/ > index.ht> m>>> Any representations, views and/or opinions in this e-mail are those > of the> sender, and not necessarily of the University. The University's > computer> network (including its e-mail facility) is intended for educational> purposes, and the University accepts no liability for, and shall > not be> bound by, the contents of any e-mail sent from its network which do > not> relate to those purposes or other business of the University.> This e-mail is confidential to and for the sole use of its addressee > (s). If> you should not have received it, please notify the sender and > permanently> delete it: you may not print, copy, disclose, distribute or rely on > it, or> any part of it.> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free > and the> University does not accept liability for any errors in or > amendments to the> contents of this message which arise in consequence of its > transmission by> e-mail.>>>> No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition.> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: > 05/02/2008> 09:44>>> No virus found in this outgoing message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition.> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: > 05/02/2008> 09:44>>>>>>

hi et al-wonderful news for Senate-I was awarded my doctorate (Professional Education). Isn't that wonderful for the profession.Ann

From: annamhouston@...Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 15:55:34 +0000Subject: RE: Digest Number 2152

These are great I have already sent them on to someone else.Same area of interest is the Shonkoff and Meisels Handbook of Early Intervention 2nd edCambridge University Press 2000I remember being so impressed to see the Speech Therapist using it as a foundation text when i worked in Sure Start in 2002. It made me think she was so on the money!b/w

1a.

1b.

A Link from the The American Prospect From: kwhittaker1btinternet

1a.

Posted by: " Whittaker" kwhittaker1btinternet bty267869

For anyone yet to be introduced to the important text Neurons toNeighbourhoods, I've come across the website whilst lesson prepping. Hereyou can find the working papers relevant to the text, they can be freelydownloaded. If you go to the: About the Council - then the: history link -you will even find a podcast summarising the key recommendations from thetext.website: http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html Strongly recommended for all working with families and particularly studentHVs. WhittakerSenior LecturerDept of NursingRoom 432 Brook BuildingUniversity of Central LancashirePreston PR1 2HETel: 01772 893786Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.ukhttp://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/index.htm Any representations, views and/or opinions in this e-mail are those of thesender, and not necessarily of the University. The University's computernetwork (including its e-mail facility) is intended for educationalpurposes, and the University accepts no liability for, and shall not bebound by, the contents of any e-mail sent from its network which do notrelate to those purposes or other business of the University. This e-mail is confidential to and for the sole use of its addressee(s). Ifyou should not have received it, please notify the sender and permanentlydelete it: you may not print, copy, disclose, distribute or rely on it, orany part of it.E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free and theUniversity does not accept liability for any errors in or amendments to thecontents of this message which arise in consequence of its transmission bye-mail.No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: 05/02/200809:44No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: 05/02/200809:44

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (2)

1b.

Posted by: " Cowley" sarahcowley183btinternet senatehvsn1

, thank you for this very valuable resource. On 5 Feb 2008, at 16:32, Whittaker wrote:> For anyone yet to be introduced to the important text Neurons to> Neighbourhoods, I've come across the website whilst lesson > prepping. Here> you can find the working papers relevant to the text, they can be > freely> downloaded. If you go to the: About the Council - then the: > history link -> you will even find a podcast summarising the key recommendations > from the> text.>> website: http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html>> Strongly recommended for all working with families and particularly > student> HVs.>> >> Whittaker> Senior Lecturer> Dept of Nursing> Room 432 Brook Building> University of Central Lancashire> Preston PR1 2HE>> Tel: 01772 893786> Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk> http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/ > index.ht> m>>> Any representations, views and/or opinions in this e-mail are those > of the> sender, and not necessarily of the University. The University's > computer> network (including its e-mail facility) is intended for educational> purposes, and the University accepts no liability for, and shall > not be> bound by, the contents of any e-mail sent from its network which do > not> relate to those purposes or other business of the University.> This e-mail is confidential to and for the sole use of its addressee > (s). If> you should not have received it, please notify the sender and > permanently> delete it: you may not print, copy, disclose, distribute or rely on > it, or> any part of it.> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free > and the> University does not accept liability for any errors in or > amendments to the> contents of this message which arise in consequence of its > transmission by> e-mail.>>>> No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition.> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: > 05/02/2008> 09:44>>> No virus found in this outgoing message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition.> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: > 05/02/2008> 09:44>>>>>>

Very many congratulations, Ann.  I know how hard you worked for that; very well done.  Wonderful for you too!  On 7 Feb 2008, at 20:49, ann ebeid wrote:hi et al-wonderful news for Senate-I was awarded my doctorate (Professional Education). Isn't that wonderful for the profession.Ann sarahcowley183@...http://myprofile.cos.com/S124021COn

Congratulations Ann. Well done. Its such a rewarding acheivement.

Dr Coles PhD BA RHV RGN

Honorary Senior Research Fellow

Department of Child Health

Cardiff School of Medicine

Cardiff University

Heath Park

Cardiff CF14 4XN

Telephone: Department Secretary 02920 743374/5

>>> ann ebeid <annebeid@...> 07/02/2008 20:49 >>>

hi et al-wonderful news for Senate-I was awarded my doctorate (Professional

Education). Isn't

that wonderful for the profession.Ann

@...: annamhouston@...: Wed, 6 Feb

2008 15:55:34

+0000Subject: RE: Digest Number 2152

These are great I have already sent them on to someone else.Same area of

interest is the

Shonkoff and Meisels Handbook of Early Intervention 2nd edCambridge University

Press 2000I remember

being so impressed to see the Speech Therapist using it as a foundation text

when i worked in Sure

Start in 2002. It made me think she was so on the money!b/w

Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:40:10 +0000From: @...:

@...: Digest Number 2152

1a.

1b.

A Link from the The American Prospect From: kwhittaker1@...

1a.

Posted by: " Whittaker " kwhittaker1@... bty267869

For anyone yet to be introduced to the important text Neurons toNeighbourhoods,

I've come across

the website whilst lesson prepping. Hereyou can find the working papers relevant

to the text, they

can be freelydownloaded. If you go to the: About the Council - then the: history

link -you will even

find a podcast summarising the key recommendations from thetext.website:

http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html Strongly recommended for all working

with families and

particularly studentHVs. WhittakerSenior LecturerDept of NursingRoom

432 Brook

BuildingUniversity of Central LancashirePreston PR1 2HETel: 01772

893786Kwhittaker1@...://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research\

/groups/children/index.htm

Any representations, views and/or opinions in this e-mail are those of

thesender, and not

necessarily of the University. The University's computernetwork (including its

e-mail facility) is

intended for educationalpurposes, and the University accepts no liability for,

and shall not bebound

by, the contents of any e-mail sent from its network which do notrelate to those

purposes or other

business of the University. This e-mail is confidential to and for the sole use

of its addressee(s).

Ifyou should not have received it, please notify the sender and

permanentlydelete it: you may not

print, copy, disclose, distribute or rely on it, orany part of it.E-mail

transmission is not

guaranteed to be secure or error-free and theUniversity does not accept

liability for any errors in

or amendments to thecontents of this message which arise in consequence of its

transmission

bye-mail.No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 /

Virus Database: 269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: 05/02/200809:44No virus found in

this outgoing

message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:

269.19.20/1260 - Release

Date: 05/02/200809:44

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in

this topic (2)

1b.

Posted by: " Cowley " sarahcowley183@... senatehvsn1

, thank you for this very valuable resource. On 5 Feb 2008, at 16:32,

Whittaker

wrote:> For anyone yet to be introduced to the important text Neurons to>

Neighbourhoods, I've come

across the website whilst lesson > prepping. Here> you can find the working

papers relevant to the

text, they can be > freely> downloaded. If you go to the: About the Council -

then the: > history

link -> you will even find a podcast summarising the key recommendations > from

the> text.>>

website: http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html>> Strongly recommended for

all working with

families and particularly > student> HVs.>> >> Whittaker> Senior

Lecturer> Dept of

Nursing> Room 432 Brook Building> University of Central Lancashire> Preston PR1

2HE>> Tel: 01772

893786> Kwhittaker1@...>

http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/ > index.ht>

m>>> Any

representations, views and/or opinions in this e-mail are those > of the>

sender, and not

necessarily of the University. The University's > computer> network (including

its e-mail facility)

is intended for educational> purposes, and the University accepts no liability

for, and shall > not

be> bound by, the contents of any e-mail sent from its network which do > not>

relate to those

purposes or other business of the University.> This e-mail is confidential to

and for the sole use

of its addressee > (s). If> you should not have received it, please notify the

sender and >

permanently> delete it: you may not print, copy, disclose, distribute or rely on

> it, or> any part

of it.> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free > and

the> University does

not accept liability for any errors in or > amendments to the> contents of this

message which arise

in consequence of its > transmission by> e-mail.>>>> No virus found in this

incoming message.>

Checked by AVG Free Edition.> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.20/1260

- Release Date: >

05/02/2008> 09:44>>> No virus found in this outgoing message.> Checked by AVG

Free Edition.>

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: > 05/02/2008>

09:44>>>>>>

Groups Links>>>>sarahcowley183@...://myprofile.cos.com/S124021COn

this topic (2)

A Link from the The American Prospect

Posted by: " kwhittaker1@... " kwhittaker1@... bty267869

Tue Feb 5, 2008 9:41 am (PST)

- A Link for you from The American Prospect -Dear , Whittaker

(kwhittaker1@...) wants you to see this page,

http://www.prospect.org:80//cs/articles;jsessionid=a3mHREk0pe8ehwPPQF?article=eI\

d=9550 on The

American Prospect.The sender also included the following message for you:The

influence on policies

affecting health.Perhaps those of us with Tory MPs ought to be drawing their

attention to papers

such as this by Jack Shonkoff.(Note: the sender's e-mail address above has

not been verified.)

this topic (1)

Visit Your Group

HealthAsthma TriggersHow you canidentify them.

Meditation andLovingkindnessA Groupto share and learn.

w/ McEnroeJoin the All-BranDay 10 Club.

Need to Reply?Click one of the " Reply " links to respond to a specific message in

the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar

Change settings via the Web ( ID required) Change settings via email:

Switch delivery to

Individual | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Terms

of Use |

Unsubscribe

Everything in one place. All new Windows Live!

Brill news Ann. You must be thrilled

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Coles

Sent: 07 February 2008 22:44

Subject: RE: Digest

Number 2152

Congratulations Ann. Well done. Its such a rewarding

acheivement.

Dr Coles PhD BA RHV RGN

Honorary Senior Research Fellow

Department of Child Health

Cardiff School of Medicine

Cardiff University

Heath Park

Cardiff CF14

4XN

Telephone: Department Secretary 02920 743374/5

>>> ann ebeid <annebeidhotmail>

07/02/2008 20:49 >>>

hi et al-wonderful news for Senate-I was awarded my doctorate (Professional

Education). Isn't

that wonderful for the profession.Ann

annamhoustonhotmailDate:

Wed, 6 Feb 2008 15:55:34

+0000Subject: RE: Digest Number 2152

These are great I have already sent them on to someone else.Same area of

interest is the

Shonkoff and Meisels Handbook of Early Intervention 2nd edCambridge University

Press 2000I remember

being so impressed to see the Speech Therapist using it as a foundation text

when i worked in Sure

Start in 2002. It made me think she was so on the money!b/w

Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:40:10 +0000From: To:

Subject:

Digest Number 2152

1a.

1b.

A Link from the The American Prospect From: kwhittaker1btinternet

1a.

Posted by: " Whittaker " kwhittaker1btinternet

bty267869

For anyone yet to be introduced to the important text Neurons toNeighbourhoods,

I've come across

the website whilst lesson prepping. Hereyou can find the working papers

relevant to the text, they

can be freelydownloaded. If you go to the: About the Council - then the:

history link -you will even

find a podcast summarising the key recommendations from thetext.website:

http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html

Strongly recommended for all working with families and

particularly studentHVs. WhittakerSenior LecturerDept of

NursingRoom 432 Brook

BuildingUniversity of Central LancashirePreston

PR1 2HETel: 01772

893786Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.ukhttp://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/index.htm

Any representations, views and/or opinions in this e-mail are those of

thesender, and not

necessarily of the University. The University's computernetwork (including its

e-mail facility) is

intended for educationalpurposes, and the University accepts no liability

for, and shall not bebound

by, the contents of any e-mail sent from its network which do notrelate to

those purposes or other

business of the University. This e-mail is confidential to and for the sole use

of its addressee(s).

Ifyou should not have received it, please notify the sender and

permanentlydelete it: you may not

print, copy, disclose, distribute or rely on it, orany part of it.E-mail

transmission is not

guaranteed to be secure or error-free and theUniversity does not accept

liability for any errors in

or amendments to thecontents of this message which arise in consequence of its

transmission

bye-mail.No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 /

Virus Database: 269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: 05/02/200809:44No virus

found in this outgoing

message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:

269.19.20/1260 - Release

Date: 05/02/200809:44

this topic (2)

1b.

Posted by: " Cowley " sarahcowley183btinternet

senatehvsn1

, thank you for this very valuable resource. On 5 Feb 2008, at 16:32,

Whittaker

wrote:> For anyone yet to be introduced to the important text Neurons to>

Neighbourhoods, I've come

across the website whilst lesson > prepping. Here> you can find the

working papers relevant to the

text, they can be > freely> downloaded. If you go to the: About the

Council - then the: > history

link -> you will even find a podcast summarising the key recommendations

> from the> text.>>

Strongly recommended for all working with

families and particularly > student> HVs.>> >>

Whittaker> Senior Lecturer> Dept of

Nursing> Room 432 Brook Building> University

of Central Lancashire> Preston PR1 2HE>> Tel: 01772

893786> Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk>

http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/

> index.ht> m>>> Any

representations, views and/or opinions in this e-mail are those > of the>

sender, and not

necessarily of the University. The University's > computer> network

(including its e-mail facility)

is intended for educational> purposes, and the University accepts no liability

for, and shall > not

be> bound by, the contents of any e-mail sent from its network which do >

not> relate to those

purposes or other business of the University.> This e-mail is confidential

to and for the sole use

of its addressee > (s). If> you should not have received it, please

notify the sender and >

permanently> delete it: you may not print, copy, disclose, distribute or

rely on > it, or> any part

of it.> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free

> and the> University does

not accept liability for any errors in or > amendments to the> contents

of this message which arise

in consequence of its > transmission by> e-mail.>>>> No virus

found in this incoming message.>

Checked by AVG Free Edition.> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:

269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: >

05/02/2008> 09:44>>> No virus found in this outgoing message.>

Checked by AVG Free Edition.>

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: >

05/02/2008> 09:44>>>>>>

Groups Links>>>>sarahcowley183btinternethttp://myprofile.cos.com/S124021COn

this topic (2)

Posted by: " kwhittaker1btinternet "

kwhittaker1btinternet

bty267869

Tue Feb 5, 2008 9:41 am (PST)

- A Link for you from The American Prospect -Dear ,

Whittaker

(kwhittaker1btinternet)

wants you to see this page,

http://www.prospect.org:80//cs/articles;jsessionid=a3mHREk0pe8ehwPPQF?article=eId=9550

on The

American Prospect.The sender also included the following message for you:The

influence on policies

affecting health.Perhaps those of us with Tory MPs ought to be drawing their

attention to papers

such as this by Jack Shonkoff.(Note: the sender's e-mail address

above has not been verified.)

this topic (1)

Visit Your Group

HealthAsthma TriggersHow you canidentify them.

Meditation andLovingkindnessA Groupto share and learn.

w/ McEnroeJoin the All-BranDay 10 Club.

Need to Reply?Click one of the " Reply " links to respond to a specific

message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar

Change settings via the Web ( ID required) Change settings via email:

Switch delivery to

Individual | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group |

Terms of Use |

Unsubscribe

Everything in one place. All new Windows Live!

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.18/1255 - Release Date: 01/02/2008 09:59

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.18/1255 - Release Date: 01/02/2008 09:59

Brilliant news, Ann!

You and Dr. Houston together have significantly increased capacity for research in the UK (see attached paper from 2007 by Dawn Hillier).

As Hillary Clinton says, 'we CAN do it'.

Woody.

P.S. I voted for Mrs. Clinton on Super Tuesday- her first legal job was in relation to safeguarding children in US Child & Family courts, and she has since been a passionate campaigner against 'people trafficking especially young people enslaved for the huge US 'Vice' industry...

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of ann ebeidSent: 07 February 2008 20:50 Subject: RE: Digest Number 2152

hi et al-wonderful news for Senate-I was awarded my doctorate (Professional Education). Isn't that wonderful for the profession.Ann

From: annamhoustonhotmailDate: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 15:55:34 +0000Subject: RE: Digest Number 2152

These are great I have already sent them on to someone else.Same area of interest is the Shonkoff and Meisels Handbook of Early Intervention 2nd edCambridge University Press 2000I remember being so impressed to see the Speech Therapist using it as a foundation text when i worked in Sure Start in 2002. It made me think she was so on the money!b/w

1a. FW: website info From: Whittaker 1b. Re: FW: website info From: Cowley

2. A Link from the The American Prospect From: kwhittaker1btinternet

1a.

Posted by: " Whittaker" kwhittaker1btinternet bty267869

1b.

Posted by: " Cowley" sarahcowley183btinternet senatehvsn1

I absolutely agree about a 'RCHV' although personally I would like to see a Royal College of Health Visiting and School Nursing.

New English post-docs might think about an NIHR Fellowship or the Health Foundation - if you raise the money, many departments will welcome you....

Woody.

P.S. I checked our database just now, and the UWCM either did not submit your thesis to the national Index (formerly known as ASLIB) or they submitted it so late (>2003) that it did not make our sample.

Those who Supervise theses need to encourage submission to the Index, as this is not only an international resource for researchers but avoids students elsewhere accidently duplicating previous research

(as happened in one case I examined!). In old Universities librarians automatically sent material (though typically in big batches, so it could be very out-of-date) but many schools of nursing may not have a long enough tradition of Doctorates to ensure that... the RCN and RCM thesis collections seem to depend on individual donations.

P.P.S. Any academic school nurses who do not yet belong to the National Forum for School Health Educators, the next meeting is planned for 7 April 2008 in Cambridge: contact me for provisional details (to be confirmed).

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of ColesSent: 08 February 2008 11:51 Subject: {SPAM}? RE: Digest Number 2152

Dear WoodyI thought I would add to the findings of the paper about health visitors with doctorates by tellingyou of my experiences. I may well be one of those hybrid types that escaped the analysis. I gained aPhD in 2000 awarded by the then University of Wales College of Medicine, School of Nursing Studies,titled The value of health visitors’ interpersonal skills in promoting health: A search forevidence of effectiveness. The hardest thing was getting a research position in a relevant fieldpost doc. Opportunities were very limited.Although employed on short term contracts for 7 years as a Research Fellow by the now CardiffUniversity School of Medicine, Department of Child Health, until recent retirement, I was able toinput into various health visiting and public health aspects of research training in the School ofMidwifery and Nursing and supported a PhD student in aspects of her methodology. In the School ofNursing I designed and taught the research module of a Masters in Child Protection and used myacademic training in supporting the paediatric research and training in the Department of ChildHealth in a subject area related to health visiting. Now in retirement, I am still using my academicknowledge for a continuing public health programme of preventing non-accidental head injuries inbabies with the University Dept. Child Health, the NSPCC, health visitors in the local NHS Trust andin Wales generally.My view is that however limited the number of doctoral health visitors, they spread their wingsfurther than one might think and influence health visiting in wider circles than first assumed. Thedifficulty is getting recognition of this as a profession. If only there were a Royal College ofHealth Visiting! >>> "Woody Caan" <awc1@....apu.ac.uk> 08/02/2008 10:35 >>>Brilliant news, Ann!You and Dr. Houston together have significantly increased capacity forresearch in the UK (see attached paper from 2007 by Dawn Hillier).As Hillary Clinton says, 'we CAN do it'.Woody.P.S. I voted for Mrs. Clinton on Super Tuesday- her first legal job was inrelation to safeguarding children in US Child & Family courts, and she hassince been a passionate campaigner against 'people trafficking especiallyyoung people enslaved for the huge US 'Vice' industry... ________________________________From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of ann ebeidSent: 07 February 2008 20:50 Subject: RE: Digest Number 2152hi et al-wonderful news for Senate-I was awarded my doctorate(Professional Education). Isn't that wonderful for the profession.Ann ________________________________ From: annamhoustonhotmail Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 15:55:34 +0000Subject: RE: Digest Number 2152These are great I have already sent them on to someoneelse.Same area of interest is the Shonkoff and Meisels Handbook ofEarly Intervention 2nd edCambridge University Press 2000I remember being so impressed to see the Speech Therapistusing it as a foundation text when i worked in Sure Start in 2002. It made me think she wasso on the money!b/w________________________________Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:40:10 +0000From: Subject: Digest Number 2152SENATE FOR HEALTH VISITING AND SCHOOL NU<;_ylc=X3oDMTJjamhvMWJ2BF9TAzk3MzU5N zE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEc2VjA2hkcgRzbGsDaHBoBHN0aW1lAzEyMDIzMDE2MTA-> Messages In This Digest (3 Messages) 1a. FW: website info<http://bl124w.blu124.mail.live.com/mail/EditMessageLight.aspx?Action=Reply & A llowUnsafe=True & ReadMessageId=4b667da4-1b13-4002-b05f-c023df6f955e & FolderID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001 & n=1542569199#1a> From: Whittaker 1b. Re: FW: website info<http://bl124w.blu124.mail.live.com/mail/EditMessageLight.aspx?Action=Reply & A llowUnsafe=True & ReadMessageId=4b667da4-1b13-4002-b05f-c023df6f955e & FolderID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001 & n=1542569199#1b> From: Cowley 2. A Link from the The American Prospect<http://bl124w.blu124.mail.live.com/mail/EditMessageLight.aspx?Action=Reply & A llowUnsafe=True & ReadMessageId=4b667da4-1b13-4002-b05f-c023df6f955e & FolderID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001 & n=1542569199#2> From:kwhittaker1btinternet View All Topics</messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbzNnb3E0BF9T Azk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA2F0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTIwMjMwMTYxMA--?xm=1 & m=p & tidx=1> | Create New Topic</post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbGtqZTJ0BF9TAzk3 MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTIwMjMwMTYxMA--> Messages 1a. FW: website info</message/9963;_ylc=X3oDMTJwdXUxOXBu BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEbXNnSWQDOTk2MwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMjAyMzAxNjEw> Posted by: " Whittaker" kwhittaker1btinternet <mailto:kwhittaker1btinternet?Subject= Re:FW:website info> bty267869 <bty267869> Tue Feb 5, 2008 8:32 am (PST) For anyone yet to be introduced to theimportant text Neurons toNeighbourhoods, I've come across the websitewhilst lesson prepping. Hereyou can find the working papers relevant tothe text, they can be freelydownloaded. If you go to the: About theCouncil - then the: history link -you will even find a podcast summarising thekey recommendations from thetext.website: http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html <http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html> Strongly recommended for all working withfamilies and particularly studentHVs. WhittakerSenior LecturerDept of NursingRoom 432 Brook BuildingUniversity of Central LancashirePreston PR1 2HETel: 01772 893786Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk <mailto:Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk> http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/index.ht <http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/index.ht > m Any representations, views and/or opinions inthis e-mail are those of thesender, and not necessarily of theUniversity. The University's computernetwork (including its e-mail facility) isintended for educationalpurposes, and the University accepts noliability for, and shall not bebound by, the contents of any e-mail sentfrom its network which do notrelate to those purposes or other business ofthe University. This e-mail is confidential to and for thesole use of its addressee(s). Ifyou should not have received it, pleasenotify the sender and permanentlydelete it: you may not print, copy, disclose,distribute or rely on it, orany part of it.E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to besecure or error-free and theUniversity does not accept liability for anyerrors in or amendments to thecontents of this message which arise inconsequence of its transmission bye-mail.No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: 05/02/200809:44No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: 05/02/200809:44Back to top<http://bl124w.blu124.mail.live.com/mail/EditMessageLight.aspx?Action=Reply & A llowUnsafe=True & ReadMessageId=4b667da4-1b13-4002-b05f-c023df6f955e & FolderID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001 & n=1542569199#toc> Reply to sender<mailto:kwhittaker1btinternet?Subject=Re:FW: website info> | <mailto: ?Subject= Re:FW: website info> Reply togroup | </post;_ylc=X3oDMTJwZWI2OGxqBF9TAzk3 MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEbXNnSWQDOTk2MwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMjAyMzAxNjEw?act=reply & messageNum=9963> Reply via webpost Messages in this topic</message/9963;_ylc=X3oDMTM0czdyZjJy BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEbXNnSWQDOTk2MwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMjAyMzAxNjEwBHRwY0lkAzk5NjM-> (2) 1b. Re: FW: website info</message/9965;_ylc=X3oDMTJwYm5kMzJ2 BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEbXNnSWQDOTk2NQRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMjAyMzAxNjEw> Posted by: " Cowley" sarahcowley183btinternet <mailto:sarahcowley183btinternet?Subject= Re: FW: website info> senatehvsn1 <senatehvsn1> Tue Feb 5, 2008 12:32 pm (PST) , thank you for this very valuableresource. On 5 Feb 2008, at 16:32, Whittakerwrote:> For anyone yet to be introduced to theimportant text Neurons to> Neighbourhoods, I've come across thewebsite whilst lesson > prepping. Here> you can find the working papers relevant tothe text, they can be > freely> downloaded. If you go to the: About theCouncil - then the: > history link -> you will even find a podcast summarisingthe key recommendations > from the> text.>> website: http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html <http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html> >> Strongly recommended for all working withfamilies and particularly > student> HVs.>> >> Whittaker> Senior Lecturer> Dept of Nursing> Room 432 Brook Building> University of Central Lancashire> Preston PR1 2HE>> Tel: 01772 893786> Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk <mailto:Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk> > http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/ <http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/> > index.ht> m>>> Any representations, views and/or opinionsin this e-mail are those > of the> sender, and not necessarily of theUniversity. The University's > computer> network (including its e-mail facility) isintended for educational> purposes, and the University accepts noliability for, and shall > not be> bound by, the contents of any e-mail sentfrom its network which do > not> relate to those purposes or other businessof the University.> This e-mail is confidential to and for thesole use of its addressee > (s). If> you should not have received it, pleasenotify the sender and > permanently> delete it: you may not print, copy,disclose, distribute or rely on > it, or> any part of it.> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to besecure or error-free > and the> University does not accept liability forany errors in or > amendments to the> contents of this message which arise inconsequence of its > transmission by> e-mail.>>>> No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition.> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: > 05/02/2008> 09:44>>> No virus found in this outgoing message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition.> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: > 05/02/2008> 09:44>>>>>>

Thanks Woody for adding the school nursing service to the discussion. I often feel that "health visiting and school nursing" should automatically be together lin the same sentence.

Barbara

PS I'd like to hear about the school health educators meeting - can practice teachers be part of this too?

Digest Number 2152SENATE FOR HEALTH VISITING AND SCHOOL NU<;_ylc=X3oDMTJjamhvMWJ2BF9TAzk3MzU5N zE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEc2VjA2hkcgRzbGsDaHBoBHN0aW1lAzEyMDIzMDE2MTA-> Messages In This Digest (3 Messages) 1a. FW: website info<http://bl124w.blu124.mail.live.com/mail/EditMessageLight.aspx?Action=Reply & A llowUnsafe=True & ReadMessageId=4b667da4-1b13-4002-b05f-c023df6f955e & FolderID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001 & n=1542569199#1a> From: Whittaker 1b. Re: FW: website info<http://bl124w.blu124.mail.live.com/mail/EditMessageLight.aspx?Action=Reply & A llowUnsafe=True & ReadMessageId=4b667da4-1b13-4002-b05f-c023df6f955e & FolderID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001 & n=1542569199#1b> From: Cowley 2. A Link from the The American Prospect<http://bl124w.blu124.mail.live.com/mail/EditMessageLight.aspx?Action=Reply & A llowUnsafe=True & ReadMessageId=4b667da4-1b13-4002-b05f-c023df6f955e & FolderID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001 & n=1542569199#2> From:kwhittaker1btinternet View All Topics</messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbzNnb3E0BF9T Azk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA2F0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTIwMjMwMTYxMA--?xm=1 & m=p & tidx=1> | Create New Topic</post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbGtqZTJ0BF9TAzk3 MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTIwMjMwMTYxMA--> Messages 1a. FW: website info</message/9963;_ylc=X3oDMTJwdXUxOXBu BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEbXNnSWQDOTk2MwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMjAyMzAxNjEw> Posted by: " Whittaker" kwhittaker1btinternet <mailto:kwhittaker1btinternet?Subject= Re:FW:website info> bty267869 <bty267869> Tue Feb 5, 2008 8:32 am (PST) For anyone yet to be introduced to theimportant text Neurons toNeighbourhoods, I've come across the websitewhilst lesson prepping. Hereyou can find the working papers relevant tothe text, they can be freelydownloaded. If you go to the: About theCouncil - then the: history link -you will even find a podcast summarising thekey recommendations from thetext.website: http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html <http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html> Strongly recommended for all working withfamilies and particularly studentHVs. WhittakerSenior LecturerDept of NursingRoom 432 Brook BuildingUniversity of Central LancashirePreston PR1 2HETel: 01772 893786Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk <mailto:Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk> http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/index.ht <http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/index.ht > m Any representations, views and/or opinions inthis e-mail are those of thesender, and not necessarily of theUniversity. The University's computernetwork (including its e-mail facility) isintended for educationalpurposes, and the University accepts noliability for, and shall not bebound by, the contents of any e-mail sentfrom its network which do notrelate to those purposes or other business ofthe University. This e-mail is confidential to and for thesole use of its addressee(s). Ifyou should not have received it, pleasenotify the sender and permanentlydelete it: you may not print, copy, disclose,distribute or rely on it, orany part of it.E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to besecure or error-free and theUniversity does not accept liability for anyerrors in or amendments to thecontents of this message which arise inconsequence of its transmission bye-mail.No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: 05/02/200809:44No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: 05/02/200809:44Back to top<http://bl124w.blu124.mail.live.com/mail/EditMessageLight.aspx?Action=Reply & A llowUnsafe=True & ReadMessageId=4b667da4-1b13-4002-b05f-c023df6f955e & FolderID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001 & n=1542569199#toc> Reply to sender<mailto:kwhittaker1btinternet?Subject=Re:FW: website info> | <mailto: ?Subject= Re:FW: website info> Reply togroup | </post;_ylc=X3oDMTJwZWI2OGxqBF9TAzk3 MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEbXNnSWQDOTk2MwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMjAyMzAxNjEw?act=reply & messageNum=9963> Reply via webpost Messages in this topic</message/9963;_ylc=X3oDMTM0czdyZjJy BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEbXNnSWQDOTk2MwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMjAyMzAxNjEwBHRwY0lkAzk5NjM-> (2) 1b. Re: FW: website info</message/9965;_ylc=X3oDMTJwYm5kMzJ2 BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEbXNnSWQDOTk2NQRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMjAyMzAxNjEw> Posted by: " Cowley" sarahcowley183btinternet <mailto:sarahcowley183btinternet?Subject= Re: FW: website info> senatehvsn1 <senatehvsn1> Tue Feb 5, 2008 12:32 pm (PST) , thank you for this very valuableresource. On 5 Feb 2008, at 16:32, Whittakerwrote:> For anyone yet to be introduced to theimportant text Neurons to> Neighbourhoods, I've come across thewebsite whilst lesson > prepping. Here> you can find the working papers relevant tothe text, they can be > freely> downloaded. If you go to the: About theCouncil - then the: > history link -> you will even find a podcast summarisingthe key recommendations > from the> text.>> website: http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html <http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html> >> Strongly recommended for all working withfamilies and particularly > student> HVs.>> >> Whittaker> Senior Lecturer> Dept of Nursing> Room 432 Brook Building> University of Central Lancashire> Preston PR1 2HE>> Tel: 01772 893786> Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk <mailto:Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk> > http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/ <http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/> > index.ht> m>>> Any representations, views and/or opinionsin this e-mail are those > of the> sender, and not necessarily of theUniversity. The University's > computer> network (including its e-mail facility) isintended for educational> purposes, and the University accepts noliability for, and shall > not be> bound by, the contents of any e-mail sentfrom its network which do > not> relate to those purposes or other businessof the University.> This e-mail is confidential to and for thesole use of its addressee > (s). If> you should not have received it, pleasenotify the sender and > permanently> delete it: you may not print, copy,disclose, distribute or rely on > it, or> any part of it.> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to besecure or error-free > and the> University does not accept liability forany errors in or > amendments to the> contents of this message which arise inconsequence of its > transmission by> e-mail.>>>> No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition.> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: > 05/02/2008> 09:44>>> No virus found in this outgoing message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition.> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: > 05/02/2008> 09:44>>>>>>

Hi Woody

Please could you send me more information

about the National Forum for School Educators.

Best wishes

Elaine Bielby

Bookstart Development Manager Health

Partnerships/

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Barbara -Todd

Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008

2:00 PM

Subject: Re: Digest

Number 2152

Thanks Woody for adding the school nursing service to the

discussion. I often feel that " health visiting and school nursing "

should automatically be together lin the same sentence.

Barbara

PS I'd like to hear about the school health educators meeting

- can practice teachers be part of this too?

Digest Number 2152

<;_ylc=X3oDMTJjamhvMWJ2BF9TAzk3MzU5N

zE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEc2VjA2hkcgRzbGsDaHBoBHN0aW1lAz

EyMDIzMDE2MTA->

1a.

<http://bl124w.blu124.mail.live.com/mail/EditMessageLight.aspx?Action=Reply & A

llowUnsafe=True & ReadMessageId=4b667da4-1b13-4002-

b05f-c023df6f955e & FolderID=0

0000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001 & n=1542569199#1a>

1b.

llowUnsafe=True & ReadMessageId=4b667da4-1b13-4002-b05f-c023df6f955e & FolderID=0

0000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001 & n=1542569199#1b>

llowUnsafe=True & ReadMessageId=4b667da4-1b13-4002-b05f-c023df6f955e & FolderID=0

0000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001 & n=1542569199#2>

kwhittaker1btinternet

View All Topics

</messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbzNnb3E0BF9T

Azk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA2F0c

GMEc3RpbWUDMTIwMjMwMTYxMA--?xm=1 & m=p & tidx=1> | Create

</post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbGtqZTJ0BF9TAzk3

MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA250cGMEc

3RpbWUDMTIwMjMwMTYxMA-->

1a.

</message/9963;_ylc=X3oDMTJwdXUxOXBu

BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEbXNnSWQDOTk2MwRzZ

WMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMjAyMzAxNjEw>

Posted by: " Whittaker "

kwhittaker1btinternet

<mailto:kwhittaker1btinternet?Subject=

Re:FW:

website info> bty267869 <bty267869>

For anyone yet to be introduced to the

important text Neurons to

Neighbourhoods, I've come across the website

whilst lesson prepping. Here

you can find the working papers relevant to

the text, they can be freely

downloaded. If you go to the: About the

Council - then the: history link -

you will even find a podcast summarising the

key recommendations from the

text.

<http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html>

Strongly recommended for all working with

families and particularly student

HVs.

Whittaker

Senior Lecturer

Dept of Nursing

Room 432 Brook Building

University of Central Lancashire

Preston PR1 2HE

Tel: 01772 893786

Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk

<mailto:Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk>

http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/index.ht

<http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/index.ht

>

m

Any representations, views and/or opinions in

this e-mail are those of the

sender, and not necessarily of the

University. The University's computer

network (including its e-mail facility) is

intended for educational

purposes, and the University accepts no

liability for, and shall not be

bound by, the contents of any e-mail sent

from its network which do not

relate to those purposes or other business of

the University.

This e-mail is confidential to and for the

sole use of its addressee(s). If

you should not have received it, please

notify the sender and permanently

delete it: you may not print, copy, disclose,

distribute or rely on it, or

any part of it.

E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be

secure or error-free and the

University does not accept liability for any

errors in or amendments to the

contents of this message which arise in

consequence of its transmission by

e-mail.

No virus found in this incoming message.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:

269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: 05/02/2008

09:44

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:

269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: 05/02/2008

09:44

<http://bl124w.blu124.mail.live.com/mail/E

ditMessageLight.aspx?Action=Reply & A

0000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001 & n=1542569199#toc>

Reply to sender

<mailto:kwhittaker1btinternet?Subject=Re:FW:

website info> |

<mailto: ?Subject=

Re:FW: website info> Reply to

group |

</post;_ylc=X3oDMTJwZWI2OGxqBF9TAzk3

MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEbXNnSWQDOTk2MwRzZWMDZG1zZ

wRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMjAyMzAxNjEw?act=reply & messageNum=9963>

Reply via web

Messages in this topic

</message/9963;_ylc=X3oDMTM0czdyZjJy

BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEbXNnSWQDOTk2MwRzZ

WMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMjAyMzAxNjEwBHRwY0lkAzk5NjM->

(2)

1b.

</message/9965;_ylc=X3oDMTJwYm5kMzJ2

BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEbXNnSWQDOTk2NQRzZ

WMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMjAyMzAxNjEw>

Posted by: " Cowley "

sarahcowley183btinternet

<mailto:sarahcowley183btinternet?Subject=

Re: FW: website info> senatehvsn1 <senatehvsn1>

, thank you for this very valuable

resource.

On 5 Feb 2008, at 16:32, Whittaker

wrote:

> For anyone yet to be introduced to the

important text Neurons to

> Neighbourhoods, I've come across the

website whilst lesson

> prepping. Here

> you can find the working papers relevant to

the text, they can be

> freely

> downloaded. If you go to the: About the

Council - then the:

> history link -

> you will even find a podcast summarising

the key recommendations

> from the

> text.

>

> website:

<http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html>

>

> Strongly recommended for all working with

families and particularly

> student

> HVs.

>

>

>

> Whittaker

> Senior Lecturer

> Dept of Nursing

> Room 432 Brook Building

> University

of Central Lancashire

> Preston PR1 2HE

>

> Tel: 01772 893786

> Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk

<mailto:Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk>

>

http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/

<http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/>

> index.ht

> m

>

>

> Any representations, views and/or opinions

in this e-mail are those

> of the

> sender, and not necessarily of the

University. The University's

> computer

> network (including its e-mail facility) is

intended for educational

> purposes, and the University accepts no

liability for, and shall

> not be

> bound by, the contents of any e-mail sent

from its network which do

> not

> relate to those purposes or other business

of the University.

> This e-mail is confidential to and for the

sole use of its addressee

> (s). If

> you should not have received it, please

notify the sender and

> permanently

> delete it: you may not print, copy,

disclose, distribute or rely on

> it, or

> any part of it.

> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be

secure or error-free

> and the

> University does not accept liability for

any errors in or

> amendments to the

> contents of this message which arise in

consequence of its

> transmission by

> e-mail.

>

>

>

> No virus found in this incoming message.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:

269.19.20/1260 - Release Date:

> 05/02/2008

> 09:44

>

>

> No virus found in this outgoing message.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:

269.19.20/1260 - Release Date:

> 05/0

2/2008

> 09:44

>

>

>

>

>

>

Dear Barbara,

The email and phone addresses I had for you in suffolk are not working today- do please send me your current contacts to a.w.caan@... . Sherwin heads up the NFSHE, but I am certain it would enhance our first meeting in Cambridge if you were able to join us...

Best wishes,

Woody.

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Barbara -ToddSent: 08 February 2008 14:00 Subject: Re: Digest Number 2152

Thanks Woody for adding the school nursing service to the discussion. I often feel that "health visiting and school nursing" should automatically be together lin the same sentence.

Barbara

PS I'd like to hear about the school health educators meeting - can practice teachers be part of this too?

Digest Number 2152SENATE FOR HEALTH VISITING AND SCHOOL NU<;_ylc=X3oDMTJjamhvMWJ2BF9TAzk3MzU5N zE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEc2VjA2hkcgRzbGsDaHBoBHN0aW1lAzEyMDIzMDE2MTA-> Messages In This Digest (3 Messages) 1a. FW: website info<http://bl124w.blu124.mail.live.com/mail/EditMessageLight.aspx?Action=Reply & A llowUnsafe=True & ReadMessageId=4b667da4-1b13-4002-b05f-c023df6f955e & FolderID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001 & n=1542569199#1a> From: Whittaker 1b. Re: FW: website info<http://bl124w.blu124.mail.live.com/mail/EditMessageLight.aspx?Action=Reply & A llowUnsafe=True & ReadMessageId=4b667da4-1b13-4002-b05f-c023df6f955e & FolderID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001 & n=1542569199#1b> From: Cowley 2. A Link from the The American Prospect<http://bl124w.blu124.mail.live.com/mail/EditMessageLight.aspx?Action=Reply & A llowUnsafe=True & ReadMessageId=4b667da4-1b13-4002-b05f-c023df6f955e & FolderID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001 & n=1542569199#2> From:kwhittaker1btinternet View All Topics</messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbzNnb3E0BF9T Azk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA2F0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTIwMjMwMTYxMA--?xm=1 & m=p & tidx=1> | Create New Topic</post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbGtqZTJ0BF9TAzk3 MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTIwMjMwMTYxMA--> Messages 1a. FW: website info</message/9963;_ylc=X3oDMTJwdXUxOXBu BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEbXNnSWQDOTk2MwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMjAyMzAxNjEw> Posted by: " Whittaker" kwhittaker1btinternet <mailto:kwhittaker1btinternet?Subject= Re:FW:website info> bty267869 <bty267869> Tue Feb 5, 2008 8:32 am (PST) For anyone yet to be introduced to theimportant text Neurons toNeighbourhoods, I've come across the websitewhilst lesson prepping. Hereyou can find the working papers relevant tothe text, they can be freelydownloaded. If you go to the: About theCouncil - then the: history link -you will even find a podcast summarising thekey recommendations from thetext.website: http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html <http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html> Strongly recommended for all working withfamilies and particularly studentHVs. WhittakerSenior LecturerDept of NursingRoom 432 Brook BuildingUniversity of Central LancashirePreston PR1 2HETel: 01772 893786Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk <mailto:Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk> http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/index.ht <http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/index.ht > m Any representations, views and/or opinions inthis e-mail are those of thesender, and not necessarily of theUniversity. The University's computernetwork (including its e-mail facility) isintended for educationalpurposes, and the University accepts noliability for, and shall not bebound by, the contents of any e-mail sentfrom its network which do notrelate to those purposes or other business ofthe University. This e-mail is confidential to and for thesole use of its addressee(s). Ifyou should not have received it, pleasenotify the sender and permanentlydelete it: you may not print, copy, disclose,distribute or rely on it, orany part of it.E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to besecure or error-free and theUniversity does not accept liability for anyerrors in or amendments to thecontents of this message which arise inconsequence of its transmission bye-mail.No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: 05/02/200809:44No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: 05/02/200809:44Back to top<http://bl124w.blu124.mail.live.com/mail/EditMessageLight.aspx?Action=Reply & A llowUnsafe=True & ReadMessageId=4b667da4-1b13-4002-b05f-c023df6f955e & FolderID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001 & n=1542569199#toc> Reply to sender<mailto:kwhittaker1btinternet?Subject=Re:FW: website info> | <mailto: ?Subject= Re:FW: website info> Reply togroup | </post;_ylc=X3oDMTJwZWI2OGxqBF9TAzk3 MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEbXNnSWQDOTk2MwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMjAyMzAxNjEw?act=reply & messageNum=9963> Reply via webpost Messages in this topic</message/9963;_ylc=X3oDMTM0czdyZjJy BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEbXNnSWQDOTk2MwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMjAyMzAxNjEwBHRwY0lkAzk5NjM-> (2) 1b. Re: FW: website info</message/9965;_ylc=X3oDMTJwYm5kMzJ2 BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzQ1NjUyMARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjExNDYEbXNnSWQDOTk2NQRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMjAyMzAxNjEw> Posted by: " Cowley" sarahcowley183btinternet <mailto:sarahcowley183btinternet?Subject= Re: FW: website info> senatehvsn1 <senatehvsn1> Tue Feb 5, 2008 12:32 pm (PST) , thank you for this very valuableresource. On 5 Feb 2008, at 16:32, Whittakerwrote:> For anyone yet to be introduced to theimportant text Neurons to> Neighbourhoods, I've come across thewebsite whilst lesson > prepping. Here> you can find the working papers relevant tothe text, they can be > freely> downloaded. If you go to the: About theCouncil - then the: > history link -> you will even find a podcast summarisingthe key recommendations > from the> text.>> website: http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html <http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html> >> Strongly recommended for all working withfamilies and particularly > student> HVs.>> >> Whittaker> Senior Lecturer> Dept of Nursing> Room 432 Brook Building> University of Central Lancashire> Preston PR1 2HE>> Tel: 01772 893786> Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk <mailto:Kwhittaker1uclan (DOT) ac.uk> > http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/ <http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/health/nursing/research/groups/children/> > index.ht> m>>> Any representations, views and/or opinionsin this e-mail are those > of the> sender, and not necessarily of theUniversity. The University's > computer> network (including its e-mail facility) isintended for educational> purposes, and the University accepts noliability for, and shall > not be> bound by, the contents of any e-mail sentfrom its network which do > not> relate to those purposes or other businessof the University.> This e-mail is confidential to and for thesole use of its addressee > (s). If> you should not have received it, pleasenotify the sender and > permanently> delete it: you may not print, copy,disclose, distribute or rely on > it, or> any part of it.> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to besecure or error-free > and the> University does not accept liability forany errors in or > amendments to the> contents of this message which arise inconsequence of its > transmission by> e-mail.>>>> No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition.> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: > 05/02/2008> 09:44>>> No virus found in this outgoing message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition.> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:269.19.20/1260 - Release Date: > 05/02/2008> 09:44>>>>>>

Well done! I'm still a floundering beginner!

On 7 Feb 2008 at 20:49, ann ebeid wrote:

>

>

> hi et al-wonderful news for Senate-I was awarded my doctorate

(Professional Education).

> Isn't that wonderful for the profession.

>

> Ann

>

>

>

> From: annamhouston@...

> Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 15:55:34 +0000

> Subject: RE: Digest Number 2152

>

> These are great I have already sent them on to someone else.

> Same area of interest is the Shonkoff and Meisels Handbook of Early

Intervention 2nd ed

> Cambridge University Press 2000

> I remember being so impressed to see the Speech Therapist using it as a

foundation text

> when i worked in Sure Start in 2002. It made me think she was so on the

money!

> b/w

>

>

>

>

> Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:40:10 +0000

> From:

>

> Subject: Digest Number 2152

>

> SENATE FOR HEALTH VISITING AND SCHOOL NU

> Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

> 1a. FW: website info From: Whittaker

> 1b. Re: FW: website info From: Cowley

> 2. A Link from the The American Prospect From: kwhittaker1@...

>

> View All Topics | Create New Topic

> Messages

> 1a. FW: website info

> Posted by: " Whittaker " kwhittaker1@... bty267869

> Tue Feb5,2008 8:32am (PST)

> For anyone yet to be introduced to the important text Neurons to

> Neighbourhoods, I've come across the website whilst lesson prepping. Here

> you can find the working papers relevant to the text, they can be freely

> downloaded. If you go to the: About the Council - then the: history link -

> you will even find a podcast summarising the key recommendations from the

> text.

>

> website: http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html

>

> Strongly recommended for all working with families and particularly

student

> HVs.

>

>

>

> Whittaker

> Senior Lecturer

> Dept of Nursing

> Room 432 Brook Building

> University of Central Lancashire

> Preston PR1 2HE

>

> Tel: 01772 893786

> Kwhittaker1@...

> http://www Back to top

> Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post

> 1b.

> Re: FW: website info

> Posted by: " Cowley " sarahcowley183@... senatehvsn1

> Tue Feb5,2008 12:32pm (PST)

> , thank you for this very valuable resource.

>

> On 5 Feb 2008, at 16:32, Whittaker wrote:

>

> > For anyone yet to be introduced to the important text Neurons to

> > Neighbourhoods, I've come across the website whilst lesson

> > prepping. Here

> > you can find the working papers relevant to the text, they can be

> > freely

> > downloaded. If you go to the: About the Council - then the:

> > history link -

> > you will even find a podcast summarising the key recommendations

> > from the

> > text.

> >

> > website: http://www.developingchild.net/pubs/wp.html

> >

> > Strongly recommended for all working with families and particularly

> > student

> > HVs.

> >

> >

> >

> > Whittaker

> > Senior Lecturer

> > Dept of Nursing

> > Room 432 Brook Building

> > University of Centra Back to top

> 2.

> A Link from the The American Prospect

> Posted by: " kwhittaker1@... " kwhittaker1@...

bty267869

> Tue Feb5,2008 9:41am (PST)

> - A Link for you from The American Prospect -

>

> Dear ,

>

> Whittaker (kwhittaker1@...) wants you to see this page,

>

http://www.prospect.org:80//cs/articles;jsessionid=a3mHREk0pe8ehwPPQF?article=eI\

d=95

> 50 on The American Prospect.

>

> The sender also included the following message for you:

>

> The influence on policies affecting health.

>

> Perhaps those of us with Tory MPs ought to be drawing their attention to

papers such as

> this by Jack Shonkoff.

>

>

>

> (Note: the sender's e-mail address above has not been verified.)

>

> Back to top

> Visit Your Group

> Health

> Asthma Triggers

> How you can

> identify them.

> Meditation and

> Lovingkindness

> A Group

> to share and learn.

>

> w/ McEnroe

> Join the All-Bran

> Day 10 Club.

>

> Need to Reply?

> Click one of the " Reply " links to respond to a specific message in the Daily

Digest.

>

>

> Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

> Messages | Files | Photos | Links |

> Change settings via the Web ( ID required)

> Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to

Traditional

> Everything in one place. All new Windows Live!

>

>

Wood

Private email address: hwood@...

I agree Barbara - those of you who I have had contact with me in recent years will know I always say "health visiting and school nursing". It might be that it was through school nursing that I came into health visiting but I feel very strongly that both professions need and should have the same education and skills but that they apply them differently because of the main age of their clientele

Margaret