RemedySpot.com

RE: watch this 4 minute video online and raise money for Autism Speaks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear group,

Noah and I watched this together. When the video talks about this little girl not being diagnosed until age 3, I told Noah he had been diagnosed at 2. When the video talked about intensive therapies, he understood that part. He watched the whole thing with me in silence. I'm not sure how much he understood of the rest. I'm not sure he understood why I was crying. It was a very strange and beautiful experience.

-----Original Message-----From: sList [mailto:sList ]On Behalf Of Stacey CoulterSent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 6:34 PMTo: sList Subject: watch this 4 minute video online and raise money for Autism Speaks

The band, Five for Fighting, is generously donating $0.49 to Autism Speaksfor *each time* the video below is viewed. The funding goes toward research studies to help find a cure. When you have a moment,please visit the link below to watch the video and pass it along to yourfriends and family. They are aiming for 10,000 hits, but hopefully we can helpthem to surpass this goal._http://www.whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com/videos/view/id/408214_(http://www.whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com/videos/view/id/408214)

This is an incredibly beautiful and touching video. Janie (my 14 year old w/ HFA) and I watched it together. She continually made comments about the "pretty baby" with "beautiful hair." As much as I hate to rain on anyone's parade, especially during Mardi Gras season here in Louisiana, the fact is that there is no cure available at this time. Our focus and resources (especially the billions of dollars devoted to research) should be on our currently diagnosed children, especially those approaching young adulthood and beyond. I'm a health care professional with a research background and certainly don't dismiss the importance of analyzing and developing protocols that may help future generations. Nonetheless, that does nothing to remedy the crises that so many parents are experiencing in the present. Ellen's earlier e-mail mentioned Hillary Clinton's possible health care plan if she's elected. What we

should do is call, write, e-mail , aka harass, our state and federal representatives and senators to make individuals with developmental disabilities a priority. Some of those research billions should be diverted to improving the quality of life for the DD here and now. Karp wrote: Dear group, Noah and I watched this

together. When the video talks about this little girl not being diagnosed until age 3, I told Noah he had been diagnosed at 2. When the video talked about intensive therapies, he understood that part. He watched the whole thing with me in silence. I'm not sure how much he understood of the rest. I'm not sure he understood why I was crying. It was a very strange and beautiful experience. -----Original Message-----From: sList [mailto:sList ]On Behalf Of Stacey CoulterSent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 6:34 PMTo: sList Subject: watch this 4 minute video online and raise

money for Autism Speaks The band, Five for Fighting, is generously donating $0.49 to Autism Speaksfor *each time* the video below is viewed. The funding goes toward research studies to help find a cure. When you have a moment,please visit the link below to watch the video and pass it along to yourfriends and family. They are aiming for 10,000 hits, but hopefully we can helpthem to surpass this goal._http://www.whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com/videos/view/id/408214_(http://www.whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com/videos/view/id/408214)

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.