RemedySpot.com

Does it run in the family?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Most definitely. I saw an article (maybe it was on this list) that our kids are not the first to have the disorder, rather, the first to be diagnosed with it. I'm sure if we think about our family members, with the knowledge we have, we can recognize other family members who have had it. On my side, my brother is definitely an Aspie - extremely intelligent, gifted, but socially very awkward - undiagnosed and untreated - which has lead to many problems, plus a bit of ADHD thrown in. I remember his teachers always used to complain that he "daydreamed" and my family always spoke about how hyper he was. And I remember he had a tapping stim - same as my daughter - only back in the 60s and 70s they just though he "liked playing the drums." I also think my dad

was an Aspie - highly intelligent, socially awkward, musical genius. Now my brother has the NT kid and I have the ASD kid. She has the tapping stim, the musical gift, and is extremely intelligent. I sometimes regret that I didn't have another child but before she was diagnosed she never slept through the night, screamed constantly and I was just exhausted to even think of another pregnancy and all of that. But she's perfect,just what God knew we needed. Soldier on, folks.

Jazel

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.