RemedySpot.com

Re: Does Autism run in the family???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

No one from either mine or my husband's side have it.

We do not believe it is genetic at all.

--- giolitofam wrote:

> Hello -

>

> I was wondering if anyone had any info on any

> studies or personal

> experience on the rates (if any) of autism running

> in the family - not

> sure if thats how you would put it :) Not amongst

> siblings but more

> extended family...

>

> I have a daughter with Autism and my sister is

> trying to get pregnant

> and obviously is a little concerned. I did some

> research but could not

> come across anything.

>

> I would appreciate any stories or input - thanks so

> much to all!

>

> Have a great day all!

>

> a

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

The thing is genetic make up can be as tricky as playing russian rolet. Yes you

and no one in your family has it but there are disorders were 2 parents produce

an offspring with a rare disorder and why? Because it just happens. My son's

rare disorder is 1 in 500 K and he is the only one in fl living with it that we

or UM knows of. Pick up this book called NORD or get its site National

Organization for Rare Disorders. There are millions and maybe in the billions of

different disorders out there. Meaning 20 years back all our kids were mongolds

and now we have names for different disorders. Look at the evolution of all

this, I was very amazed by knowing how much we can know about our genes since

the year 2000 thanks to the March of Dimes. So finding a cure is around the

corner if we work together and don't think so well why me? That dosent make

sense. Maybe not today but one day this all will.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

--- giolitofam <giolitofamyahoo (DOT) <mailto:giolitofam%40yahoo.com> com> wrote:

> Hello -

>

> studies or personal

> in the family - not

> siblings but more

> extended family...

>

> trying to get pregnant

> research but could not

> come across anything.

>

> much to all!

>

> Have a great day all!

>

> a

>

>

Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.

<http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping>

search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

I feel differently about Autism and genetics. My two children both are living with Autism as is my first cousins child and my Father's first cousin's grandchild.

I will also add that my Father and my Uncle were identical twins so my cousin and I are almost genetic half siblings.

Ruth

--- giolitofam <giolitofam> wrote:

> Hello -

>

> studies or personal

> in the family - not

> siblings but more

> extended family...

>

> trying to get pregnant

> research but could not

> come across anything.

>

> much to all!

>

> Have a great day all!

>

> a

>

>

Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!

In my family I say yes and below is the reson why. Please know that I know many people feel diferently on this also so this is only my opinion. I have been told by my DAN doctor that ADD & ADHD are on the spectrum also. Going with that information I feel that Autism has a genetic link in my family. I have 1 cousin who had ADD as a child. Another cousin who has 4 children 2 of who have ADHD and one with PDD-NOS. The oldest one with ADHD was also just diagnosed with Epilepsy. On my husbands side it is hard to tell because he is from Brazil and does not get to talk to his family much. So that is only looking on my side. Dawn Cammarata wrote: No one from either mine or my husband's side have it. We do not believe it is genetic at all. --- giolitofam <giolitofam> wrote:> Hello - > > I was wondering if anyone had any info on any> studies or personal > experience on the rates (if any) of autism running> in the family - not > sure if thats how you would put it :) Not amongst> siblings but more > extended family...> > I have a daughter with Autism and my sister is> trying to get pregnant > and obviously is a little concerned. I did some> research but could not > come across

anything.> > I would appreciate any stories or input - thanks so> much to all!> > Have a great day all!> > a> > __________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shoppingDawn

www.shoppingcartblankie.com

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

In my family I say yes and below is the reson why. Please know that I know many people feel diferently on this also so this is only my opinion. I have been told by my DAN doctor that ADD & ADHD are on the spectrum also. Going with that information I feel that Autism has a genetic link in my family. I have 1 cousin who had ADD as a child. Another cousin who has 4 children 2 of who have ADHD and one with PDD-NOS. The oldest one with ADHD was also just diagnosed with Epilepsy. On my husbands side it is hard to tell because he is from Brazil and does not get to talk to his family much. So that is only looking on my side. Dawn Cammarata wrote: No one from either mine or my husband's side have it. We do not believe it is genetic at all. --- giolitofam <giolitofam> wrote:> Hello - > > I was wondering if anyone had any info on any> studies or personal > experience on the rates (if any) of autism running> in the family - not > sure if thats how you would put it :) Not amongst> siblings but more > extended family...> > I have a daughter with Autism and my sister is> trying to get pregnant > and obviously is a little concerned. I did some> research but could not > come across

anything.> > I would appreciate any stories or input - thanks so> much to all!> > Have a great day all!> > a> > __________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shoppingDawn

www.shoppingcartblankie.com

I have to say i only have one Thank G-D my other two weren't vaccinated... Ellen B. Blackburn www.thepuzzleplace.com

In my family I say yes and below is the reson why. Please know that I know many people feel diferently on this also so this is only my opinion. I have been told by my DAN doctor that ADD & ADHD are on the spectrum also. Going with that information I feel that Autism has a genetic link in my family. I have 1 cousin who had ADD as a child. Another cousin who has 4 children 2 of who have ADHD and one with PDD-NOS. The oldest one with ADHD was also just diagnosed with Epilepsy. On my husbands side it is hard to tell because he is from Brazil and does not get to talk to his family much. So that is only looking on my side.

Dawn Cammarata <cammarata01@ yahoo.com> wrote:

No one from either mine or my husband's side have it. We do not believe it is genetic at all. --- giolitofam <giolitofamyahoo (DOT) com> wrote:> Hello - > > I was wondering if anyone had any info on any> studies or personal > experience on the rates (if any) of autism running> in the family - not > sure if thats how you would put it :) Not amongst> siblings but more > extended family...> > I have a daughter with Autism and my sister is> trying to get pregnant > and obviously is a little concerned. I did some> research but could not > come across anything.> > I would appreciate any stories or input - thanks so> much to all!> > Have a great day all!> > a> >

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools. search.yahoo. com/newsearch/ category. php?category= shopping

Dawn

www.shoppingcartbla nkie.com

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

I have to say i only have one Thank G-D my other two weren't vaccinated... Ellen B. Blackburn www.thepuzzleplace.com

In my family I say yes and below is the reson why. Please know that I know many people feel diferently on this also so this is only my opinion. I have been told by my DAN doctor that ADD & ADHD are on the spectrum also. Going with that information I feel that Autism has a genetic link in my family. I have 1 cousin who had ADD as a child. Another cousin who has 4 children 2 of who have ADHD and one with PDD-NOS. The oldest one with ADHD was also just diagnosed with Epilepsy. On my husbands side it is hard to tell because he is from Brazil and does not get to talk to his family much. So that is only looking on my side.

No one from either mine or my husband's side have it. We do not believe it is genetic at all. --- giolitofam <giolitofamyahoo (DOT) com> wrote:> Hello - > > I was wondering if anyone had any info on any> studies or personal > experience on the rates (if any) of autism running> in the family - not > sure if thats how you would put it :) Not amongst> siblings but more > extended family...> > I have a daughter with Autism and my sister is> trying to get pregnant > and obviously is a little concerned. I did some> research but could not > come across anything.> > I would appreciate any stories or input - thanks so> much to all!> > Have a great day all!> > a> >

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools. search.yahoo. com/newsearch/ category. php?category= shopping

Dawn

Dawn

I have to agree here with Ruth. My son is Autistic, my daughter is LD which our neurologist claimed is very common in familes with autism. Thus, my brother is Aspergers, our two first cousins on our maternal side have dyslexia and LD. To add to that our second cousin has twins, one of which is autistic. These are the diagnosed relatives. My maternal grandfather was most definitely aspergers and still on that side of the family, my mother's first cousin, is definitely aspergers. What I have personally witnessed is that the 1st generation we can trace is higher functioning, the second generation is barely functioning, and the present is yet to be decided. I am working my "tush" off to make sure my son is successful and functioning. My opinion, and experience!

In regards to your sister, I am a former Broward County teacher. I piloted inclusion at my school and taught the program for 8.5 years until my son was diagnosed. NEVER, in those years did I think I should not have children, because gee, they could have disabilities. That should not scare her off, again my personal opinion.

Sheryl:)

To: sList From: strunckies@...Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:22:59 -0500Subject: Re: Does Autism run in the family???

I feel differently about Autism and genetics. My two children both are living with Autism as is my first cousins child and my Father's first cousin's grandchild.I will also add that my Father and my Uncle were identical twins so my cousin and I are almost genetic half siblings.Ruth Re: Does Autism run in the family???

No one from either mine or my husband's side have it. We do not believe it is genetic at all. --- giolitofam <giolitofam> wrote:> Hello - > > I was wondering if anyone had any info on any> studies or personal > experience on the rates (if any) of autism running> in the family - not > sure if thats how you would put it :) Not amongst> siblings but more > extended family...> > I have a daughter with Autism and my sister is> trying to get pregnant > and obviously is a little concerned. I did some> research but could not > come across anything.> > I would appreciate any stories or input - thanks so> much to all!> > Have a great day all!> > a> > __________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Share life as it happens with the new Windows Live. Start sharing!

I have to agree here with Ruth. My son is Autistic, my daughter is LD which our neurologist claimed is very common in familes with autism. Thus, my brother is Aspergers, our two first cousins on our maternal side have dyslexia and LD. To add to that our second cousin has twins, one of which is autistic. These are the diagnosed relatives. My maternal grandfather was most definitely aspergers and still on that side of the family, my mother's first cousin, is definitely aspergers. What I have personally witnessed is that the 1st generation we can trace is higher functioning, the second generation is barely functioning, and the present is yet to be decided. I am working my "tush" off to make sure my son is successful and functioning. My opinion, and experience!

In regards to your sister, I am a former Broward County teacher. I piloted inclusion at my school and taught the program for 8.5 years until my son was diagnosed. NEVER, in those years did I think I should not have children, because gee, they could have disabilities. That should not scare her off, again my personal opinion.

To: sList From: strunckies@...Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:22:59 -0500Subject: Re: Does Autism run in the family???

I feel differently about Autism and genetics. My two children both are living with Autism as is my first cousins child and my Father's first cousin's grandchild.I will also add that my Father and my Uncle were identical twins so my cousin and I are almost genetic half siblings.Ruth Re: Does Autism run in the family???

No one from either mine or my husband's side have it. We do not believe it is genetic at all. --- giolitofam <giolitofam> wrote:> Hello - > > I was wondering if anyone had any info on any> studies or personal > experience on the rates (if any) of autism running> in the family - not > sure if thats how you would put it :) Not amongst> siblings but more > extended family...> > I have a daughter with Autism and my sister is> trying to get pregnant > and obviously is a little concerned. I did some> research but could not > come across anything.> > I would appreciate any stories or input - thanks so> much to all!> > Have a great day all!> > a> > __________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

True I have to agree with you on that. Having a child with disabilty has made me

a better person, mother, daughter. A fighter and a person soooo diferent because

the unconditional love from my son is what keeps me going. Plus he was my first

and he was disabled. I never thought of having an abortion for my other 2 babies

after him. Just took more precautions. He is still a child, a life that needs

love and all the other things any child or adult needs.

Aka enzo's mom

--- giolitofam <giolitofamyahoo (DOT) com> wrote:

> Hello -

>

> studies or personal

> in the family - not

> siblings but more

> extended family...

>

> trying to get pregnant

> research but could not

> come across anything.

>

> much to all!

>

> Have a great day all!

>

> a

>

>

----------------

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail

<http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/mailtour/aol/en-us/text.htm?ncid=aolcmp\

00050000000003> !

----------------

<http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_sharelife_012008>

True I have to agree with you on that. Having a child with disabilty has made me

a better person, mother, daughter. A fighter and a person soooo diferent because

the unconditional love from my son is what keeps me going. Plus he was my first

and he was disabled. I never thought of having an abortion for my other 2 babies

after him. Just took more precautions. He is still a child, a life that needs

love and all the other things any child or adult needs.

Aka enzo's mom

> Hello -

>

> studies or personal

> in the family - not

> siblings but more

> extended family...

>

> trying to get pregnant

> research but could not

> come across anything.

>

> much to all!

>

> Have a great day all!

>

> a

>

>

----------------

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail

<http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/mailtour/aol/en-us/text.htm?ncid=aolcmp\

00050000000003> !

----------------

<http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_sharelife_012008>

I agree with a lot of what you said. Hence, I do not

consider " regressive autism " a " rare disorder " . I am

of the belief that there IS an epidemic. Hence, there

is no such thing as a genetic epidemic.(They have been

searching for an " autism " gene for many, many years

without any success. I have two other children that do

not have autism. There is no doubt in my mind that the

epidemic is caused by en environmental factor either

at conception of sometime afterwards. There are

however, certain sub sets of autism such as fragile X

/ Down's syndrome autism that are " genetic " in nature.

This is just my opinion after a couple years of

reading and observations. Thank you for sharing.

--- cathymilian@... wrote:

> The thing is genetic make up can be as tricky as

> playing russian rolet. Yes you and no one in your

> family has it but there are disorders were 2 parents

> produce an offspring with a rare disorder and why?

> Because it just happens. My son's rare disorder is 1

> in 500 K and he is the only one in fl living with it

> that we or UM knows of. Pick up this book called

> NORD or get its site National Organization for Rare

> Disorders. There are millions and maybe in the

> billions of different disorders out there. Meaning

> 20 years back all our kids were mongolds and now we

> have names for different disorders. Look at the

> evolution of all this, I was very amazed by knowing

> how much we can know about our genes since the year

> 2000 thanks to the March of Dimes. So finding a cure

> is around the corner if we work together and don't

> think so well why me? That dosent make sense. Maybe

> not today but one day this all will.

> Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

>

> Re: Does Autism run in the

> family???

>

>

> No one from either mine or my husband's side have

> it.

> We do not believe it is genetic at all.

> --- giolitofam <giolitofamyahoo (DOT)

> <mailto:giolitofam%40yahoo.com> com> wrote:

>

> > Hello -

> >

> > I was wondering if anyone had any info on any

> > studies or personal

> > experience on the rates (if any) of autism

> running

> > in the family - not

> > sure if thats how you would put it :) Not amongst

> > siblings but more

> > extended family...

> >

> > I have a daughter with Autism and my sister is

> > trying to get pregnant

> > and obviously is a little concerned. I did some

> > research but could not

> > come across anything.

> >

> > I would appreciate any stories or input - thanks

> so

> > much to all!

> >

> > Have a great day all!

> >

> > a

> >

> >

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.

>

>

>

>

>

>

I agree with a lot of what you said. Hence, I do not

consider " regressive autism " a " rare disorder " . I am

of the belief that there IS an epidemic. Hence, there

is no such thing as a genetic epidemic.(They have been

searching for an " autism " gene for many, many years

without any success. I have two other children that do

not have autism. There is no doubt in my mind that the

epidemic is caused by en environmental factor either

at conception of sometime afterwards. There are

however, certain sub sets of autism such as fragile X

/ Down's syndrome autism that are " genetic " in nature.

This is just my opinion after a couple years of

reading and observations. Thank you for sharing.

--- cathymilian@... wrote:

> The thing is genetic make up can be as tricky as

> playing russian rolet. Yes you and no one in your

> family has it but there are disorders were 2 parents

> produce an offspring with a rare disorder and why?

> Because it just happens. My son's rare disorder is 1

> in 500 K and he is the only one in fl living with it

> that we or UM knows of. Pick up this book called

> NORD or get its site National Organization for Rare

> Disorders. There are millions and maybe in the

> billions of different disorders out there. Meaning

> 20 years back all our kids were mongolds and now we

> have names for different disorders. Look at the

> evolution of all this, I was very amazed by knowing

> how much we can know about our genes since the year

> 2000 thanks to the March of Dimes. So finding a cure

> is around the corner if we work together and don't

> think so well why me? That dosent make sense. Maybe

> not today but one day this all will.

> Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

>

> Re: Does Autism run in the

> family???

>

>

> No one from either mine or my husband's side have

> it.

> We do not believe it is genetic at all.

> --- giolitofam <giolitofamyahoo (DOT)

> <mailto:giolitofam%40yahoo.com> com> wrote:

>

> > Hello -

> >

> > I was wondering if anyone had any info on any

> > studies or personal

> > experience on the rates (if any) of autism

> running

> > in the family - not

> > sure if thats how you would put it :) Not amongst

> > siblings but more

> > extended family...

> >

> > I have a daughter with Autism and my sister is

> > trying to get pregnant

> > and obviously is a little concerned. I did some

> > research but could not

> > come across anything.

> >

> > I would appreciate any stories or input - thanks

> so

> > much to all!

> >

> > Have a great day all!

> >

> > a

> >

> >

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.

>

>

>

>

>

>

<<There arehowever, certain sub sets of autism such as fragile X/ Down's syndrome autism that are "genetic" in nature.>>

Do you have any specific information concluding that Down Syndrome autism is genetic in nature?

Sherry

<<There arehowever, certain sub sets of autism such as fragile X/ Down's syndrome autism that are "genetic" in nature.>>

Do you have any specific information concluding that Down Syndrome autism is genetic in nature?

Sherry

Here is the interesting part about that my Daughter was not vaccinated either yet she is still Autistic. Wish there was an easy answer.

Ruth

I have to say i only have one Thank G-D my other two weren't vaccinated...

Ellen B. Blackburn

www.thepuzzleplace.com

Dawn

Cammarata <cammarata01@ yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello -

>

> studies or personal

> in the family - not

> siblings but more

> extended family...

>

> trying to get pregnant

> research but could not

> come across anything.

>

> much to all!

>

> Have a great day all!

>

> a

>

>

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools. search.yahoo. com/newsearch/ category. php?category= shopping

Dawn

Here is the interesting part about that my Daughter was not vaccinated either yet she is still Autistic. Wish there was an easy answer.

Ruth

I have to say i only have one Thank G-D my other two weren't vaccinated...

Ellen B. Blackburn

www.thepuzzleplace.com

Dawn

Cammarata <cammarata01@ yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello -

>

> studies or personal

> in the family - not

> siblings but more

> extended family...

>

> trying to get pregnant

> research but could not

> come across anything.

>

> much to all!

>

> Have a great day all!

>

> a

>

>

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools. search.yahoo. com/newsearch/ category. php?category= shopping

Dawn

Sorry, I took awhile to get back, as I do not check my

messages daily. Here is an article:

Journal of Intellectual Disability Research

Volume 44 Issue 5 Page 562-566, October 2000

To cite this article: M. Ghaziuddin (2000)

Autism in Down's syndrome: a family history study

Journal of Intellectual Disability Research 44 (5),

562–566.

doi:10.1046/j.1365-2788.2000.00271.

I have read many like this, but quite frankly,

articles such as this are similar to the same as the

ones I read about children without DS that have

autism. In other words, they probably only apply to a

small percentage of children/adults. Therefore, I do

not believe that children with DS are anymore likely

to have a " genetic " link as children without. This is

not to say that there is not " some inherited familial

link in both " There are many subsets of AS. I

probably should have used qualifiers when referring to

DS or maybe not have used it atall.

--- gldcst wrote:

> <<There are

> however, certain sub sets of autism such as fragile

> X

> / Down's syndrome autism that are " genetic " in

> nature.>>

>

> Do you have any specific information concluding that

> Down Syndrome autism is genetic in nature?

> Sherry

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Sorry, I took awhile to get back, as I do not check my

messages daily. Here is an article:

Journal of Intellectual Disability Research

Volume 44 Issue 5 Page 562-566, October 2000

To cite this article: M. Ghaziuddin (2000)

Autism in Down's syndrome: a family history study

Journal of Intellectual Disability Research 44 (5),

562–566.

doi:10.1046/j.1365-2788.2000.00271.

I have read many like this, but quite frankly,

articles such as this are similar to the same as the

ones I read about children without DS that have

autism. In other words, they probably only apply to a

small percentage of children/adults. Therefore, I do

not believe that children with DS are anymore likely

to have a " genetic " link as children without. This is

not to say that there is not " some inherited familial

link in both " There are many subsets of AS. I

probably should have used qualifiers when referring to

DS or maybe not have used it atall.

--- gldcst wrote:

> <<There are

> however, certain sub sets of autism such as fragile

> X

> / Down's syndrome autism that are " genetic " in

> nature.>>

>

> Do you have any specific information concluding that

> Down Syndrome autism is genetic in nature?

> Sherry

>

>

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

<<Do you have any specific information concluding that Down Syndrome autism is genetic in nature?Sherry>>

Well it looks as if the original poster is not going to reply to this question so I'd just like to make clear the fact that just because Down Syndrome is genetic, the dual dx of DS and Autism is far from being understood. In DS there is a 1 in 10 chance of developing Autism....much higher than the 1 in 150 in the regular population but we have a group of 1000 members and many many of them report the development of autism as a reaction to vaccines. We probably know less about the origin of the dual dx than you all do about "regular" autism. It's most certainly a "subset" but not even the top researchers have concluded it is genetic in nature.

Sherry

<<Do you have any specific information concluding that Down Syndrome autism is genetic in nature?Sherry>>

Well it looks as if the original poster is not going to reply to this question so I'd just like to make clear the fact that just because Down Syndrome is genetic, the dual dx of DS and Autism is far from being understood. In DS there is a 1 in 10 chance of developing Autism....much higher than the 1 in 150 in the regular population but we have a group of 1000 members and many many of them report the development of autism as a reaction to vaccines. We probably know less about the origin of the dual dx than you all do about "regular" autism. It's most certainly a "subset" but not even the top researchers have concluded it is genetic in nature.

Sherry

<<This isnot to say that there is not "some inherited familiallink in both" There are many subsets of AS. Iprobably should have used qualifiers when referring toDS or maybe not have used it atall. >>

Hi there, thank you for your reply. One of "our" DS gurus who you may run into on the ABMD list for biomedical intervention has found some hints of research that a certain part of the brain in some kids with the dual dx is different than other DS kids. I'd sure love to find the answer.

<<This isnot to say that there is not "some inherited familiallink in both" There are many subsets of AS. Iprobably should have used qualifiers when referring toDS or maybe not have used it atall. >>

Hi there, thank you for your reply. One of "our" DS gurus who you may run into on the ABMD list for biomedical intervention has found some hints of research that a certain part of the brain in some kids with the dual dx is different than other DS kids. I'd sure love to find the answer.