RemedySpot.com

Re: Place Program or Complex Program? Please help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Has the school district evaluated your daughter or made a recommendation as to which program they thought would be best? When we went through the process, they recommended which program (PLACE) and put him in his home school. I was agreeable because he was high functioning and our home school is a good one. The school did end up transferring him to Baudhuin when he was 4 which was his BEST classroom experience. The PLACE program is a mixed bag of developmental delays, ages 3-5, Dylan didnt have ANY good language role models in the class, and PLACE didnt give him seperate speech/lang therapy (which I totally thought he was receiving!) I felt good when he was transferred to Baudhuin where I knew he was surrounded by professionals who KNEW ASD's. They were also so supportive. I feel like they did a good job preparing him for Kindergarten (regular classroom!) Good

Luck! divanaty wrote: Good Morning Everyone,I am looking for shared experience on place or complex program....I have a soon to be 3yrs old that will soon be in public system school...I need help with finding out the place and complex programs in Coral Springs, tamarac, sunrise, plantation, davie and weston...I get different advice on putting her in place or complex...and i guess

the best solution is to try to do some research.....if any of you could share good and bad experience to help me to find the right place for my daughter without to much drama...ha hathank you so muchNathalie

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Has the school district evaluated your daughter or made a recommendation as to which program they thought would be best? When we went through the process, they recommended which program (PLACE) and put him in his home school. I was agreeable because he was high functioning and our home school is a good one. The school did end up transferring him to Baudhuin when he was 4 which was his BEST classroom experience. The PLACE program is a mixed bag of developmental delays, ages 3-5, Dylan didnt have ANY good language role models in the class, and PLACE didnt give him seperate speech/lang therapy (which I totally thought he was receiving!) I felt good when he was transferred to Baudhuin where I knew he was surrounded by professionals who KNEW ASD's. They were also so supportive. I feel like they did a good job preparing him for Kindergarten (regular classroom!) Good

Luck! divanaty wrote: Good Morning Everyone,I am looking for shared experience on place or complex program....I have a soon to be 3yrs old that will soon be in public system school...I need help with finding out the place and complex programs in Coral Springs, tamarac, sunrise, plantation, davie and weston...I get different advice on putting her in place or complex...and i guess

the best solution is to try to do some research.....if any of you could share good and bad experience to help me to find the right place for my daughter without to much drama...ha hathank you so muchNathalie

We were at Baudhin for almost 3 years and had tremendous success. If you are looking for a wonderful place for your child,I suggest getting more info on the Baudhuin School. Best of luck, Deborah Long wrote: Has the school district evaluated your daughter or made a recommendation as to which program they thought would be best? When we went through the process, they recommended which program (PLACE) and put him in his home school. I was agreeable because he was high functioning and our

home school is a good one. The school did end up transferring him to Baudhuin when he was 4 which was his BEST classroom experience. The PLACE program is a mixed bag of developmental delays, ages 3-5, Dylan didnt have ANY good language role models in the class, and PLACE didnt give him seperate speech/lang therapy (which I totally thought he was receiving!) I felt good when he was transferred to Baudhuin where I knew he was surrounded by professionals who KNEW ASD's. They were also so supportive. I feel like they did a good job preparing him for Kindergarten (regular classroom!) Good Luck! divanaty <divanatymsn> wrote: Good Morning Everyone,I am looking for shared experience on place or complex

program....I have a soon to be 3yrs old that will soon be in public system school...I need help with finding out the place and complex programs in Coral Springs, tamarac, sunrise, plantation, davie and weston...I get different advice on putting her in place or complex...and i guess the best solution is to try to do some research.....if any of you could share good and bad experience to help me to find the right place for my daughter without to much drama...ha hathank you so muchNathalie Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Deborah Dunn , Silpada Sales Representative (954)531-0145 www.mysilpada.com/deborah.dunn Office Hours M,W,F 9-1, Show Hours... appointments only "When I go to work, I end up at a PARTY!"

We were at Baudhin for almost 3 years and had tremendous success. If you are looking for a wonderful place for your child,I suggest getting more info on the Baudhuin School. Best of luck, Deborah Long wrote: Has the school district evaluated your daughter or made a recommendation as to which program they thought would be best? When we went through the process, they recommended which program (PLACE) and put him in his home school. I was agreeable because he was high functioning and our

home school is a good one. The school did end up transferring him to Baudhuin when he was 4 which was his BEST classroom experience. The PLACE program is a mixed bag of developmental delays, ages 3-5, Dylan didnt have ANY good language role models in the class, and PLACE didnt give him seperate speech/lang therapy (which I totally thought he was receiving!) I felt good when he was transferred to Baudhuin where I knew he was surrounded by professionals who KNEW ASD's. They were also so supportive. I feel like they did a good job preparing him for Kindergarten (regular classroom!) Good Luck! divanaty <divanatymsn> wrote: Good Morning Everyone,I am looking for shared experience on place or complex

program....I have a soon to be 3yrs old that will soon be in public system school...I need help with finding out the place and complex programs in Coral Springs, tamarac, sunrise, plantation, davie and weston...I get different advice on putting her in place or complex...and i guess the best solution is to try to do some research.....if any of you could share good and bad experience to help me to find the right place for my daughter without to much drama...ha hathank you so muchNathalie Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Deborah Dunn , Silpada Sales Representative (954)531-0145 www.mysilpada.com/deborah.dunn Office Hours M,W,F 9-1, Show Hours... appointments only "When I go to work, I end up at a PARTY!"

We had our first meeting last week...which was a 1st look at my

daughter...they told me the last evaluation was to be around march...

so even with your son whom is being high functioning you were happy

with baudhuin?

thank you so much for your reply....i really need this...as i'm very

confused with all this....and i am so worry about making a wrong step

in this adventure that is kind of new for me...

Good Morning Everyone,

>

> I am looking for shared experience on place or complex program....I

> have a soon to be 3yrs old that will soon be in public system

> school...I need help with finding out the place and complex

programs

> in Coral Springs, tamarac, sunrise, plantation, davie and

weston...I

> get different advice on putting her in place or complex...and i

guess

> the best solution is to try to do some research.....if any of you

> could share good and bad experience to help me to find the right

place

> for my daughter without to much drama...ha ha

>

> thank you so much

> Nathalie

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!

Search.

>

with baudhuin?

Good Morning Everyone,

>

programs

weston...I

guess

place

>

> thank you so much

> Nathalie

>

>

>

>

>

>

Search.

>

with baudhuin?

Good Morning Everyone,

>

programs

weston...I

guess

place

>

> thank you so much

> Nathalie

>

>

>

>

>

>

Search.

>

I think it would be good if you visited the different

programs. PLACE & or CP at one school may not be the

same at another it truly depends on the teacher. I

believe that the CP program uses the TEACCH method.

Good Luck.

--- divanaty wrote:

> Good Morning Everyone,

>

> I am looking for shared experience on place or

> complex program....I

> have a soon to be 3yrs old that will soon be in

> public system

> school...I need help with finding out the place and

> complex programs

> in Coral Springs, tamarac, sunrise, plantation,

> davie and weston...I

> get different advice on putting her in place or

> complex...and i guess

> the best solution is to try to do some

> research.....if any of you

> could share good and bad experience to help me to

> find the right place

>

> thank you so much

> Nathalie

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

It is all so confusing! I was under the impression that Baudhuin was only for lower functioning kids who couldnt handle PLACE or complex place, but later learned that they had classrooms that were a mix of high functioning kids and typical Voluntary Pre K kids....which is where my son was placed. He got the benefit of being in an environment which totally understood his needs as well as some good language and play role models of the typical kids. Beautiful school...i would check it out as a possibility! divanaty wrote: We had our

first meeting last week...which was a 1st look at my daughter...they told me the last evaluation was to be around march...so even with your son whom is being high functioning you were happy with baudhuin?thank you so much for your reply....i really need this...as i'm very confused with all this....and i am so worry about making a wrong step in this adventure that is kind of new for me... Good Morning Everyone,> > I am looking for shared experience on place or complex program....I > have a soon to be 3yrs old that will soon be in public system > school...I need help with finding out the place and complex programs > in Coral Springs, tamarac, sunrise, plantation, davie and weston...I > get different advice on putting her in

place or complex...and i guess > the best solution is to try to do some research.....if any of you > could share good and bad experience to help me to find the right place > for my daughter without to much drama...ha ha> > thank you so much> Nathalie> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.>

Baudhuin is an awesome early intervention program for ANY child on the spectrum. I am more concerned about my son when he enters elementary, middle and high school.

Re: Place Program or Complex Program? Please help

We had our first meeting last week...which was a 1st look at my daughter...they told me the last evaluation was to be around march...so even with your son whom is being high functioning you were happy with baudhuin?thank you so much for your reply....i really need this...as i'm very confused with all this....and i am so worry about making a wrong step in this adventure that is kind of new for me... Good Morning Everyone,> > I am looking for shared experience on place or complex program....I > have a soon to be 3yrs old that will soon be in public system > school...I need help with finding out the place and complex programs > in Coral Springs, tamarac, sunrise, plantation, davie and weston...I > get different advice on putting her in place or complex...and i guess > the best solution is to try to do some research.....if any of you > could share good and bad experience to help me to find the right place > for my daughter without to much drama...ha ha> > thank you so much> Nathalie> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.>

my son is at baudhuin and is pretty high functioning, is potty training so that we can consider a cluster situation for him with an eye to a mainstream classroom for him. I have baudhuin to thank for this. he started talking, eating, and potty training there. they do have many different kinds of classrooms so the best thing to do is talk to someone like dr manny when you go to view the school, and take a tour. imho you will love it. Long wrote: It is all so confusing! I was under the impression that Baudhuin was only for lower functioning kids who couldnt handle PLACE or complex place, but later learned that they had classrooms that were a mix of high functioning kids and typical Voluntary Pre K kids....which is where my son was placed. He got the benefit of being in an environment which totally understood his needs as well as some good language and play role models of the typical kids. Beautiful school...i would check it out as a possibility! divanaty wrote: We had our first meeting last week...which was a 1st look at my daughter...they told me the last evaluation was to be around march...so even with your

son whom is being high functioning you were happy with baudhuin?thank you so much for your reply....i really need this...as i'm very confused with all this....and i am so worry about making a wrong step in this adventure that is kind of new for me... Good Morning Everyone,> > I am looking for shared experience on place or complex program....I > have a soon to be 3yrs old that will soon be in public system > school...I need help with finding out the place and complex programs > in Coral Springs, tamarac, sunrise, plantation, davie and weston...I > get different advice on putting her in place or complex...and i guess > the best solution is to try to do some research.....if any of you > could share good and bad

experience to help me to find the right place > for my daughter without to much drama...ha ha> > thank you so much> Nathalie> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>i vote for baudhuin as well, we had a miserable experience at complex in

an elementary school but baudhuin was great. Good luck

> daughter...they told me the last evaluation was to be around march...

> so even with your son whom is being high functioning you were happy

> with baudhuin?

> thank you so much for your reply....i really need this...as i'm very

> confused with all this....and i am so worry about making a wrong step

> in this adventure that is kind of new for me...

>

>

>

>

> Good Morning Everyone,

>>

>> I am looking for shared experience on place or complex program....I

>> have a soon to be 3yrs old that will soon be in public system

>> school...I need help with finding out the place and complex

> programs

>> in Coral Springs, tamarac, sunrise, plantation, davie and

> weston...I

>> get different advice on putting her in place or complex...and i

> guess

>> the best solution is to try to do some research.....if any of you

>> could share good and bad experience to help me to find the right

> place

>> for my daughter without to much drama...ha ha

>>

>> thank you so much

>> Nathalie

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> ---------------------------------

>> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!

> Search.

>>

>

>

>

> with baudhuin?

>

>

>

>

> Good Morning Everyone,

>>

> programs

> weston...I

> guess

> place

>>

>> thank you so much

>> Nathalie

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

> Search.

>>

>

>

>

> with baudhuin?

>

>

>

>

> Good Morning Everyone,

>>

> programs

> weston...I

> guess

> place

>>

>> thank you so much

>> Nathalie

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

> Search.

>>

>

>

>

My son is in a complex place program at Sawgrass Elementary. While I was unhappy with his PK4 class I am ecstatic about his K class because his teacher makes all the difference in the world. I love her! I would say that it will vary by school and teacher! We also got lucky that 5 of the 7 kids in his class are all more or less on the same level as my son. They get pulled out for activities with the regular K class and he also gets ST daily for half an hour as well. HTH B

good afternoon.....a big thank you everyone for all the answer....this

is so great...and a big thank you to to keep it up...

Nathalie

>

> Good Morning Everyone,

>

> school...I need help with finding out the place and complex programs

> in Coral Springs, tamarac, sunrise, plantation, davie and weston...I

> get different advice on putting her in place or complex...and i guess

place