RemedySpot.com

Re:Does Autism run in the family???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Our oldest son has autism. It is the first case of autism in both our families. His genetic tests so far have come back normal. And yet, he does have autism. There is so much about autism that science has not yet begun to uncover. I remember when my oldest son got diagnosed. We were told to consult a genetics counselor if we wanted to have more children. My response: too late for that. I was two months pregnant with my second child, who so far has not shown any signs of autism and continues to develop typically. Personally to us, it was a non-issue. But I do understand how this can be a concern to some people, because this journey in the world of autism is not easy. I know families where autism does run in the family (in milder forms, in most cases), so it can go either way. If your sister is very concerned about this, she can consult a genetics counselor who will order some tests

to see if she or her husband have genetic markers. But frankly, nothing can guarantee 100% that she will or will not have a child with autism. "We can't form our children on our own concepts. We must take them and love them as God gives them to us" ~Goethe ("\''/").___..--'''"-._ `9_ 9 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`) (_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-' ..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' .' (il).-'' ((i).' ((!.-'Proud Penn Stater!!! Y:*``*:Y:*``*:Y:*``*:Y:*``*:Y:*``*:Y:*``*:Y:*``*:Y

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.