RemedySpot.com

Re:legal guardian

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Everyone applying for guardianship

must be represented by an attorney; courts do not allow you to do it yourself.

If you need further information or want a referral, feel free to contact me

off-list.

" Serving the World's Most

Deserving Clients "

Minerva

V. , Esq. BCABA

Special

Kids Law Center, LLC

http://www.specialkidslawcenter.com

Phone:

Fax:

this is just an FYI..

The Florida Local Advocacy Council and the Statewide Advocacy Council (FLAC and SAC) recently did a survey on what the disability community needs with regards to guardianship...the proposed ideas and changes include developing and implementing a procedure for parents of developmentally delayed individuals, who will not likely be restored to competency, to continue in the role of "natural guardian" past the age of 18...this would avoid the need for legal proceedings to obtain guardianship once our children become of legal age. These proceedings can be costly and very cost prohibitive to families. The report to the govenor's office included proposed legislative changes so that this could be accomplished..there would need to be a process developed that would identify the "natural guardians" but it is being looked at in Tallahassee ..nothing has changed yet, but there are suggestions and changes that would benefit all of us in the future.. I will try and get t

he report to post online if anyone is interested???? not sure if it is posted on my myflorida.com .

-------------- Original message from "D & M " : --------------

Everyone applying for guardianship must be represented by an attorney; courts do not allow you to do it yourself. If you need further information or want a referral, feel free to contact me off-list.

"Serving the World's Most Deserving Clients"

Minerva V. , Esq. BCABA

Special Kids Law Center, LLC

http://www.specialkidslawcenter.com

Phone:

Fax: