RemedySpot.com

Re: 8 hr EEG and sedated MRI

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My son had an eeg at dmc when he was young. He had an mri there under sedation

that did not work, he could not be sedated. It was a nightmare to watch.

However, mch in miami did total anesthesia for the mri and they were absolutely

perfect. Got the results without the pain and suffering.

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

8 hr EEG and sedated MRI

Anyone have experience with the tests above for their child? Care to share?

Thanks Sherry  gldcstcomcast (DOT) net

• 1 year later...

never knew, until now, that an 8 hr. eeg existed. Like I mentioned earlier, I had two(2) 23 hr. ones.Do you know when they decide to do the 1 for 8 hrs. vs. 23 hrs. Is this 8 hour something new(after Nov., 2006)? Honestly, for my daughter's sake, they need to perfect a way to have a portable eeg, like they have perfected w/ekg's.

We did the 8 hour EEG at Dan Marino Ctr twice...2006 and 2007.

RobinWho's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.

my son had sedation for the MRI at Dan Marino Center and it did not work well at all--he was fighting the meds and ripped out his iv, and was totally terrified when the machine got going and making the loud noises. it was a nightmare. We had to re-do it at MCH in Miami under total anesthesia, and everything went perfectly. RLisme1@... wrote: In a message dated 1/31/2008 5:59:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, gldcstcomcast (DOT) net writes: Anyone have experience with the tests above for their child? Care to share? Thanks Sherry gldcstcomcast (DOT) net My son had the 8 hour EEG twice. We just brought foods and snacks he liked and all his video games (and systems). The time passed much more quickly for him than for us! He is high functioning but the last hour we had to keep telling him to leave the electrodes alone. Good luck. Robin Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year. Joyce

I'd like to thank everyone very much for their input on these tests. We will be going to Dan Marino and my understanding of why they have chosen an 8 hour test which IS unnusual is that has turned 19 and if put in the hospital for a longer test she would be required to be on the adult floor. Dr. Gadia didn't want to do that. She has Down Syndrome as well as Autism and is only 4'6" 90 lb, nonverbal, SIBs etc. Sounds like several of you have had trouble with sedation at Dan Marino....we'll check into that thoroughly. I also had no idea you could walk around with the eeg wires on. She just had a first seizure a couple of weeks ago during the flu and high temp. She has a double whammy risk factor apparently. Thank you all so much.

Sherry