RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Help w/ Psych/ OCD : ASA mtg. 1-16 w/ Dr. Hoffman

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dr. Cremer in North Miami Beach is particularly good with ASD and OCD.

Hilda

-----Original Message-----From: sList [mailto:sList ] On Behalf Of Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 6:16 PMTo: sList Subject: Re: Help w/ Psych/ OCD : ASA mtg. 1-16 w/ Dr. Hoffman

Just FYI -

Dr. Hoffman is speaking next Wednesday (16th) about OCD at the Broward ASA Monthly meeting. Meeting is at 7:30 at 10250 NW 53rd Street in Sunrise.

fabricia batlle <fabribatlle> wrote:

Dear friends:

I'm looking for a pediatric psychologist for my 8 year old son.

He has autism and is starting to develop some OCD (Obsessive compulsive disorder) behaviors. At the beginning it was very mild and occasional and we could manage it, I thought it was just a phase, because he's had some other habits that have come and gone, but now it has turned into something that is interfering with his normal activities.

For him to do anything he must touch someone, either with his finger or elbow, or be right next to someone just to feel the closeness of someone. For example, if he puts his clothes on, for each piece of clothing, he must touch me first: Touch--put on under ware, touch--put on pants, touch--put on shirt, and so on. When I back away from him to avoid the touching, he doesn't get dressed. Same story at school, and there, is even harder because, there are other children around that he uses for his touching and sometimes the teachers have their backs towards him, but he just runs to them and touches them. At home I've managed to avoid he touching by staying away at a certain distance, but he just stares at me, like he has no clue on what to do. It has gotten so bad that now he is angry and upset most of the time. If I take the towel that he just used and dropped on the floor, he takes it away from me very angrily and throws it again on the floor, so that he can pick it up, but then he must touch me first to pick it up. This is happening now all the time, sometimes I don't even know what I did that got him upset. I am loosing my mind here!. He has always been so independent, and that was great, but now this got out of hand.

I'm looking for a psychologist because I want to try all I can, before considering medication.

Help!

Fabricia.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1216 - Release Date: 1/9/2008 10:16 AM

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1216 - Release Date: 1/9/2008 10:16 AM