RemedySpot.com

Primary Schlerosing Choleangitis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Today Show :

My husband was recently diagnosed with Primary Schlerosing Choleangitis, a progressive liver disease. You may recall this is the same disease that Walter Payton and Klug had. I am writing to ask you to explore the possibility of doing a show or series of shows on this puzzling disease. I, personally, as advocate for my husband, (age 46), am a sponge. I am continuously looking for information and doing research about PSC. While doing research on line, I came across the most amazing group of people in the pscsupport . They have given us a wealth of information and constant support. There are people at various stages of PSC- some with the disease, some as caregivers. There are a few families where parents have donated a part of their liver to their children and vice versa. Their stories are inspiring to all!

I know Couric did a series on Colon Cancer and many people were inspired to go to the doctor and have those colonoscopies. My hope would be that if the Today Show did a series on PSC, people would be educated about the disease and also consider donating organs. Maybe you could recruit Klug to help in this endeavor. I am sure there are people in the PSC group that would be willing to participate in some way. Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you. Kathleen Melia