Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

---

> Ugh.. I hate going to the dentist... they are not the most sensitive

bunch

> are they? My teeth are very sensitive and when they shoot that

friggin cold

> water around my mouth, I want to kill them all..

>

> Any tips on how to cope with the scraping and prodding? Plus, I have

TMJ so

> my jaw tends to lock up when I have my mouth open for too long.

>

> S.

, can you ask the hygenist to fill the tank with warm water?

Mine will for me! Good luck, hugs, Deb in Ohio

Guest guest

my mom in law told me when the pain gets bad,pinch your self and you wont think about what the dentist is doing. lol

this dummy(me) tried it. didnt work at all. haha

tlvc@...

ilovedavid22000@...

-- Dentist

Ugh.. I hate going to the dentist... they are not the most sensitive bunch are they? My teeth are very sensitive and when they shoot that friggin cold water around my mouth, I want to kill them all..

Any tips on how to cope with the scraping and prodding? Plus, I have TMJ so my jaw tends to lock up when I have my mouth open for too long.

S.

I haven't been to the dentist in over a year and have a deep cleaning coming up, something which I am definitely not looking forward to.

1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

my mom in law told me when the pain gets bad,pinch your self and you wont think about what the dentist is doing. lol

tlvc@...

ilovedavid22000@...

-- Dentist

Ugh.. I hate going to the dentist... they are not the most sensitive bunch are they? My teeth are very sensitive and when they shoot that friggin cold water around my mouth, I want to kill them all..

Any tips on how to cope with the scraping and prodding? Plus, I have TMJ so my jaw tends to lock up when I have my mouth open for too long.

S.

I haven't been to the dentist in over a year and have a deep cleaning coming up, something which I am definitely not looking forward to.

1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

tlvc@...

ilovedavid22000@...

-- Dentist

S.

Guest guest

I agree, the dentist and their assistants are evil. I have TMJ so I can't leave my mouth open for long periods of time and nobody even cares enough to work faster and stop talking about their irregular periods and what their kids are doing while I'm sitting in the chair with my mouth open and waiting for the scary dental instrument to plunge into my mouth.

Good luck at your dentist whenever you go and remember to tell us how the laser equipment was.

S.

Guest guest

WOW! Laser equipment????? I was WONDERING when the dental field was going to get less barbaric! Ofcourse, being that Kauai is always 10yrs behind the rest of the world; i'll be lucky to ever see that new laser dental equipment before i die. (well... i'd actually be lucky to even see a dentist - PERIOD.) (can't afford it.)

Aloooooooooha!-JaanaModerator / Member De-Bouncerator / humble Group servant

Re: Dentist

I think the dentist if the evil devil. Many of them don't even know what fibro was. The last hygienist scared me off so badly. I told her to be gentle and she just kept telling me that she had to get the plague off. I haven't been for like 2 years. I probably have a ton of cavities.

But I found a doctor that has the laser equipment, instead of drilling. I was told that there isn't any need for needles when you need a filling and no pain. It sounds like popcorn I heard. If I ever make it there I will let everyone know how it went. But it could be a while. I am more scare of the dentist than anything else.

But the idea about the numbing gel for the cleaning is a good one.

Good luck with the dentist.

Regards,

• 2 years later...

Pediatric Dentistry Dr. Abby Wilentz http://www.pdokids.com/wilentz.asp We have been going there for 8 years. They are wonderful with special needs kids. allisonnelson2002 wrote: Hi,I am looking for a dentist for my 3 1/2 year old son. He has PDD-NOS and is very orally sensitive. He not been to a dentist yet. We live in Weston and need to find a great dentist close by or at least in Broward county. Any

suggestions on a patient & kind dentist would be appreciated. THANKS! Joyce

Hello,

My son is five-years-old and considered high-functioning autistic.

He is verbal, sweet and loving, but sensitive to the sounds and

instruments that are necessary to professionally clean the teeth. We

have only found one dentist that was great with him and he was Dr.

Newman in Boca Raton . The office is very

friendly and they do accommodate all kids.

We recently had such a bad experience with Dr. Bazos in Coral

Springs. His office claims that they will treat children with

special needs, only as a cover to avoid the uncomfortable statement

of, " We prefer to treat only 'normal' children that are easy, so

please find another dentist. " I called three times to make an

appointment for my son. I was told that they are open Monday through

Saturday, but they only treat special needs children at designated

times.

Okay, what are the times on Saturday?

" We do not see these kids on Saturday. "

How about a morning or after school appointment?

" No, only at 11:30 just before lunch. "

I would prefer not to pull my son out of school for the entire day,

he is off from school these dates...over the next three months.

" We do not see special needs kids on days the schools are closed

because we are too busy and we do not make any exceptions per the

office manager. "

So let me get this strait, you make a 30 minute window only on

certain days that is pretty much filled for your " special " kids.

I get so frustrated. Everything has to be harder and we over and

over have to take the advocate role. Why not just say we are not

going to find a slot for your child from the beginning.

Our children should not miss an entire day of school with needed

therapies to get their teeth cleaned because an office considers them

are unworthy of anything more than part of a lunch hour. I'll stick

with Dr. Newman, he is worth the drive.

>

> Hi,

> I am looking for a dentist for my 3 1/2 year old son. He has PDD-

NOS

> and is very orally sensitive. He not been to a dentist yet. We live

in

> Weston and need to find a great dentist close by or at least in

Broward

> county. Any suggestions on a patient & kind dentist would be

> appreciated. THANKS!

>

Ive had good experiences with Dr Templeton 4969 Volunteer Rd, Davie 33330. They are used to working with kids with special needs. They can schedule him at quieter times when more staff is available to assist. They are quick. They let you sit with him too. When we first started going, I had to lay in the chair with him on my lap to help hold him and comfort him. Now, he goes easily and even had a full set of x rays done! (They wont push xrays on your son unless they see a problem). It is located on the corner of and Volunteer Rd (which is just east of 75) in the Publix plaza behind Outback Steakhouse. Good Luck!! allisonnelson2002 wrote: Hi,I am looking for a dentist for my 3 1/2 year old son. He has PDD-NOS and is very orally sensitive. He not been to a dentist yet. We live in Weston and need to find a great dentist close by or at least in Broward county. Any suggestions on a patient & kind dentist would be appreciated. THANKS!

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Ive had good experiences with Dr Templeton 4969 Volunteer Rd, Davie 33330. They are used to working with kids with special needs. They can schedule him at quieter times when more staff is available to assist. They are quick. They let you sit with him too. When we first started going, I had to lay in the chair with him on my lap to help hold him and comfort him. Now, he goes easily and even had a full set of x rays done! (They wont push xrays on your son unless they see a problem). It is located on the corner of and Volunteer Rd (which is just east of 75) in the Publix plaza behind Outback Steakhouse. Good Luck!! allisonnelson2002 wrote: Hi,I am looking for a dentist for my 3 1/2 year old son. He has PDD-NOS and is very orally sensitive. He not been to a dentist yet. We live in Weston and need to find a great dentist close by or at least in Broward county. Any suggestions on a patient & kind dentist would be appreciated. THANKS!

Dr. Bolski is in weston; although she's not considered pediatric or special needs, she has treated my son for 11 years (since he was 5 years old). She has always been patient and nurturing with him. This was after we left a pediatric dentist who couldn't handle him at all!! She is in Town Center with Dr. Friedel.

Dentist

Hi,

I am looking for a dentist for my 3 1/2 year old son. He has PDD-NOS

and is very orally sensitive. He not been to a dentist yet. We live in

Weston and need to find a great dentist close by or at least in Broward

county. Any suggestions on a patient & kind dentist would be

appreciated. THANKS!

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!

Dr. Bolski is in weston; although she's not considered pediatric or special needs, she has treated my son for 11 years (since he was 5 years old). She has always been patient and nurturing with him. This was after we left a pediatric dentist who couldn't handle him at all!! She is in Town Center with Dr. Friedel.

Dentist

Hi,

I am looking for a dentist for my 3 1/2 year old son. He has PDD-NOS

and is very orally sensitive. He not been to a dentist yet. We live in

Weston and need to find a great dentist close by or at least in Broward

county. Any suggestions on a patient & kind dentist would be

appreciated. THANKS!

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!

and all,

you can always check the archives of the listserv at www.groups.yahoo.com/group/deniseslist , and go to messages. There's lots of good info about dentists there!

-----Original Message-----From: sList [mailto:sList ]On Behalf Of allisonnelson2002Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 10:12 AMTo: sList Subject: Dentist

Hi,I am looking for a dentist for my 3 1/2 year old son. He has PDD-NOS and is very orally sensitive. He not been to a dentist yet. We live in Weston and need to find a great dentist close by or at least in Broward county. Any suggestions on a patient & kind dentist would be appreciated. THANKS!

I also have taken my son there for several years and they have been wonderful!Joyce wrote: Pediatric Dentistry Dr. Abby Wilentz http://www.pdokids.com/wilentz.asp We have been going there for 8 years. They are wonderful with special needs kids. allisonnelson2002 <nallis5aol> wrote:

Hi,I am looking for a dentist for my 3 1/2 year old son. He has PDD-NOS and is very orally sensitive. He not been to a dentist yet. We live in Weston and need to find a great dentist close by or at least in Broward county. Any suggestions on a patient & kind dentist would be appreciated. THANKS! Joyce

I too highly recommend Dr. Templeton and Dr. Sherman (they are in the same office). Their staff are very friendly and patient with our kids. Good luck! Long wrote: Ive had good experiences with Dr Templeton 4969 Volunteer Rd, Davie 33330. They are used to working with kids with special needs. They can schedule him at quieter times when more staff is available to assist. They are quick. They let you sit with him too. When we first

started going, I had to lay in the chair with him on my lap to help hold him and comfort him. Now, he goes easily and even had a full set of x rays done! (They wont push xrays on your son unless they see a problem). It is located on the corner of and Volunteer Rd (which is just east of 75) in the Publix plaza behind Outback Steakhouse. Good Luck!! allisonnelson2002 <nallis5aol> wrote: Hi,I am looking for a dentist for my 3 1/2 year old son. He has PDD-NOS and is very orally sensitive. He not been to a dentist yet. We live in Weston and need to find a great dentist close by or at least in Broward county. Any suggestions on a patient & kind dentist would be appreciated. THANKS! Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.