RemedySpot.com

HPV, Paps & Betamannan (Toby)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI Toby and all, ; )

Yes, I'm all over the net with various things, *chuckle* that's why I get so much mail. LOL but Yes, I used the Betamannan from Alotek, http://www.alotek.com to reverse a positive pap test and it really can help aid that. (I've hundreds of letters from people who saw that and wrote me (and still write) And it's helped them as well) but basically it's to rebuild the immune system and it's a weakened immune system that is the cause in most cases where the HPV becomes active. The freeze dried aloe in it as well as the Betaglucans and Vit.E can help restore that abnormal tissue too.

By the way he's got a lot of excellent information there but a few things I disagree with, esp. when he talks about HPV being connected with vulvodynia or LS..... it's simply that 80% of 'all' sexually active women carry the HPV virus, most unknowingly, (unless they have a positive pap) That's how common it is, and most don't have this vulvar pain, it's coincidental that we do and also have HPV. The chicken or egg thing.

A large study that came out from Dr. Barb.Moscicki with a ten year follow up for HPV, states the same, she's written a lot of articles that are in JAMA and is well known in the field.

But...... I do want to say that in ''most'' cases the HPV can go dormant on it's own even without outside intervention (it may take up to 3 yrs with some, a lot less with others) and in most cases it's not the riskier types or strains but the Betamannan like I said can help things along.

In my case I have or carry the riskier strain(s) and even with that those too most often revert. One can have a simple Digene Hybrid capture test II once they have a positive pap and they can determine the type or strain. (it's a simple swab of the mucuous) and it can help ease your mind or prevent needless leeps,cones, or cryo.

It's not individually tested for a certain strain, they couldn't as there are approximately 100 types or strains of DNA of the HPV, (older studies say less) but is done collectively at the testing center. Even if you have only one strain, it makes it seem as though you have them all. It's broken into catagories of 'risky' or 'non risky' so if a person had the non risky types those don't have the 'potential' to cause the cervix to turn to cancer and one wouldn't need to be concerned at all.

HPV can be microscopic as in our paps or visible as in Genital WARTS and warts fall into the 'non risky' catagory and are not dangerous at all, (types 6 & 11) but the media sure blows it out of proportion. You wouldn't believe the letters I get with women (or men) wanting to commit suicide or not kiss their spouses *sigh*...or ready to get a divorce when it can have been dormant even from childhood and warts are just not a big deal at all. (except if it were constantly irritated or rubbed raw then the potential as in any sore to turn pre-cancerous would be there or if it were huge and in the way of intercourse)

If the HPV strain is in the other 'risky' catagory, that 'still' isn't that worrisome but does tell you to simply keep up with those pap tests in order to catch something that 'might' turn into a more serious condition. So it's really a 'tool' as is a pap test.

From all the more technical deeper research I've done, I've found a site that really is a good one and simplified and backs up the legitimate research.

For those interested. it's at:

http://www.ashastd.org/hpvccrc/hpvmyth.html (facts & myths of HPV)

http://www.ashastd.org/hpvccrc/patientfaq.html (patient FAQ's)

As to your own bumps? I have no idea hon if that's what it is or not, but if it is warts as I mentioned above I'd not worry about it, it's not dangerous, and I do know there is some vulvar tissue that is sort of bumpy LOL or a big rugged and all is not smooth. Maybe looks like 'chicken skin' or goose bumps. ha ha

Our only real concern is cervical cancer and in almost all cervical cancers yes HPV is found...(found in other cancers as well) but that doesn't mean that all HPV is cancerous. With pap tests and early intervention with a HIGHER reading it can be taken care of fairly fast and why those pap tests are so important and again MOST revert to normal if we wait long enough as long as it isn't a high reading. As I said even that study with Moscicki says the same.

Another thing, HPV is a virus and is with us for life it can never be eliminated, but does and can go dormant and cause no problems and is why too often those leeps or conizations are too often not necessary, no guarantees believe me, ask your physician. No doubt needed if one has a HIGH pap reading of course as it can removed those abnormal cells the HPV caused, but it's the abnormal cells that are removed , NOT the HPV. Hope that made sense.

The reason I used the Betamannan was for a bad pap and not for vulvar pain and it was simply coincidental that I also found it soothing for the vulvar pain...But in my testimonial I said it made me 'sweet' tasting, LOL, well no more. it's formula has changed (for the better for paps) but it has a medicinal bitter taste and odor, like an iodine smell. So don't count on using it for that 'sweet' taste, haha ha I'd written that back several years ago I think.

Whew......another long ramble, Apologies to all, but my thoughts on it from my own experience and what I know through thousands of legitimate medical research and articles.

Hugs

Dee~ ; )