RemedySpot.com

thyroid meds

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm not sure if I am posting to the group in the correct way or not.

Please let me know if I am or am not.

My situation is unfortunately rather complicated but one question I

have is about thyroid medication.

I was diagnosed hypothyroid in 2009 -- I waited and got re-tested a

few times before I agreed to go on Levothyroxine. I really felt that

it was the 25-50 mg of Seroquel I take at night that had contributed

to it but I was unable to lower the dose to less than 25 mg and still

get a decent night's sleep.

I really wanted to get off Seroquel and then see if my thyroid bounced

back but I wasn't able to do so.

Then I was encouraged to switch to Armour Thyroid and then Nature-throid.

My question is, do you think that once you've used thyroid medicine,

" natural " or synthetic, does your body forget how to make its own?

Dear a,   You said:I'm not sure if I am posting to the group in the correct way or not. Please let me know if I am or am not. 

My situation is unfortunately rather complicated but one question I have is about thyroid medication. 

I was diagnosed hypothyroid in 2009 -- I waited and got re-tested a few times before I agreed to go on Levothyroxine. I really felt that it was the 25-50 mg of Seroquel I take at night that had contributed to it but I was unable to lower the dose to less than 25 mg and still get a decent night's sleep. 

I really wanted to get off Seroquel and then see if my thyroid bounced back but I wasn't able to do so. 

Then I was encouraged to switch to Armour Thyroid and then Nature-throid. My question is, do you think that once you've used thyroid medicine, " natural " or synthetic, does your body forget how to make its own?>>

**  We  probably will never know is the Seroquel caused the thyroid deficiency.  But what we do know is that regardless of how long you will someday be off this drug, you will still have thyroid problems. These problems are not self-correcting.  In light of this, there should be no concerns about taking the thyroid supplement.

Regards, 

Dear a,   You said:I'm not sure if I am posting to the group in the correct way or not. Please let me know if I am or am not. 

My situation is unfortunately rather complicated but one question I have is about thyroid medication. 

I was diagnosed hypothyroid in 2009 -- I waited and got re-tested a few times before I agreed to go on Levothyroxine. I really felt that it was the 25-50 mg of Seroquel I take at night that had contributed to it but I was unable to lower the dose to less than 25 mg and still get a decent night's sleep. 

I really wanted to get off Seroquel and then see if my thyroid bounced back but I wasn't able to do so. 

Then I was encouraged to switch to Armour Thyroid and then Nature-throid. My question is, do you think that once you've used thyroid medicine, " natural " or synthetic, does your body forget how to make its own?>>

**  We  probably will never know is the Seroquel caused the thyroid deficiency.  But what we do know is that regardless of how long you will someday be off this drug, you will still have thyroid problems. These problems are not self-correcting.  In light of this, there should be no concerns about taking the thyroid supplement.

Regards, 

Regards,